Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984412 times)
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:15:25 PM

I just want both, because value of gold was stable and their market value were increasing when time come past. Like bitcoin, when time come past their value were increasing and I'm pretty sure that in the future their value will become expensive.
i think bitcoin is much more profitable than gold we know that gold price is very much stable and its impossible to get a high profit from gold so i do not consider that gold is the best way to make profit , if someone want to make a huge amount of profit then they should join the bitcoin Trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:18:25 PM

I'm curious where you got that idea from

You can sell your bitcoins within a few seconds and withdraw proceeds likely as fast, though this depends which currency you withdraw to and a specific exchange where you sell your coins at. This is certainly not the case with gold. If you want to sell your gold really fast, you will have to sell it at an insane discount. If you have vaults of gold filled to the ceiling, selling it at market prices may give you a lot of pain in the ass and take weeks if not months. Now ask yourself whether gold is really more liquid than Bitcoin

Gold is easy to cash out.  I walked in to bullion dealer, stuck £50k worth on the desk and money was in my account same day.

Bitcoin exchanges require I.D for any decent volume which takes time too.

Having vaults filled with gold doesnt really apply to 99.99999% of the worlds population.  A £32k gold bar is the size of a smart phone.
Vikingr

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 08:20:20 PM

I' do both, but take bitcoin over gold simply because I'm a pyschic and I see that in 10 years, Bitcoin would be worth 100million each.

Yes I think that bitcoin price would be going to increase after more than 5 years. But I believe that bitcoin and gold are almost the same with each other so I think bitcoin and gold are good to have.
I do not think that bitcoin and gold are almost the same but there is a great difference between bitcoin and gold. Bitcoin is a more beneficial and profitable asset than gold. With bitcoin investment a smaller investor can become rich while in gold smaller investors cannot invest and the bigger investors will need to wait for dozens of years to earn some profit.
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 09:06:16 PM

You can sell your bitcoins within a few seconds and withdraw proceeds likely as fast, though this depends which currency you withdraw to and a specific exchange where you sell your coins at. This is certainly not the case with gold. If you want to sell your gold really fast, you will have to sell it at an insane discount. If you have vaults of gold filled to the ceiling, selling it at market prices may give you a lot of pain in the ass and take weeks if not months. Now ask yourself whether gold is really more liquid than Bitcoin

Gold is easy to cash out.  I walked in to bullion dealer, stuck £50k worth on the desk and money was in my account same day.

Having vaults filled with gold doesnt really apply to 99.99999% of the worlds population.  A £32k gold bar is the size of a smart phone.
Bitcoin exchange require ID but that is only for one time which is the rule of exchanges after that you will exchange your bitcoin to fiat without any delay within a second without going to any place but from your home while for gold you will need to go to the gold seller each time and that is also a type of showing your identity.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:25:10 PM

Everyone will say that bitcoin is better than gold, but I think not because gold is the investment that has been around since thousands of years ago, even before the money gold already used and preferred.
It's because that says it's a bitcoin user himself. You'll find a different answer when you ask the gold investor lol
Most importantly both are equally profitable

MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 10:28:40 PM

Everyone will say that bitcoin is better than gold, but I think not because gold is the investment that has been around since thousands of years ago, even before the money gold already used and preferred.
It's because that says it's a bitcoin user himself. You'll find a different answer when you ask the gold investor lol
Most importantly both are equally profitable
Both are far from being equally profitable. Both have their own niche but at different points there is definitely one that completely dwarfs the other in terms of profitability.
For example, Bitcoin, assuming you are holding it during pumps, returns a lot more than gold does on the same time frame. Over long periods of time, gold typically has a better trend, but that's never really something that is guaranteed because Bitcoin is still new.
Niches are the essence of the gold v. bitcoin debate.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:39:02 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 12:47:23 AM by Gameroid

Both for definite, the thing is, both have their plus and minus points, in this day and age Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are far more practical but if the world does end you'll still want to have gold and silver on hand just in case, it's also a lot easier to store crypto's for the long run.

Yes bitcoin and gold is good to have. I believe that its just a matter of its uses. They have their own advantages and disadvantages. And I agree that right now is a age of bitcoin so many users says that its better than gold. But if it fades away or disappear one day they may realized that gold is still better than it.
yes that is right that both gold and bitcoin have their importance in our life. Gold is surviving for long long time and people are using it as  for saving, investment and for jewelllery purposes. people are more confident about investment in Gold but they also realize they gold cannot give them a good amount of money in short period, on other side most of the people are feeling hesitation to invest money in bitcoin because of its price fluctuation and having new currency. but still now people are investing more money in bitcoin because of the possibilities of making money in short period of time.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:11:16 AM

Both for definite, the thing is, both have their plus and minus points, in this day and age Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are far more practical but if the world does end you'll still want to have gold and silver on hand just in case, it's also a lot easier to store crypto's for the long run.

Yes bitcoin and gold is good to have. I believe that its just a matter of its uses. They have their own advantages and disadvantages. And I agree that right now is a age of bitcoin so many users says that its better than gold. But if it fades away or disappear one day they may realized that gold is still better than it.
yes that is right that both gold and bitcoin have their importance in our life. Gold is surviving for long long time and people are using it as  for saving, investment and for jewelllery purposes.

I take it this way, gold will be my physical investment in the form of jewelry - I keep them on my jewelry box (ironically, I don't wear them, I just don't like wearing them Smiley ) I only keep them reserve to be pawn or sell them when the price of gold is high. I don't invest in gold share, I own them. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is my virtual investment. I am only every single day so I have more time working on accumulating bitcoins versus gold.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:30:19 AM

Is fluctuating bitcoin suitable for future investment? Because I think the time when the price can go down drastically and rise very quickly. Is it suitable?
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 12:37:42 AM

Is fluctuating bitcoin suitable for future investment? Because I think the time when the price can go down drastically and rise very quickly. Is it suitable?

If you are a trader, it is. You just need to keep your guard always. My new strategy right now is doing day trade with bitcoin against other altcoins, I have multiple trades every single day butI don't use all of my bitcoins to it, I guarded half of my bitcoins. When I have successful trades over total period of the week, half of the profit I encash it for fiat money and the half will be added to my trading bankroll.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:09:16 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2017, 07:12:47 PM by deisik

Gold is easy to cash out.  I walked in to bullion dealer, stuck £50k worth on the desk and money was in my account same day.

Having vaults filled with gold doesnt really apply to 99.99999% of the worlds population.  A £32k gold bar is the size of a smart phone.

We seem to have already discussed this issue

If you live next door to your dealer (or bank which sells as well as buys gold), this won't be an issue. But you can't possibly say that there are many gold dealers in every hole out there, and thus you can't claim either that gold is easy or easier to cash out in general. It may be easy just for you. In any case, Internet coverage is a lot wider than the network of gold dealers. Regarding cashing out significant amounts of bitcoins, you can verify your account beforehand, and you somehow forget to mention about issues involving selling piles of gold. With Bitcoin, you don't need to walk anywhere, you cash out right at your desktop

PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:23:40 PM

Gold is easy to cash out.  I walked in to bullion dealer, stuck £50k worth on the desk and money was in my account same day.

Having vaults filled with gold doesnt really apply to 99.99999% of the worlds population.  A £32k gold bar is the size of a smart phone.

If you live next door to your dealer (or bank which sells as well as buys gold), this won't be an issue. But you can't possibly say that there are many gold dealers in every hole out there, and thus you can't claim either that gold is easy or easier to cash out in general. It may be easy just for you. In any case, Internet coverage is a lot wider than the network of gold dealers. Regarding cashing out significant amounts of bitcoins, you can verify your account beforehand, and you somehow forget to mention about issues involving cashing out a lot of gold. With Bitcoin you don't need to walk anywhere, you cash out right at your desktop
It seems to me that both Bitcoin and gold have their advantages. You can not give up gold, just because Bitcoin has ease of circulation. You want this ease is purely nominal, because only people who know what it is and who has an education in this sphere can use crypto currency. Unlike Bitcoin, gold needs understanding and knowledge.
btcking23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:30:45 PM

Bitcoin is better than gold, bitcoin has so many advantages than gold,, bitcoin can double its value by itself unlike gold the government can manipulate the price of it just by doing hoarding a lot of gold, because all of the gold that were find in some country it is belong to the government unlike bitcoin it is decentralized.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:37:37 PM

Bitcoin is better than gold, bitcoin has so many advantages than gold,, bitcoin can double its value by itself unlike gold the government can manipulate the price of it just by doing hoarding a lot of gold, because all of the gold that were find in some country it is belong to the government unlike bitcoin it is decentralized.
I would prefer to have Gold instead of Bitcoin because Bitcoin can have no value in a matter of seconds and Gold would be really tough to achieve something like that since there's a bunch of people using it for stuff.

I would want to purchase Gold instead of Bitcoin anyday.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
3la9l_kolbaCa

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:21:02 PM

For me bitcoin is better than the other choices bitcoin has something that gold can't have,,, bitcoin also doubling its own value in just a year based on what happening right now also bitcoin is decentralized unlike gold that government hold.
Michhotdog

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:25:09 PM

For me bitcoin is better than the other choices bitcoin has something that gold can't have,,, bitcoin also doubling its own value in just a year based on what happening right now also bitcoin is decentralized unlike gold that government hold.
In my opinion, each currency has its place and has its time. Therefore, both Bitcoin and gold are very relevant for different ways of using and using them. Therefore, it is better to call what is better. I would not become worse.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:12:05 PM

If you live next door to your dealer (or bank which sells as well as buys gold), this won't be an issue. But you can't possibly say that there are many gold dealers in every hole out there, and thus you can't claim either that gold is easy or easier to cash out in general. It may be easy just for you. In any case, Internet coverage is a lot wider than the network of gold dealers. Regarding cashing out significant amounts of bitcoins, you can verify your account beforehand, and you somehow forget to mention about issues involving cashing out a lot of gold. With Bitcoin you don't need to walk anywhere, you cash out right at your desktop
It seems to me that both Bitcoin and gold have their advantages. You can not give up gold, just because Bitcoin has ease of circulation. You want this ease is purely nominal, because only people who know what it is and who has an education in this sphere can use crypto currency. Unlike Bitcoin, gold needs understanding and knowledge.

Honestly, I didn't quite understand what you meant to say

quite naturally, Bitcoin and gold are very different assets, so the very comparison of how fast you can get rid of them is not quite legitimate or meaningful. People buy gold bullion when they are already rich (by most standards), that means that are in no hurry to sell it. In fact, in the majority of cases, they are not going to sell it all unless some real shit massively hits the global fan. On the other hand, Bitcoin (as well as altcoins, for that matter) is there mostly for speculation, i.e. it is assumed to be bought and sold, then rinse, repeat

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:15:55 PM

A few year back, gold prices also underwent more than 100% annual increases. So you can't say that only Bitcoin is doubling its value. And how much gold is being held by the governments. I really doubt whether the amount is higher than 20% of all the available gold. For comparison, a large part of Bitcoins are being held by a few hundred individuals, many of whom are early adopters.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:32:40 PM

A few year back, gold prices also underwent more than 100% annual increases. So you can't say that only Bitcoin is doubling its value. And how much gold is being held by the governments. I really doubt whether the amount is higher than 20% of all the available gold. For comparison, a large part of Bitcoins are being held by a few hundred individuals, many of whom are early adopters

As always, the devil is in the detail

The time frame you refer to (circa 2011) when gold rose like mad was when the Fed had been running their quantitative easing sessions, and money they had been printing in insane amounts mostly went to derivative markets including those of gold (gold futures and options, more specifically). In other words, it was not gold rising in value on its own but rather the US dollar heavily depreciating. Unsurprisingly, when the Fed called it a day finally, the dollar renewed itself and gold massively corrected soon thereafter

slaz26

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:47:28 PM

In my opinion, each currency has its place and has its time. Therefore, both Bitcoin and gold are very relevant for different ways of using and using them. Therefore, it is better to call what is better. I would not become worse.

You are right. Now the currency is in the trend. And many will say that bitcoin is better than gold. But gold is also of great value and has been invested heavily in it.

Pages: « 1 ... 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 [405] 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: