Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:25:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28063 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:45:25 PM

I choose to recycle the wasted energy from my miners in the form of heat. I use it to help heat my home and have cut my power bill down because of that alone by 200+ a month.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:57:33 PM

He really just said wind can’t be measured in Watts...

Let that sink in. This guy doesn’t know what a watt is.
romelitounknown

Activity: 279
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:34:36 AM

Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

No its not me.

I will ask 1 more time the non-believers refrain from your stupid comments if it continues I will ask the moderator to ban you. Enough is enough this thread was put here for informational purposes not for some dickheads to act like a know it all and post shit that does not give any explanation as to exactly why off-grid power does not work. Look outside your box if you can because there is a world outside also not just in your little box mind..

Apparently you do not understand and are looking thru a fogged window there are some who do understand and are willing to follow the process. This thread is here for them not for you to flap your gums about shit that dont make sense to you.

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

Hahahaha my ghad why lot of people doesn't understand your point. The OP was just trying to replace a windmill by an industrial motor to act as a prime mover of a Generator. As simple as that.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:38:03 AM

Really? That's funny, I have a Master's in Science from Purdue University, what dumbshit non accredited school would give a halfwit like you a piece of paper? Please enlighten us so we can make damn sure to avoid sending our children there.

He doesnt have shit. He and Chip are the same person. The best they have is weak “your mom” jokes.

No its not me.

I will ask 1 more time the non-believers refrain from your stupid comments if it continues I will ask the moderator to ban you. Enough is enough this thread was put here for informational purposes not for some dickheads to act like a know it all and post shit that does not give any explanation as to exactly why off-grid power does not work. Look outside your box if you can because there is a world outside also not just in your little box mind..

Apparently you do not understand and are looking thru a fogged window there are some who do understand and are willing to follow the process. This thread is here for them not for you to flap your gums about shit that dont make sense to you.

For mr rocket scientist you have not given 1 good point to why this doesnt work when others are also using similar systems. Only powered by wind or solar. The motor is our wind ....

Hahahaha my ghad why lot of people doesn't understand your point. The OP was just trying to replace a windmill by an industrial motor to act as a prime mover of a Generator. As simple as that.

we know what he's saying. we're just saying he's wrong about the expected outcome.

he wants to replace 2000W of wind power with 500W of electrical power. and he expects the same 2000W output. that wont happen. he certainly can hook a 500w electric motor to the thing, but he wont get 2000W out the other end of the generator, he'll get less than 500. 
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:59:36 AM

Another thing you are forgetting is you are not draining the batteries 100% you are keeping the charge full and maintained.

And no you cant directly measure the wind in watts wind is measured in velocity which converted into energy the energy force which is used to generate electrical watts. With a average wind of 10 mph it is enough force to produce 100 watts with certain turbines and so on. Therefore the watts is really wind velocity and is not usable electric unless converted in some form or fashion

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:04:24 AM

Another thing you are forgetting is you are not draining the batteries 100% you are keeping the charge full and maintained.

And no you cant directly measure the wind in watts wind is measured in velocity which converted into energy the energy force which is used to generate electrical watts. With a average wind of 10 mph it is enough force to produce 100 watts with certain turbines and so on. Therefore the watts is really wind velocity and is not usable electric unless converted in some form or fashion

i bet you think your engine power in you car can't be measured in watts either.

hint: Watts is not solely an electrical unit. watts is a measure of POWER, or work over time.

Watt = J/s = F•d/s = m•a•d/s = m•(d/s^2)•d/s = m • d^2 / s^3

In metric that is kilogram•meter^2/second^3

Or, generically, mass•distance^2/time^3 or ML^2/T^3
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:05:37 AM

No its not me.

we know what he's saying. we're just saying he's wrong about the expected outcome.

he wants to replace 2000W of wind power with 500W of electrical power. and he expects the same 2000W output. that wont happen. he certainly can hook a 500w electric motor to the thing, but he wont get 2000W out the other end of the generator, he'll get less than 500. 

But what your missing is that we only need speed and a little torque. If we use a 1:1 pulley ratio then no you wont get shit but start gearing it right and you do get the speed and torque needed to push the generator at full rpm. and that speed can be produced with only 500 watts  consumption from the wall. That is like saying a drill press can spin the bit at higher rpm then the motor is running at. But if you change the gearing or pulley in most cases then the bit spins faster you lose some torque unless you have a bigger motor but in the end your bit is faster.

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:09:57 AM

No its not me.

But what your missing is that we only need speed and a little torque. If we use a 1:1 pulley ratio then no you wont get shit but start gearing it right and you do get the speed and torque needed to push the generator at full rpm. and that speed can be produced with only 500 watts  consumption from the wall. That is like saying a drill press can spin the bit at higher rpm then the motor is running at. But if you change the gearing or pulley in most cases then the bit spins faster you lose some torque unless you have a bigger motor but in the end your bit is faster.

gear ratios dont give you more power out of thin air. you have to add more energy, gears/pulleys don't do that.

and yes, changing the pulleys on your drill press to increase speed causes a reduction in torque.

that fact that you can't grasp these simple concepts is troubling.
evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:11:46 AM

we know, as you wrote in your first post, you personally run that system and power multiple asic from it

it is just such a shame bitmain did not read about it, done it on large scale, so they could avoid so much pollution from the coal power plants
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:29:17 AM

what's even more funny is that his "small" test in the second video was pulling more than 600W from the wall.

the car charger was the only thing plugged into the wall outlet. he had is set to 50A charge. nevermind the fact that he incorrectly says that's 50A on the 110VAC side (which would blow his breaker immediately if true). it's really pushing 50A to the 12V side. P=IV. P=(50)(12) = 600W. i can't imagine that rusty 1980's car battery charger is all that efficient. so more like 700+W from the wall. all to power a single hashing board on the ASIC.

Good job little buddy. such efficiency. such power saving. 
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:59:26 AM

what's even more funny is that his "small" test in the second video was pulling more than 600W from the wall.

the car charger was the only thing plugged into the wall outlet. he had is set to 50A charge. nevermind the fact that he incorrectly says that's 50A on the 110VAC side (which would blow his breaker immediately if true). it's really pushing 50A to the 12V side. P=IV. P=(50)(12) = 600W. i can't imagine that rusty 1980's car battery charger is all that efficient. so more like 700+W from the wall. all to power a single hashing board on the ASIC.

Better look again the charger is plugged into the inverter with the output looped back to the battery, nothing is plugged into the wall

Both the charger and miner are plugged into the inverter

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:01:19 AM

Then use a fucking bigger motor if your worried about speed and torque a bigger motor just reduces your saving a little bit but in the end you are still saving a lot of money

right. you'll need a bigger motor. one that uses about 2200W (@90% efficiency)
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:04:53 AM

The horse is dead, He's dead Jim.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:14:26 AM

Better look again the charger is plugged into the inverter with the output looped back to the battery, nothing is plugged into the wall

Both the charger and miner are plugged into the inverter

i see now why you only made a 7 min video. all you're doing is depleting the battery, and it wont last long, the charger is doing nothing but draining more energy from the battery with efficiency losses. you'd need to recharge that battery at the same rate that you're depleting it to keep it from going flat. calculate the efficiency losses from all the components and you're putting in more energy than if you just plugged straight to the wall (because straight to the wall avoids the efficiency losses of all the other components.

also your 1 board of the V9 is NOT using 400 watts. the network cable is not plugged in and cannot fetch any work, so it's idle doing nothing. likely less than 50W.

a normal small car battery has about 50Ah capacity. and lets say for simplicity it's 12V. 50W/12V = 4.166A. 50Ah/4.1666 = 12hrs at BEST. all to power a single hashing board doing nothing and ignoring efficiency losses. then you have to recharge the battery or replace it.

Good job little buddy.

astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:26:01 AM

I nominate this thread for Batshit Crazy Scam of the Year 2019, pretty sure it'll stay top tier for the rest of the year.
evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:34:23 AM

I think it is just a troll, not scam, like who would he scam of what, from afil links?
RiceMiner69

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:36:47 AM

I already went through 2 crates of popcorn......
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 02:41:37 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2019, 02:52:58 AM by chipless

I nominate this thread for Batshit Crazy Scam of the Year 2019, pretty sure it'll stay top tier for the rest of the year.

A scam? Really I am not selling a thing you idiot. I gave information away

Just like I gave unlocked fw images away for z9 and batch 4 minis I also came up with the batch 2 fw which was never released in a
update package. So what have you given to the community? All I see you do is flap your mouth and ask questions on other threads

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 03:32:15 AM

Then use a fucking bigger motor if your worried about speed and torque a bigger motor just reduces your saving a little bit but in the end you are still saving a lot of money

right. you'll need a bigger motor. one that uses about 2200W (@90% efficiency)

So you are trying to say is that I need a 4 hp electric motor (120vac@18amp) to get enough rpm and torque to get 7875 rpm on the PMG?

Your fucking crazy that would be way overkill for a motor when you can get enough speed and torque with a lot less power. I can run a dam car alternator on a 3hp motor and that has so much magnetic drag you couldnt hardly turn it by hand a PMG has very little drag.

Even if you think its true who cares if it cost you 2200w to put out 10kw + your still saving money

My 2200w gas generator direct drive uses less power then that it uses 98cc and again id like to see you turn it by hand

Again I must be doing something right because I am running my machines very well this is just 1 Z9 fullsize

Elapsed         KSol/S(RT)   KSol/S(avg)   FoundBlocks   LocalWork                Utility                  WU    BestShare
6d21h4m59s   75.67         74.37                         0   347,357                46.41              743.87         0

2200w = 2.9hp. not 4.

and no, im not saying it would take 2200W to get 10K out. im saying itll be 2200W to get that theoretical 2000W out. with 90% efficiency.

i'm guessing you don't have a kill-a-watt meter on your electric motor. and i'm guessing you havent received your first electric bill yet. Smiley

and your last bit of BS, 75kSol is a bit fast for a Z9.... they are 40kSol stock. so yeah, that's not one. probably not even yours lol.
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 04:32:10 AM

For those of you just joining, this moron thinks you can do this:

Hook a car battery up to an inverter, converting the 12V DC to 115V AC. Hook the inverter up to a car battery charger, which converts 115V AC to 12V DC. Then hook the car battery charger up to the car battery to close the circuit. In this process you've somehow created energy.

Since, according to the author, the battery isn't actually being charged or drained, what he's really saying is hook an inverter up to a car battery charger and hook the car battery charger back up to the inverter, and not only do they power eachother in perpetuity but they also put out extra power to power a miner! Wow!

Next thing he's going to sell us, is an electric fan blowing at a wind generator that powers the electric fan! GENIUS!! EVERYONE WE'VE SOLVED ZERO POINT ENERGY HOLY SHIT WE'RE ABOUT TO ENTER A NEW DAWN OF CIVILIZATION!!!!! Star Trek here we come!!

If everyone could just join me and click that "Report To Moderator" feature to delete this low effort trolling and ban this chipless guy, we can clean this bullshit up.

"My 2200w gas generator direct drive uses less power then that it uses 98cc" omg my sides hurt, cc's is a unit of energy now lmfao
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: