Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You don't have to HODL  (Read 1035 times)
inmean

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 02:47:42 AM

Why do you dare say that is stupid thing. As you are with the current market situation, we do what trade, or hibernation market. Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Arata

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:02:52 AM

Yes, of course you don't have to hold it, if you need money you can sell your coins, but of course with this condition if you sell coins, you don't get maximum results and definitely return to yourself whether to sell or save your coins at this time
coinsycrip09

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:07:16 AM

Why not have to hold some altcoin or bitcoin, always hope best option way to make price is growing up and we have waiting until price is up by keep holding, without holding we will miss opportunity to get much profit.
while waiting and hoping, i also took the opportunity to collect more coins in my wallet. i'm sure the market will improve again.

if you don't collect from now on, you will miss the opportunity to party when the market returns.
we should not give up just because of the current market conditions.
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:13:43 AM

Everyone has a way and strategy to invest in bitcoin, for me the most important investment is understanding what we invest and being able to control emotions. Patience is very much needed in investment, and real intelligence is how we benefit through the investments we make. I am of the opinion that before generating profits never give up or sell, so holding is the best way, and trying other investments while waiting for the increase in investment prices that we did before is a very wise choice.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

Actually holding or selling is the decision of each person. If they determine at the right time to sell, they certainly sell. If they hold back because it's not time to sell, of course they will hold back the coins they have. So all of the decisions were in each person.
Farahtenan

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 03:23:10 AM

If we are good at reading situations, holding the coin has a time limit according to our policy. So holding back and reading situations is the activity that we must do so that we can overcome the worst possibilities. Withholding without seeing, we will be blind and panic when we know the red market.
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 12:15:09 PM

I agree with you. This is a very uncertain strategy. On the one hand everything sounds good, you can make a good profit just by having patience. But the coin may not rise in price then. Perhaps it will not survive and then you miss the opportunity to profit from it. Therefore, study each coin separately, use a different strategy for each.
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:39:47 PM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

---------------------------------------
Web Development and Web Hosting for Cryptocurrency. PM me or click the link.
My account was hacked, look here.

Well, it is so simple when you hold something but you make it as your base cryptocurrency. It is always better to do something rather than just wait, What I mean is to do some daytrading and still earn profits out of it.

Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:30:20 PM

I also do not understand why many people advise hodl for a long time. I used to hodl until the time when the price suited me and then sold. But now I don’t see any sense in hodl any coins. Because in my opinion already such a time that they practically do not grow, but either stand in the price of one place or fall strongly in price.
many people hope to benefit more from the hold they do, but instead someone often experiences losses from their hold. I think this happens because of the greed that humans have, we are always tempted by the increase in prices that occur, so we decide to keep on holding back, without us realizing that all prices can suddenly decline without us knowing, and this is what causes a person to lose after holding back.
Al-e_x

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:37:16 PM

if only HOLD without maximum analysis. then that will make us lose. so. hold for a long time without analysis is bullshit. actually we hold to bullish not to die. but sometimes the market doesn't meet our expectations. even in the world of trading. fast play and fast analysis are very needed and even hold for a long time.
trapatalce (OP)

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 12:24:57 PM

Why not have to hold some altcoin or bitcoin, always hope best option way to make price is growing up and we have waiting until price is up by keep holding, without holding we will miss opportunity to get much profit.

Yeah, well, holding from $20,000 to $2,000 is not what I'd call a "profitable decision".
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:00:44 PM

In my opinion. holding it is necessary if conditions are not favorable for us. people hold coins because prices are too cheap. if we do not hold and force the will to sell, we will suffer losses.
If you buy when it is cheaper, you can gain profit right now. You have to know how much you are longing for to hold to avoid big losses. You are holding because you want to gain profit which is depend on your decision if you want longer term or make it short term and trade on the market.

candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

Hold is not a bad choice when the market experiences a decline in value that is getting lower, and hold can be a way to become a profit opportunity when the market grows, but that also depends on the quality of coins held.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:23:34 PM

Everybody decides what is holding. If someone hold a coin for several months for 40 percent profit it is also holding. If somebody holds coins for several years, you can call this holding as well. Believe in crypto guys and everybody gets the profit we deserved.
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:28:41 PM

There was a day that it's good to hold some coin for long-term but in facing bear market it's not safe to hold for a long day and now we are facing the unstoppable dropping price of crypto coins.

jpaul

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:40:11 PM

Thank you for this. I mean everywhere you are seeing people telling others to hold their coins and wait but one thing we are not seeing is the fact that people can actually not hodl any coins if they choose to. You can sell if you know that you cannot take the market that is currently on a rollercoaster ride. There is no shame in getting out while you can

meloman4u

Activity: 434
Merit: 156

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:12:05 PM

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the HOLD. Remember the price of bitcoin a couple of years ago. Do you think this profit is insufficient?
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:23:10 PM

It still depends on the individual choice I just read one guy who put $50k to one coin and promised to hold it for two years because he believes he can make a lot of money from holding his coins that long, not all who holds are stupid, they just believe to much on the coin they are investing.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:26:57 PM

Every crypto coin has his own potential, and purpose of creating, which end up buying and selling process on the Crypto industrial platform, secondly HODL of alt-coin where the price is less than ICO price is a right decision to take, by HODL for a long period of time.
Prettymie

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:29:23 PM

HODL is the most misunderstood strategy in the history of mankind and probably the dinosaurs. HODLing doesn't mean HOLD UNCONDITIONALLY, it means hold until you thing it's profitable, until you think "'I've lost enough", until you need the money, until you decide to buy a different cryptocurrency, etc...

People are asking online for help and the only advice they get is "HODL", preaching it like it's the holy bible.. Stop with the non-sense and start giving people real advice.

Example of real advice: I wouldn't sell right now, but there doesn't seem to be much hope for Bitcoin in the near future, keep that in mind.

If you say that, instead of mindlessly shouting "HODL" at the top of your lungs, the person who asked will take it into consideration much more and you will actually encourage them to do more research on what the asked, because intelligence inspires intelligence. Shouting HODL inspires stupidity and ignorance.

Hodl has many meaning and being a crypto investors it's your own decision to do what you want in your coins. Holding will keep your coins in your wallet but you will lose the value on it if you will not sell it at the right time. Just don't be greedy and everything will be alright.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: