Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49473 times)
Jota_US

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 12:25:35 AM

im a total newb, anyone has advice or a video on how to open port 9333. I have a Apple Airport Xtreme router, here is some pictures of setting
what do i have to change to make it work
thanks

I do not know mac's very well but I would assume it has more to do with your router - you need to log into the router - I have never used the router in question so I am not able to verify if this is 100% correct but here is a site I found that states it walks thru how to do a port forward with your router

https://portforward.com/apple/airport-extreme/

So this morning the miner went to 0 hashrate (but still on) and the node offline.
I restarted everything and the miner is now mining but the node is not coming back up. I get the "node starting" screen but after 20 minutes it goes to the "node offline" screen.

when you restarted everything - did you open a new browser window? if not, try that.

did you start the node via the webpage gui? if so, try this - turn off Apollo at the psu - restart it and then open a new browser window/tab and see if that helps - the node should start itself when you power cycle the miner. I had the problem where I was not aware of this and I was trying to start the node via the web gui and that was wrong.

Yes, when I restarted I do it a the psu level.
I did it a second time even, turned the miner off in the dashboard (node already off). Then when the LED is red flip the switch off and on but same problem. The miner goes on as normal, the node is in the "starting node" screen and then after a while goes to "node off"

are you closing the browser window and opening a new one? I think that has to be done too.

Yes did that as well. I think I'm going to reflash the sd card. because something got broken when the hashrate was at 0. Maybe I'll even reformat the USB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 12:41:40 AM

Yes did that as well. I think I'm going to reflash the sd card. because something got broken when the hashrate was at 0. Maybe I'll even reformat the USB.

ok - I apologize if I was providing steps that you already took - just trying to remember all the hangups I had to getting mine started. I would start with the SD card before going thru the USB reformat.

let me know how it goes! I hope you get back up and running soon!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
estacionsj

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 03:15:54 AM

the instruction u had were for like the original version so i found something newer, but the old tutorial helped me find this one.I did it now ill wait till tomorrow to see if it works, if not i have to re arrange the way my network devices are set up,so the apollo is set up and connected at the first router.I have 3 routers to extend the range all over the house.
Thanks
instructions i found
https://www.rainmachine.com/support/portforwarding/Port-Forwarding-Apple-AirPortExtreme-Router-for-HTTPS.pdf

im a total newb, anyone has advice or a video on how to open port 9333. I have a Apple Airport Xtreme router, here is some pictures of setting
thanks

I do not know mac's very well but I would assume it has more to do with your router - you need to log into the router - I have never used the router in question so I am not able to verify if this is 100% correct but here is a site I found that states it walks thru how to do a port forward with your router

So this morning the miner went to 0 hashrate (but still on) and the node offline.
I restarted everything and the miner is now mining but the node is not coming back up. I get the "node starting" screen but after 20 minutes it goes to the "node offline" screen.

when you restarted everything - did you open a new browser window? if not, try that.

did you start the node via the webpage gui? if so, try this - turn off Apollo at the psu - restart it and then open a new browser window/tab and see if that helps - the node should start itself when you power cycle the miner. I had the problem where I was not aware of this and I was trying to start the node via the web gui and that was wrong.
estacionsj

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 04:15:06 AM

Thanks,
 Stryfe
For sending me threw the right path, Now There isn another Node up and running

thanks

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 04:51:50 AM

Thanks,
 Stryfe
For sending me threw the right path, Now There isn another Node up and running

glad I could help!

the instruction u had were for like the original version so i found something newer, but the old tutorial helped me find this one.I did it now ill wait till tomorrow to see if it works, if not i have to re arrange the way my network devices are set up,so the apollo is set up and connected at the first router.I have 3 routers to extend the range all over the house.
Thanks
instructions i found
https://www.rainmachine.com/support/portforwarding/Port-Forwarding-Apple-AirPortExtreme-Router-for-HTTPS.pdf

what do you mean original version? the batch 1? when I got mine, I followed the provided instructions to the "T" and it did not work - that is when it was realized that the instructions did not say to use a fresh browser window and did not say you needed to power cycle the miner - I do not know if he edited it to say that now but anyways that was my issue so was just trying to help

I am glad you found the solution - did not know you were using multiple routers - I do that here but I only use one as a router, the others I wired to be broadcasting the original signal vs their own. So everything in my house thinks that all my routers are the actual primary one.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Jota_US

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 05:12:33 AM

ok - I apologize if I was providing steps that you already took - just trying to remember all the hangups I had to getting mine started. I would start with the SD card before going thru the USB reformat.

No worries!
Flashing the card did not fix it so I deleted the Litecoin folder in the USB and transfered a new blockchain and now the node is up and syncing.

I guess the blockchain got corrupted somehow, but really odd because I didn't touch anything it just happened.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 12:01:11 PM

No worries!
Flashing the card did not fix it so I deleted the Litecoin folder in the USB and transfered a new blockchain and now the node is up and syncing.

I guess the blockchain got corrupted somehow, but really odd because I didn't touch anything it just happened.

hopefully its not a bad usb stick

Mine BTC @ kano.is
estacionsj

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 11:02:00 PM

When I said original I meant instructions for version 1 of the airport, I have the last AirPort Extreme router Version Apple made , I think series 5 and the guide menu is different from the tutorial link u sent.

No worries!

hopefully its not a bad usb stick
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 11:16:44 PM

When I said original I meant instructions for version 1 of the airport, I have the last AirPort Extreme router Version Apple made , I think series 5 and the guide menu is different from the tutorial link u sent.

oooh lol I totally misread that one - I thought you were referring to the node instructions. either way, I am glad you got it working!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Wlbryce

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 11:58:13 PM

Installed the Node kit with the new SD card and USB drive. The install went smooth.
The Node is showing 12/16 connections.

But, I have a problem. Maybe I just don't understand. I setup my pool information in the Miner, with my Litecoinpool.org pool information.
The dashbord shows is hashing and is "Active" but under the "status"  it is reporting  "Dead".

I looked on my litecoinpool account and it's NOT mining.
The Donation Pool is mining fine and showing "Active" and "Alive".

I shut the miner down, and restarted with the non "Node" SD card and the Apollo wert right back into mining as it normally would "Active" and "Alive".

Any help?

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 12:29:55 AM

Installed the Node kit with the new SD card and USB drive. The install went smooth.
The Node is showing 12/16 connections.

But, I have a problem. Maybe I just don't understand. I setup my pool information in the Miner, with my Litecoinpool.org pool information.
The dashbord shows is hashing and is "Active" but under the "status"  it is reporting  "Dead".

I looked on my litecoinpool account and it's NOT mining.
The Donation Pool is mining fine and showing "Active" and "Alive".

I shut the miner down, and restarted with the non "Node" SD card and the Apollo wert right back into mining as it normally would "Active" and "Alive".

Any help?

check the settings for the pool info - make sure no empty spaces at start/end of the url address and i know with litecoinpool.org that it wont connect the miner if the miner worker name is not correct --- also check for the PW to be right

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Wlbryce

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 12:55:18 AM

check the settings for the pool info - make sure no empty spaces at start/end of the url address and i know with litecoinpool.org that it wont connect the miner if the miner worker name is not correct --- also check for the PW to be right

That was a simple fix, Thanks! It was that I needed Caps in my Login.

Back up and mining! The Node seems to be running stable also!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 12:59:12 AM

glad I could help! and good to see another Apollo Node up and running! we now show 46 Apollo Nodes!

Mine BTC @ kano.is
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:05:56 PM

No worries!

If your doing hard resets with the node running the USB drive can easily get corrupted. You have to shutdown through the menu and wait until the Apollo is fully shutdown (Red or Blank LED).

Initial time you fire up the node I recommend everyone just boot the Apollo and leave it be overnight...your going to see lots of timeouts/errors on the dashboard and that does not necessarily mean something is wrong. You have to remember we squeezed full node functionally on a device that has the horsepower of a smartphone from a few years ago. The dashboard won't be able to keep up 100% of the time especially during initial load.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:08:08 PM

glad I could help! and good to see another Apollo Node up and running! we now show 46 Apollo Nodes!

Yep this is exciting! Large number of Batch 1 kits still have not been shipped out yet so once those go out we should easily get to #2 node in a couple of weeks!

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Jota_US

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 06:15:02 PM

No worries!

If your doing hard resets with the node running the USB drive can easily get corrupted. You have to shutdown through the menu and wait until the Apollo is fully shutdown (Red or Blank LED).

Initial time you fire up the node I recommend everyone just boot the Apollo and leave it be overnight...your going to see lots of timeouts/errors on the dashboard and that does not necessarily mean something is wrong. You have to remember we squeezed full node functionally on a device that has the horsepower of a smartphone from a few years ago. The dashboard won't be able to keep up 100% of the time especially during initial load.

I always shut down the miner/node via the dashboard (even before the node update). The miner's hashrate went to 0 (not offline) and the node was offline without me touching anything, it just happened like that. And it was the blockchain that was the problem in the end. I don't know what happened.
surfercool82

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2020, 10:39:31 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2020, 12:26:50 PM by surfercool82
Merited by MoparMiningLLC (1)

Here is my Update...
OIL COOLED

I do not give a guarantee. Immerse in oil, maximum frequency or maximum voltage.
The risk is yours alone.

Futurebit with Fullnode submersed in oil!
https://i.imgur.com/pz8ExTN.jpg
Meine Settings
Custom Mode 858Mhz on max
Hashrate 146 - 151Mh/s
Temp 54 - 69°C depend on FanSpeed to cool the oil.
here is a Dashboard picture. I crop it  Cheesy
https://i.imgur.com/G8IH9r7.jpg

The Power usage from the Wall is 311W. The Miner use around 260Watt

Mode               | EcoMode |  Balance   | Turbo
Hashspeed        |100Mh/S  | 127Mh/s  | 137Mh/s
Hardware Error  | 0,1%      | 0,2%       | 0,5%
Hashboard        | 46°C       |  52°C       | 58°C
MCU Temp         | ---------- ca. 41°C -----------
Fanspeed ca.     | 1400       | 1800       | 2100  
Power Wall        | 120         | 160         | 210

The electricity from solarpanel is stored in batteries for the hole house. Power is for free!
I get from Powerdelivery 0,12€ / kWh so i will make profit  Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin Grin its better to use it.
My earnings are in Custom Mode 0,35 - 0,40$ on Prohashing.com
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 08:07:29 PM

No benefits. No more money for you. Sorry  Grin

Just only support Litecoin network. Sure you do not know what this means... Newbie, first post = troll.

Apollo batch 2 do not need upgrade. Only new software and a fast 64GB USB drive  Grin.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2020, 10:37:24 PM

No benefits. No more money for you. Sorry  Grin

Just only support Litecoin network. Sure you do not know what this means... Newbie, first post = troll.

Apollo batch 2 do not need upgrade. Only new software and a fast 64GB USB drive  Grin.

So if i upgrade my batch 2 unit with new software and plug in the fast 64gb usb drive and reconnect what happens?  Is everything same as normal?  Do i still point the miner in the direction of a pool?   

yes - and it would operate as a node - all a batch 3 is a batch 2 miner that comes with the usb and the upgraded firmware - I also think a better psu?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 09, 2020, 10:51:21 PM

Hello and thank you for the great product you make.  I have just purchased my Batch 3 unit an it is on the way.  Cannot wait.   I currently have batch 2 unit that has not been upgraded.  I have a dumb question but i have to ask because for whatever reason i just do not get it.   Why would i want full node?  What benefits over pool mining?  I guess I just do not understand what it even is.  Flame away!

It’s not a dumb question - it’s a very legit concern!

My node was up and running since day 1 - until this morning!

Your kindness and generosity running node allows LTC to stay alive, secure, and helps keep its price a little higher - a little longer - until those few individuals with free electricity and hundreds more stronger ASIC can cash out! Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: