Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to HODL  (Read 1035 times)
trapatalce (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 03:56:23 AM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

I sort of agree. Glad I pulled the trigger and sold at a loss within Q1 to Q2.
Small losses turns to bigger losses if they are not managed.

Now I can buy back more  of what I sold Grin Grin Grin

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:29:15 AM

We do have different advising techniques and this depends on the person that will be asked on what they should do.

When the all time high is at hand, people are very happy and glad that they've been holding. Now, every single act that people do is about stupidity and ignorance, hold, selling at loss, day trading, do on where you are good with and comfortable.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:30:26 AM

Hold strategy always works, but it should be done reasonably. I know many did not sell their crypto assets on the obvious pump (end 2017), and continued to "hodl" around. That is very stupid, and for sure they very much regret it.
And, vice versa, I know many early Bitcoin investors and miners sold most of their assets for $ 1,000-1,500, thinking that this is the peak, but the price reached $ 20,000.
It is very difficult even for advanced players to determine the best time for purchases / sales.
With the current market situation, I think it's too late to sell, and now you need to buy and hold.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:42:06 AM

if we experience a loss and the asset value continues to decline, do we have to sell at a loss? I don't think so and I personally don't want to lose twice. indeed there are many people who misinterpret it, but that doesn't mean the hodl is a bad choice.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 04:56:44 AM

In general, this is true. It will be wrong to hope that our coins and tokens will constantly grow in value, and therefore you only need to keep them and then we will be happy. It can be said that a cryptocurrency also has its own period of formation, development and growth, stabilization, followed by a possible fall if it does not maintain its competitiveness. It is always necessary to take into account and make on time and the right decisions in the market. Here you can not give general advice on how to act in one way or another. We have different life circumstances and it is they who dictate how to act in this or that case.
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:09:47 AM

Of course, only the retention of cryptocurrency for a long time does not always bring long-awaited results. This year, many should have been convinced of this. If possible, you should use the price fluctuation of the cryptocurrency market. It is very suitable for this, given the high price volatility of cryptocurrency. If someone does not have time to keep track of the constant market fluctuations, it is advisable to do this even with large and significant rises and falls of our specific coins and tokens. This will be much more effective than regular long-term retention.

Igor.J

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:12:21 AM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.
The holding is often compatible with greed, many understand that there is already a profit, but continue to hold, thinking that growth will continue. But the smarter ones take the bulk off, leaving little to reduce the risk of loss.

labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 06:23:48 AM

Nicely explained there.Its really a great help and aid for the newbies in crypto to be not misleaded by the word HODL. Before, when Im still new to crypto, I used to be mileaded by this advice also but I am somehow matured and not ignorant for holding specific project.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:45:46 AM

Everyone have the right to say as we have different strategy for holding whether short-term or a long-term holding and some of them are already rich for that simple strategy and even the full-time traders are doing that strategy but anyway that's your opinion and we have to respect .
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 07:24:30 AM

I also do not understand why many people advise hodl for a long time. I used to hodl until the time when the price suited me and then sold. But now I don’t see any sense in hodl any coins. Because in my opinion already such a time that they practically do not grow, but either stand in the price of one place or fall strongly in price.
brixbounty

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:36:48 AM

HODL is a generic term and in my opinion it implies that you should keep your coins until you make a profit. In all other respects, you should think independently and constantly analyze the market. If you bought Bitcoin for $20k and suffer losses,then you only have the HODL. If you bought bitcoin for $1, then you even now have a huge profit.

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 07:38:24 AM

We do have different advising techniques and this depends on the person that will be asked on what they should do.

When the all time high is at hand, people are very happy and glad that they've been holding. Now, every single act that people do is about stupidity and ignorance, hold, selling at loss, day trading, do on where you are good with and comfortable.

Exactly, this is what happening right now. The market is inconsistent just think about the small investors? Do you they will plan for long-term in this tough situation? Like you said holdings depends on the person.

Those are desperately in the need of money will surely sell to avoid further loss, like something is better than nothing.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:07:55 AM

Do you think spreading uncertainty about the future of bitcoin is the right advice,doing that will only do more harm to the crypto space.We need to be optimistic to be able to bring back the good days of crypto and that can only be achieve by not selling out of panic thereby allowing whales to benefit from that.
inoes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 254

United Crowd

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 08:17:45 AM

Do you think spreading uncertainty about the future of bitcoin is the right advice,doing that will only do more harm to the crypto space.We need to be optimistic to be able to bring back the good days of crypto and that can only be achieve by not selling out of panic thereby allowing whales to benefit from that.

and unfortunately everyone doesn't understand how to not have unreasonable predictions
this mess might have caused some people to panic and lose control that made them a little wild

Dogeum.io
████████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:25:55 AM

Exactly, this is what happening right now. The market is inconsistent just think about the small investors? Do you they will plan for long-term in this tough situation? Like you said holdings depends on the person.

Those are desperately in the need of money will surely sell to avoid further loss, like something is better than nothing.
Not only those that need money will start selling but those who don't have anymore confidence to the market.

They are the people that already lost their trust to the market and already given up that it will not be better. If you don't have to hold then don't hold, simple as that but flaming HODLING and blaming people who have been saying to hold, it's wrong IMO.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:27:09 AM

if the price continues to fall, hold is not a good choice, it is better to save assets in the form of only the currency, and wait for the increase in our new price chart for purchases, because we all do not want to lose while waiting.
faisaladitya

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:46:27 AM

In my opinion. holding it is necessary if conditions are not favorable for us. people hold coins because prices are too cheap. if we do not hold and force the will to sell, we will suffer losses.
Strotman

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:02:19 AM

If a person asks for advice on what strategy to choose-this means that he does not have the necessary knowledge in the cryptocurrency industry. The advice in this situation is: "start to study the materials on the subject of the question to get the necessary answers."

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:11:28 PM

I will definitely hold back, because I want to get the benefits I want. the problem is by holding it to determine the price of coins when selling coins that can determine profits
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: