Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:33:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28067 times)
mattstyle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:43:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFW686_B8KY

really?

mattstyle

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:45:01 PM

Here's a guy turning a turbine generator with a 1.5 hp motor..  bad results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i6PBBcrwF0

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:50:55 PM

This thread is hilarious. I think it belongs in a "BitcoinTalk Comedy Hall of Fame" section.
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:54:17 PM

Nice video I like this one the unit is self powering 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzOhM4HsIeg

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:55:55 PM

This thread is hilarious. I think it belongs in a "BitcoinTalk Comedy Hall of Fame" section.

No just need the ill educated and idiots to post somewhere else. So the ones who understand can hold a conversation on how to setup and use alternate power systems.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:13:28 PM

Here's a guy turning a turbine generator with a 1.5 hp motor..  bad results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i6PBBcrwF0

Bad results were caused by under powering the PMG, They need much higher rpm to work correctly. 266-560 is the minimum rpm. This setup needs to run much higher rpm enough to equal a 45-55 mph wind.

fluxy12

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:33:46 PM

I like this who show how to produce magnetic elec with a simple fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sAJzjJ6ujE
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:37:43 PM

There is no way this guy isn't trolling. This is KenM level of stupid. We're all going to end up on r/whoosh or whatever r/AteTheOnion equivalent. There isn't a person on earth who understands how to use an inverter that thinks an inverter can increase wattage output. The only way to reverse entropy is to reverse time, stop trying to outsmart physics. The absolute maximum a gas driven generator can add to a system is the amount of energy in the gas that's being used. That's common fucking sense. Even if you convert 100% of the energy in gas to electricity and win the Nobel Prize for doing so, you're still paying more per kW than using the grid.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:58:41 PM

I like this who show how to produce magnetic elec with a simple fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sAJzjJ6ujE

That one was neat to watch, Almost all electric motors can be used as a generator or a motor it just depends on how you connect it, Spin a motor it will put out electric but apply electric to it and it now is a motor.

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:05:45 PM

If you have enough to spare you could run the electric motor from the inverter also which would then create a loop and run 100% free.

I just noticed this gem on the first page and it reminded me of images like this

evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:18:12 PM

The guy is helping you more profit, either you try it, or STFU.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:36:55 PM

Guys seriously. Just let this thread die. You can’t just use what is essentially an alternator to generate more power than you put in.

If you could. Everyone would just disconnect their house power. Hook up their handy dandy 100w motor to drive an alternator which would in turn power their house. But guess what. No one does that because it doesn’t fucking work.

Conservation of energy.

Notice how the OP has not posted any pictures or videos of his own setup outside of a diagram done up by his 4 year old son in Microsoft Paint. Cause it doesn’t fucking work and it doesn’t exist.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:45:46 PM

First I'm not a electrician but since I started mining I always wondered when I seen thoose 2000-3000w converter's is that it can take 12v battery and convert it into 2000w of 110 which is enough to run a rig or 2 so the question is how many batteries would you need to run it all day and whats the cheapest way of charging them just wondering also if this works and you have it setup post some pics or a video please

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:51:41 PM

First I'm not a electrician but since I started mining I always wondered when I seen thoose 2000-3000w converter's is that it can take 12v battery and convert it into 2000w of 110 which is enough to run a rig or 2 so the question is how many batteries would you need to run it all day and whats the cheapest way of charging them just wondering also if this works and you have it setup post some pics or a video please

Basic Electrics : P = I*V, power = current*volt

You can scale up 12v to 120v no problem. And with beefy equipment you can even handle a large power load. But when coming from a battery, It won’t last long. You’ll deplete the battery quickly. All you have to do it look at the Wh (watt-hr) rating of the battery to estimate how long until it’s empty

Cheapest way to charge them, long term, would be to invest in a large >2000w solar setup. Very expensive upfront, but on a long enough timeline it’ll become cheaper than paying from the outlet. But we’re talking timelines of many years.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:03:03 PM

You can scale up 12v to 120v no problem. And with beefy equipment you can even handle a large power load. But when coming from a battery, It won’t last long. You’ll deplete the battery quickly. All you have to do it look at the Wh (watt-hr) rating of the battery to estimate how long until it’s empty

Cheapest way to charge them, long term, would be to invest in a large >2000w solar setup. Very expensive upfront, but on a long enough timeline it’ll become cheaper than paying from the outlet. But we’re talking timelines of many years.
Thanks I was looking into solar I wish the panels weren't so expensive also one of those solar calculators said I would need a crazy amount of panels to power my whole house basically I would need panels on my whole roof and garage lets just say no one in my house knows the switches works both ways they think just on not to mention my son needs to empty the water heater everyday and I wont start on the dryer
ten9

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:17:54 PM

If you have enough to spare you could run the electric motor from the inverter also which would then create a loop and run 100% free.

I just noticed this gem on the first page and it reminded me of images like this

https://i2.wp.com/free-energi.com/1_06.jpg

This works, i can confirm. The trick here is to close the loop really fast, so the electricity can not escape.
mattstyle

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:03:27 PM

This works as good as the Dwarfminer FPGA!

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:05:04 PM

Guys seriously. Just let this thread die. You can’t just use what is essentially an alternator to generate more power than you put in.

If you could. Everyone would just disconnect their house power. Hook up their handy dandy 100w motor to drive an alternator which would in turn power their house. But guess what. No one does that because it doesn’t fucking work.

Conservation of energy.

Notice how the OP has not posted any pictures or videos of his own setup outside of a diagram done up by his 4 year old son in Microsoft Paint. Cause it doesn’t fucking work and it doesn’t exist.

Im not out to satisfy you or anyone with pictures and videos, I put it out there for who wants to use it. Its called off-grid electric go look it up. An alternator don't work unless you have 1 hp per 700watts of power you are converting. the alternator has too much drag when running unless the internals are rewound for easier turning.

When it gets warmer I will get under my crawlspace where it is setting and get you a picture or two. If you want I can go into the shed now and put together a smaller system which consists of  2 inverters, 2 batteries, and a battery charger and show you how you can loop the circuit to run itself but even then you would say it cant be done so why waste my time.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:24:04 PM

Conservation of energy.

Im not out to satisfy you or anyone with pictures and videos, I put it out there for who wants to use it. Its called off-grid electric go look it up. An alternator don't work unless you have 1 hp per 700watts of power you are converting. the alternator has too much drag when running unless the internals are rewound for easier turning.

When it gets warmer I will get under my crawlspace where it is setting and get you a picture or two. If you want I can go into the shed now and put together a smaller system which consists of  2 inverters, 2 batteries, and a battery charger and show you how you can loop the circuit to run itself but even then you would say it cant be done so why waste my time.

1. Off the grid electric doesn’t use on-the-grid electric to power it, genius.
2. You are using mechanical energy (the motor) and converting it to electrical energy. That’s an alternator. No one is saying you are literally taking an alternator off of a car. But it’s the same type of device.
3. You won’t take pics because you don’t have this and you’re full of shit.

Troll harder.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:27:12 PM

A constant charge system helps reduce the need for many batteries. It will keep the system charging while operating it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: