Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 02:28:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing  (Read 53609 times)
dnovsckym

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:03:18 AM

As a rule, there is no way for the coins to start growing right after they hit the stock exchange!
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:05:30 AM

Yes, there are too few investors and this is why many projects are waiting for listing their tokens. It's a big problem because ICO investors in that way loose faith about that project.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:07:49 AM

As a rule, there is no way for the coins to start growing right after they hit the stock exchange!

no its not a rule and theres no such thing as rules when it comes to pumping and dumping of the price because it all depends on how agressive the investors and bounty hunters are  . if  the entire market of crypto will pump , then not all coins will dump because people will have enough money after they sell a certain kind of coin  .

The good thing is dont sell your tokens to avoid the price per tokens get dump because this is the only way how it goes because lot's of bounty hunters they sell their token after getting it in the ico.

yes that is the only to save a dump but you cant assure that others will also hodl .  in this market people always need cash in which they will always prefer to sell as long as they see that thier coins have now a good value  .
noobcakescc

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:14:02 AM

I don't think there is a way to prevent dumping of coins once it has been listed on an exchange aside from being a good project itself.

If it is good, then the project should have good prospects of being listed on major exchanges with good liquidity. Paired with good market demand the price should stabilize at initial value, if not more.

I've just seen CoinGecko's 2018 report and they've got some great insights on 2018's ICOs - check out slide 29. https://www.slideshare.net/coingecko/coingecko-2018-full-year-cryptocurrency-report

A good project, even if listed will not dump. The same cannot be said for the rest.
RasenShuriken

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:20:48 AM

There is no way to avoid dump. If you would like to avoid dump, don't set up any bounty campaign in the project.
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:22:58 AM

No, there will always be people who will dump their tokens to make a quicker profit, or many people use trading bots that specifically kill the price so that these same people can then buy tokens at a low price. Also, the company itself very often merges its tokens for various reasons.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:25:01 AM

Most times, traders are the ones involved in bringing volume to a coin listed on exchange and they determine the price, depending of whether investors are willing to sell or not.
If the coin has a good product or good support, traders will be attracted. Although at the initial stage, the coin might trader at a price lower than the ICO price, but it will eventually rise.
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:33:59 AM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?

That's a good idea and should be the rule for all ICO your title should be to avoid ICO failure because people cannot dump something that they are not going to buy, and investors are wiser now they want a working product or platform.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:41:56 AM

You can't control the way investors are going to react after the release of a token on an exchange. There is always some people who are going to dump their tokens.
And some people will sell with a loss because of the fear that the price will drop more. Only a big demand for the token can avoid the dump of the price.
But the project should really be promising for it to succeed.
idontcare

Activity: 363

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:50:01 AM

I believe the dumping is because somebody doesn't has passion to hold their coins for some times, or perhaps they are in need on the money from the coins that they are selling.

I do not agree very much on this issue, I think it is very likely that they dumped with their altcoin because of previous fluctuations, causing them to collapse, panic and think they will lose everything, so they do so to get a bit of money they spent, so poor  Smiley

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:00:24 AM

Having a dump does not necessary means there is no buyer,it has become something of expectations, even good projects that investors are waiting to buy,they full of expectation that the price will dump so therefore setting a low price for order,at times,private investors and bounty hunters are also eager to sell and they are ready to do that at any price,things like these can cause a dump.
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:01:03 AM

This is a big problem, I am also surprised for the investors at ICO, they continue to register after the dump prices they are strong against it? I was just surprised to be surprised even though most ICOs were like that?
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:08:46 AM

The developers of ICO tokens should create a situation where the investors and bounty hunters will not want to dump their coins after ICO listing. Investors have gotten excess tokens due to bonuses during the ICO sales and are likely to sell to make profits.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:10:56 AM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.

The only way to stop dump after listing is to freeze tokens of big investors because this has a big effect on the price of a project. People should stop blaming bounty hunters since bounty hunters only hold a small portion of the total supply and not all bounty hunters dump their bounty reward.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:14:45 AM

The only way to stop dump after listing is to freeze tokens of big investors because this has a big effect on the price of a project. People should stop blaming bounty hunters since bounty hunters only hold a small portion of the total supply and not all bounty hunters dump their bounty reward.
Most bounty hunters are poor people. They are always working to be able to complete their work but when the token price falls, everyone blames those who work hard. Maybe they need money but the bounty hunter will only sell between 20% -40% of the money they have
dutechman

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:18:02 AM

Dumping after listing is a common phenomenon, even no matter how good the coin is, some will still dump it, I think it can only be minimised. I see a lot of people heaping blames on bounty hunters, but bounty hunters are not wrong at times to dump coins because even some bounty managers treat hunters as beggars, they will hold the reward and not distribute it on time, they might have their reason(s) for doing that but at the same time people lose interest in such project and they are looking for just slight opportunity to dump.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Nesbee2

Activity: 840
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 11:23:23 AM

some people say that bounty hunters and airdroppers are usually the cause of price dump after listing , i disagree with that to some extent  . that is because i have seen a project where the developers locked bounty rewards for 3 months after listing yet the price still dumped below ico price.

In my opinion i think the excessive bonus given to early investors in the project cause them to dump at any price.
Imagine a situation where an investor is given 50% bonus during ICO , what do you expect ? the investors on listing the token will want to dump at any price because he or she will still get the capital back.

I will suggest that in addition to locking the tokens  of both investors and bounty hunters for a while and  be releasing bit by bit, developers should also reduce the bonus tokens give to ICO investors.

Releasing the tokens bit by bit  and perhaps once in a month will reduce the supply in the market and definitely will increase the demand thereby raising the value of such tokens.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
Hunnykaushal31

Activity: 92
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:38:21 AM

Market decide the price once coin/token listed on exchanges so no one have control over it, what team can do is to deliver best product, exchanges,partnerships and other things.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:48:29 AM

Yes, there are too few investors and this is why many projects are waiting for listing their tokens. It's a big problem because ICO investors in that way loose faith about that project.
The token dumps after listing maybe they have no product yet or most of the hodlers are bounty hunter who loves to dump token after listing. I also know some project who are still not available in the market because they are too busy building good projects like Investacoin, i think its right to make an improvemen on their product first before the exchange listing it can attract more investors.
memecoin

Activity: 308

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:16:33 PM

Being dumped is normal. We have no way to avoid it. We face it and make difficult decisions between selling and holding. If the project has reserves for the price stability of the token, I think that dumping will not be serious.

Dumping is very serious for solitary investors like us, which can be deadly, causing prices to drop so much in the crypto market. If someone dumped, I saw it as an enemy, making me lose more money  Roll Eyes

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: