Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 10:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:32:55 PM

both has strong points.
gold is physical at first. you can touch it Smiley
and it is shiny which is a good thing Smiley

bitcoin is digital, you can carry it easier than bitcoin.
you can count the digits and trade altcoins easily.

I love them both  Grin
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 07:07:03 PM by deisik

Gold is definitely not a very profitable market seeing as how it is not a resource that will last forever. BTC seems to be holding up pretty well whereas gold is a lost cause

That's utter bullshit

Governments are buying gold in bulk amounts (especially those of India, China, and Russia), so are they stupid or what? You may love gold or you may not love it, you may even hate it, but gold is the only asset that countries will use for settling accounts between themselves if some real shit hits the fan, and the world economy goes down been torn to rags. No one will be accepting dollars, euros or other monetary tokens (allegedly) representing value

This is when gold will shine again

Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:26:12 PM

In my opinion both are promising investments that each have more value and different course. Depending on us more comfortable investing in where, gold or bitcoin.

Some experts compare Bitcoin to gold since in both cases it is a limited and without possible counterfeit  Roll Eyes. And Bitcoin has an additional advantage over gold, since it has many applications, unlike gold that is used only in the field of jewelry and certain industrial processes. Bitcoin, on the opposite, can be used daily as a currency of exchange. It could thus turn into a new refuge value in the event of a crisis, as the gold has done so far, which would make it an extremely interesting investment.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:40:32 PM

In my opinion both are promising investments that each have more value and different course. Depending on us more comfortable investing in where, gold or bitcoin.

Some experts compare Bitcoin to gold since in both cases it is a limited and without possible counterfeit  Roll Eyes. And Bitcoin has an additional advantage over gold, since it has many applications, unlike gold that is used only in the field of jewelry and certain industrial processes. Bitcoin, on the opposite, can be used daily as a currency of exchange. It could thus turn into a new refuge value in the event of a crisis, as the gold has done so far, which would make it an extremely interesting investment.

So other than being accepted by a very limited amount of places for buying goods and services and as a trading platform and a way to transfer money from point A to point B, what are these other "many applications" that bitcoin has over gold? Because all the things that I listed that bitcoin can be used for, gold is used for as well. It is silly to say that gold is only used in the field of jewelry and certain industrial processes. Gold is still minted into coins which can be used as money. And see both mine and deisik's posts above. Seems everyone else is ignoring what we both said about many countries storing vast amounts of gold as a preservation of wealth. How many countries are doing the same with bitcoin?

nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:55:39 PM

Bitcoin is more convincing because it also serves as an actively tradable currency so that the fluctuation is much higher than gold. I chose to sell my gold and concentrate on bitcoin for now.

That's a good choice for now and having gold is only a material that you needed to take care of,  while bitcoin is not as the same as gold to be used as human fashion wear. Although gold has been a legendary history of having the most demand by peope to be a good choice of holdings from the past, it doesn't prevent people to appreciate what bitcoin did to their lives specially providing them financial advantages and freedom to earn well. Unlike gold, it has a material properties that's getting under valued and it's now started to decline due to less demand because of many alternatives to replace a real gold.
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:17:38 PM

With no hesitation i will choose bitcoin,why, because i can earn it for free and the value of btc is very good,and it may increased its value this coming years. By now im starting to save some little amount of btc for future use.
leexhin

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:21:36 PM

obviously gold would be the safe bet and bitcoin the risky. With gold having had thousands of years of maintained value and bitcoin being a few years old and extremely volatile.

in 1971 gold was $35 an ounce. it went up to over $800 in the early 80's then crashed to around $250. a few years ago it almost hit $2000. it then dropped into the $1,100 range. now what was it you were saying about volatility?

Well said, it's really hard to say which to keep. But, just to be on the safe side I'll keep both if ever. The reason is simple, gold has a secured value even if you'll keep it for a long time. On the other hand, bitcoin has risks. We don't know what will happen in 10 years, though bitcoin has been doing great for the last 5 years, it's value is unpredictable in the long run. But, I still think it's worth taking the risk. It's either you'll hold something worthless or something worth  thousands of dollars after 10 years.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:55:04 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2017, 02:41:22 AM by bncbnc

obviously gold would be the safe bet and bitcoin the risky. With gold having had thousands of years of maintained value and bitcoin being a few years old and extremely volatile.

in 1971 gold was $35 an ounce. it went up to over $800 in the early 80's then crashed to around $250. a few years ago it almost hit $2000. it then dropped into the $1,100 range. now what was it you were saying about volatility?

Well said, it's really hard to say which to keep. But, just to be on the safe side I'll keep both if ever. The reason is simple, gold has a secured value even if you'll keep it for a long time. On the other hand, bitcoin has risks. We don't know what will happen in 10 years, though bitcoin has been doing great for the last 5 years, it's value is unpredictable in the long run. But, I still think it's worth taking the risk. It's either you'll hold something worthless or something worth  thousands of dollars after 10 years.
to me I have fully trust on both bitcoin as well as on gold. but stil I will like to select bitcoin because from bitcoin I have more chances to make more money. while from Gold we cannot expect such profit, and the reason is that Gold price is too much stable and therefore we cannot expect such a big profit from Gold.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:06:36 PM

In search profit, i am more interested using bitcoin for trading. Because daily volatility of bitcoin faster than gold. Gold more viable as longterm investment option.
I appreciate your choice. It is wise to select bitcoins over gold because of the volatility. The continuous changes in the values of bitcoins make them more attractive and beneficial than gold or any other currency. Holding to them when prices are high, can make you richer without any hard efforts. This is not the case with gold. Gold has not shown any significant change in values for last few months.
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:29:10 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 08:11:02 PM by bitbob82

In search profit, i am more interested using bitcoin for trading. Because daily volatility of bitcoin faster than gold. Gold more viable as longterm investment option.
I appreciate your choice. It is wise to select bitcoins over gold because of the volatility. The continuous changes in the values of bitcoins make them more attractive and beneficial than gold or any other currency. Holding to them when prices are high, can make you richer without any hard efforts. This is not the case with gold. Gold has not shown any significant change in values for last few months.
i personally will choose bitcoin. because from gold we have good cance to increase our wealth, in fact the profit that we can get from bitcoin investment that is not possible from trading gold and therfore my first coice is bitcoin because i just want to increasing my assests and investment in bitcoin is the best opporutnity with me.
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:29:55 PM

Well said, it's really hard to say which to keep. But, just to be on the safe side I'll keep both if ever. The reason is simple, gold has a secured value even if you'll keep it for a long time. On the other hand, bitcoin has risks. We don't know what will happen in 10 years, though bitcoin has been doing great for the last 5 years, it's value is unpredictable in the long run. But, I still think it's worth taking the risk. It's either you'll hold something worthless or something worth  thousands of dollars after 10 years.
to me I have fully trust on both bitcoin as well as on gold. but stil I will like to select bitcoin because from bitcoin I have more chances to make more money.
That’s a sagacious suggestion though. We all know that bitcoins are fastest way of earning now a days and making your dreams come true but is accompanied by risks as well. Little investment in gold would serve as nice back up for trading in bitcoins.
But for faster profit I will suggest for only bitcoin no matter how much is risk.
LieXurui

Activity: 547

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:14:19 AM

you can compare how long gold price from 35 dollar to 2000 dollar, with bitcoin price from under one dollar to 3000 dollar
so if you want high profit bitcoin is the best
about risk, all investment platform profit can equal risk, if high profit , high risk  and low profit low risk
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:21:30 AM

I think that money should be kept in gold and in bitcoin. Bitcoin is a good opportunity to earn, but risks are everywhere and you need to keep money in something physical, for example, in gold.
bitcoin is for earning profit , gold for saving balance.

that is a nice suggestion bit what if you select for a thing which will do both? Then opt for bitcoin because bitcoin is doing both of them. If you will put your money in bitcoin then you will earn the profit and your money will also be saved securely.
although i already have a good amount of gold. but i want to invest some money in bitcoin so as to increase my assets
It is always a good idea to diversify your assets since that is one mistake many people do, they have most of their money in two different assets or at most three, cash, real estate and stocks, if you add other assets like precious metals and bitcoin then your portfolio is a lot stronger and more complete.
Black Lizard

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:08:01 AM

Although bitcoin prices are very uphill, but I still make gold as the main investment, the reason is because gold is more stable even small profit.
Japinat

Activity: 2982
Merit: 680

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:24:42 AM

Although bitcoin prices are very uphill, but I still make gold as the main investment, the reason is because gold is more stable even small profit.
Well, I respect your opinion but to tell you people here in the community are believer of bitcoin, since gold is already old and has been part of the history of the world you would not get a massive profit investing on it unless you are already rich. My point why I am investing with bitcoin is because I want to gain more where other investment cannot offer to me.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:55:06 AM

Well, I respect your opinion but to tell you people here in the community are believer of bitcoin, since gold is already old and has been part of the history of the world you would not get a massive profit investing on it unless you are already rich. My point why I am investing with bitcoin is because I want to gain more where other investment cannot offer to me.
In fact, it is not wrong to invest in bitcoin, or in gold, it all depends on the plan you set for the future. Well, if you feel lucky to invest in bitcoin, I guess that's okay, because I also do that. If you want to invest in gold, maybe you have a good plan for it, so essentially, it all depends on your plan going forward.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:58:58 AM

Well said, it's really hard to say which to keep. But, just to be on the safe side I'll keep both if ever. The reason is simple, gold has a secured value even if you'll keep it for a long time. On the other hand, bitcoin has risks. We don't know what will happen in 10 years, though bitcoin has been doing great for the last 5 years, it's value is unpredictable in the long run. But, I still think it's worth taking the risk. It's either you'll hold something worthless or something worth  thousands of dollars after 10 years

Any equation has two sides

Just like any coin, by the way. In this very case, the changes in gold price reflected not the change in the value of gold itself but rather the change in the value of the American dollar. If we take a closer look at inflation adjusted gold prices, the price of gold is pretty stable long term. Bitcoin, on the other hand, is quite volatile, and this volatility is internal or built-in, so to speak. That is, it comes about due to the change in the value of Bitcoin itself, i.e. not in the value of a currency it happens to be priced in

Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:13:59 AM

Surely bitcoin as it has an ability to give me best profits in quick time which is never possible with gold as to make profits from gold you need to hold if for a very long time which is not possible for me.

Because Bitcoin is on it's acceptance development and some people are just new to these terms and what can it do so this is a time where we can buy bitcoins in a cheap price ( a 2000 plus dollars is not cheap but compared to bitcoins prediction in coming years it is a good time to buy ). Gold on the other hand is known to almost everybody and it is accepted thousand of years ago that's why it's price is not increasing in a fast pace.

Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:56:41 AM

Surely bitcoin as it has an ability to give me best profits in quick time which is never possible with gold as to make profits from gold you need to hold if for a very long time which is not possible for me.

Because Bitcoin is on it's acceptance development and some people are just new to these terms and what can it do so this is a time where we can buy bitcoins in a cheap price ( a 2000 plus dollars is not cheap but compared to bitcoins prediction in coming years it is a good time to buy ). Gold on the other hand is known to almost everybody and it is accepted thousand of years ago that's why it's price is not increasing in a fast pace.
People are predicting that bitcoin will cost a million dollar in the future to come and with the current price now it is very cheap.
It depend on us on how much we believe the price will reach because if the success will continue definitely it will happen if we also hold on.

crypto.classroom

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:00:11 AM

same here
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: