Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28067 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:34:27 PM

1. Off the grid electric doesn’t use on-the-grid electric to power it, genius.
2. You are using mechanical energy (the motor) and converting it to electrical energy. That’s an alternator. No one is saying you are literally taking an alternator off of a car. But it’s the same type of device.
3. You won’t take pics because you don’t have this and you’re full of shit.

Troll harder.

Your a troll I started the information thread your the one coming on here lookin for something different apparently.

I know off-grid don't use home power to run fucking idiot, it uses wind or solar in this setup we are replacing the wind with a low power usage electric motor to do what the wind would normally do. A PMG is not the same device the insides have been rewound to generate better power with the least amount of energy to do so (normally wind in this case an electric motor.)

If you want to pay full electric price the go ahead I am not forcing anyone to build this or anything else and in the future anything I do wont be put out on this forum because all that I am finding here is a bunch of ungrateful assholes and only a few who cant hold a conversation like a grown man.

Even the firmware images for the Z9 and mini's it has been nothing but assholes commenting.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:57:30 PM

2. You are using mechanical energy (the motor) and converting it to electrical energy. That’s an alternator. No one is saying you are literally taking an alternator off of a car. But it’s the same type of device.

Troll harder.

Your a troll I started the information thread your the one coming on here lookin for something different apparently.

I know off-grid don't use home power to run fucking idiot, it uses wind or solar in this setup we are replacing the wind with a low power usage electric motor to do what the wind would normally do. A PMG is not the same device the insides have been rewound to generate better power with the least amount of energy to do so (normally wind in this case an electric motor.)

If you want to pay full electric price the go ahead I am not forcing anyone to build this or anything else and in the future anything I do wont be put out on this forum because all that I am finding here is a bunch of ungrateful assholes and only a few who cant hold a conversation like a grown man.

Even the firmware images for the Z9 and mini's it has been nothing but assholes commenting.

You’re*

The only other scenario is that you’re really this stupid, just set this up, and haven’t received your first electric bill yet, not realizing that this setup would use more electricity than just running everything off the wall in the first place.

LOL.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:00:52 AM

ELECTRIC COMPANIES HATE THIS MAN. SEE HOW HE REDUCED HIS POWER BILL BY 95% WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK!

I bet your Facebook profile says you went to college at the School of Hard Knocks
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:03:31 AM

Troll harder.

You’re*

The only other scenario is that you’re really this stupid, just set this up, and haven’t received your first electric bill yet, not realizing that this setup would use more electricity than just running everything off the wall in the first place.

LOL.

Thank you for your input your ignorance will be noted.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:11:05 AM

ELECTRIC COMPANIES HATE THIS MAN. SEE HOW HE REDUCED HIS POWER BILL BY 95% WITH THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK!

I bet your Facebook profile says you went to college at the School of Hard Knocks

Actually I am smarter then you apparently. I know many different felids electronics is the main one, microcontrollers, and computer systems, as well as a few other fields I am very well at. I am sorry you lack the intelligence to figure things out in this form and when you don't understand the only thing you know to do is try and belittle someone.

Thanks for your input and the ignorance will be noted. Have a nice day

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:23:36 AM

Actually I am smarter then you apparently. I know many different felids electronics is the main one, microcontrollers, and computer systems, as well as a few other fields I am very well at. I am sorry you lack the intelligence to figure things out in this form and when you don't understand the only thing you know to do is try and belittle someone.

So smart that you can’t even differentiate the proper use of then/than or your/you’re. Right.

I’m an Electrical Subsystem engineer with NASA. So yeah. You’re full of shit.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 12:58:23 AM

So smart that you can’t even differentiate the proper use of then/than or your/you’re. Right.

I’m an Electrical Subsystem engineer with NASA. So yeah. You’re full of shit.

Now your a NASA engineer wow you get that title online. I'm so full of shit that off-gridders are living in the dark. If your such the NASA engineer then show me how it should be done rather then be an asshole.

Being the engineer you claim to be then you should know it is possible to run this system cheaper then putting your miners direct to your home wiring. Its all about batteries and the charging source. Transformers, capacitators, resistors, and sine wave technology can do many things for you. Throw in a battery and a charging system and you have cheaper power.

No matter how you want to tear it apart it costs less money to run the electric motor for your charging system then it is to run your miners from the wall, the rest is the batteries and the inverters job to do.

What's your contribution to the mining community? I bet nothing but asking a bunch of questions you wanted answers to because you don't know the answer.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:02:20 AM

Still can’t figure out how to use “you’re” properly huh? LOL

No. Being the engineer I am is why I know it won’t work.

You can’t power a motor from the wall, to drive a motor into low voltage back through an inverted and somehow generate more energy than you’re putting in. It doesn’t work that way. You will output LESS energy than you put in because of the losses through the motor, and inverter and every other component since nothing is 100% efficient.

I’m right. You’re just an idiot who got scammed and haven’t received your first power bill yet.

There’s no free lunch. The “way it should be done” is either move somewhere with cheaper electric, or invest in solar and wait 10-20 years for the investment to pay off.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:23:47 AM

Still can’t figure out how to use “you’re” properly huh? LOL

No. Being the engineer I am is why I know it won’t work.

You can’t power a motor from the wall, to drive a motor into low voltage back through an inverted and somehow generate more energy than you’re putting in. It doesn’t work that way. You will output LESS energy than you put in because of the losses through the motor, and inverter and every other component since nothing is 100% efficient.

I’m right. You’re just an idiot who got scammed and haven’t received your first power bill yet.

There’s no free lunch. The “way it should be done” is either move somewhere with cheaper electric, or invest in solar and wait 10-20 years for the investment to pay off.

The wasted energy doesn't matter, if it cost 35 to run the motor and you waste 100 in energy your cost then is 135 if you were paying 400 at the wall before that you are still saving money. You are not powering the inverter from the generator you are charging the batteries the batteries are powering the inverter and if inverters didn't work the way they do there would be no reason to sell them.

You can do the same thing with a battery charger but your cost would be a more. A 200 amp battery charger 24/7 costs about 250 a month to run again you are saving money If you use the built in 150 amp charger located in the inverter your cost would be a little less and so on. The whole fucking point of this system is it will cut your cost down no matter how you want to claim it wont if you have a larger mining system NOT give you free electric.

I can see your so petty you have to make comments on how I use words. Grow up

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:57:19 AM

P.T. Barnum really was right

LOL.

The whole fucking point of this system is it will cut your cost down no matter how you want to claim it wont if you have a larger mining system NOT give you free electric.

no, it won't. that's the "whole fucking point" that everyone is trying to tell you. but you're too stupid to realize it and listen to people smarter than you.

your proposal claims to give more energy out than you're putting in (mind those your/you're there Wink ). that is not possible no matter what kind of nonsense you spout.
dhmctrader

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:32:59 AM

OP,

You seem to have done a lot of work on this.

A question for you.

The 8.0 ATS inverter specifications (on the amazon link) say that the efficiency is 90%.

Can you explain what this means?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:35:01 AM

P.T. Barnum really was right

LOL.

The whole fucking point of this system is it will cut your cost down no matter how you want to claim it wont if you have a larger mining system NOT give you free electric.

no, it won't. that's the "whole fucking point" that everyone is trying to tell you. but you're too stupid to realize it and listen to people smarter than you.

your proposal claims to give more energy out than you're putting in (mind those your/you're there Wink ). that is not possible no matter what kind of nonsense you spout.

Your putting in energy from the batteries all you need to do is keep them charged. I guess if you own a potato farm you can make your energy source out of batteries. There you now have a renewable source of energy. I bet you haven't even looked at the specs for the different components. Without looking into that you don't have a single value to go by to say to determine how much energy you need to keep things going

1x 24vdc battery at 150 ah can produce 3600 watts of energy now multiply that by 8 gives you 28800 watts of energy now convert that into ac using the inverter. There you roughly have lets say 28000 watts dc voltage. Simple DC formula
(V):
P(W) = I(A) × V(V)

Now your 28000 watts converted equals about 1166 amps of power to convert to ac voltage. Converted it gives you 127 amps of 220vac or 27940 watts @220vac. --- Can run a good number of miners on 127 amps @220vac

If you waste 2000 watts of that energy it still gives you 25kw of useable power if it costs you 500 watts of energy to turn the generator head you still have 24.5kw of useable energy for the cost of running a charging system. So in the end your getting 24.5kw of power for the cost of 500 watts to keep the batteries charged.

500 watts of energy to turn a motor is a huge savings compared to running your miners off the wall. The specs will vary by how many batteries you want to use, the charging system, and the size of the inverter.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:40:41 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 02:50:52 AM by gsrcrxsi314

What you’re forgetting is the RATE of energy transfer.

It’s one thing to say that your battery will provide 3600W of power. But for how long?? If you don’t charge the batteries at the same rate that you discharge them. They will go dead and you will be out of power.

No fucking way will a 500W input charge batteries to support at 60kW load.

This is basic shit. And you still don’t understand it. But keep replying and making yourself look dumb. Please.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:45:55 AM

OP,

You seem to have done a lot of work on this.

A question for you.

The 8.0 ATS inverter specifications (on the amazon link) say that the efficiency is 90%.

Can you explain what this means?

Basically means your losing 10% of your energy output....usually caused by heat and internal components. So putting 100% in you lose 10%.... A pc power supply is 85-95% efficient so that 10% is not a big deal.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:48:47 AM

It’s one thing to saw that your battery will provide 3600W of power. But for how long?? If you don’t charge the batteries at the same rate that you discharge them. They will go dead and you will be out of power.

This is basic shit. And you still don’t understand it. But keep replying and making yourself look dumb. Please.

No 500 watts alone wont charge it at the right rate but if you use that 500 watts to turn a generator that gives you 2000watts then you can keep up with everything. You following me now....I never said the conversion was a one-step but in different stages you can achieve the savings.

For guys running small rigs of 1 or 2 miners this setup is not for them this setup is for larger setups where the savings is much higher

astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:52:05 AM

... How are you going to apply 500W of power to rotating a generator and expect the generator to be able to output more than the input 500W (theoretical 100% efficiency) Huh
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:52:50 AM

It’s one thing to saw that your battery will provide 3600W of power. But for how long?? If you don’t charge the batteries at the same rate that you discharge them. They will go dead and you will be out of power.

No 500 watts alone wont charge it at the right rate but if you use that 500 watts to turn a generator that gives you 2000watts then you can keep up with everything. You following me now....I never said the conversion was a one-step but in different stages you can achieve the savings.

no. no one is following you because you're spouting nonsense.

if you put 500w into that generator, you get <500 out. not 2000.
astraleureka

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:58:22 AM

Spoilers: chipless works at a major battery manufacturer
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:59:43 AM

and then there's this little gem on the product page for the generator.

Not for hydro, gas engine, electric motor coupled use.

you seem to think that this motor/generator has no friction or something. you're living in fantasy land.

the reason these work for wind is because you're using the wind's energy! it will produce 2000W of power only with greater than 2000W input (because of losses)
astraleureka

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:02:14 AM

gsrcrxsi314 where do I buy you a beer?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: