Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo LTC Image and Support thread  (Read 49476 times)
ManaMatt

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 08:05:24 AM

Hi there ^^
I'm probably the 26 or 27.. from Tahiti, in the middle of nowhere Cheesy  Grin
I had to open the port manually.
My internet connection is full ahahah (got also few L3+ and S9 running) (1mo/s dowload max - 150/200 ko/s upload max, but it works Cheesy )
Just to tell those who hesitate because it looks complicated, don't hesitate anymore, if a noob like me gets there, it's within everyone's reach!

I have a little question, in few days i'm about to download another node from another project coming in phase 2 ..
wouldn't it be better to have a second connection ?

Happy mining and "nodeing" to everyone,
Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)
i get connected only once.. almost quickly
But then i had to open the port ...(only 8 node)).. And when i opened the port everything get worth after.
Node never launch (only "block index..."), or get almost to start but never do (i waited 12h), HW increase like 4-5% and i can't reboot anything (when i try to stop, it reboot again and again (node too)). (took 5-10 minutes to have the red light)
And when i decided to disable the opened port, same.. can't have the node as i had the first time with only 8 node around.

24h later = Total mess up for me. going back to old version. i'll try later if there's an update with correctives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thomasvk

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 09:12:12 AM

Hello, I've got two questions:

1. My node never reaches 16/16, stuck for a week on 15/16, is this expected?

2. When I check my IP on this site: http://nodes.blakeanderson.ca/networks/litecoin, it says: Error: ('xx.xx.xxx.xxx', 9333) closed connection
While the Apollo dashboard seems to be ok. When I restart my node I get a valid connection again, until it reaches 15/16 again and I get a closed connection again.. Anyone has a clue?
(Port is definitely correctly forwarded in my router settings.)
Jelly_Bein

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 12:31:51 PM

Hello everyone. Just got my APOLLO batch 2 running full node last night. So i followed the directions, but was saying that my usb was not recognized or plugged in not properly when clicking the node dashboard. I click to start it after reboot on dashboard and kept giving me same response. So I simply shutdown the Apollo on the dashboard and when i turned it back on everything was running smoothly on node side. I find it pretty cool there are so few full nodes on LTC and the fact we can mine and be a full node at same time. Im not sure i fully understand the full node side of things for ltc other than decentralization of it. I was curious if there is a Discord group for FutureBit specifically Apollo for us to chat?
mickeykool

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 02:05:05 PM

Seems normal cuz mine been sitting on 10/16 for the last 3 days when i checked. 
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 04:49:03 PM

Seems normal cuz mine been sitting on 10/16 for the last 3 days when i checked. 

Yea connections will rarely fill all 16. As long as your over 8 that means your fine and your node is connecting to the outside world.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 30, 2020, 04:50:20 PM

Hi there ^^
My internet connection is full ahahah (got also few L3+ and S9 running) (1mo/s dowload max - 150/200 ko/s upload max, but it works Cheesy )
Just to tell those who hesitate because it looks complicated, don't hesitate anymore, if a noob like me gets there, it's within everyone's reach!

I have a little question, in few days i'm about to download another node from another project coming in phase 2 ..

Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)
But then i had to open the port ...(only 8 node)).. And when i opened the port everything get worth after.
Node never launch (only "block index..."), or get almost to start but never do (i waited 12h), HW increase like 4-5% and i can't reboot anything (when i try to stop, it reboot again and again (node too)). (took 5-10 minutes to have the red light)
And when i decided to disable the opened port, same.. can't have the node as i had the first time with only 8 node around.

24h later = Total mess up for me. going back to old version. i'll try later if there's an update with correctives.

What USB drive are you using?

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
ManaMatt

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 05:59:50 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2020, 02:10:39 PM by ManaMatt

Hi there ^^

Take care all of you

ok.. not for me anymore..  (it took 2 days and half to download the all files)

What USB drive are you using?

Sorry for the delay :-s
Cause of confinement i had to use a integral USB 3.0 128Go, but it works the first time.. till the message on the dashboard 8/16 " you have to open ... 9333.. "
as i have 4G (vodasurf in Tahiti) and i'm noob in configuring network Cheesy i'd watched on web and youtube how to open forwoard port but i have a b311 huawei.
i made two things "in case of"
I "configure a virtual server to enable external computers to access services provided by LAN" (i copy past what i have on my huawei)
Name       WAN Port      LAN IP Address    LAN          PortProtocol
Futurbit    9333-9333     192.168.8.xxx      9333-9333     TCP/UDP

and in "spécial configuration" i "configure parameters to allow the use of special applications, such as online games, video conferencing, or IP phone over the LAN".
Name     Trigger Protocol   Trigger Port   Open Protocol    Open Port
Futurebit    TCP/UDP           9333           TCP/UDP              9333

we're now "free", i went to store and bought super talent 3.0 express drive 64Go, already in Fat32, i copied past again all in the Litecoin folder created (the first Litecoin.zip y've uploaded on mega {file was lighter})
I plug in, reboot, it seems to work again, but as it was long i went to bed.. and when i came back to see it seems to have crashed again.
i look in the .txt the report .. but it goes far beyond the few skills I have.
And if y copy paste here .. it would take one page ^^'
I replug now, reboot system, it's now rewinding blocks and still 35 in blockchair.. fingers crossed to be the 36

Up/ it took almost one hour to sync the blockchain and i still at 8 and it still ask me to open port, but !! few minutes ago, i saw the number reach to 9 ! and the red line go to green..
May be it's in the right way... and i have to wait a little; i'll update if any changes.
if i'm pretty sure it's cause of the box (4G) ...

up2/ or my internet service provider whom block port, fortunately a mate work there! i've just asked him, he will ask by his side.

peetee

Activity: 19
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 11:22:13 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded both of my Apollos (a batch 1 and a batch 2) to the new firmware, replaced MCU on the batch 1, etc. They're both on different networks, and the batch 2 appears to be humming along nicely.

The batch 1 is having a few issues.

1. The MCU temp seems pretty high. It's at about 81C. Is this a concern?
2. My ssh connection to the node is very unstable. It appears as though this may be related to memory(?) since the connection doesn't have as many issues during startup/shutdown. But during steady state my ssh connections either hang and never authenticate, or I authenticate and get disconnected shortly thereafter. Perhaps it's due to litecoind performing its initial synchronization to the blockchain and this will fix itself once it's caught up. I'll keep an eye on it. The web UI doesn't appear to be affected negatively and the Apollo is mining succesfully, so this is an annoyance but not necessarily a problem.
3. I'm not getting any inbound connections to my node.

Regarding the last point: my network is... different. I have the node sitting behind an edge router that ultimately breaks out into two load balanced WAN connections. How does litecoind know which public IP address to advertise to the world for getting inbound connections? Is it using some kind of STUN technique? I've coerced all outbound connections using TCP/9333 out of one specific WAN interface, but I'm not seeing anything come inbound. While my routers don't support UPnP (and even if they did I'd have disabled it ;-) I have confirmed that my port forwarding rules work fine.

Any tips on how to make sure the world sees the correct WAN IP are appreciated!
peetee

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 11:29:29 AM

Hm, thinking about this some more... is having my node be fully synchronized to the blockchain a precondition for getting inbound connections? It's not quite there yet. Maybe I'm just impatient!
peetee

View Profile
May 02, 2020, 12:25:50 PM

Hm, thinking about this some more... is having my node be fully synchronized to the blockchain a precondition for getting inbound connections? It's not quite there yet. Maybe I'm just impatient!

Sure enough, once it got within about 500 blocks of the head of the chain I started to see inbound connections. Another Apollo node checking in!!
estacionsj

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 03:15:04 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2020, 04:14:02 AM by estacionsj

So today i final got my node package from futurbit, i put in the micro sd card, put in all my info set it up and started mining, waited 2 hours to make sure it all worked fine.so after that i plugged in the usb in the back of the Apollo, reset the Apollo from the dash board .Now 15 minutes past and i look at the node dash board an i get this error
There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

what did i do wrong or how can i fix it, i thought buy buying the kit it would be all nice and good.....Sad
ManaMatt

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 04:26:53 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2020, 05:26:36 AM by ManaMatt

So today i final got my node package from futurbit, i put in the micro sd card, put in all my info set it up and started mining, waited 2 hours to make sure it all worked fine.so after that i plugged in the usb in the back of the Apollo, reset the Apollo from the dash board .Now 15 minutes past and i look at the node dash board an i get this error
There is a problem fetching system stats (Invalid params, response status code: 500)

what did i do wrong or how can i fix it, i thought buy buying the kit it would be all nice and good.....Sad

I also had this bug, refresh your page to "root menu" (the basic ip of your Apollo) and go back to the node, or just be patient, it'll refresh alone (it could take several minutes). and after that, you have to sync the blocks, it could take also long time sometimes.
But basically, even if it take times (it's not an Asus with i9 and 64Go Ram Cheesy)  Apollo will do the job. If you have this bug, it's that you're not too far to reach the end ;-)
estacionsj

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 05:02:50 AM

I also had this bug, refresh your page to "root menu" (the basic ip of your Apollo) and go back to the node, or just be patient, it'll refresh alone (it could take several minutes). you have to sync the blocks, it could take long time sometimes.
But basically, even if it take times (it's no an Asus with i9 and 64Go Ram Cheesy)  Apollo will do the job. If you have this bug, it's that you're not too far to reach the end ;-)

okay, thanks
i will wait going to sleep and see how it goes in the morning
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2201

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2020, 06:22:56 AM

I also had this bug, refresh your page to "root menu" (the basic ip of your Apollo) and go back to the node, or just be patient, it'll refresh alone (it could take several minutes). you have to sync the blocks, it could take long time sometimes.
But basically, even if it take times (it's no an Asus with i9 and 64Go Ram Cheesy)  Apollo will do the job. If you have this bug, it's that you're not too far to reach the end ;-)

okay, thanks
i will wait going to sleep and see how it goes in the morning

i had this as well - you after you put in the usb - do not just restart it on the dashboard - turn the Apollo off and then turn it on the miner needs to power up with the usb in it. do not start the node from the dashboard unless you stopped it via dashboard - if you power cycle the miner the node should start. it might be unresponsive for a few after powering up but it should be fine.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
estacionsj

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 04:09:58 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2020, 04:21:45 PM by estacionsj

im a total newb, anyone has advice or a video on how to open port 9333. I have a Apple Airport Xtreme router, here is some pictures of setting
what do i have to change to make it work
thanks

Jota_US

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 09:50:03 PM

So this morning the miner went to 0 hashrate (but still on) and the node offline.
I restarted everything and the miner is now mining but the node is not coming back up. I get the "node starting" screen but after 20 minutes it goes to the "node offline" screen.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2020, 11:10:25 PM

im a total newb, anyone has advice or a video on how to open port 9333. I have a Apple Airport Xtreme router, here is some pictures of setting
thanks

I do not know mac's very well but I would assume it has more to do with your router - you need to log into the router - I have never used the router in question so I am not able to verify if this is 100% correct but here is a site I found that states it walks thru how to do a port forward with your router

https://portforward.com/apple/airport-extreme/

So this morning the miner went to 0 hashrate (but still on) and the node offline.
I restarted everything and the miner is now mining but the node is not coming back up. I get the "node starting" screen but after 20 minutes it goes to the "node offline" screen.

when you restarted everything - did you open a new browser window? if not, try that.

did you start the node via the webpage gui? if so, try this - turn off Apollo at the psu - restart it and then open a new browser window/tab and see if that helps - the node should start itself when you power cycle the miner. I had the problem where I was not aware of this and I was trying to start the node via the web gui and that was wrong.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
estacionsj

View Profile
May 03, 2020, 11:59:09 PM

Thanks for the info will try it out when I get home and get a chance

thanks

I do not know mac's very well but I would assume it has more to do with your router - you need to log into the router - I have never used the router in question so I am not able to verify if this is 100% correct but here is a site I found that states it walks thru how to do a port forward with your router

when you restarted everything - did you open a new browser window? if not, try that.

did you start the node via the webpage gui? if so, try this - turn off Apollo at the psu - restart it and then open a new browser window/tab and see if that helps - the node should start itself when you power cycle the miner. I had the problem where I was not aware of this and I was trying to start the node via the web gui and that was wrong.
Jota_US

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 04, 2020, 12:15:15 AM

thanks

Yes, when I restarted I do it a the psu level.
I did it a second time even, turned the miner off in the dashboard (node already off). Then when the LED is red flip the switch off and on but same problem. The miner goes on as normal, the node is in the "starting node" screen and then after a while goes to "node off"
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2020, 12:17:50 AM

thanks

Yes, when I restarted I do it a the psu level.
I did it a second time even, turned the miner off in the dashboard (node already off). Then when the LED is red flip the switch off and on but same problem. The miner goes on as normal, the node is in the "starting node" screen and then after a while goes to "node off"

are you closing the browser window and opening a new one? I think that has to be done too.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: