Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerns with new DT1 logic  (Read 981 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 05:00:46 PM

Anyone got a "well that escalated quickly" meme or something?

Yeah, has anybody here a deathwish and ask the two to get a room?  Grin Grin Grin
PS: camera anybody?

I really don't get how people really think they have a way to design this trust system perfectly so it mirrors the user behind the account. People might turn bad in a matter of seconds, people might act like angels making one small pace at a time towards their goal of grabbing and running away. There is no way in hell you can predict this a lot of "trustable" persons here have shown through the years there is no way you can guarantee 100% for somebody.

This is the best we have right now, let it work for a month or two and let's see the consequences, if any.
It's the whole merit saga once again but now flavored with mentally abused dildos.

Look it is simple I presented facts about a scam pumper and protector

mention facts that there are thread accusing lauda of shady escrow practices and that senior senior members agree that he is shady and the fact that lauda is also implicated in an extortion scheme.

I get red trust for this???

NO WAY.

Lauda is scared to come and debate with me this red trust because it knows I will destroy it like in every other encounter we had and it spouts shit that I tell lies then runs away when I say PRESENT THESE LIES.

Now get this shit red trust off of my account or every DT who allows it is an abuser and a scam pumper protector

These are FACTS and clearly observable to anyone.

Lauda is hiding away and sends this sexually depraved moronic slathering dog TMAN here to first red trust me for presenting facts about himself (lauda) .this guy TMAN is obviously a low functioning sub species lauda formed from merging the dna from tp and owlcatz and and jabbed it full of testosterone by direct methods. It's sexual depravity is off putting when I am trying to present sensible evidence relating to scams. How can resist such directness and excitement and brand them as the scammers they are at the same time. It is unfair and underhanded. Facts about your scamming and DT abuse only please.

Lauda you skanky scam promoter come here now and tell me why I got red trust for presenting facts about you??

Stop hiding up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 11:40:38 AM

There is no logic in getting Lauda in the DT list. It looks too stupid to see a scammer having many numbers of green trusts. Huh
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 07:43:57 PM

There is no logic in getting Lauda in the DT list. It looks too stupid to see a scammer having many numbers of green trusts. Huh

I think you're confused. You don't have "many numbers of green trusts", you're quite red.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 07:56:52 PM

Let us presume that your argument that "Lauda is a scammer" is correct. When I view the trust comments Lauda makes, it would be clear that Lauda is a "rat" and has no qualms giving valid negative ratings to other scammers, if (s)he is indeed a scammer. Just like investigators in a police force use informants to get leads, I think it is still perfectly valid to add Lauda to my trust list and even be a member on the default trust list. Quite frankly, if someone is going to trade with someone, they should do more than just viewing the color of the number on the trust rating. They should do their own due diligence and actually view the comments themselves and make a judgement for themselves on whether the comments are valid and even apply to the current transaction they wish to engage in.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 09:46:21 PM

Lauda is a "rat"

Everyone knows that Lauda is a cat, which is pretty much the opposite of a rat.

Seriously though, THOUSANDS of users have a vote now, even some bright red scammers. So all these DT complaints... meh.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 09:59:23 PM

Lauda is a "rat"

Seriously though, THOUSANDS of users have a vote now, even some bright red scammers. So all these DT complaints... meh.

ATM, only 147 members have the 250 merit required to be one of the supervotes, according to BPIP. Not thousands. Guess we merit sources better get to work.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 10:04:20 PM

Lauda is a "rat"

ATM, only 147 members have the 250 merit required to be one of the supervotes, according to BPIP. Not thousands. Guess we merit sources better get to work.

I meant the 10-merit requirement. But even the 147 can add many more users to their trust lists so it's not like there's a lack of opportunity.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:06:19 AM

Take out the top 200's own cycled merits and see how many have 250 earned merits.

About ... not many.

Earned merits only is like saying all posts legends made before merit system were worth zero .... that sounds very strange.

centralised the trust system and injects huge swathes of subjectivity and variance. Variance you eliminate from a trust system if possible I would say.  

trying to use subjective (and meaningless by suchmoons definition) scores as building blocks for trust seems quite a strange idea. I would like to have seen a debate on it by some real game theory egg heads to see what they say.

I still am yet to understand why creating some merit analysis stats makes you more trusted than a legend that has held 10000's of dollars or millions of dollars of coins for years and never took even one for themselves.

If anyone can explain it.

Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:09:14 AM
Merited by LoyceV (2)

The above is still possible under the new system, however I suspect in many cases the response will be he meets the criteria and there is no manipulation to meet the criteria, so he will stay. Once someone "meets the criteria" it will be difficult to get this to not be the case, as those on DT1 tend to receive additional trust inclusions over time, and over time, people will become inactive, and as such will not respond to (or see) requests to remove controversial people from their trust lists.
Inactive users won't stay on DT1:
- You must have been online sometime within the last 3 days.
 - You must have posted sometime within the last 30 days.
If Bob has a lot of merit and also has Alice in his trust list, assuming many others have Alice in their trust lists, Alice would be on DT1. Later Bob may become inactive for whatever reason, but even when Bob is inactive, Alice will remain on DT1, even if everyone who has Alice on their trust list is inactive.

the new DT1 contains much overlap and many "communities" are unrepresented
Roughly a third of new DT1 members are in the same "clique" / "trading circle" and another 15% closely associate with this group.
That's now. I can imagine other communities will make their own DT1 "clique": for example a group of Russians, a group of Indonesians and a group of bounty hunters. As long as they stay out of each other's hair, they can co-exist. The moment they touch, it feels like a black hole collision competing for exclusions.
The old DT-system felt like it meant something, the new system changes every few hours.
The new system is scheduled to update once per month, but the number of people on DT1 will likely increase, as IMO it is easier for someone to get added to a person's trust list than it is to get removed (practically speaking), and more people will get merit that makes them eligible to "vote" on who is on DT1.

Furthermore QT I don't see why you care what the DT is like because your reputation has been blown to shit regardless how you rejigger your trust settings. Frankly I don't understand why you continue to post under that account.
I am an advocate for a fair system, and I care about the integrity of the marketplace (and of the community). My trust rating is shit, but that does not stop me from being entrusted with large amounts of money when I do engage in trades (which has become less frequent, but this is due to my own choosing).

As I said in the other thread, it seems a bit strange that you could have 100 or more people exclding someone, but if 10 people include them then they become DT1 (unless the other DT1s remove them).
Right. There should be some mechanism for someone to not be on DT1, both having their ratings not count, and not having their trust list count, beyond manual intervention by theymos. This should be beyond affirmatively needing people to remove an account from DT1 to get them removed, as over time people with a lot of merit will become inactive, get locked out of their accounts, etc., and will not update their trust lists.

Ranking up does not increase your ability to learn or contribute to the forum, apart from decreasing some wait times, which are only a problem in the first place if you are a spammer. The only real benefit of ranking up is that you can then earn more money from bounty campaigns. If ranking up is your only motivation to continue to learn about bitcoin, then you are here for the wrong reasons.
If you want to do business on the forum, ranking up is very beneficial because of limits (both in delays, and total allowed per day) to the number of PMs of lower ranking accounts, making negotiating and working through details difficult if done via the forum.

One could also argue the posting limits for very low level accounts is excessive.

Most of that 'clique' are people who tag scammers and so forth,
Most of the clique I am speaking of is a group of people who trade amongst themselves in the collectables section (and those closely associated with these people). They generally have high trust ratings, but much of this is from trading within the group, and in general a person is much less likely to scam their friend than they are to scam a stranger. A few of these people have a somewhat shady history (I am not referring to those who have explicitly scammed) by doing things such as backing out of auctions, and making some questionable escrow decisions (I am not referring to situations that I view as clearly wrong), all of which would likely earn most people a decent amount of negative trust.

I'd be much more interested to hear thoughts about how its working from the viewpoint of genuine non sockpuppet newish users. To be fair, the majority of the people who have been voicing their opinions for or about the new DT system changes don't actually need DT in the first place. Almost everyone that has posted in this thread so far have been here for quite a while, and have already established their own good trading, risk mitigation practices.

For me, DT serves as somewhat of a reference point. I would generally give ratings from DT a little more weight, especially successful trades, and successful trades with those who have decent trust ratings from the perspective of DT (this is one negative of not displaying the trust ratings of those who gave trust on a person's trust page). When deciding to give a no collateral loan, I will also consider (among other things), the value of their reputation when viewed from DT.

The new system makes it more difficult to gauge the value of one's reputation that someone has to lose if they were to (try to) pull off a scam in a trade.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: