Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28063 times)
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:13:12 AM

so 240W in electricity. wow, you're doing such a service.

you never fail to entertain. What's the BTU-hr rating?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:25:48 AM

When it is all put together you can see then until then figure it all out, mr rocket scientist who calls a Heat pump a AC unit

Yes 240w will be a service once you see how many miners you can cool with it. The cost is cheaper then liquid coolers for GPU and ASICS and is easily expanded.

Stop flapping the gums and show us what you have to contribute to the mining community. So far you haven't contributed a dam thing but a bunch of gum flapping. Go spend some time with your family...That's right they are at the neighbors visiting their daddy.

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:51:31 AM

When it is all put together you can see then until then figure it all out, mr rocket scientist who calls a Heat pump a AC unit

Yes 240w will be a service once you see how many miners you can cool with it. The cost is cheaper then liquid coolers for GPU and ASICS and is easily expanded.

Stop flapping the gums and show us what you have to contribute to the mining community. So far you haven't contributed a dam thing but a bunch of gum flapping. Go spend some time with your family...That's right they are at the neighbors visiting their daddy.

well considering 240W = 818 BTU/hr, yeah. wont help much lol.

all real miners know that the most cost effective cooling method is ventilation...

you're not contributing anything here. you're pushing half assed snake oil hoping for a handout to your crypto addresses.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:23:01 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 03:33:08 AM by chipless

well considering 240W = 818 BTU/hr, yeah. wont help much lol.

all real miners know that the most cost effective cooling method is ventilation...

you're not contributing anything here. you're pushing half assed snake oil hoping for a handout to your crypto addresses.

LOL...  You haven't even seen the whole setup yet and already you say it wont help much.

Haven't asked for a dime for it.

You just proved by your own words you are a non-believer of everything unless it's your way or it's wrong and you don't know half of what you are talking about.

The temp can be dropped by 20-30 degrees with Freon cooling, with cooler temps the miners perform better and in some cases increase the ability to clock the machines higher therefore gaining a increase in hash rates and that's a fact. Any real miners knows that.

I run over 200 k/sol here and you would be surprised how I have saved money on my electric running my machines the way I do. I eliminated my heating cost at my home, the miners pay for their own electric used, recovered over half my investment and I am still making a profit. So it really don't matter to me what you say. I only respond to you because I like to see you make a fool out of yourself for being so obsessed with this topic. I know what I have tried and don't work and I know what I have tried and does work, your opinion to me is like shit on the bottom of my shoe, you scrape it off and keep on moving.

You can use any AC window unit if you want and place them in front of it but your looking at about 500-700 watts minimum to run one of them. Go copy and paste some more

gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:44:21 AM

So you’re sticking a mini AC unit in front of a miner at +20% the electricity cost. Wow. Such amaze. I wonder why all the big mining farms don’t do this?
astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 04:40:43 AM

probably something to do with getting all that moisture on their hashblades  Cool
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:15:45 AM

probably something to do with getting all that moisture on their hashblades  Cool

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it. Again neither have even seen it setup to determine what the outcome will be on affecting the efficiency of the miners connected to it. He sure isn't a NASA engineer because he should know that cooler electronics perform better.

If the miner speed can be increased by cooling it and the gain is more then the cost to operate the compressor which is very low cost, then profits can be increased. Simple as that. I guess it depends on how many pennies you want to get out of your miners before they are no longer profitable.

mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:37:04 PM

No, the OP is right. Water is good for power consumption.

If you throw it all over your miner it stops consuming power!
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:37:20 PM

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it. Again neither have even seen it setup to determine what the outcome will be on affecting the efficiency of the miners connected to it. He sure isn't a NASA engineer because he should know that cooler electronics perform better.

If the miner speed can be increased by cooling it and the gain is more then the cost to operate the compressor which is very low cost, then profits can be increased. Simple as that. I guess it depends on how many pennies you want to get out of your miners before they are no longer profitable.

I never said that cooler wasn't beneficial. I said your plan wasn't cost effective. you're increasing your electric use by 20% to get it. when you can get satisfactory cooling by just using ventilation instead, which is what all the big time miner operations do. some ducting to bring outside air to your miners (you mentioned there was snow, so you obviously live in a cold climate) and some fans are all that is needed. and will be cheaper and less complicated.
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:26:01 PM

You and your butt buddy must be related because a AC units help pull the moisture out of the air not add to it.

And how do you think it pulls moisture out of the air? Do you seriously not have any grasp of any physical process? Have you not taken a god damn middle school science class?

When an AC cools the air, the relative humidity of the room increases because RELATIVE humidity is the moisture content RELATIVE to temperature. In other words, the fucking water ends up condensing out of the air. Why the fuck do you think moisture accumulates on an AC or on a cold window during winter? Because it precipitates out you dumb shit. Precipitates right onto your god damn miner like was said.

You wanna do something similar thats less stupid and more cool? Submerge your miner in Fluorinert, this was back in 2004 during the peak of LAN parties and overclocking competitions, but I believe the one I used was FC-77 and I purchased it from a chemical recycler for ~$140 gal back then. Submerge your miner into the fluorinert and then place the ac coils directly into the fluorinert. Fluorinert is less viscous than water so it'll circulate fine (as opposed to mineral oil), conducts heat very well but is more electrically inert than air.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:37:31 PM

he also doesnt seem to get that he will have a hot side too, and he will have to manage the hot air, to get cold, that heat has to go somewhere. it's like trying to use a window AC unit to cool your home, but you have the whole thing inside the window and not exhausting the hot air outside. lol.

but we're getting off topic. lets get back to his perpetual energy setup that doesnt work. he can start a new thread for his bogus mini-AC setup that we can rip apart in a new thread  Grin
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:54:28 PM

I never said that cooler wasn't beneficial. I said your plan wasn't cost effective. you're increasing your electric use by 20% to get it. when you can get satisfactory cooling by just using ventilation instead, which is what all the big time miner operations do. some ducting to bring outside air to your miners (you mentioned there was snow, so you obviously live in a cold climate) and some fans are all that is needed. and will be cheaper and less complicated.

In warmer climates you cant just vent them and colder climates get warmer in spring and summer. You don't know how efficient it will be because you don't know how it will be setup. I only posted the main compressor unit the rest was never posted so you both are talking out your ass at this point because you don't even know all the facts to the setup. You can cool more then 1 miner with it,  Moisture or heat wont be a problem and wont get anywhere on or in the miner. I bet you guys are running gpu systems or only a couple of miners and don't know the issues with larger scale setups. NASA man is on the internet more then he is working so I am sure he has no job and sits and troll the internet all day.

madcow1713

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:08:23 PM

I just wasted 10 minutes soaking in the stupidity of this guy. I seriously feel like I'm watching an awesome daytime tv show going nowhere. Love it, but know its bad for me.. Thank you OP for a good time.
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 06:12:43 PM

In warmer climates you cant just vent them and colder climates get warmer in spring and summer. You don't know how efficient it will be because you don't know how it will be setup. I only posted the main compressor unit the rest was never posted so you both are talking out your ass at this point because you don't even know all the facts to the setup. You can cool more then 1 miner with it,  Moisture or heat wont be a problem and wont get anywhere on or in the miner. I bet you guys are running gpu systems or only a couple of miners and don't know the issues with larger scale setups. NASA man is on the internet more then he is working so I am sure he has no job and sits and troll the internet all day.

than*

base was closed yesterday due to inclement weather and i'm out sick today, so i'm freed up to debunk all your half-baked ideas.

and i ran all my miners with just ventilation through 100F summer temps so yeah, it works. 100F = 37 C, which is easily enough delta temp to cool a 60-80C component. ventilation is the cheapest most cost effective cooling method. again, why do you think all the big mining operations do this?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:26:50 PM

Many of the larger farms are in climate controlled buildings with the heat vented out and cooler pumped to the machines

efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
February 13, 2019, 03:37:57 AM

Here is a simple video of a setup that took me 10 mins to get hooked up.

It explains and somewhat shows how this system saves you money

https://youtu.be/Zz38lK67MLM

https://youtu.be/SM9nArIlS-c

I'm sorry, did you really say "circular power" in that first video?

Please tell me more.

lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:43:52 PM

This is the best thread ever! xD

Why the discussion has stopped?!

Btw, obvious improvement is missing - u input 500W and get 2kw, why not short-curcuit the whole thing?
Feed the motor not from the grid but from the output.
This way u will still get 1.5kW output and no need for the grid AC!

And finally perpetuum mobile is achieved.
Btw, conservation of energy is emprirical law, isn't it? Should not be that hard to break ; )

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 10:49:38 PM

This is the best thread ever! xD

Why the discussion has stopped?!

Btw, obvious improvement is missing - u input 500W and get 2kw, why not short-curcuit the whole thing?
Feed the motor not from the grid but from the output.
This way u will still get 1.5kW output and no need for the grid AC!

And finally perpetuum mobile is achieved.
Btw, conservation of energy is emprirical law, isn't it? Should not be that hard to break ; )

Oh, this thread starts again (hopefully)  Tongue
gsrcrxsi314

View Profile
April 23, 2019, 03:37:09 PM

it wont. chipless abandoned it once he realized he was an idiot and this shit doesn't work. but he wont admit that.
evenotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:24:50 AM

Soon there will be even more farms that are in optimal climatic conditions, for example, where you can use snow cooling or electricity from renewable sources, such as the sun or wind.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: