Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:40:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using bitcoin without internet  (Read 2606 times)
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:11:58 PM

I expect a lot to have been said on most media on the satellite procedure but this is the only one have seen for now. I also think the paper wallet can only be issued using internet, so internet will always be important in cryptocurrency but the Idea to reach the unreached in cryptocurrency is good to enlarge the community.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 09:14:33 PM

A major step towards greater proliferation
Let's make the BTC affordable for all people
Even people in remote villages who do not have access to the Internet
The effect of this move will appear when the market start thrives.
bagsat
Copper Member

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:06:33 AM

Bitcoin using without internet would be a lot of benifits specially for those who are in remote areas where internet provider cant reach there subscription.

jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 02:17:19 AM

Bitcoin using without internet would be a lot of benifits specially for those who are in remote areas where internet provider cant reach there subscription.

The problem is that bitcoin wont work without internet but your are right  .  we need a currency simillar to cryptos that is not fully dependable to internet so that people who dont have an internet can also use it  .  

If bitcoin or crypto should be use without internet,  that means one can do an offline transaction of bitcoin.
But, my question will be....can exchanges also be used and operated without internet as in offline exchanges?

A big no . you need an internet to access websites online .  so how can you visit exchangers if you are offline ?  But when btc or any other crypto can be exported offline and can be printed to metals or papers .  i guess there will also an offline exchangers were you can trade or exchange your coins , simillar to banks that we are using for our traditional currencies today .
jeremyscott

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

will a different platform be created specially for satellite users?
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:48:07 AM

Using bitcoin without internet would mean a good thing to the over all development and wide spread adoption of bitcoin.
This is because most people who not have access to Internet or funds for internet subscription will now be able to use bitcoin without worrying their heads over having funds for internet subscription or not.
It is a good thing if it's possible.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:17:12 AM

example of those benefits? because I cant see any benefits of using bitcoin without an internet, bitcoin and cryptocurrency requires internet to make a good transaction even when the cryptocurrency innovate for having a ATM transaction it requires still an internet.
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

Bitcoin transactions undependable to the Internet would be a big step and would probably be a history. The idea is good but I don't think that it is going to happen any sooner. This kind of development might took years before the success of its implementation. For long years, bitcoin had been traded and exchanged  and Internet is very much needed to perform all of these and I'm sure that the Internet dependency had been talked about.

So far, ATMs are the latest development when it comes to the bitcoin usage.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:22:56 PM

Using Bitcoin without the internet will make Bitcoin transaction more secured. Working offline will make it hard for hackers to see what one is doing. It will be a good development
I don't think it really guarantees, even though you use bitcoin offline, the risk of stealing the bitcoin you have is still open. And until now everyone uses bitcoin as a system to get profits, only a few people use it as a tool for transactions that are constantly being used every day. So that, the internet will always be needed by every bitcoin user, for those who do not need protection, maybe only someone who wants to invest long-term and uses hardware wallet.
Isiaka208
Copper Member

Activity: 411

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:56:08 PM

I don't see that happening reason being that bitcoin is internet money or currency. How will the blocks confirm transactions? What about exchanges? 

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

I am still a little hesitant about that, because I still think the internet is the life of other bitcoin and crypto,
but if there really is something that could allow using bitcoin without the internet it would certainly be the next big discovery
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:31:21 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh

can you give ideas which country use bitcoin without internet? internet connection as know is useful even in the rural or demote areas a are now using internet connection. the intention of using bitcoin without internet is good but we need to understand internet is fast growing widely in progress for the convience of every country and of ther people's.
samle

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:21:54 PM

That would be very good and helpful for many people in many countries that have internet connection problem to access to crypto currency. However, I don't really believe it will be reached, I am worry that it is just a mid day dream. As we know that crypto currency is much depending on internet connections. In addition, if this can be reached, I think that this is very advanced technology.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 11:22:58 PM

I am still a little hesitant about that, because I still think the internet is the life of other bitcoin and crypto,
but if there really is something that could allow using bitcoin without the internet it would certainly be the next big discovery
We are mostly engage into internet and we are in the computer era, that could be some reason of digital creation(crypto). Without this(internet) it is totally useless and nothing happen, everything will seems to be paralyzed. That is why some remote areas where never been in touch with Bitcoin just because the lack of internet and computers.
Coin-Desk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

Yes, you can use bitcoin without internet. You just download a dekstop wallet for holding your bitcoin. After download you can use your bitcoin without internet. Bitcoin using without internet is really so amazing for us. Some people thought it is not possible to use bitcoin without internet. But it is really possible.

We know that, there are many place in the world where internet not working properly. So this technology you can use in those area. You can use your bitcoin without internet.

Best regards
Coin-Desk

santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:02:26 AM

Another advance of technology once this happened to the world and this wil boost the popularity and usage of BITCOIN.
One main problem of cryptocurrency is really the dependency to Internet connection which transaction can not be made.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:49:11 AM

Yes, you can use bitcoin without internet. You just download a dekstop wallet for holding your bitcoin. After download you can use your bitcoin without internet. Bitcoin using without internet is really so amazing for us. Some people thought it is not possible to use bitcoin without internet. But it is really possible.

We know that, there are many place in the world where internet not working properly. So this technology you can use in those area. You can use your bitcoin without internet.

Best regards
Coin-Desk

cool . do you know the name of that software ? if yes can you please share it to us so that we can also experience what you already had.  i live in the area where internet is accesible but the problem is that the data charges on our country is so expensive  .  using bitcoin offline can be a good solution to our problems  but it might take a long wait for that to  be implemented because the adoption of bitcoin is not yet a widespread and many countries do still restricts the use of it .
mweezy

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:58:24 PM

Blockstream Satellite Now Means Most Of The World Can Use Bitcoin Without Internet. What's your opinion on this one? Do you see it as progress or not? Huh
This is really technology improvement for bitcoin as it well be more easy for people how are interested in getting involve but they are backing off because they do have access to internet, so with this every interested people use it without the consumption of internet this is really technology improvement to cryptocurrency.
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1428
Merit: 358

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:49:42 PM

That advancement will take more time because we still not have enough technology to do it but I am sure that we can use bitcoin in our daily transaction even there is no internet. More users will attract to use bitcoin if it can use even there is no internet.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 01:59:57 PM

This is awesomw and we can aay that it will finally change everything from social media into business transactions but as we can see this will require so much advancement that most of the people may not be able to commit in a short period of time and we can say that it will be a cause of disturbances and disruption if we may not be able ro acquire, and this may not be a health invention for everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: