Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:42:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi's identity  (Read 426 times)
Agiravax (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:25:03 AM

Could it be possible that Heitler Jesse is Satoshi Nakamoto since he is the one who registered bitcoin.com, one year before the release of the "Bitcoin- A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" whitepaper (3/01/2009) and 8 months before the creation of the bitcoin.org domain (August 2008) ? Satoshi mentioned he started to work on bitcoin's code mid-2007.

https://i.redd.it/9vnykn8pig621.png
img: ownership of bitcoin.com registered in january 2008

H.J is from the UK and the first block mined includes the following text "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" (headline of the Times : UK newspaper). Moreover, the written english used by Satoshi in his posts and writtings is said to have british structure/words. Heitler studied computer science in Yalle University from which he graduated in 1997 and has been working with code since then. He has a very entreprenarial profile.

Besides, Satoshi's contribution and involvement in bitcoin seems to stop in mid-2010 and according to HJ's linkedin profile:

https://i.redd.it/r88oqoj3lg621.png

In April 2011, Nakamoto communicated with a bitcoin contributor, saying that he had "moved on to other things" (Wikipedia)

What is the real relationship between Heitler and bitcoin, if no coincidence?

Best,

Agiravax

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kopipe

Activity: 246
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:41:13 AM
Merited by vit05 (2)

Not a chance. Bitcoin.com was first registered in 2000.

コピペ copypaste
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:45:23 AM

What a way to kick off your bitcointalk forum process. Just curious did you open this account for this or have you been here before?  
 That aside the identity of satoshi should not be anyone's major headache excerpt you are a secret agent on a mission.
Bitcoin is there for you to invest or trade,  the market is also there for you to check an do your evaluation, the forum is here for you to assist you when you encounter challenges
Agiravax (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

kopipe: Does the article give the identity of the first owners of the domain? (I do not have a membership for WSJ and do not plan to).

kingpin4321: I do not consider btc just as a financial tool to eventually make money but mostly as a technological breakthrough.
It is way more fascinating for being what it is than for his intrinsic/market value...
Previous attempts as Hcash (1997) or bitgold (1998) using PoW are also precursors to what is btc and probably have strongly influenced its creation.

If you believe it doesn't matters to know who are the great scientists that have shaped this world, this very own opinion is up to you.

Japinat

Activity: 2954
Merit: 680

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

There's a lot of people who are eve claiming that they are the real satoshi.
The question is, is that really necessary? Well for me it's not , it would be exciting if satoshi will remain anonymous, besides
his technology is here and it's open source so anyone can benefit on it.

I also think that if he will reveal his name, he will not anymore leave a normal life, that's why he remains to be anonymous,  I guess.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:43:04 AM

Interesting analysis but I don't think this person is Satoshi. I believe the development of Bitcoin was not done by one person, it was done a group of people.  Please enough with this false speculations, the bitcoin space don't need this kind of speculations.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 12:02:47 PM

who the hell is "heitler"

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 12:16:02 PM

H.J is from the UK and the first block mined includes the following text "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks" (headline of the Times : UK newspaper). Moreover, the written english used by Satoshi in his posts and writtings is said to have british structure/words. Heitler studied computer science in Yalle University from which he graduated in 1997 and has been working with code since then. He has a very entreprenarial profile.

There is a ton of people out there who can write British English & study computer science.

Besides, Satoshi's contribution and involvement in bitcoin seems to stop in mid-2010 and according to HJ's linkedin profile:

For someone who loves to be anonymous to the core, it's pretty weird to see that "Satoshi" explicitly told his involvement. I'm pretty sure he won't do that. So no, this guy is not Satoshi I believe.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:36:06 PM

Why are you so interested with Satoshi? So finding him will not give you anything, in the conterary will take your time.
On the other hand even if you find who he is, nobody will not believe you.
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:49:54 PM

There is a ton of people out there who can write British English & study computer science.

Satoshi flitted between US and UK English. It's easily done, mostly just drop or add a few u's in to a few words.

As for Satoshi's true identity, I really do believe it is one of those things we'll never know.

If you believe it doesn't matters to know who are the great scientists that have shaped this world, this very own opinion is up to you.

Whoever Satoshi is clearly went to a lot of trouble to conceal they're identity, so while it may matter to you, clearly they think it does not matter.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 12:53:56 PM

for me it doesn't need to know who the real satoshi is, let him be a secret forever, the important thing is that we enjoy the technology now it's more than enough than looking for that has no benefit at all.
Agiravax (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:19:08 PM

My point is: Is it pure coincidence that this guy registered bitcoin.com + a company called bitcoin Ltd, officially for the same exact purpose and at the exact same period considering that nobody knew what btc will be back then ? After he and his team failed to raise fundings, he closed the company and moved on to something else, at the same time period than S.N. actually did.

I rose the question because I usually don't really believe in coincidences, and this one is quite particular...
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

My point is: Is it pure coincidence that this guy registered bitcoin.com + a company called bitcoin Ltd, officially for the same exact purpose and at the exact same period considering that nobody knew what btc will be back then ? After he and his team failed to raise fundings, he closed the company and moved on to something else, at the same time period than S.N. actually did.

I rose the question because I usually don't really believe in coincidences, and this one is quite particular...

Registered a company? Is there any valid proof that there is a company registered? How come satoshi will register a company for bitcoin whereas it's a p2p payment network that is powered by its users without central entity.

And it's said that satoshi created the site bitcoin.org not the .com domain.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:12:49 PM

There's a lot of people who are eve claiming that they are the real satoshi.
The question is, is that really necessary? Well for me it's not , it would be exciting if satoshi will remain anonymous, besides
his technology is here and it's open source so anyone can benefit on it.

I also think that if he will reveal his name, he will not anymore leave a normal life, that's why he remains to be anonymous,  I guess.

Its true, he wouldn't leave a normal life anymore after it.
It would be interesting to know who he is but I also don't want him to be revealed. Probably if I just knew him, make him prove by signing the message I think its would be enough for me. I can't promise not to reveal him though but I will definitely try not to. Smiley
Agiravax (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:13:52 PM

He did register the company "Bitcoin Ltd" along with 2 other people but in February 2009 (bitcoin.com in Jan 08):

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06831070/BITCOIN-LTD/companies-house-data
Perunex

Activity: 546
Merit: 111

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:16:06 PM

What a load of crap...

And besides, why are you people even looking at the identity of Sathoshi? He used a nickname for a reason and just let him be. Why does it even matter what his real name is?

╔═══[   ICO   ]═════| ▌    FABA invest    ▐ |═════[   AIRDROP   ]═══╗
⚫    POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING    ⚫
Whitepaper     Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium     Reddit     ANN Thread
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:25:11 PM

Satoshi disowned Bitcoin dot com here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88.msg806#msg806 He sounds a bit defensive with the post. as if to say "we didn't copy Bitcoin from the website"  

I have a feeling he didnt plan to be anonymous.
Anything is possible though.
Sometimes his writing looks like that of a well known person who still use this forum
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:34:01 PM

He did register the company "Bitcoin Ltd" along with 2 other people but in February 2009 (bitcoin.com in Jan 08):

But I find this company is unrelated to the bitcoin itself if it's not owned by satoshi. And based on the thread linked above then it's totally different.

I wonder if the purpose of that company is the same with the purpose of the current bitcoin.com as their descendants with ver lmao.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

I think some of us here are really interested with the true identity of Satoshi but is it really important that we must know the true identity of the creator of Bitcoin? There are some concepts that are invented and yet, the true creator of that concept didn't find any information about him/her. I think what is important now is Satoshi created a digital currency that can change the monetary system of the whole world Smiley.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Agiravax (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:43:20 PM

But I find this company is unrelated to the bitcoin itself if it's not owned by satoshi. And based on the thread linked above then it's totally different.

I wonder if the purpose of that company is the same with the purpose of the current bitcoin.com as descendants of ver lmao.

Since nobody know who is satoshi yet...

As mentioned in the thread, Heitler describe Bitcoin Ltd's activity on his linkedin profile starting as follow:
"The original concept for bitcoin was to create a more efficient payment system for the web [..]"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: