Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:29:14 AM

I would pick bitcoin, and I know that I am gambling over it. But I have high expectation that bitcoin will keep on growing. I have a vision that I will be richer thanks to bitcoin.
no doubt it will be a right choice bitcoin is much better than gold. Bitcoin has high market price and still it’s going more and more up but gold is not that secure in price and investment there will be 50% chance for profit but in bitcoin you will earn no doubt , the price increase every day . 
We can easily say that bitcoin is much better than gold because we see the great progress of bitcoin and lots of people are getting rich because of bitcoin. But in security of your investment i would go to gold because you have a physical thing to hold.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:12:45 AM

I would pick bitcoin, and I know that I am gambling over it. But I have high expectation that bitcoin will keep on growing. I have a vision that I will be richer thanks to bitcoin.
no doubt it will be a right choice bitcoin is much better than gold. Bitcoin has high market price and still it’s going more and more up but gold is not that secure in price and investment there will be 50% chance for profit but in bitcoin you will earn no doubt , the price increase every day . 
We can easily say that bitcoin is much better than gold because we see the great progress of bitcoin and lots of people are getting rich because of bitcoin. But in security of your investment i would go to gold because you have a physical thing to hold.

That is right, gold seems more secure compared to bitcoin. But we can not discount the fact that there is big money to make with bitcoins and for me, it is more wiser to invest to both bitcoin and gold. The latter is for long term while the former is for short term gains.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:32:20 AM

It depends on what you need, gold is the best store of value that we have at the moment, bitcoin on the other hand is the better investment, if you are already happy with your wealth then buy gold, if you want to multiply your investment then the best option is bitcoin.
8Habits

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:38:07 AM

It depends on what you need, gold is the best store of value that we have at the moment, bitcoin on the other hand is the better investment, if you are already happy with your wealth then buy gold, if you want to multiply your investment then the best option is bitcoin.

You are correct that there is really a potential of doubling our money with bitcoin and that is good advice to do if you really want to go for short and fast gain - but this not mean that there is no risk being involved here, we are not certain where the price of bitcoin will head to. That is why, we shall diversify our investment so that we have fall back in the event something bad will happen.
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 05:02:46 AM

You're right, sometimes people have different businesses, and that also includes one. If you're great at using bitcoin, maybe choosing a bitcoin is the right choice, and so is gold. Well, I think gold and bitcoin also have the same opportunities in the business world.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

8Habits

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 06:04:42 AM

You're right, sometimes people have different businesses, and that also includes one. If you're great at using bitcoin, maybe choosing a bitcoin is the right choice, and so is gold. Well, I think gold and bitcoin also have the same opportunities in the business world.

Bitcoin and gold is both a good investment that we can take. The former is quite agrresive in terms of profitability while the latter is consistent and secure. I have a hosting business that cater with my clients and I am acceptin bitcoins as one of their ways of paying for my service.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:41:57 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2017, 08:33:22 AM by deisik

I dont see any reason for gold, its shiny but useless to the average person. Bitcoin on the other hand serves a real purpose and its a great investment.

To expound the ideas you are saying here, think choosing gold as an investment is not good for these days because it's value could not defeat bitcoin. Having that kind of precious material will not put you into safer side of life andnit may threaten your life due to it's visible to criminals who might rob you while wearing that kind of jewelry. Those crimimals will hunt your wealth like Gold and will definitely put a bad interests for you; knowing that will be sold expensive price. If we compare it with bitcoin, although it's volatile but if you have plenty of that you will remain anonymous and not visible to physical world of money

But it is essentially the same with Bitcoin as well

Personally, I tend to think that your words are in fact and practice even truer with respect to Bitcoin rather than gold. As a rule, gold investors are conservative ones, and they are unlikely to show off their wealth and kinda prefer to lead a low profile life, therefore criminals may have difficulties tracking down these gold owners. Apart from that, possession of gold is rumored to be well correlated with the possession of guns, so "come and take it". On the other hand, the Bitcoin nouveaux riches are likely to be trying to impress their neighbors with their new wealth that would certainly instigate a lot of interest from the criminals of all kinds and colors

I don't think that the Bitcoin millionaires like to show off any more than their Gold counterparts. I have been a member of this forum for a while, and I have never seen a BTC millionaire bragging about his BTC holdings. People don't even reveal how much coins they own

And that's the right thing

That they don't reveal how many coins they have. As the saying goes, money loves silence while big money loves grave silence. And people are very envious overall (you can even see it here, at bitcointalk, now and then, here and there), and if their neighbor all of a sudden jumps from zero to hero, so to speak, they will feel sincerely offended. But there are enough folks who feel particular pleasure in making all these envious people feel even more miserable by deliberately showing off their new wealth. You can be pretty sure that among Bitcoin nouveaux riches the percentage of such people is higher than between gold bugs. In other words, new money always loves to show off in general

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 08:57:06 AM

Bitcoin and gold is both a good investment that we can take. The former is quite agrresive in terms of profitability while the latter is consistent and secure. I have a hosting business that cater with my clients and I am acceptin bitcoins as one of their ways of paying for my service.
That is great because you are using bitcoin and also accepting it as a payment for your service. It is also a good way to promote bitcoin for usage because some of your customers might not know what is bitcoin so they will got curious and a lot of questions will pop up in their minds and that when the learning will began and it will become a new birth of bitcoin user.
8Habits

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 12:43:52 PM

That is great because you are using bitcoin and also accepting it as a payment for your service. It is also a good way to promote bitcoin for usage because some of your customers might not know what is bitcoin so they will got curious and a lot of questions will pop up in their minds and that when the learning will began and it will become a new birth of bitcoin user.

You are correct Sled. Although I only have one client that pays me with bitcoin and the rest with fiat money. But I am setting this payment method because I am really confident that one of these days, bitcoin will massively be used for onine financial transactions.
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:41:11 PM

I will choose both, 60% invest to Bitcoin and Altcoin for long-term, 40% invest to Gold and see it as a saving money long-term, maybe come to end of life Grin
The reason I use more money to invest cryptocurrency because it have more potential now and can make a huge profit with 1-5 years. With Gold, Gold can growth but slow than Crypto because it stable and can't market fluctuations as crypto in present Smiley

Don't ignore the growth potential of gold. Somewhere I read that the gold prices can increase by as much as 4 times by 2020. The mine production of gold is in decline (due to the closure of mines in South Africa), and the demand is rising steadily thanks to Russia, China and India. I believe that gold is a very good candidate for long term investment.
When compared with bitcoin, gold isn't a worthy candidate for long term investment. Gold may be increasing but not as fast as bitcoin. Gold increases steadily per year whereas bitcoin has become far more powerful and increases drastically in a matter of hours. Keeping this view bitcoin a far more secure investment.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:10:31 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

If it was me, I would choose Bitcoin
You can compare the price of Bitcoin a few years ago with the Bitcoin price, and you'll be amazed at how fast it has grown to be Bitcoin.
On the gold side, it has increased but it only increases stability, not high, it is the perfect choice for those who do not dare to venture.
Looking at the potential of Bitcoin I believe that in 10 years it will either rise or be gone forever
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:00:03 PM

If it was me, I would choose Bitcoin
You can compare the price of Bitcoin a few years ago with the Bitcoin price, and you'll be amazed at how fast it has grown to be Bitcoin.
On the gold side, it has increased but it only increases stability, not high, it is the perfect choice for those who do not dare to venture.
Looking at the potential of Bitcoin I believe that in 10 years it will either rise or be gone forever
If i look for a stable investment then i would go for gold without a doubt,the price of bitcoin is really volatile and no can guarantee that the price will keep on going up,so the risk are there if you are planning to invest in it,so make sure you wage the risk and then plan on investing money in it. Wink

vohoanghiep5555

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 04:41:12 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

There are always two choices for you:
-Bitcoin: A Venture Capital, but the profits you can earn after 10 men are many times the amount you spend.
- Gold: It's a steady investment but it does not have a surge, so if you want to be safe then invest in gold.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:14:37 PM

For me gold and bitcoin cannot be compared. They are designed for different purposes. Bitcoin is the currency which people use temporarily for investment. Gold is not very suitable for investment, but it is guaranteed protects your investment income.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 05:40:26 PM

For me gold and bitcoin cannot be compared. They are designed for different purposes. Bitcoin is the currency which people use temporarily for investment. Gold is not very suitable for investment, but it is guaranteed protects your investment income.

Gold is also a very good investment. If you calculate the ROI, then you can see that the returns from gold has been much greater than that from bank deposits and treasury bonds during the last 2-3 decades.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:45:54 PM

Gold is also a very good investment. If you calculate the ROI, then you can see that the returns from gold has been much greater than that from bank deposits and treasury bonds during the last 2-3 decades.
Either way they are both good for earning profits but for me i think i'll choose gold since it has more value when in physical world compared to digital world. As the minerals of our earth is slowly being taken, for the purpose of science or let's just say for the purpose of fashion. But since it's being used as one of the elements in our higher advance technologies, it is essentials for someone to keep it since the resources is just limited only.

Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

I have invested my money in gold in the past and have made good profits too but now I will give a try to bitcoins as it has great potential to give me higher profits in compare to gold so at this stage I will choose bitcoin over gold to make an investment.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Kaiser72

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:32:31 AM

Bitcoin for 10 years.  Had you said 20 years I'd choose gold.
HarleyQuinn9876

Activity: 209

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:39:20 AM

I choose to invest in both. If a few years ago I chosed bitcoin, because at that time bitcoin prices were likely to rise, now bitcoin prices tend to stabilize. In addition, it also contains many other risks

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:48:09 AM

All my wealth? And in 10 years?

I would choose gold bro. If you say all my wealth in 1 year, I would no doubt choose bitcoin. But in a decade? I am not sure where would bitcoin be at that time. Gold is rather stable as compared to bitcoin. I mean, the price may actually go back to 100$ per bitcoin. Gold's price is not that volatile.
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: