Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:17:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump  (Read 23318 times)
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 08:22:45 AM

The proposed measures, I think, are partially unreal, and in another part they will not give the expected effect. What is the use of freezing tokens received by investors? As soon as they are unfrozen, the token will immediately fall in price. On one ICO, I saw a good option in this regard: they indicate in advance that the tokens for investors will be frozen for three, six and nine months depending on the percentage of the bonus received. The higher the discount percentage, the longer the freezing period of the token. This option of freezing is likely to bring some results.
With respect to bounty hunters, there should be no KYC checks. This is illegal and has no effect. At the same time, it is a good tool for ICO teams, so that a significant proportion of bounty hunters do not pay out the tokens they have earned.
Freezing of tokens does work. When tokens are locked and released gradually, it makes it better. It is not as if tokens will not or do not dump, but one of the strategies to prevent serious dump, is the gradually release of bonus. Over time, i have noticed that the bonuses given out during investment, sometimes gives investors more reasons to sell below ICO price, because they have something to fall back on.
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:54:44 PM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.
Good idea and suggestions. One of the acts that bring about mistrust in a project and which can also drive down the price is not following or working with the milestone of the project. If the team of a project is nit sincere enough, instead of being opened to inform the community the challenges they are facing, they will then begin tyo ignore questions asked by the community members.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 02:04:13 PM

Your points are all too good to be true we are lucky if all your points are being taken up by these ICO some of them failed to communicate or took a lot of time to update their investors after the ICO, the update is very frequent when they are looking for investors, but stop after they generate the funds.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

ICO might be good in term of proposal but they might not get actual amount needed to further the project and ones such ICO give huge discount for investors and also allocate huge amount of token for bounty, Such ICO can get dump when listed. The moral of the study is to keep your mouth where it is safe. many project allocated huge bonuses and discount for token and ones they realize they will not be able to comply with this. they will start having problem with hunters and investors.
dainoran

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:16:46 PM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

I agree with the points you have given, indeed we must choose and study the ICO Project carefully so that we can benefit from the ICO project.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:47:40 PM

Admitted or not every ICO's will never avoid to being dumped because after listed to an exchange we cannot force people to hold their tokens especially if the price good to be considered i think most of investors too will sell their tokens but the problem is whether those ICO's can able to recover the price or not and if the tokens can through it and can recover the price after dumped then i'm pretty sure it can be called as good ICO's
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 03:48:08 PM

In the reality you can't do that easily, whenever the ecosystem is in bear market then you cannot do anything unless you will buy more with same price (if you treated your money like a piece of paper).
Additional suggestion:
for point 4, do you know how much fees to get in to reliable and reputable sites? if they only reach the softcap I think it's hard to get a exchange like that, for me development is more important than exchange, and development done you the marketing plan will do the job and after that they will get good exchange for sure

for point 6 I think most of project do that, but the community keep asking the same question that make the dev is tired too to reply it, and actually roadmap is only estimates especially if the project do licensing for the product, they cannot be predict to exact date.

For point 7 if the project do that, they should announce earlier to their rules, but remember if you do that thing the project will not attract lot investor because why the hell we paid and they lock our money, you can do that for bounty participant but remember only few of them will not join in because they want fast money in other words you will lost lot of advertiser for that thing. For team and advisor I think they have term for holding the token, like it must be locked for period of time and after that they can sell it.
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:02:13 PM

In the crypto market every ICOs will go dump after the listing because now the market is going on bear market. As, know this asset class is very volatile so very quickly react to the market.
In most projects, this is true; indeed, most projects today are really losing the value of their assets when they enter the stock exchange, so I think that it would be best to deal with buying these assets.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 07:36:27 PM

I am supporter of this idea. I think that the teams that take their project seriosly should do buybacks to guarantee a certain price floor. But in terms of BTC price.
USD price can't be sustained in cases of severe bear markets, like the current one.
jan.nicolas

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:13:44 PM

I am supporter of this idea. I think that the teams that take their project seriosly should do buybacks to guarantee a certain price floor. But in terms of BTC price.
USD price can't be sustained in cases of severe bear markets, like the current one.
As far as I remember, this was generally possible, because earlier in the conditions of investing in projects such opportunities were prescribed and it was generally a normal situation. Let's see what will happen next with the market.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 03:29:39 PM

Additional suggestion:

good idea, there are lots of good ICO in the market that has been ended up on having a bad price because of dumping due to lack of protection, therefore many investors dont want to invest anymore because they might know that their money would be ended to loss of value and by the statement above it can be resolve.
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:42:28 AM

therefore many ICO projects have a good future, delaying listings on exchangers, maybe this is one of their strategies in preventing dumps.

miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:52:10 AM

I agree with our point of view, these factors are really important to make a successful ICO, but there are some top projects which followed all the rules and their token price was still dumped due to the market conditions.
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:32:59 AM

To protect the project from dump, first of all, you need to sell coins only to professional large investors, or educated small ones, otherwise investors will always dump the price.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:34:25 AM

You want to regulate and control the crypto market? And where is the decentralization what everyone wants?
Soon or later your strategy will be broken because you can´t support the price forever.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jan.nicolas

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 04:17:19 PM

therefore many ICO projects have a good future, delaying listings on exchangers, maybe this is one of their strategies in preventing dumps.
I think that there is already a solution today, today the market already offers a normal number of projects that can solve problems with ICO, but as you see today the market has fallen and as far as I understand, it simply does not make sense for them to withdraw funds for development.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:52:18 PM

Additional suggestion:

This is a useful comprehensive list. How i wished that the respective stakeholders,  who have one thing or the other to do with projects in the crypto space, would see this.
There is need to endure that modalities are put in place, to ensure that the value of coins are maintained. That is for coins that truly have value.
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 11:57:49 PM

there are many dumper that dump some token for their advantages. actually, its better if you place order little higher than the last of token sold. its like pump little by little, and do for every coin.
when in sell my own, i try to place it higher, take a long time but its work, you can punch that price slowly.
price can be broke because people sell their coin after receive it. its not good for investor, sometimes they got loss

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
PDAngel

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:35:46 AM

You have point but what you are aiming is somewhat impossible. Here are few reasons why I said that it is impossible.

- Most of ICO's will put atleast 2-3 percent of their total supply to allocate for bounty participants. In this scenario controlling the bounty hunters not to dump their tokens is very impossible. They have the freedom to choose what they want to do with their tokens.
- Once the token will reach to any exchange whether it is a better exchange or not. The volume is still important, buy section should be higher than sell section to avoid too much dump of tokens.
- Even if all what you have mentioned will be executed correctly without any issues. You cannot still stop the investors to hold their token as their are investors that put a target value when to sell their tokens as long as they are already earning a good profit.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:23:38 AM

That is truly good that some good ICO will be protected from sudden dump ,so that the new token could properly be promoted and can get  at least the highest value of tokens in the coin market cap ,because the dumping of tokens in the market cause a falldown of price value of that certain token.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: