Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:08:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984418 times)
akablackhat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

Gold price to historic highs between 2011 and 2013, exceeding $1,900 an ounce in September 2011. Prices remained above $1,000 an ounce into 2016. While Gold prices have responded to supply and demand, fluctuations are less extreme than many other investment commodities, including bitcoin.
Between 2009 and the majority of 2017, the bitcoin price rose gradually from zero to near $6000
As more users chose to invest in bitcoin, miners worked to increase the worldwide supply and developers imposed higher transaction fees.

As with any commodity, including Gold, bitcoin is subject to drastic price fluctuations.
Rudy_Third27

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:02:21 PM

I prefer bitcoin why? because bitcoin can be in the tube while gold, gold can also be in the tube but not as easy as bitcoin that's why I prefer bitcoin than gold.
bitcoin we can invest and much more use of this bitcoin so I really like the bitcoin.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:07:30 PM

Both for definite, the thing is, both have their plus and minus points, in this day and age Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are far more practical but if the world does end you'll still want to have gold and silver on hand just in case, it's also a lot easier to store crypto's for the long run.
Yes exactly as of now gold is still preferred over bitcoins because it can be traded for cash anytime and anywhere unlike bitcoins.
But one can't predict future,who knows bitcoin may rule over all other currencies in the near future so we should consider about investing in bitcoins too.
TigerWoodRT

Activity: 84
Merit: 100

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:09:45 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
Of course I would choose gold,  Today bitcoin is, and tomorrow it may not be)) Especially bitcoin is more excitement for people) and all))

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:10:42 PM

Both for definite, the thing is, both have their plus and minus points, in this day and age Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are far more practical but if the world does end you'll still want to have gold and silver on hand just in case, it's also a lot easier to store crypto's for the long run.
Yes exactly as of now gold is still preferred over bitcoins because it can be traded for cash anytime and anywhere unlike bitcoins.
But one can't predict future,who knows bitcoin may rule over all other currencies in the near future so we should consider about investing in bitcoins too.
This is only partially true. You can't trade Gold anywhere and anytime and depending on your specific circumstances it might even be easier to swap Bitcoins into cash than Gold.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:27:01 PM

Bitcoin and gold is a good investment but I prefer having bitcoin as of the moment because the price growth is faster that gold, I am planning to buy gold though if I will gain profit from my bitcoin.

The market cap of gold is almost 100 times of that of Bitcoin. That means that it is much more difficult to manipulate the gold prices, when compared to the BTC exchange rates. Another factor is the number of users. Gold is being used by more than 1 billion people around the world, while the number of BTC users stand at around 10 million.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:32:23 PM

This is the most trending topic on the forum I think "is bitcoin better than gold". But always I will tell that bitcoin is better as it has more opportunity to earn and also has high returns aa gold does not give chances to increase just the value increases but bitcoin is like a bussiness we can earn more if we work more.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:24:39 PM

for now it is both, but don't forget that somwere in space exist planets full of diamonds) or even comets whith this gold can easily fly near to us
Gold may be rare on earth but the universe is so big that there is enough gold, silver and diamonds, so at some point we are going to need something like bitcoin in order to perform our transactions and to act as a store of value but the day we can get access to that much gold is still very far away.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:01:47 AM

I'll pick gold. I like both of them but if we are talking about centuries of keeping, gold will last. Bitcoin can be replaced by another altcoin while gold will still be gold even if I buried it deep down for a millenium.
With a mindset on making money as of now, I will be going for Bitcoin, because I have no interest for a long term stuff or whatever, like storing for centuries. Like seriously, why would I store for centuries, am I doing it for my 5th generation? Lol… I just wanna make money as quick as possible, from any legit good means, not in a bad way. Gold is good in terms of durability, Bitcoin can be destroyed at anytime.
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:40:35 AM

I'll pick gold. I like both of them but if we are talking about centuries of keeping, gold will last. Bitcoin can be replaced by another altcoin while gold will still be gold even if I buried it deep down for a millenium.
With a mindset on making money as of now, I will be going for Bitcoin, because I have no interest for a long term stuff or whatever, like storing for centuries. Like seriously, why would I store for centuries, am I doing it for my 5th generation? Lol… I just wanna make money as quick as possible, from any legit good means, not in a bad way. Gold is good in terms of durability, Bitcoin can be destroyed at anytime.

Since I have a similar mindset as of now, I would also choose bitcoin. It has more potential to grow as compared to gold and I intend to invest in bitcoin for long term. Gold is better for security and most people would prefer it in terms of security and safety because many have relied on it for years already and for a long time. It has less risk and they believe that gold would not devalue so quickly or after several years. Perhaps choosing your type of investment would depend on your interest and needs.

4p0l4k4y

Activity: 448

Virtual Assistant | Remote Admin Support

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:40:40 AM

I will split my wealth into 2. 1 part is for bitcoin and the other part is gold. In that way you are sure that if ever bitcoin depreciates or the other way around at least you got a backup.

I help small and medium business owners increase brand awareness by creating engaging content, customer support, managing email marketing, and implementing automation.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:57:16 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

The best thing to compare is, What has the greater value, Obviously gold has the higher value but in terms of earning bitcoins is a lot more easier to gain and there are a lot of opportunities to every people who wants to join the bitcoin community so in my opinion, I think that bitcoin will dominate the market more than gold because its easier to earn by everyone more than earning gold.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 01:33:25 PM

This makes sense if you don't have a lot of money. If you end up with millions it's best to put some money into safer options, just to make sure that you won't find yourself with a house and lifestyle that you can't afford some day.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:17:25 PM

It's true that the gold is slow but if for the long term good, because the price tends to be stable. Unlike bitcoins whose prices can go crazy all the time. But all investments in my opinion have a risk of being alone, only we should be smart to minimize the risks
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:19:32 PM

in my opionion the oroigin system shoud be better, so btc
but if btc is stabil gold might be too

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:54:16 PM

Gold as investment had its days of sucess already, it had jumped a lot due to countries start to use is a store of value, bitcoin had already cleaned any possible competition, this year bitcoin had made already 4-5x its value, and as i know there isnt any other investment offering such potencial return into such short period, even market of gold being bigger then the bitcoin, there is a lot space to grow over time.
With the advancement in technology, things are changing quite rapidly. Gold was no doubt considered as the best way of investing money in the past but now it is only bitcoin which is grabbing the attention of all those sitting in the market. The way bitcoin is making its name is a proof of this things that bitcoin holds a very bright future. So you need to think well for having better tomorrow.
Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:51:50 AM

Bitcoin got much higher protential long term than gold. It's like do you want to invest in apple, microsoft, google, and amazon stocks back then or you want to invest in gold back then.
Actually gold have much stable rates than bitcoin. Bitcoin market is totally fluctuating every time. But this goes in advantage to bitcoin. The prices are totally getting higherevery other day for bitcoin, whereas gold is still in that range of prices from last decade. So, it is better to get yourself indulged in bitcoin as it will be of morepotential than gold in terms of profits for you.

zhopas

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:33:14 AM

For me I would choose both. I this world we need to be safe so we need to have an option for us to live in safety life.
Flame-

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:34:58 AM

Gold is better as a long term investment with very low profit probability and mainly as a form of saving money, Bitcoin is a very high risk investment and probability of making profit is high but probability of losing the invested money is high as well.
Zoel

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:25:01 AM

Gold is better as a long term investment with very low profit probability and mainly as a form of saving money, Bitcoin is a very high risk investment and probability of making profit is high but probability of losing the invested money is high as well.
Gold just make your money increase on ($) but, actually you're auto-lost. I'm mean, if you thing do a save money (gold) will be increase based interest of gold? No, you should be remember and consider about inflations of money. That's make your money be nothing.
Pages: « 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 [473] 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: