Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN]★[GHC] Ghostcoin ☢ 4 Exchanges ☢ Fast ☢ POW/POS Hybrid ☢ OpenSSL Patched ☢  (Read 98788 times)
schoschi12

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Until which block will we get mining rewards?

Scryptcloudmining with stabel price per KHS and a steady payout of about 15% of total investment per month:
http://scrypt.cc?ref=baanv

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:33:52 PM

While we do not get a response from the developer about Premine-coins, there is a very high probability dump by the developer.

While there is no report about premine-coins, there will not be Serious investors.

There are only miners who are forced to defend the developer, because  they do not want to lose their deposits in the form of payments for electricity.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:24:19 PM

Nobody on everycoin altcoin outhere in pos knows.. i asked everywhere... everyone says its own stuff without even knowing..

I'm not in a position to know who you ask and couldn't answer this, but any decent developer could answer that by looking at the code.
I have been involved into many coins creation (not this one and haven't read the code yet) so I can give you the following info:

PoS blocks are inserted in the chain instead of PoW (mining) blocks. Now if you ask when a certain wallet will start creating PoS, well it's not random when it will begin to try to create a PoS block, but it is random when that PoS block will be accepted in the blockchain.
It's exactly like solo mining. The fact that you may have found a block, doesn't mean that it will be accepted for sure (thus the orphaned blocks). When an incoming transaction of your wallet reaches the maturity state (which means that the minimum amount of time holding these coins has been fulfilled) your wallet will start mining in order to create a PoS block. That block contains a transaction that has the coins that were in stake + the interest.
Of course, other wallets are doing the same and at the same time, miners are finding blocks. So which block should dominate?
Well, PoS blocks have a higher importance than PoW blocks, so it's very easy to understand that PoS will always replace PoW blocks (thus in PoW/PoS mixed coins there are so many orphaned blocks from mining - because they get replaced by PoS blocks).
What about PoS blocks that were created by many wallets at the same time, having the same base block (for example block with height 1454). This is were difficulty is getting into the game.
Although PoS blocks have very low difficulty (so that it doesn't need too much computational power to create them), they do have a difficulty measurement and the block with the highest difficulty wins the race.
Now, the difficulty number is not based on CPU power or how many cores this has, but how old is the transaction with the coins at stake. At PoS, there is a minimum and a maximum age.
For example, 20 days minimum and 30 days maximum. That means that if someone's wallet finds a PoS block for a transaction that is 21 days old (hours and minutes count but let's not put that in this example) and another wallet finds a PoS for a transaction that is 25 days old, then the 25 days old transaction will create a higher diff PoS block, which means that it will win the race.
Now, if a 3rd PoS block was found that was 45 days old, the diff would count only for the maximum amount of time (30 days for our example).
Other factors that affects difficulty could be the amount of coins in that transaction, the amount of time passed since the last PoS block this wallet generated, etc.

I hope this make things a little simpler, regarding the PoS and how it is mined/calculated.

I asked about PoS generation earlier in this thread, and was told that you don't need your wallet open. You could have your coins tucked away in cold storage and you'd still get your PoS coins. Now I don't know what to think.
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:25:48 PM

http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/ghostcoin/distribution/

premine is the top wallet. This page tracks wallet distribution and shows what the wallets are doing.
glennbuck

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

200 million pow coins then 550 million pos coins over 6 years,seems a good coin at this price 35 sat,most 200 million pow coins have a higher price than this.bargain i will buy some and start minting in 20 days with the pos stake.I mean Mintcoin is 20 billion coins and 15 sat,so this coin should be 750 sat at the moment bargain.

2X4B-523P
The_Restaurant_at_the_End_of_the_Universe
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#guerillacoin
open82buy

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:36:20 AM

Why does this coin suits you as a trader?
Why does this coin suits you as a trader?

In my humble opinion, it's because he can buy it cheap right now and get a profit after he let them stake and sell them (not to mention that the time that mining it will not produce more than just 1 coin is near)

Fair question Vlizzjeffrey, mindfox's humble opinion hit the nail on the head really. Also as a non miner I like the Idea of my wallet mining coins. I will only sell what I mine, but will be holding off for a while to let the price rise.
I love trading but am no expert, my downfall can be that I am a bit of a hoarder. I trade many but there are about 7 coins that I am collecting for long term (3 to 5 years) One of my 7 is Maza, as it still is the only official adopted coin out there. Still waiting for the masses to arrive. Stock market will crash again soon, bigger this time, with that hopefully more people coming to crypto.
open82buy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:41:53 AM

200 million pow coins then 550 million pos coins over 6 years,seems a good coin at this price 35 sat,most 200 million pow coins have a higher price than this.bargain i will buy some and start minting in 20 days with the pos stake.I mean Mintcoin is 20 billion coins and 15 sat,so this coin should be 750 sat at the moment bargain.

That is how I feel as well glennbuck, let's enjoy the ride.  Wink
open82buy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:48:24 AM

was wondering if he had any future plans? Any wallet updates or expandability? Marketing, hype etc? A coin needs a community.

Welcome to the community, looks like we're it.  Kiss
glennbuck

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:57:13 AM

No the community will grow when ghostcoin goes to bigger exchanges like Mintplal,i vote every day but could take a week or so to get there.

2X4B-523P
The_Restaurant_at_the_End_of_the_Universe
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#guerillacoin
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:24:09 AM

Why non of the premine  been used for giveaways?
This would help promote the coin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
d4ni

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:33:36 AM

So I've been minting for 8 days now, and I'm earning just about the same amount per stake and the same number of stakes per day as I was on the second day.  Anyone know why that could be?  I was mining constantly this entire time, and the number of stakeable coins should be increasing by 5-8k per day.  Is it just because everyone else is increasing at the same rate?  I only get 1-1.5 coins per stake... which works out to less than 100 a day.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:56:04 AM

I think thats because only a smal ammount of your coins were old enouh

My wallet was minting for one day 3 days ago and then stopped, because only a small share wich i mined earlier was old enough to start minting.

Wow look at the price, ghostcoin is getting more attention it seems

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 08:57:45 AM

Nobody on everycoin altcoin outhere in pos knows.. i asked everywhere... everyone says its own stuff without even knowing..

I'm not in a position to know who you ask and couldn't answer this, but any decent developer could answer that by looking at the code.
I have been involved into many coins creation (not this one and haven't read the code yet) so I can give you the following info:

PoS blocks are inserted in the chain instead of PoW (mining) blocks. Now if you ask when a certain wallet will start creating PoS, well it's not random when it will begin to try to create a PoS block, but it is random when that PoS block will be accepted in the blockchain.
It's exactly like solo mining. The fact that you may have found a block, doesn't mean that it will be accepted for sure (thus the orphaned blocks). When an incoming transaction of your wallet reaches the maturity state (which means that the minimum amount of time holding these coins has been fulfilled) your wallet will start mining in order to create a PoS block. That block contains a transaction that has the coins that were in stake + the interest.
Of course, other wallets are doing the same and at the same time, miners are finding blocks. So which block should dominate?
Well, PoS blocks have a higher importance than PoW blocks, so it's very easy to understand that PoS will always replace PoW blocks (thus in PoW/PoS mixed coins there are so many orphaned blocks from mining - because they get replaced by PoS blocks).
What about PoS blocks that were created by many wallets at the same time, having the same base block (for example block with height 1454). This is were difficulty is getting into the game.
Although PoS blocks have very low difficulty (so that it doesn't need too much computational power to create them), they do have a difficulty measurement and the block with the highest difficulty wins the race.
Now, the difficulty number is not based on CPU power or how many cores this has, but how old is the transaction with the coins at stake. At PoS, there is a minimum and a maximum age.
For example, 20 days minimum and 30 days maximum. That means that if someone's wallet finds a PoS block for a transaction that is 21 days old (hours and minutes count but let's not put that in this example) and another wallet finds a PoS for a transaction that is 25 days old, then the 25 days old transaction will create a higher diff PoS block, which means that it will win the race.
Now, if a 3rd PoS block was found that was 45 days old, the diff would count only for the maximum amount of time (30 days for our example).
Other factors that affects difficulty could be the amount of coins in that transaction, the amount of time passed since the last PoS block this wallet generated, etc.

I hope this make things a little simpler, regarding the PoS and how it is mined/calculated.

I asked about PoS generation earlier in this thread, and was told that you don't need your wallet open. You could have your coins tucked away in cold storage and you'd still get your PoS coins. Now I don't know what to think.

You need your wallet open for the PoS block to be generated. You don't need it open for the maturity period to come (it is calculated by the Transaction time, not counting how long your wallet has been online).
I don't know who told you that you don't need your wallet open and why he said that, but that's how things are.
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:00:10 AM

So I've been minting for 8 days now, and I'm earning just about the same amount per stake and the same number of stakes per day as I was on the second day.  Anyone know why that could be?  I was mining constantly this entire time, and the number of stakeable coins should be increasing by 5-8k per day.  Is it just because everyone else is increasing at the same rate?  I only get 1-1.5 coins per stake... which works out to less than 100 a day.
Why do you say that your stakeable coins should be increasing by 5-8k per day?
The interest is calculated yearly, not on every stake. You get a fraction of the yearly interest so that your wallet will create blocks to confirm transactions.
Remember what I said: PoS as a replacement for PoW. Blockchain needs blocks for transactions approval and confirmation.
Maybe I didn't explain things well in my post?
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:17:20 AM

I think buying under 100 sats is still a good investment, im glad
I bought some at 20 and 30

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
plasmak

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:29:09 PM

Is there's a good block explorer for this coin? the one on page 1 is horrendous.
open82buy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

WTF, I see people are not getting confirmation emails from C-CEX.com, I also can't withdraw my GHC that I brought this morning. I hope this is not ANOTHER exchange having a "Leak" of coins.
open82buy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:04:50 PM

Looks like they have changed their emails, as it's coming through as spam, I now have my GHC  Grin
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

How much did you buy if i may ask hehe

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
flytosky

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:46:30 PM

WTB 5M GHC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: