Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:48:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984414 times)
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:27:06 PM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.
bitcoin has escalated over gold in terms of price but still I don’t think that bitcoin is better than gold because firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin among teenagers and other age groups than bitcoin. Then gold has way more users than bitcoin. Then gold is more stable than bitcoin its value does not fluctuate whereas bitcoin’s value fluctuate a lot. Then gold is regulated by government whereas bitcoin is not regulated by any government. So because of these reasons bitcoin is not better than gold.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:19:07 AM

I prefer both, but i mostly pick gold over bitcoin, we cant be sure how long would bitcoin last, gold has value anytime anywhere, bitcoin is easier to earn but we cant be sure

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:41:29 AM

I prefer both, but i mostly pick gold over bitcoin, we cant be sure how long would bitcoin last, gold has value anytime anywhere, bitcoin is easier to earn but we cant be sure
We should make careful consideration before investing. The type of investment we choose should be appropriate to our individual circumstance. We need a lot of cost to invest in gold because storing gold can be a hassle and expensive, also dealers charge premium prices and fees for gold coins. But invest in bitcoin only need low cost, althoug the risk from the volatility is very high, but many expert said that bitcoin has good future, so for now I choose bitcoin.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
janamana

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:30:45 AM

I'll bet for Gold as it is natural and everything else is HUMAN MADE!!

Gold has proven time to time over thousands of years and any attempt by Humans to over take Nature has failed out right for greed and fear again and again!! Bitcoin is one among followed by Sterling Pound, US Dollar and Euro to some extant. History is the proof!! it's the time which witness (not SegWit Grin)  Boom and Bust.

The very most factor for every failure in past and in future as well is "Greed and Fear", Greed will bloom in search of growth leads to Boom at the cost of Blood, Sweat and Time of Wide Users in the name of inflation caused by Greedy Issuer and Fear will bust in search of value to maintain purchasing power at the cost of Blood, Sweat and Time of Wide Users. in both the Wide Users are Victims to the Issuer as Money and Governance Power will suppress Wide Users.

These is the Economics of World in simple terms!!

Only fact to be admire in this process is "Innovations" happening at every stage in every aspect of life. After all its part above eco-system of Survival for labour to most, Intellectual with Passion to Few and handful chosen investors is the recipe of Innovation.

Why Bitcoin (or any of it's fork) will fail quickly in my opinion.

- It is not decentralized as it claims -- Everything is in the hands of Miners and Dev Community, even if new fork claims (Bitcoin Gold) to be decentralized 80% is pre-mine inheritance from Bitcoin and remaining 20%, it's witness to "The Pareto principle" of 80/20 Rule, where 80% of creation is held by 20% of people mined cheap with less difficulty and remaining 20% is what 80% of people has to fight for high cost of mining and difficulty in Block chain.

- Cost of Capital is huge -- Even when there is no ecosystem developed or evolved for using as medium of transactions for Goods and Services in Common places of Lively hood. The Cost of Capital which Bitcoin lenders seek in this forum to establish business is out of question. (proof: negative rating for my account).

- Cost Transaction and Time Taken for Transaction --  most important thing for Wide Users, may not be for handful people and institutions looking for alternative to USD for moving funds for there greedy cross border businesses every day in Trillions (1,000,000,000,000) so many zeros for just 1 trillion. Current USD based transaction system has limitations in future, that could be reason for creating Satoshi Nakamoto in disguise in order to innovate, develop and evolve system for those handful people and institutions.

I'll stop here as most of the economic noble's will understand my thought process and seeds in there thinking capacity in order to perform there "Karma's".
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:42:22 AM

Certainly yes, because gold is almost it has become part of life, you can buy gold using bitcoin. So it's difficult to replace gold.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:23:09 AM

Bitcoin or gold ? I will choose both.
Both are volatile in nature bitcoin is more gold is less.
Return on investment is far more in bitcoins.
Transaction charges and time both are less.
Comes in digital format & secured by blockchain. 
Return on investments are less but security is there.
Gold comes in tangible formats, cash convertibility is quiet easy with world wide acceptance.
Can get loan against gold if needed.
Both have risk of getting stolen or lost.
I will invest 60% in bitcoin & 40% in gold.
Chienna

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:36:11 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

In my own opinion I will choose both, because it is better to be safe than taking all the risk that tou need to face. I better convert tha hal in bitcoin and the half gold so there's a hindrances that it nake me succeed.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:08:52 AM

As of now , i prefer to keep bitcoin for over 10 years than a gold. WHY, it is simply because bitcoin is the future of money and currency, i see the potential of bitcoin by it's quantity movement and datas. Also bitcoin will enables us to trade uniquely. Regards with security , well bitcoin is more secured than tangible vaults and locks, its security mechanism is a combination of numbers and alphabet characters that is so hard to guess or hack.
imsotiredofmoviereboots

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:29:17 AM

Gold are still going to be valuable no matter what happens so I will still get more gold than bitcoin. I like bitcoin but only because this is his time or this is his era and it fits to our advanced digital age.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:39:35 AM

for me gold becauce gold is quite stable rather than bitcoin. bitcoin need more time to steady. gold is more valuable in the market.

Everyone has his own point of view but I think of bitcoin as more appropriate choice than that of gold is also a very good way of investing money but investing in gold will not help in making any fruitful amount of profit. If you really want to make money then you have to invest in bitcoin. But prior to investing in bitcoin, you have to learn the things well. Only then you can earn something good.
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:46:11 AM

for me gold becauce gold is quite stable rather than bitcoin. bitcoin need more time to steady. gold is more valuable in the market.

Everyone has his own point of view but I think of bitcoin as more appropriate choice than that of gold is also a very good way of investing money but investing in gold will not help in making any fruitful amount of profit. If you really want to make money then you have to invest in bitcoin. But prior to investing in bitcoin, you have to learn the things well. Only then you can earn something good.
well i agree on that everyone had its own way of handling decision to gain but in my part i believe that bitcoin is  really more profitable than gold in terms of investment.because if we buy btc we can buy it in a low price while in gold we  cant buy it low because its price is always high.and its price will not goin to change in a short period of time while  btc price is unstable and we can learn through buying and selling it.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Sm0thersTheW0rld

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:13:51 PM

I would have to say bitcoin all the way... There is a lot more risk included, but the potential return is huge. and because Bitcoin is innovative technologies
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:30:28 PM

Well I think gold is better than bitcoin any day any time even though bitcoin has beaten gold in terms of prices. This is because firstly, gold is more popular than bitcoin because of which it has way more users than bitcoin. Then gold has a physical entity whereas bitcoin is just a digital form of currency. Then gold is more stable than bitcoin and gold is regulated by government whereas bitcoin is not regulated by any government.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:03:26 PM

Agree to that because bitcoin bitcoin can give us good income once i have money i will invest it on bitcoin for me to get good profit. Gold is good but not more get profit in to it because it takes more months or years before your money grow in gold.
Mascrypto

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 02:07:37 PM

Gold no. In my opinion, gold does not have a good future. If someone wants to mining it will choose alt's.
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:43:35 PM

they both are good source of investment but if we see for the long term perspective gold is less risky because it can be seen in early years that price of gold rises in 10 years very strangely. but if we see bitcoin as long term investment yes its risky but bit coin would go much high according to me but you have to invest in 5 years of interval.
Yes both can be consider as good but i think that if we want to make a quick profit then we must choose bitcoin, because bitcoin is in fact the best option to make more and quick income. While gold is better to saving where one can keep safe their money for a long long time.
At the end it depends on what you are looking, for those that very comfortable with their level of wealth then the only thing they need to do is to buy some gold and they are set but for us that are looking to make more money then the right thing to do is to invest almost everything in bitcoin.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 07:49:36 PM

I'll bet for Gold as it is natural and everything else is HUMAN MADE!!

Gold has proven time to time over thousands of years and any attempt by Humans to over take Nature has failed out right for greed and fear again and again!! Bitcoin is one among followed by Sterling Pound, US Dollar and Euro to some extant. History is the proof!! it's the time which witness (not SegWit Grin)  Boom and Bust.

The very most factor for every failure in past and in future as well is "Greed and Fear", Greed will bloom in search of growth leads to Boom at the cost of Blood, Sweat and Time of Wide Users in the name of inflation caused by Greedy Issuer and Fear will bust in search of value to maintain purchasing power at the cost of Blood, Sweat and Time of Wide Users. in both the Wide Users are Victims to the Issuer as Money and Governance Power will suppress Wide Users.

These is the Economics of World in simple terms!!

Only fact to be admire in this process is "Innovations" happening at every stage in every aspect of life. After all its part above eco-system of Survival for labour to most, Intellectual with Passion to Few and handful chosen investors is the recipe of Innovation.

Why Bitcoin (or any of it's fork) will fail quickly in my opinion.

- It is not decentralized as it claims -- Everything is in the hands of Miners and Dev Community, even if new fork claims (Bitcoin Gold) to be decentralized 80% is pre-mine inheritance from Bitcoin and remaining 20%, it's witness to "The Pareto principle" of 80/20 Rule, where 80% of creation is held by 20% of people mined cheap with less difficulty and remaining 20% is what 80% of people has to fight for high cost of mining and difficulty in Block chain.

- Cost of Capital is huge -- Even when there is no ecosystem developed or evolved for using as medium of transactions for Goods and Services in Common places of Lively hood. The Cost of Capital which Bitcoin lenders seek in this forum to establish business is out of question. (proof: negative rating for my account).

- Cost Transaction and Time Taken for Transaction --  most important thing for Wide Users, may not be for handful people and institutions looking for alternative to USD for moving funds for there greedy cross border businesses every day in Trillions (1,000,000,000,000) so many zeros for just 1 trillion. Current USD based transaction system has limitations in future, that could be reason for creating Satoshi Nakamoto in disguise in order to innovate, develop and evolve system for those handful people and institutions.

I'll stop here as most of the economic noble's will understand my thought process and seeds in there thinking capacity in order to perform there "Karma's".

Why does it matter if it's "natural" or not?

Humans were naturally created by the environment. So everything that humans create is natural as well as a direct consequence. Humans aren't some special external force that is somehow independent of the rest of the universe. We're just another part of it. Man-made vs non-man-made is a completely arbitrary and pointless distinction to make.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:08:22 AM

I chose bitcoin, because now bitcoin almost beat gold in all aspects, and bitcoin also gives a lot of advantages for many people, bitcoin is also a safe asset, so I choose bitcoin.
Exactly! If we make a comparison in between gold and bitcoin, then we’ll get to know this thing that it is bitcoin which is far ahead than that of gold.

In fact, there are number of people who are now taking out money from their investment in gold and are now investing in bitcoin. Gold is very much stable in nature and you cannot earn any significant amount of profit by investing in gold.
popoypalaboy03

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 10:30:57 AM

The price of gold and Bitcoin are showing solid gains and this is nothing more than a risk off trade. The question is, which one is more reliable? Of course, gold has a massive history to back this thesis because Bitcoin is relatively new. However, this is not to say that Bitcoin cannot be considered as a safe haven trade.
peynman

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:02:57 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 03:08:04 AM by peynman

Gold is a tough competitor, but I will choose bitcoin because where in the world can I find gold? it's really hard to find so I will choose bitcoin. By just being in this community, doing different tasks using gadgets and internet I can earn some bitcoin. As much easy than finding gold.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 [483] 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: