Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump  (Read 23318 times)
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:28:10 AM

I am thinking how will an ICO be protected with dumps. When a coin got distributed, the coin holder has every right to sell the coin. I think we should just accept how the market goes. The only way we can help is to keep holding and stop selling at the low price, that will be enough and we should accept what the market has to offer.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:18:19 AM

We only have one problem. How does the ICO project show that it is authentic and reliable? I believe that ICO projects that can solve this problem can get the best attention and development.

He just said something on how to protect good ico from dump. But it is another topic if we will going to consider how reliable an ICO is. What we need to do is to also research about it and try to figure out accusation if there is.
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:43:16 AM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

You have brilliant step but I'm afraid market has their own answer. We all know market is the main part, we can see which one will survive and I believe we need pump not dump. Like or not dump can create demand to buy strong or recovery asset but if running in long term period the story will be different. Developer, investor and bounty hunter only can follow the trend not create trend.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:47:00 AM

I agree with your all points and also there should be limit for number of participants in the bounty campaign & the hunters should also be rewarded at the same time when investors get tokens. In the past generally communities used to deceived by ICOs to blame bounty hunters for the non performance of the token on exchange but things are changing bounty hunters are getting late token as their rewards still price of token is dumping around 70% to 95%. Check recent good & hyped ICOs whose price dropped drastically Dxchain, Tolar, Hyperquant etc & the tokens were dumped by the investors only.

Panzersin

Activity: 901
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:51:17 AM

Just let you know OP, the most and biggest reason why a token got dumped (mostly after it listed on exchange) it's because DEV's fault. They didn't give any update about their project with investor's money. After that, people will lose their faith about that project and they decided to sell all of their token to prevent bigger loss if that really happened

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄           ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀            ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄█▀           ▀█▄       ▄███████████████▄
  █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     █▀    ▄▄████▄▄   ▀█     █▀▄██    ██    ██▄▀█     █▀   ██████████  ▀█     █▀   ████████▄▄  ▀█     ███████████████████
 █     ███████████   █   █     ██████████    █   █  ▐███  ████  ███▌  █   █     ████▀▀▀▀▀▀    █   █     ███████████   █   █████████████████████
▐▌     ████  ░████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▀  ▀████   ▐▌ ▐▌   ███▌██████▐███   ▐▌ ▐▌     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████   ████   ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █▌ ▄ ▐█ ▐██ ▐██▌
▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐▌    ████▄  ▄████   ▐▌ ▐▌    ████████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ██████████    ▐▌ ▐▌     ████████▀▀    ▐▌ ▐█▌ ▄▄ █  ▀  █ ▐██ ▐██▌
 █     ████          █   █     ██████████    █   █     ████  ████     █   █     ████          █   █     ████▀████▄    █   █▌ ▀▀ ▌ ▐█▌ ▐   █   █
  █▄   ████        ▄█     █▄    ▀▀████▀▀   ▄█     █▄    ██    ██    ▄█     █▄   ██████████  ▄█     █▄   ████  ▀████ ▄█    ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄            ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀█▄           ▄█▀       ▀███████████████▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀           ▀▀█████████▀▀

.POWER. PLAY

██       ██████████
         ████    ██ █ ▄▄▄█       █
        ██████   █   █▀  ██    █████
       ████████  ██ █    █ ████████████
████████████████████    ██   ██████████
███████████████████    █      ████████
  █████████▄▄▄████▌   █ █▀█▄  ████████
   ███████▀   ██ █     █   █▀█
    ███████▄    █     █   █   █
   ████████▀█         █ █▌█▐█ █
   ███████████    ▄    █▄ █  █
          ██████   ▀▄▄ ▄ █▄▄▄█
            █████▄    ▀   ▄█▀
            █████▀████████▀
EURO
MILLIONS

████  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████  ██

██  ████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  ████

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

Some investors are afraid to hold, because they do not know what will happen next, which is more reason some of them dump all that they have without a second thought. I feel if investors can be reassured that there won't be much or any loss, they they might hodl, but the reassurance must be backed up with evidences and proofs on how it will be done.
Sissebrahima

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:06:55 PM

A good ICO will not be able to protect itself from falling prices in the general fall of the crypto market. How can ICO protect itself from falling? Definitely need to reserve funds to support your token. To resort to active manipulations on the crypto exchanges is what will stop the new tokens from ICO from falling prices. And even to the growth of prices and increased investor interest.
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:22:09 PM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

All of your tips and advise was really quite and good Pal. But even the ico project token will be list into a reputable exchange, we cannot say that it can't dump anymore. Due to once the token has been list into an exchange platform, we cannot stop the decision of the traders who wants to sell their coins holding.
thinkright
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:42:16 PM

This is more focused on bounty and its influence on a dump. token lockups also work well in keeping the price a stable. The true is investors dump due to the bonuses they receive during pre-sale.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 06:45:52 PM

That is truly good that some good ICO will be protected from sudden dump ,so that the new token could properly be promoted and can get  at least the highest value of tokens in the coin market cap ,because the dumping of tokens in the market cause a falldown of price value of that certain token.
The fall of tokens after integration on the stock exchange really causes a recession to this project. In any case, today it is best to understand that this is a standard situation, because a very large number of people sell tokens and coins.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2018, 07:05:14 PM

Additional suggestion:

Those are ban aid solutions above not even eth and bitcoin are spared when we talked about dumping coins or tokens. And no projects will be exempted, when a token or alt coins is listed in exchanges the price will be out of control by the developers. As the market will decided the price of the tokens or coin. Only when the project starts to deliver the roadmap and having an actual use case of the tokens or products. It's when the demand and the price will increase.
daniel.roman

Activity: 130
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:11:28 PM

To me the principal aspect to invest in an ICO is if there is a real company behind it. This will no guarante anything but is a must
cryptodukeguy

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:11:54 PM

All suggestions make sense in general. But in real world it is hard even to find a good ICO Smiley and I'm not talking about the suggestions themselves.

I am kind in the same position  but I still believe that there are some really good ICOS like w12, MPCX, TAPCoin and I guess many more which we do not know.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:16:00 PM

Attime I laugh when I see some post on this forum, there is little developers and managers can do, even government was unable to stop crime, with all the power at their disposal, the IP block can easily be circumvent by VPN. For me there is nothing developers can dow hen someone decided to sell a token they bought at $1 for $0.001. The only issue I have with ICO developers is over valuation of their projects
iknowsatoshe

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:16:21 PM

I am thinking how will an ICO be protected with dumps. When a coin got distributed, the coin holder has every right to sell the coin. I think we should just accept how the market goes. The only way we can help is to keep holding and stop selling at the low price, that will be enough and we should accept what the market has to offer.

I disagree. That sounds terrible! Why accept their fate and not act!? Good ICOs control the dumpening by taking matters into their own hands and not allowing the release of the free bounty tokens just when the ico ends. There is not even value other than some lines of code at that point. Good ICOs work hard to create value for their token and great ICOs have an already working business model and just move to the blockchain space to improve their services like TapNetwork did.
niublity

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 07:35:05 AM

These opinions can't solve the problems faced by ICO. It is meaningless to know your customers. ICO can only survive if it is supervised. Otherwise, there will be no investor investor ICO projects in the future.

jan.nicolas

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:24:30 PM

To me the principal aspect to invest in an ICO is if there is a real company behind it. This will no guarante anything but is a must
I support you, today investing in projects is a responsible procedure, because at any moment you may simply be deceived. Therefore, try today to test and analyze projects before investing and get ready to be deceived.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:30:11 PM

There will be always dumpers, you cannot protect them from them.
In many cases investors dump their coins if they are in panic of the market situation.
Some people invest more than that they can afford to lose and we are facing difficult times on the market.
jan.nicolas

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:23:07 PM

There will be always dumpers, you cannot protect them from them.
In many cases investors dump their coins if they are in panic of the market situation.
Some people invest more than that they can afford to lose and we are facing difficult times on the market.
Hard times are just beginning. Look at how the stock market works today. I think it's best to try to continue to work with stock markets. Today, in general, it is considered normal if your deposit falls.
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:33:01 PM

1. KYC - This procedure does not protect investors or non-hunters. First a young man what year do you live in? 2019 almost. Personal data sale occurs every day. And falling on it, you also send your data to the world network. Imagine 500 hunters. Who have undergone the procedure. Their data are then simply sold. As well as investor data. Only on this already fraudsters can secure a stable income.

2.  In the age of the Internet and hackers. Do you want us to pass ip address verification? I think you are crazy. As we all know, each of the participants in this forum can be in love with being attacked by a hacker. And may lose their money. Let's simplify their tasks.

Only a narrow-minded person could provide such data to us.

The ISO problem is not hunters. And in people who are trying to steal investors' money. Create projects without a product. Create projects without ideas and demand investments.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: