Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:02:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN]★[GHC] Ghostcoin ☢ 4 Exchanges ☢ Fast ☢ POW/POS Hybrid ☢ OpenSSL Patched ☢  (Read 98796 times)
nepia

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:00:24 AM

Regarding the PoS/PoW calculations, I think you all got it wrong here (including the dev Wink )

Although there is a way to make the wallet calculate the coins generated, it's time consuming and requires more memory than just to count block height...

In other words: Wallets, all the times are using block height to do any behavior changing... From halving, to stop PoW in our case...
Now, add to the formula that the block reward both from PoS and PoW is random then you can easily understand that it's not accurate to calculate amout of coins. Instead we should be calculating amount of blocks...
If you ask me why PoS is not known, it's simply because nobody can tell how many blocks will reach adulthood for PoS and when they're going to be created (having from lowest to highest possible interest rate).
Also, please consider the fact that if PoW is starting after X weeks and PoW is stopping after X-1 weeks, there will be a huge gap where no blocks are being found, so no transactions, no nothing. A dead blockchain.

That shouldn't (and isn't going to) happen in a coin's life Smiley

So keep mining and keep buying...

Are you saying that "getinfo" command does not report accurate number of coins generated?
Because that command reports almost instantly.

As for "random" rewards, it is true that it is number of coins calculation from the block number
will only be a estimates; however, with such big number for block, it is sure that estimate number will be
very good approximate.  If these words aren't persuasive enough, I'm sure you can do statistics calculation
to see how are the chances we got this many or that many lucky rewards or unlucky rewards.

PoS rewards value is not a number we have to consider, at least for this point of time since it has not started yet.
flytosky

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Regarding the PoS/PoW calculations, I think you all got it wrong here (including the dev Wink )

Although there is a way to make the wallet calculate the coins generated, it's time consuming and requires more memory than just to count block height...

In other words: Wallets, all the times are using block height to do any behavior changing... From halving, to stop PoW in our case...
Now, add to the formula that the block reward both from PoS and PoW is random then you can easily understand that it's not accurate to calculate amout of coins. Instead we should be calculating amount of blocks...
If you ask me why PoS is not known, it's simply because nobody can tell how many blocks will reach adulthood for PoS and when they're going to be created (having from lowest to highest possible interest rate).
Also, please consider the fact that if PoW is starting after X weeks and PoW is stopping after X-1 weeks, there will be a huge gap where no blocks are being found, so no transactions, no nothing. A dead blockchain.

That shouldn't (and isn't going to) happen in a coin's life Smiley

So keep mining and keep buying...

Are you saying that "getinfo" command does not report accurate number of coins generated?
Because that command reports almost instantly.

As for "random" rewards, it is true that it is number of coins calculation from the block number
will only be a estimates; however, with such big number for block, it is sure that estimate number will be
very good approximate.  If these words aren't persuasive enough, I'm sure you can do statistics calculation
to see how are the chances we got this many or that many lucky rewards or unlucky rewards.

PoS rewards value is not a number we have to consider, at least for this point of time since it has not started yet.
Explain please
ress

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:30:39 PM

What's up with ZeusPool? I only get bonus payouts  Undecided

ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:33:13 PM

Cron job stopped due to a possible issue (double payout). All your mined coins will be delivered shortly, don't worry.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
ress

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:52:30 PM

Cron job stopped due to a possible issue (double payout). All your mined coins will be delivered shortly, don't worry.

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was mining alone at okaypool for a couple of hours without finding a single block... Joined zeus and so far I've found 5 blocks in two hours! Weired...

ClutchThese

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:56:46 PM

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was mining alone at okaypool for a couple of hours without finding a single block... Joined zeus and so far I've found 5 blocks in two hours! Weired...

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is ok on okaypools end. While luck does play a role, that seems a bit odd.

ClutchThese

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:09:58 PM

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was m
ining alone at okaypool for a couple of hours without finding a single block... Joined zeus and so far I've found 5 blocks in two hours! Weired...

Wow, sorry to hear about that. I hope everything is ok on okaypools end. While luck does play a role, that seems a bit odd.
Huh
Cry

flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:16:13 PM

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was m
ining alone at okaypool for a couple of hours without finding a single block... Joined zeus and so far I've found 5 blocks in two hours! Weired...

Huh
Cry
pools are down?
ClutchThese

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:46:33 PM

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was m

Huh
Cry
pools are down?

nope!

flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:34:38 PM

OK, thanks for the info!

BTW, earlier I was m

Huh
Cry
pools are down?

nope!
was down 5 mins ago?
flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:10:10 PM

halving begun  Shocked
vujk

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:37:42 PM

Anyway to get this coin more exposure? I have been mining, but things seemed to have stalled a bit.
flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:52:13 PM

Anyway to get this coin more exposure? I have been mining, but things seemed to have stalled a bit.
wait for pure POS you will see!
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:03:24 PM

Don't forget to vote:

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Getting close to overtaking MAX! I think it was just like 700 votes last week, so someone is throwing votes at GHC (more than my doing it a couple times a day!)

flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

Don't forget to vote:

Getting close to overtaking MAX! I think it was just like 700 votes last week, so someone is throwing votes at GHC (more than my doing it a couple times a day!)

I'm sending as much BTC as I can to bring it to the top!
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:14:22 PM

i try voring 5 times every hour but its a big mission to vote on my smartphone lol when im at work.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
flytosky

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

i try voring 5 times every hour but its a big mission to vote on my smartphone lol when im at work.
Send BTC! If the community can come together and make this thread more active, i'm sure we will hit the big exchanges!
Painful Truth

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:24:22 PM

Don't forget to vote:

2157 votes as of right now  Shocked
nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:26:00 PM

Voted!
blahdeda

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:31:44 PM

Voted!

Me too - climbing well so far
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: