Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:40:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to HODL  (Read 1035 times)
Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 07:46:14 AM

HODL is a term that whales want people to use so they can be the last ones holding these shit coins )
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 09:50:58 AM

Very agree with your point of view, only those who lose money will let other investors follow themselves, but in fact it is very dangerous. Any coin other than Bitcoin is wrong in this way, so I agree with you.

alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:27:55 PM

What can be said to a person who has lost 90% of his investment. Do you think the sale is correct? And I'm not in such situations, it is better to do a long hold. Of course, if your portfolio consisted only of BTC and ETH in your case, you will be able to multiply your capital waiting for the lowest price. But Hold is also the right strategy.
HODL in any case is a strategy that has the right to life, which today, all the same, at best, can show serious success. Especially if now all of us still wait for the case when the situation can improve, especially during good news. Today there are not so many of them, but I would like to find a benefit.
odranoel

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 02:39:36 PM

Yes holding is a strategy how to manage of what you are holding. Manage because it must be in a proper and correct decision you make that you think more profit you earned and not losing. As simple as " Buy at low price and sell in high price.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

To some extent, we must keep the coins, of course not forever, but until that moment, until there is a chance to get the maximum profit. And even more, many coins do not immediately show their potential after entering the stock exchange, and in this case they have to hold.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:03:49 PM

Just hold is putting yourself against market when it's in downtrend - without stop loss you can lose all your money.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
alex_kir

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

There was a day that it's good to hold some coin for long-term but in facing bear market it's not safe to hold for a long day and now we are facing the unstoppable dropping price of crypto coins.
And it starts to seem to me that the market has begun to change and the market today definitely can seriously add to the price, I very much hope that we will close this month at $ 6000 and this will be the beginning of what is called a turning point. But let's see what will happen this week, because there can be anything
mksundip

Activity: 726

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:32:12 PM

I still hold it until now, I bought crypto assets when the price was still high, in October 2018, and I think this is not the time to sell it

Felic43

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 04:47:56 PM

HODLing is adviceable this time market is at the lowest no one sell his coin now and make enough profit as plan but i will advice mate to hodl.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:04:52 PM

It may be difficult to say, holding can be profitable in bull market, all those that bought certain coins at earlier 2017 and sold late December were those that hugely benefited. There are some element of luck with every investment. Particularly it is better adviced to exit once a bear market is imminent or trade carefully

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Daliloz

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Nobody forces anyone to keep their coins. If there is a need, you can sell it without any problems.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:20:42 PM

No doubt you have explained nicely but from my point of view when the price is not in favor, the investor needs to hold for skipping huge losses at selling cheap rate. At the same time, they can trade instead of only holding people should trade if they can apply their best strategy on trading.
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:27:25 PM

Rightly said and nicely explained. Most of the newbies misunderstand the HODL terminology and therefore do not take out their profits at the right time and then they end up their losing their earned profits and investment amount.
shakesbear

Activity: 684

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

I think "Hodl" is a general direction, the idea, that at the moment it is not advisable to sell, and then you decide when to sell. It's silly to blindly believe the advice from the Internet.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2018, 10:31:46 PM

Not all tokens are really worth it for making hold. You gotta choose the best coin to hold in long term. Because most of the coin doesn't give you profit when you hold in long term.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
ForTheAzerot

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:36:39 PM

Not all tokens are really worth it for making hold. You gotta choose the best coin to hold in long term. Because most of the coin doesn't give you profit when you hold in long term.
Last year, all tokens in the growing market brought revenue. So the only thing you need is that the market would grow.

krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:42:10 PM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

HODL is a strategy for long term, at least 2 years my friend
for me, better do a trading activity in the market, so, we can make a daily profit or weekly profit
but, people should learn first about how to trade,, and how to manage thei risk, so we can reduce the risk on our trading activity

crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:46:19 PM

HODL is a strategy for long term, at least 2 years my friend
for me, better do a trading activity in the market, so, we can make a daily profit or weekly profit
but, people should learn first about how to trade,, and how to manage thei risk, so we can reduce the risk on our trading activity
Well, everyone has their own tendencies. Some like long-term investments and some like short-term investments. The most important thing is that we understand where our ability and willingness to invest. Day trading is indeed quite profitable with all the risks, the important thing is we have a good strategy and analytical skills.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 10:53:32 PM

Of course Hodling is for those who see crypto as a long term investment and are patient enough to wait. For the day traders who prefer liquid funds to help them with their day to day trading, Hodling isn't suitable to them and as such they don't see the need. This is also good for those who can actually trade the markets. If you are a beginner who is still learning how to trade, then hodling isn't such a bad thing, you can hodl your tokens or assets while learning how to become a professional trader. Everyone has their reasons as to why they hodl.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:22:47 PM

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.
This is advice for me seems to be very negative and it might lead to a person selling his crypto. It would be pessimistic to say that there doesn't seem to be much hope for bitcoin and the impact of this to seeking advice is not good. We have a different strategy on how to deal with our crypto and as long as you earn profit from it then it is good for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: