Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:27:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 07:20:27 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 07:49:36 PM by deisik

Yes my friend also said like you, he said if gold is an old investment. It is true, in the modern era, bitcoin is a new and best investment. For long-term or short-term bitcoin investments it is an ideal choice because of the fluctuating bitcoin prices and rising prices will be able to make a profit. But there are still many people asking whether bitcoin is worth investing for more than 5 years because it is so volatile that fear of sudden prices could fall, but I believe bitcoin will continue to grow and fluctuations tend to rise. This is proven when the price drops not long the price recovers and rises again

I'm not sure if Bitcoin is the best investment out there presently

Especially for long term investments since these investments don't need the exponential growth which is not based on real progress or adoption but purely on relentless hype and runaway speculation. Such growth is likely to end up with an implosive collapse one day, which renders the whole idea of long term investments futile and fruitless. On the flip side, though, I agree in general that for short term speculations (let's call a spade a spade here), Bitcoin is one of the top-notch ("state of the art", as it were) tools freely available to everyone with a fiver in his pocket

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NLGer

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:13:36 AM

Yes my friend also said like you, he said if gold is an old investment. It is true, in the modern era, bitcoin is a new and best investment. For long-term or short-term bitcoin investments it is an ideal choice because of the fluctuating bitcoin prices and rising prices will be able to make a profit. But there are still many people asking whether bitcoin is worth investing for more than 5 years because it is so volatile that fear of sudden prices could fall, but I believe bitcoin will continue to grow and fluctuations tend to rise. This is proven when the price drops not long the price recovers and rises again

Especially for long term investments since these investments don't need the exponential growth which is not based on real progress or adoption but purely on relentless hype and runaway speculation. Such growth is likely to turn into explosive collapse one day, which renders the whole idea of long term investments futile and fruitless. On the flip side, though, I agree in general that for short term speculations (let's call a spade a spade here), Bitcoin is one of the top-notch ("state of the art", as it were) tools freely available to everyone with a fiver in his pocket

Maybe not the best investment but THE best investment!

███████████████████████████████
          AmsterdamCoin     |                          Join us now 
█████████        x x x     .    ████████          AmsterdamCoin     |             █████████     x x x     ████████
███████████████████████████████          AmsterdamCoin     |       Masternodes- Encrypted messages - TOR   
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:21:50 AM

Especially for long term investments since these investments don't need the exponential growth which is not based on real progress or adoption but purely on relentless hype and runaway speculation. Such growth is likely to turn into explosive collapse one day, which renders the whole idea of long term investments futile and fruitless. On the flip side, though, I agree in general that for short term speculations (let's call a spade a spade here), Bitcoin is one of the top-notch ("state of the art", as it were) tools freely available to everyone with a fiver in his pocket

well gold has a physical form and doesn't rely on electronic and digital aspect so it would be safe to say that gold is a bit safer than btc in case anything happens. but at the moment, bitcoin is proving to be a well worth it investment in itself with a price that niw exceeds gold. take away all the liabilities of relying on modern technology and btc would beat gold but that's unlikely to happen

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

well gold has a physical form and doesn't rely on electronic and digital aspect so it would be safe to say that gold is a bit safer than btc in case anything happens. but at the moment, bitcoin is proving to be a well worth it investment in itself with a price that niw exceeds gold. take away all the liabilities of relying on modern technology and btc would beat gold but that's unlikely to happen

The best thing to do then if you are torn between gold and bitcoin is to might as well invest to both. You dont necessary invest in stocks and buy gold, you can just simply buy gold jewelry items that are being auctioned.
AndreXavier

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:01:30 PM

I think gold is better, because of low volatile price .
fujyo86

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:52:38 PM

Indeed, for decades of investment, gold is the best investment choice. However, if we want to find more profit then bitcoin we can choose as a trading instrument.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:00:03 PM

Indeed, for decades of investment, gold is the best investment choice. However, if we want to find more profit then bitcoin we can choose as a trading instrument.

Gold is still in great demand for investors as the best investment instrument. Even my grandfather still has gold since he was a child.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 07:59:00 PM

Technically speaking, gold per se can hardly be considered as an investment

Investing assumes gaining profits over time, while gold doesn't fit quite well into this scheme. It is rather an instrument of storing or preserving value and wealth (so-called a store of value of last resort), not an asset which allows you to earn profits over long term (unlike, for example, the US Treasury bonds). This has nothing to do with short term speculations, though, in which gold can be used successfully, for example, with gold futures and options (if you know what you are doing, of course), but such speculations cannot be called investments either, at least, not in the proper sense of the word

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:03:28 PM

Especially for long term investments since these investments don't need the exponential growth which is not based on real progress or adoption but purely on relentless hype and runaway speculation. Such growth is likely to end up with an implosive collapse one day, which renders the whole idea of long term investments futile and fruitless. On the flip side, though, I agree in general that for short term speculations (let's call a spade a spade here), Bitcoin is one of the top-notch ("state of the art", as it were) tools freely available to everyone with a fiver in his pocket

If you're not sure if Bitcoin is the best investment out there, then what are the other things that according to you are close competitors in terms of investment options? I seriously can't mention even one thing that comes close to what growth Bitcoin has gone through since its existence. Another thing -- what time frame do you consider to be short term, and what long term?
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 08:18:58 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 06:19:30 AM by deisik

If you're not sure if Bitcoin is the best investment out there, then what are the other things that according to you are close competitors in terms of investment options? I seriously can't mention even one thing that comes close to what growth Bitcoin has gone through since its existence. Another thing -- what time frame do you consider to be short term, and what long term?

Honestly, I don't know about any asset which could be safely considered as a long term investment

Apart from investments in your own business, of course, but this is certainly not what you wanted to hear. Nevertheless, if you still want to hear my opinion in respect to purely financial investments (which seems to be your point), I think that the US dollar as well as the US treasuries, especially so called TIPS (Treasury inflation-protected securities) are the best match if we are talking about terms over one year (and considerably longer terms), and still more so if you live on some other currency ("bad" money). That would cut as a long term for me. Regarding Bitcoin, more specifically, it is a short term investment, anyway (if it can be called that at all). In other words, you buy, ride the wave and sell, then wash, rinse, repeat. But this is pure speculation, not investment, strictly speaking, and each cycle may take from days to weeks, or months, at most. But you know that as good as myself

ipungadhi

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:41:44 PM

Bitcoin rose from $200 per coin to $1,800 per coin (current exchange rates) in almost 12-months time. Gold will never give this much returns. But my opinion may change once a correction occurs with Bitcoin.
i agree with you and i am also in the favor of bitcoin because bitcoin give me a good profit nowadays the price of bitcoin increasing too much fast and gold is too much stable value and gold increasing it value too much slow and we can not get a big profit from gold quickly.
bitcoin is the modern and stronger currency and young generation is very interested to using bitcoin because and just bitcoin can increase our money and gold is a metal we can not compare gold with bitcoin because both are too much different from each other.
For in terms of investment I think, bitcoin is superior because many people get bigger and faster profits when using bitcoin for their investment

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:20:56 PM

Bitcoin rose from $200 per coin to $1,800 per coin (current exchange rates) in almost 12-months time. Gold will never give this much returns. But my opinion may change once a correction occurs with Bitcoin.
i agree with you and i am also in the favor of bitcoin because bitcoin give me a good profit nowadays the price of bitcoin increasing too much fast and gold is too much stable value and gold increasing it value too much slow and we can not get a big profit from gold quickly.
bitcoin is the modern and stronger currency and young generation is very interested to using bitcoin because and just bitcoin can increase our money and gold is a metal we can not compare gold with bitcoin because both are too much different from each other.
I think we can still compare it from the investment thing Bitcoin has a high potential as a profitable investment let alone users continue to arrive But gold I think is still running on the road
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:36:56 PM

I think we can still compare it from the investment thing Bitcoin has a high potential as a profitable investment let alone users continue to arrive But gold I think is still running on the road
Bitcoin is a great growth investment tool, and gold is a great wealth preservation tool. The biggest difference that I see between gold and Bitcoin is that gold is something that can be used for a lot more applications than Bitcoin can, although it loses out on some of the ease of use, while Bitcoin is pretty much stuck with what it is and can't be used for a whole lot more. Each has their niche.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:31:30 AM

for current situation we should select gold for next 10 year, because we dont know when government will BAN cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin and gold is not going to ban for use so i would prefer gold for now will think after 10 year about bitcoin  Grin
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:51:37 AM

When i were a child i had earned gold as gift, nowadays i dont have money to buy neither bitcoin but i cant walk in street with gold, that can be stolen anytime, with bitcoin i can walk in the street and no one will know i do own them. Besides those i can earn small parts of bitcoins online, something i cant get with gold.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:41:45 AM

When i were a child i had earned gold as gift, nowadays i dont have money to buy neither bitcoin but i cant walk in street with gold, that can be stolen anytime, with bitcoin i can walk in the street and no one will know i do own them. Besides those i can earn small parts of bitcoins online, something i cant get with gold.

These are not the reasons to invest money in any of the products. Because your Bitcoins also can be hacked and you can lose those bitcoins. We should know how to keep our products safely. But to invest our money should looks which product is more growth in the feature to give us more profit. I think both of them are good to invest. But BTC prices are more dynamic, so we can make quick profit and gold will give slow and study income over the time.
asriloni
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1024

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:52:26 AM

for current situation we should select gold for next 10 year, because we dont know when government will BAN cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin and gold is not going to ban for use so i would prefer gold for now will think after 10 year about bitcoin  Grin
Gold is a good long-term investment, For decades investment I will choose gold as my investment, but this time all of the activities already used technology which has very useful for our life. Bitcoin offering a lot of advantages rather than gold. Basically bitcoin and gold is different.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
the rise

Activity: 2184
Merit: 273

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 01:29:14 PM

What we need to know is when the government legalizes bitcoin, not vice versa because the current price trend is a benchmark of the increased users volume. In this case gold has lagged far lower than bitcoin, so we should think smartly to divide a clear percentage of the investment on these two assets. I suggest to multiply bitcoin or it will be far behind by other planes in the future.

Sungoku

Activity: 462
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:38:37 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
haps the most obvious difference between Gold and bitcoin is this: Gold is physical and bitcoin is digital. Yet the distinctions between the two run much deeper.

Gold is a Precious Metal used by mankind as a medium of exchange for millennia. It is also useful in technology and manufacturing, and is appreciated for its beauty in the form of jewelry, art and keepsakes. Gold is widely regarded as a sound long-term investment and a hedge against market volatility.

Bitcoin, on the other hand, is a coded, crowdsourced currency that did not exist until 2009.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:18:43 PM

That is right, there are a lot of differences between gold and bitcoin, gold may have a good price and also stable price, but it is hard to earn them, they must be mined so we can get one, unless we rob or given a gold, we must mine so we can get one. But we can say that, the gold of internet is bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: