Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49473 times)
Jelly_Bein

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 01:41:40 PM

Hello everyone I'm not sure if this is appropriate place to put this. But The Holy Roger has set up a pool for LTC 2% fee just my Apollo and his that use it. We welcome all Apollo's to join the pool and hopefully get blocks along the way. I apologize in advanced if this is not proper area to post. mining.theholyroger.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Max1965

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 01:37:53 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2020, 06:28:19 PM by Max1965

Hello!

FutureBit Apollo full node batch 3 owners Smiley

I am getting MCU temperature: 79.01°C is it OK?

Can somebody help me with Futurebit Apollo 200w for batch 3.

On the back of miner we have two by 6 connectors, but power supply has only one  with 6 wires connector.

Which one is to connect left or right?  Undecided

Also power supply has fun inside when it should start ?

Always from On or only when it necessary with certain temperature?    Undecided

Thank you Smiley
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 18, 2020, 10:03:25 PM

I am getting MCU temperature: 79.01°C is it OK?
Well, this is near "maximum normal" temp. Check dont go up. 90º not safe. I prefer to run them about 70º. I use underclocking and easily get temps near 60º.

On the back of miner we have two by 6 connectors, but power supply has only one  with 6 wires connector.
Which one is to connect left or right?  Undecided
Not 100% sure, but I remenber to read that PCIE rigth conector is main conector, left auxiliary conector. Better to plug in right conector. Not a problem anyway.

Also power supply has fun inside when it should start ?
Always from On or only when it necessary with certain temperature?    Undecided
Fun or Fan? ;-). Dont worry about this. Just touch PSU brick. It must be WARM, NOT HOT.
Max1965

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:29:09 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2020, 01:32:11 AM by Max1965

Thank you! Its fan Smiley

Somehow it's working now periodically on and off.

I guess its controlled by KSD 9700 250V 5A 65C sensor Grin

I think it was de-attached from metal surface. Perhaps during shipping.

It was mount using some kind of sticky glue.

Not sure what it is.

oh2oh2

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 20, 2020, 09:52:38 PM

I just got my first FB Apollo  set it all up like it says but no matter what pool i assign it to it just HW errors never starts hashing 

I have tried everything   i have a dozen antminers never had this happen  anyone?
Max1965

View Profile
July 21, 2020, 11:11:38 AM

I just got my first FB Apollo  set it all up like it says but no matter what pool i assign it to it just HW errors never starts hashing 

I have tried everything   i have a dozen antminers never had this happen  anyone?

I recently received  my and I don't have any issues.

My FB is full node package with micro and usb.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Not sure what it is.

Yes the fan in the PSU is controlled by a temp sensor and only comes on periodically. We had some issues with that sensor getting unstuck but most were caught before shipping.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Max1965

View Profile
July 23, 2020, 12:42:19 PM

Not sure what it is.

Yes the fan in the PSU is controlled by a temp sensor and only comes on periodically. We had some issues with that sensor getting unstuck but most were caught before shipping.

Thank you, Whats glue would you recommend to use in case I need it in future?
Fenboy

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2020, 03:34:08 PM

I would like to remote access my 2x Apollo’s. What ports do I need to forward?

Thanks

Can anyone help with this.  Huh

I have forwarded port 80 but get stuck on the setup page, even though the Apollo is working (for months)

Have updated to the latest image and fowarded Ports 80 and 5000 to the Apollo but still no joy logging in remotely (iPhone). It asks for Password but then never loads.

Can anyone help?
waschbecken1394

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2020, 05:47:43 PM

Does running a full node affect the units hash rate?
Also, I have 2 Apollo's. If I decide to go the full node route, should I put a full node on both units?

No it does not, the only effect you might see if a less response Web UI while the node is loading for the first 15-30 minutes after you start it up and while its syncing.

Hello there

upgraded my both Apollo batch 1 to full nodes, running fine so far.
Indeed only one can use the uPnP, the second one gets dismissed, e.g. debug.log of litecoind one second node.
2020-08-02T17:34:30Z AddPortMapping(9333, 9333, xxxx) failed with code 718 (ConflictInMappingEntry)
It's clear because I just have a single internet connection (public IP) on the ip table of the internet modem does not allow duplicate entries for same incoming port 9333.

There I tried to following, routed to port to another internal rasbpi device, installed HAproxy on it and noted both apollos as backend server.
Does not really work. I believe the litecoin client must use the "externalip" command, but this is just a thought.

So if anybody got two apollo full nodes behind a single IP running, I'm pretty thankful?

Many thx
WB
VictorGT

Activity: 748
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 07, 2020, 09:31:43 PM

Also, I have 2 Apollo's. If I decide to go the full node route, should I put a full node on both units?

No it does not, the only effect you might see if a less response Web UI while the node is loading for the first 15-30 minutes after you start it up and while its syncing.

Hello there

Indeed only one can use the uPnP, the second one gets dismissed, e.g. debug.log of litecoind one second node.
2020-08-02T17:34:30Z AddPortMapping(9333, 9333, xxxx) failed with code 718 (ConflictInMappingEntry)
It's clear because I just have a single internet connection (public IP) on the ip table of the internet modem does not allow duplicate entries for same incoming port 9333.

There I tried to following, routed to port to another internal rasbpi device, installed HAproxy on it and noted both apollos as backend server.
Does not really work. I believe the litecoin client must use the "externalip" command, but this is just a thought.

So if anybody got two apollo full nodes behind a single IP running, I'm pretty thankful?

Many thx
WB

This has been already answered a few pages ago. Please search...

OK, more easy for you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg54298707#msg54298707 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg54301554#msg54301554

To have two or more full litecoin nodes using same IP it is not a great idea. Too much trouble, few benefits. Better one node only with one IP.
waschbecken1394

View Profile
August 10, 2020, 09:30:24 AM

Thx for the advice.
yeah, two full nodes are not meaningful, as I experienced too late.
Anyhow, I try to NAT it manually.

Cheers
WB

Hello there

Many thx
WB

This has been already answered a few pages ago. Please search...

OK, more easy for you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg54298707#msg54298707 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5081750.msg54301554#msg54301554

To have two or more full litecoin nodes using same IP it is not a great idea. Too much trouble, few benefits. Better one node only with one IP.
Weekendshooter

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 05:13:58 PM

The post below saved my bacon - Testimony time.....

I retired the other brands ASIC miners and my GPU racks months ago, kept some ML2s chirping away,  and recently happened up the Apollo.....   Sure!    Why not?

The order was "smooth", the packaging sound, the initial bench start up perhaps too easy (?!?!?!), the location into a heat flow friendly spot in the office (very quiet and aesthetically "cool" to look at), I was missing out on chances to learn....    So......   

Proceeded to make on operator error trying to connect to the pool to a point where I "finally" get to learn something - How to download and flash an image onto an SD card.....  Never had done this before and with the notes on this thread, this old dog learned a new trick!    Now I've a backup card and wondering what else I've laying around that I can go flash....

Connecting to the pool with this second worker took some relearning but that's another thread.

Thanks for hearing my testimony, thumbs up on Apollo, thanks to all for leaving instructions and tips on this thread.

Cheers!

Latest Image Download/Instructions

If your Apollo did not come with an micro SD card, you need to update your Apollo to the latest image, or your Apollo is not working properly and/or sd card became corrupted download the latest image here:

Apollo_Node* is the file you need to download (Litecoin.zip is for your USB Node drive).

https://mega.nz/folder/kxhmDQCY#pgaV2igR9IW3hOXHnKoM-A

tjohann

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 01:59:10 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2020, 06:42:38 PM by tjohann

Hey All but mostly jstefanop,

Ive had my Batch 2 for a while now and upgraded to full node a couple months back.

For the past week or two I have experienced repeated crashes where my apollo locks up and has to be powered-off and rebooted.

Node seems to recover alright even though Im not following the shutdown procedure listed in this thread but the whole thing locks up again after an hour or two.

This morning I tried to re-flash my SD but keep getting Windows 10 alerts that the disc image file is corrupted. Ive started from a fresh download 2 or 3 times now.

I continued regardless and flashed the SD with Etcher.io, verify I have removed the USB for full node, boot up my miner, setup, and go.

The Miner will start hashing as verified on litecoin.org but the miner dashboard is failing to load with Error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1497"

Node is up and running and I can access the node dashboard just fine.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if there is anymore information I can provide.

Update 202009111156:
Was able to get past the broken dashboard by flashing another microSD I had laying around. Miner seems to be working as expected, node is working as expected.

Wifi is out though, and looks like unplugging Ethernet and switching to wifi has caused the same crash condition I started with and killed the dashboard with the ""SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1464"
code

Update 202009111439:
Confirmed switching to wifi appears to somehow crash the miner, break the dashboard, and lock up the whole unit. Re-flash and sticking to Ethernet seems to be the temporary fix
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 07:19:24 PM

Ive had my Batch 2 for a while now and upgraded to full node a couple months back.

For the past week or two I have experienced repeated crashes where my apollo locks up and has to be powered-off and rebooted.

Node seems to recover alright even though Im not following the shutdown procedure listed in this thread but the whole thing locks up again after an hour or two.

This morning I tried to re-flash my SD but keep getting Windows 10 alerts that the disc image file is corrupted. Ive started from a fresh download 2 or 3 times now.

I continued regardless and flashed the SD with Etcher.io, verify I have removed the USB for full node, boot up my miner, setup, and go.

The Miner will start hashing as verified on litecoin.org but the miner dashboard is failing to load with Error "SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1497"

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if there is anymore information I can provide.

Update 202009111156:
Was able to get past the broken dashboard by flashing another microSD I had laying around. Miner seems to be working as expected, node is working as expected.

Wifi is out though, and looks like unplugging Ethernet and switching to wifi has caused the same crash condition I started with and killed the dashboard with the ""SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 1464"
code

Update 202009111439:
Confirmed switching to wifi appears to somehow crash the miner, break the dashboard, and lock up the whole unit. Re-flash and sticking to Ethernet seems to be the temporary fix

Few things here:

1) Windows/Mac will always show disk image corrupted after you flash since its flashing a linux system it cant understand

2) Its normal for dashboard to lock up when you first boot when the node is syncing, I could remain this way for hours until the node has finished syncing since the sync takes up almost all CPU cycles and RAM on the controller

3) Setup your miner/wifi first by booting WITHOUT node USB drive. Trying to setup pools/wifi etc while the node is syncing in the background will probably cause the corruption issues you are seeing. Remember to setup wifi, shutdown the miner, then unplug ethernet and reboot. Setting up wifi then unplugging ethernet won't connect you to wifi until you reboot.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
tjohann

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 01:26:36 PM

Update 202009111156:

code

Update 202009111439:

Few things here:

1) Windows/Mac will always show disk image corrupted after you flash since its flashing a linux system it cant understand

2) Its normal for dashboard to lock up when you first boot when the node is syncing, I could remain this way for hours until the node has finished syncing since the sync takes up almost all CPU cycles and RAM on the controller

3) Setup your miner/wifi first by booting WITHOUT node USB drive. Trying to setup pools/wifi etc while the node is syncing in the background will probably cause the corruption issues you are seeing. Remember to setup wifi, shutdown the miner, then unplug ethernet and reboot. Setting up wifi then unplugging ethernet won't connect you to wifi until you reboot.

1) Cool TIL

2) Node is sync'd, Ill play around with it some more tonight to see if having the node running or not impacts the wifi issue

3) I was not shutting down between wifi setup and unplugging Ethernet, is that listed in the support material anywhere?

Is there any kind of logging being generated I can dig through? Looking back at some charts looks like my miner shut down from 8pm and recovered this morning at 9am running on eco.
surfercool82

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 05:36:26 AM

is it possible to ad some sort of timer. So at night the Power Setting is Eco and Turbo on day.
The Power at daytime is for free. so i us Custom Setting 143Mh and around 70°C, 380W.

Thanks a lot ....
THX Dominik
iDisturbia

Activity: 84
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 06:34:48 PM

9+ month, almost 7*24 running 8 Moonlander 2 and 1 Apollo 2nd gen and still not 1 well-deserved full LTC!

LTC price keeps going down down down then up a little and again down down down.

Lots of noise and smoke and no action from LTC developers.

So - I officially shut them all and after almost a month hard work got rid of them at less than 1/2 price!! Not too many fans, I guess.

Considering electricity at around $.10 and difficulty mining, I should’ve known better.

Interesting fact: at litecoinpool I used to be at the very bottom like faster than 16% - recently noticed I got promoted to faster than 26%. A quick look at stats, the number of users were about 3500 something - compare to 5700+.

Good luck to you all and thanks to Futurebit developers, I had fun learning.
devincrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 07:17:32 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2020, 09:15:19 PM by devincrypt

9+ month, almost 7*24 running 8 Moonlander 2 and 1 Apollo 2nd gen and still not 1 well-deserved full LTC!

So - I officially shut them all and after almost a month hard work got rid of them at less than 1/2 price!! Not too many fans, I guess.

Considering electricity at around $.10 and difficulty mining, I should’ve known better.

Interesting fact: at litecoinpool I used to be at the very bottom like faster than 16% - recently noticed I got promoted to faster than 26%. A quick look at stats, the number of users were about 3500 something - compare to 5700+.

Same experience with 5 mooners and 3 Apollos. Dumped LTC mining back in May and redirected to DigiByte. Although not the same value at least I hit about a block a month since May and now have over 3,400 DigiBytes. I also modified the software for the moons (on Linux) which seems to have pepped them up a bit.
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 10:28:05 PM

How did you not mine 1 LTC over 9 months? You should have been averaging about .2 LTC a month over the past year. Either way you backed out at the bottom unfortunately. The whole point of our device is that 100 watts won't burn a hole in your pocket, so just should have kept running it and forgotten about it and came back 2 years from now Wink

Either way thanks for supporting us and glad we were able to bring another person into the crypto fold through our devices. I hope you at least kept your LTC and dont sell it!

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: