Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:16:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good ICOs should be protected from dump  (Read 23318 times)
hellyah070
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:38:01 AM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

4. Listing should be done on reliable and reputable exchange sites.

5. There should be regular and prompt communication with the community.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

Upon reading this topic, I wonder whether token or coin lockup is necessary to keep the price in a stable position where it can be highly profitable in the market? Am I correct? Or somehow, maybe lock up is not really necessary?
triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 12:22:56 PM

it is very difficult to find ico which has no dump, most ico always give a fairly long profit but after there are issues or other things, most of the ico prices are immediately uprooted, maybe the one who keeps the dump is a stable coin themed ico
Rapidgator

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:33:20 PM

it is very difficult to find ico which has no dump, most ico always give a fairly long profit but after there are issues or other things, most of the ico prices are immediately uprooted, maybe the one who keeps the dump is a stable coin themed ico
Market sentiment right now does not help any of ICO projects. Look, even when the project really is with new technology and the team is active most people see daily red numbers and they don't think about risking it into alts.
mbluxs

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 11:37:11 PM

indeed today is very difficult. even just to get profits is very rare because of course when the initial listing many ico actually destroyed the price because of the current market in a bad condition
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:10:43 AM

Market conditions make all ICO collapse. And to protect ICO coins, I think this is very difficult because of unfavorable market conditions. So that everyone, when they get a token, would want to immediately sell coins.

don't you think that ICOs collapse not because of market conditions but because of lack the real usage of their ideas?

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Rapidgator

Activity: 509

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:14:10 PM

Unfortunately at the moment with ICOs it is a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water. The market has little regards for what people have perceived as quality ICOs and in fact the only way to remain immune to the market rout was to postpone listing until conditions have improved.
now there are indeed many ICOs that have failed, so that last year until now it was not the right time and waited until conditions improved.
the market is really bad but can't give up because I'm sure the future will improve and ICO can be better, many projects are successful, optimistic and always enthusiastic.
And the last year showed us that only best of ICO projects are worth investing not the "good ones". I think the reality after bubble may be hard for some newbie people but it really isn't, there were just too many bad ICO project that looked great.
lolgato1

Activity: 793

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:23:15 PM

Everything what you wrote is nice, but ICOs do not have enough money to manipulate the price after listing and they do not care about the price. Some of them care about the product, so they invest all money into development and some of them do not care about nothing and they completely leave the project. It is easy to collect money in ICO sale, but it is hard to become successful after ICO phase. So be careful, ICOs are very risky!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:25:48 PM

Of course, this is correct and in terms of honesty today there is such a need. But if you focus on the fact that today all the same there is a need to just do the project and then sell the tokens on the exchange. I think it would not be entirely correct.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:01:59 PM

I believe the counter measures mentioned in OP are practised by some ico projects but we still see dump in price. I think it is a matter of the marketcap, but well suggested OP.
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:05:09 PM

I agree with the terms you wrote but I think it a project is good enough, even if it dumps when it lists on the exchange, it will still find it way to moon if the team is serious enough and the invest in the product.

VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:31:27 PM

I agree with you, but on the other hand, investors themselves often sell tokens after ICO. I only sometimes see ICOS that people have invested in in the long run.

adamreb

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:52:53 AM

After careful research, when you see a good ICO, you would know and there will be no doubt about it.
I have noticed that good ICOs also dump after listing, competing with crap ones that have no definite direction, but to cart away funds.
There are ways in which they can be protected and prevent unreasonable dump in price. Some of which are:

1. They should be managed by credible and trusted managers, managers that already have good reputation on the forum, else the trust might not be there.

2. KYC should be made mandatory for all bounty and airdrop participants in order to avoid multiple accounts. The kyc should be announced

3. Participants should be made to complete the remaining process of their registrations on the project's website, where IP can be detected. Multiple accounts can also be prevented this way.

6. Projects should maintain and comply to their roadmaps and if there is amendment, the community should be made to know, with concrete reasons.

Additional suggestion:
7. An approach that will create the demand for tokens, which can as well prevent dump, is the lockup of certain percentage of the tokens.
Some percentage of the tokens belonging to; the team, advisors, investors, promoters and bounty participants.
The main tokens for the investors should be released, at least to compensate them for the money invested, but their bonuses should be locked for certain period of time. Which is followed by their gradual release.

These are just few among so many other solutions, but if this few are integrated into the system, i believe dump can be minimized if not totally eliminated.

I like the idea of continuing to protect good projects from dump, to provide sufficient support for them. But in fact you need to understand - it is very difficult to determine in advance which ICO projects will be successful. But mandatory KYC can be a problem for the market, putting at risk the protection of users' personal data.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 05:13:06 AM

Gone are the days of good ICOs ,they don't exist anymore unless its a security tokens like STO ,we need a new way to handle ICO or else its goodbye for ICO 

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:16:49 AM

all the reasons you mentioned are very cornering the bounty hunter, even though you also need to know that causes dump prices not only to bounty hunters, it can also be investors who make their prices dump
investors who get the biggest bonus at the beginning are usually the ones who first get their tokens and they can make the dump, even if the new coin / token is in an exchange with a good reputation, the dump cannot be avoided

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:30:11 AM

Really agree with your opinion, almost of ICO project always dump after listing their coin at exchange market, they could protect their token from dump and never have way how to make their coin raised up with buy back with their money.
cewekimut

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:57:42 AM

This is something that usually happens after ICO and that a dump occurs. And I don't think this is only caused by a bounty hunter but an investor who throws a coin. Because if of course investors have coins that are larger in number than the bounty hunter. However, some ICO projects prevent dumps. By the way, the total coins obtained by bounty hunters are sent every month for several months.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
harrypotpot
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:48:52 PM

Additional suggestion:

Its the personal responsibility of the investors, airdrop participat and bounty hunters that can keep the token in good shape. Also the team's management is the vital role to keep an eye on it.

TheCrimsonFucker

Activity: 617
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 05:15:13 PM

If you want to protect your investors, make the least effort to launch something with product or application, then allow the market and investors to judge and give the fair and balanced price! Many ICOs offer a huge amount of tokens and suddenly find themselves aimless, deliver nothing, do not know what to do. Smiley But perhaps, there are some ICOs, that the project did not leave the paper without any investment, for example, some DEXs.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:17:20 PM

We only have one problem. How does the ICO project show that it is authentic and reliable? I believe that ICO projects that can solve this problem can get the best attention and development.

Good question. These days it's difficult to know which ICO is genuine. Any ICO that wants to excel should first show good transparency to investors. While listing, maintain the initial ICO price and stay there.
moschinot

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 11:21:27 PM

I think that they need to figure out how they will support their development at the initial stage and this is the main question

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: