Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins  (Read 24205 times)
ottogary

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:00:14 AM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

That is agree able about the condition of the that happen right now, most of the coins were dropping their value.
But for everyone who keep on holding, that is OK if they are believe they will meet a good time in the future or they are ready if something even worst happen.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:16:12 AM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

Yeah, I agree with you. Never wait for Bullrun of your coins/tokens, sell it when you can gain profit. There's no guarantee your coins/tokens can pump somedays.
I have same experience like you before so if a got my bounty payment I will try to sell my coins/tokens as fast as I can before dump if can gain decent profit from my bounty payment...
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:24:01 AM

Yes i agree we must not depend on the predictions that bullrun will come at a given time because no one really knows when will it come. So many predictions that a bullrun will happen at 2018 but it never come, we just need to sell our coins/altcoins when we have a decent profit and not be greedy for more.

libert19

Activity: 2548
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 03:51:44 AM

Pretty much same mistakes I made, I had literally a life changing money from the last years bounties/airdrops, but alas didn't sell.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:07:15 AM

Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
we have to make a plan when we have to keep our altcoin with set target price and when we have to sell our coins.if we have no plan about it we just holding without doing anything and it could harmed us.
not only that but the biggest mistake often made by traders or investors is panic, because if you often experience panic it will bring you loss of money or loss. so what we have to fight is panic and never be greedy too

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:19:45 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2019, 04:33:02 AM by canaveralnonie

Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.
we have to make a plan when we have to keep our altcoin with set target price and when we have to sell our coins.if we have no plan about it we just holding without doing anything and it could harmed us.

not only that but the biggest mistake often made by traders or investors is panic, because if you often experience panic it will bring you loss of money or loss. so what we have to fight is panic and never be greedy too
Panic is sudden uncontrollable emotion which is not good specially on this kind of crypto market, more or less... it will bring misdeal and turn into loss. This is common if you are newbie/beginner on this kind of league.
canaveralnonie

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

Dota2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:31:37 AM

Have atleast a plan on how much you want to earn. Never expect that the prices will remain or the prices will keep growing.  You'll never really know what will happen to the market. 2018 gave a huge blow to investors and it showed how cruel the market can be.

Why you invest on the project and never expect that the price will grow or atleast remain, this is suicide. Because you set your mind to plan on how to throw your  money without expecting a good profit. You should learn to be more optimistic and find a good project that has a high potential of profit.
Ruffian1314
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 05:09:46 AM

Thats a good advice but what if there is really no profit at all? How can we sell coins from bounties and airdrops if there is still no value since i got it? We can only hodl it until the time that it will have value. I think many bounty hunters are still holding due to zero value of coins.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:16:49 AM

Indeed fluctuations can occur at any time and we do not know specifically on cryptcurrency, but with analysis we can predict maybe a large enough percentage of market movements, then your mistake is to wait for the bull market without a clear analysis of why you have to wait.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:20:42 AM

Yes, of course, if you are satisfied with the price of the coins, then you must sell them otherwise it will not work

I don't think that's the best, because according to those signs I think that in the near future it is likely that the prices of altcoin will increase sharply, so it is important to keep them until the price is high  Cool

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
oceanx
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:30:39 AM

If altcoins are obtained from the bounty campaign, you can sell half, half to leave for growth. To diversify risks.
Smon

Activity: 271

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:35:14 AM

I think our situation is the same as yours, holding altcoins for long term and wait for more profit, unfortunately bear market in whole years and our portfolio assets is lower than before, it's a big mistake for me, so I'll set a selling target price and avoid the mistake appear again.

This is necessary to prepare for a volatility, but I think this is still a little flawed, the altcoin we buy at cheap prices and accumulate them for a long time, so I think we need Very long and long time  Huh

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:51:32 AM

We all start off as amateurs, and we have all lost money throughout out trading experience. In his first month of trading, Miles went from $1,000 to $300. I’ve lost a lot by selling at losses inspired by fear. No one is perfect, no one wins every single trade. Don’t let the losses discourage you, because the reality is they’re making you better trader if you choose to learn from them.
vhns222

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:01:19 AM

You are not alone mandy have done same mistake and i was one of them another my mistake was buying on 8.5 then i couldnt even imagine we were going to long bear market.

anjho.ace

Activity: 371
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:10:39 AM

I was a newbie and i had a coin which has a decent amount.
I tried to do a day trade to make more from it though it was not good as i dont have enough knowledge and patience.
I just lose some amount instead of having more and sold my tokens/coins at very low price.
casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:20:53 AM

You are right a lot do the same mistake, In my opinion it's not good to hodl bounties and airdrops it's completely luck when the tokens are listed on the exchanges you need to sell them immediately to see a descent profit rather than waiting for a big amount.

The mistake is not only one and most of us get into it every time we want to make a little more surprise, or maybe the new island fire is created and we are their first victims. It is so simple  Grin

Am I spamming? Report me!
Abosede

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:25:56 AM

We keep making the mistake of waiting for bull run and that has cost many people what supposed to be their asset,many have lost their portfolio to that,we must learn to survive in the bear market and one of the way to survive is to know when to take your profit, or else you will end up losing everything that should have been a profit to you.greed will make you lose everything.
DainSLane

Activity: 784
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:31:02 AM

Mistakes are there but it is up all to you or how you decision with your altcoins, when are you gonna sell or when you gonna hold your altcoins it is all depends how you react with the market condition. Wise decision makes you successful.
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:40:48 AM

From my part i don't see what has happened to you as a mistake at all.I believe for everyone who invest wants to earn  profits which often times are large. Though the bear market's taking longer than envisaged,  it's gonna give way to the bull one day.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:58:27 AM

Thank you for your reminder that in the early 2019, the price of many altcoins began to rise slowly, waiting for a suitable opportunity, I will sell the tokens in my hands.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: