Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:25:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump  (Read 23318 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:44:40 PM

You are proposing too many regulations to avoid dump. The main reason for dump is the market situation.
I am an investor in several projects ( good ones ) where the bounty hunters still has not got their rewards only the
investors. And the investors dumped it much under ICO price. So, I think that the market always decides and
there is no need to over regulate things. Your proposals are good to prevent double accounts but will not save
the project from dumping their tokens.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:52:23 PM

Yes mate, you have made good points, most especially point no. 7. I came across an ICO that used that strategy and I believe ut will work well for it. Although, the supply is high and with such, that is what will help and prevent it from dumping. When the team of a project understand the market and know the approach useful to prevent unnecessary backdrop of the project, then the better.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:59:20 PM

I agree, but such ICO should be protected from both bounty hunters and investors, because very often investors drain the tokens first.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:00:17 AM

Most points I can agree, it will help to reduce big dumps, but I have to disagree completely here:

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced
I don't know why so many times KYC is wanted if it comes to call out measures to prevent something. It's a big misunderstanding. A KYC should never be required for a bounty, because it will help all scammers which are purchasing stolen KYC documents illegally.
And if the scammers don't want to buy stolen documents, they set up a fake ICO with KYC and collect KYC from others.

KYC is no solution to prevent scammers from joining. A good bounty manager is required who does his research and kicks out cheaters immediately.

Smiley Smiley
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:08:04 AM

is it not only bounty hunters that sell their coins investors too. they have big bonus for purchasing early and they sell it when coin list exchange and they can have profit. good projects will recover if it is really have potential but it won't recover overnight.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 12:19:52 AM

is it not only bounty hunters that sell their coins investors too. they have big bonus for purchasing early and they sell it when coin list exchange and they can have profit. good projects will recover if it is really have potential but it won't recover overnight.
Actually the dump happened because it did not occur because of bounty hunters. but the real investor is making a dump. Because they have nothing to lose if they sell coins. As you said, they (investors) have a big bonus. If the bounty participant who causes a dump, I don't think it is right, because the bounty participants have a large allocation of maybe 2%. With that there is no possibility of a dump.

Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:05:03 AM

I personally have nothing against all items except KYC. it’s not because I don’t want to throw off the scammers, but because I don’t want to send my personal data. now very often this data is used for other purposes and can be sold
If you check all good ICO's all of them are have KYC even in their bounty program. One of the way to avoid the token to dump is they lock the token for bounty program because some bounty hunters dump always the price and sometime they distribute it little by little.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:09:37 AM

It is very hard to determine which one is the good ICO because the ICO coin only can be used in trading, there are only small percentage that being used in real life, and I disagree with the kyc, crypto should stay anonymous and its dangerous to give your identity to unknown people

Dumping has been a major problem in ICO, people nowadays don't care about the project anymore, they only want to make profit as soon as possible, so when it hit the exchanges they will sell it immediately, I think limiting the daily distribution could at least make the dumping effect not to severe
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:16:38 AM

All your points are good but not the number 2 where KYC is mandatory, it is ok for investors but not for bounty hunters we have seen so many ICO come and go just like that if you participated on those ICO you now have to wonder what happens to your confidential details, that's putting your life to risk.
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:22:57 AM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

of all this can hardly be done by the project owner, and indeed the market is no longer good, not because of the ICO.
cattano

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:26:52 AM

That is what we have to do, protecting any good project is really good for the future of cryptocurrency, but with the part of KYC should also be applied to the bounty participant, i think that is really un-necessary, after all the work that had been done by the bounty participant, and their patient to follow the project until it reach success on the selling, and they should done a KYC, making them harder to get what they deserve. For that part i disagree.
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:32:11 AM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.
There is even a project that's been determined by things like this but the result remains the same. ICO is nice even experienced a price drop not because they don't deserve it but because of other factors such as a fall or their platform at the moment is the falling price of crypto so as to make the lower price or the wasted time of entry in the market.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 03:40:04 AM

Yes, you are right. Investors and bounty hunters will definitely want the best price from what they have. If the marketing and sales strategy is right, plus good market acceptance, the price of the token or coin will surely develop in a positive direction.

kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:44:17 AM

I like the idea in protecting a good ICO, but even after thorough research on those ICO, we can't really sure if the project will be success after the ICO ended, and if the KYC being made mandatory for that, i believe it could endanger everyone, many people's personal data could get snatch away if the ICO is a scam.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:46:55 AM

The points you mentioned are indeed true but sometimes many investors make a mistake by pressing the ICO team and developers to quickly listing tokens in the market after the sale is completed. They consider all easy whereas all projects require a long process. As investors we must also have thoughts that invest in ICO is not forever we'll be in profit. So all the bad possibilities should also think from the beginning.
zero714309

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:51:53 AM

That is what we have to do, protecting any good project is really good for the future of cryptocurrency, but with the part of KYC should also be applied to the bounty participant, i think that is really un-necessary, after all the work that had been done by the bounty participant, and their patient to follow the project until it reach success on the selling, and they should done a KYC, making them harder to get what they deserve. For that part i disagree.
Kyc just to minimize the scammers. Sometimes the rules is quite helpful but also quite troublesome because in approve also takes time. I personally also confused how to respond to this, it is necessary but it also troublesome.
zero714309

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:58:46 AM

I personally have nothing against all items except KYC. it’s not because I don’t want to throw off the scammers, but because I don’t want to send my personal data. now very often this data is used for other purposes and can be sold
If you check all good ICO's all of them are have KYC even in their bounty program. One of the way to avoid the token to dump is they lock the token for bounty program because some bounty hunters dump always the price and sometime they distribute it little by little.
I'm experiencing what you're talking about. Some of the bounty that I follow requires kyc and tokens are not distributed overall but gradual. The bad side is a lot of bounty hunter which considers the project as a scam because team stopped of the distribution but on the positive side they're trying to control price but the actual allocation of bounty is not too much so there is no thing to much worried.
guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:07:42 AM

What you propose in my opinion is very good. But if all that is done, but the price of ICO coins is still down, of course, this is the worst thing. I think we should see investors holding the biggest coins. And the crypto-coin market conditions such as Bitcoin and Ethereum also affect ICO coin prices.
Kang Bahar

Activity: 504
Merit: 115

Silent Reader~

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 04:07:50 AM

I strongly oppose KYC for airdrop and or bounty participants. Because the dumping prices are not only by the airdrop/bounty participants, but short-terms investor also play a role in dumping the price in the market.
So, no matter how good and strong the project is, the team will have difficulty to protect the dumping price of their coin.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:43:22 AM

The proposed measures, I think, are partially unreal, and in another part they will not give the expected effect. What is the use of freezing tokens received by investors? As soon as they are unfrozen, the token will immediately fall in price. On one ICO, I saw a good option in this regard: they indicate in advance that the tokens for investors will be frozen for three, six and nine months depending on the percentage of the bonus received. The higher the discount percentage, the longer the freezing period of the token. This option of freezing is likely to bring some results.
With respect to bounty hunters, there should be no KYC checks. This is illegal and has no effect. At the same time, it is a good tool for ICO teams, so that a significant proportion of bounty hunters do not pay out the tokens they have earned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: