Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:02:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:37:55 PM

i choose gold. cause the gold value always raising up and its limited on earth
Bitcoin also has a limit on the number and when bitcoin users have reached the whole world of bitcoin prices will probably exceed the gold like some time ago. The gold price is too slow to change so I prefer to invest in bitcoin because it is fast profitable
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 12:40:10 PM

Both.  Splitting down your coins into gold. silver. palladium, and other precious stones and metals is a great way to secure your position with less risk,,

With the upcoming august 1st date 95% of my assets reside in real world tangible assets

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
lazerchase

Activity: 57
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 12:42:56 PM

The digital age is coming. bitcoin will replace gold as a store of value

www.stakingrewards.com
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:17:06 PM

What are you basing that on? I agree Bitcoin is a great asset to be invested in, but it is still nothing more than ones and zeros. Gold is a physical thing, an element of which no more can ever be created on Earth. Gold will always be desirable as a store of wealth. I don't agree that Bitcoin will replace gold, but instead believe that it offers an alternative for people who are not interested in investing in gold or silver or any other precious metal.

Galaxy Bit

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:20:24 PM

Bitcoin, absolutely. Bitcoin will be the next payment system and will rise much more. Gold as payment system is old school idea but its important for industry
lazerchase

Activity: 57
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 02:32:08 PM

What are you basing that on? I agree Bitcoin is a great asset to be invested in, but it is still nothing more than ones and zeros. Gold is a physical thing, an element of which no more can ever be created on Earth. Gold will always be desirable as a store of wealth. I don't agree that Bitcoin will replace gold, but instead believe that it offers an alternative for people who are not interested in investing in gold or silver or any other precious metal.

Bitcoin is even a better store of value. it is limited to 21mil. coins.  Gold is a physical thing and i think that is the point which makes it so uninteresting. There can be fake gold, it is difficult to move , and who knows if we won´t find a huge amount of gold on some new undiscovred areas inside our earth or to be discovered on another planet.  Also gold price can be highly manipulated.

Bitcoin is combining advantages of gold, cash and banking money all in one place.

www.stakingrewards.com
sriwahyuni

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:37:32 PM

I will choose gold because the price is stable
While bitcoin is very unstable
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

Bitcoin is even a better store of value. it is limited to 21mil. coins. 
True. It is limited to 21 million coins.

Gold is a physical thing and i think that is the point which makes it so uninteresting.
Agree to disagree. That is your opinion. Mine is the exact opposite. Gold is a physical thing, and that is what makes it so interesting for me. I can hold it in my hand. It can be melted down and reshaped. Gold coins and bars come with many designs, like the ones from the Canadian and Australian mints. Beautiful works of art in their own right. Bitcoin is just numbers to me. Not nearly as interesting in that regard. My opinion.

There can be fake gold,
True. But any serious investor will only buy from reputable sources.

it is difficult to move ,
Not at all. We're not talking about the huge bars that you think of when you imagine what's supposedly inside Fort Knox. Your average investor wouldn't be able to afford one even if they were available to the public. We're talking about 1 ounce coins and bars and smaller for most who invest in physical gold. It is as easy as taking them to a reputable dealer or coin shop.

and who knows if we won´t find a huge amount of gold on some new undiscovred areas inside our earth
Most geologists agree that most of the supply which is easily reachable by mining has already been mined. Digging any deeper into the Earth looking for gold is not cost effective in the slightest.

or to be discovered on another planet. 
Seriously?

Also gold price can be highly manipulated.
True. But do you really think Bitcoin is safe from that? Remember Mt. Gox?

Bitcoin is combining advantages of gold, cash and banking money all in one place.
I do not disagree with this either.

CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 03:07:23 PM

gold has been the MAIN trading asset for thousands of years!  bitcoin can never replace real world assets.. It can be its own form of "gold" but can never replace it.

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I would pick bitcoin because bitcoin has a better features than gold. Even gold has greater price than bitcoin today, i would still like to pick bitcoin because bitcoin is more better that any investment and good from any kind of transaction. And i still hoping that bitcoin would accept by the government that's why i pick bitcoin.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 05:32:37 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 09:32:40 AM by deisik

I wouldn't trust Platinum and Silver. The platinum supply scenario can change a lot if new deposits are found anywhere in the world, as the total market cap is very low. And silver is mostly used for industrial purposes, with less than 25% of the mined metal being used for investment and jewelry.

Silver's use in industry as well as jewelry and investments in the form of coins and bars is exactly the reason why I buy silver. It has use. It will always have a demand in industrial use due to it's conductivity and reflective properties.

Silver's use is rather limited

And these limits are twofold. First, there is in fact not much use for silver in today's economy on its own, and, what adds more injury to insult, it is not going to expand in the future (if anything, palladium seems to be a better choice now). Further, even whatever industrial use silver has, it is severely limited by its price which is to say the smallest rise in price will make this use shrink since silver can be easily substituted by other metals and materials. Indeed, silver is the best electrical conductor out there, but copper is not bad either, so it is just a matter of price

Why do you think that Palladium is a good choice when compared to silver and platinum? I know that it is used in catalytic converters, but how can you say that in future the demand for Palladium will increase?

I'm not an expert in these metals

All I can say is that palladium likely has a lot wider use in industry (for example, car making) than the other precious metals. This metal is known for its extremely high absorption capacity of hydrogen. This property allows to use the metal as a medium for efficient and safe hydrogen storage. Indeed, it may be not as efficient as liquid hydrogen itself, but I don't think many people would want to drive a car which can easily turn into a sort of "hydrogen" bomb, especially after someone actually gets blown up

bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:08:49 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
I would pick bitcoin because bitcoin has a better features than gold. Even gold has greater price than bitcoin today, i would still like to pick bitcoin because bitcoin is more better that any investment and good from any kind of transaction. And i still hoping that bitcoin would accept by the government that's why I pick Bitcoin.
Choosing Bitcoin is not wrong because it gains that much popularity and the value of the bitcoin is more than the gold price. But if you are thinking for long term investment Bitcoin is good, but there is no guarantee that it will stay for a long time because Bitcoin has a lot of competition. Other altcoins are also becoming popular. But gold is every green asset.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:55:38 PM

hmmm I think BOTH as both have a great future...
Bitcoin is a future but cant ignore gold and silver as well..
As bitcoin exists maximum by 5 years and gold is traditionally used as investment factor..
so cant ignore both but as discussion is on so would prefer bitcoin as its a future..
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:11:32 PM

gold has been the MAIN trading asset for thousands of years!  bitcoin can never replace real world assets.. It can be its own form of "gold" but can never replace it.
That's true. Gold shown itself as the most safe way for investment and the way for skipping the inflation for years. Bitcoin will never be able to replace it. But bitcoin can to be compared with gold in a way how it mained, that's why bitcoin was called as digital gold Wink
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:42:54 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 12:44:14 AM by bit1

gold has been the MAIN trading asset for thousands of years!  bitcoin can never replace real world assets.. It can be its own form of "gold" but can never replace it.
That's true. Gold shown itself as the most safe way for investment and the way for skipping the inflation for years. Bitcoin will never be able to replace it. But bitcoin can to be compared with gold in a way how it mained, that's why bitcoin was called as digital gold Wink
BTC is much riskier than gold probably in long time, John McAfee has just predicted that the price in three years will be really very high, Instead of that, the projections that have for the gold I do not think that these are so high, But peoples must be very careful when making any kind of investment, Because only they are responsible for the decision that they take, Perhaps the dispute between which is better if BTC or Gold should be defined at the end of this decade when the numbers speak for themselves.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:14:06 PM

I think right now people should chose cryptocurrencies because of the high raising prices and bigger income from that.  Gold are not a bad investment also, but it's all depends on risks which we can get investing on both of this investments   

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:32:24 PM

I think right now people should chose cryptocurrencies because of the high raising prices and bigger income from that.  Gold are not a bad investment also, but it's all depends on risks which we can get investing on both of this investments   

We can invest in both of them as bitcoin is looking good at a moment but not sure where it will land in future on the other hand gold is a safe investment and it can give good returns in long term but if you want to make more profits in quick time then you should go only for bitcoins.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Ronaldcoin2017

Merit: 300

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:23:40 AM

I think right now people should chose cryptocurrencies because of the high raising prices and bigger income from that.  Gold are not a bad investment also, but it's all depends on risks which we can get investing on both of this investments  

We can invest in both of them as bitcoin is looking good at a moment but not sure where it will land in future on the other hand gold is a safe investment and it can give good returns in long term but if you want to make more profits in quick time then you should go only for bitcoins.
yes i think we have to choice a one whos price is continue rising..but i think time matters the most.10 years from now bitcoin and gold is both verry precious in terms of value.
stevegreer
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:20:28 AM

I'm not an expert in these metals

All I can say is that palladium likely has a lot wider use in industry (for example, car making) than the other precious metals. This metal is known for its extremely high absorption capacity of hydrogen. This property allows to use the metal as a medium for efficient and safe hydrogen storage. Indeed, it may be not as efficient as liquid hydrogen itself, but I don't think many people would want to drive a car which can easily turn into a sort of "hydrogen" bomb, especially when someone actually gets blown up

That's a very good point. I might start looking into palladium.

farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:35:05 AM

I would feel comfortable to choose bitcoins instead of gold.Bitcoin has given huge returns to its investors whereas gold has not.Also,bitcoin investment is also safe since it works on a secured block chain system.Bitcoin has tripled in its price within last six months.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: