Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulations or Anonymity  (Read 1004 times)
Aniwura

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:20:57 PM

Several projects reveal the identity of their team through their social media accounts, were they can be contacted, while there are some who do not reveal in any way.
I agree with the fact that the team showed be made to do full kyc, perhaps with a particular regulatory body, but should be ignored for investors, except when using exchanges.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:31:18 PM

I think that KYC will not solve the problem of fraud completely. I like the idea that was expressed by people above that the KYC be useful to developers of the project. But if we try to make KYC for everyone, it will not lead to anything good. Because people are here because of decentralization and anonymity.

edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:43:04 PM

I have been a strong believer and advocate of crypto regulations. There is simply no way this industry survives if regulations don't come in fast. With all the atrocious acts, fraud and gaming taking place in this industry, it is obvious that the crypto space need regulations and other forms of control. If nothing happens in this regard, then we might see a high scale melt down and continuous abuse of the system. Anonymity has contributed to these wide spread rot in the system and it is time proactive solutions and steps are put in place to checkmate these challenges and I think regulations could do the trick.
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:57:55 PM

These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?

I think that only in the presence of Full KYC will it eradicate scams, the possibility of a scam even though having full regulation is still there. so regulation in my opinion will also be in vain. The solution, in my opinion, is that regulations continue to run naturally, they will remain anonymous and must stay on track. We cannot damage the initial guidelines of anonymous crypto

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:13:46 AM

Of course I will choose anonymity, we need currency that able to give us freedom and unique feature to used, if the government doesn't interfere then it will be a great things, but now the government doesn't want just to sit idle, kyc in crypto is a bad thing, we don't know for sure what will the developers going to do with our data
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:34:39 AM

I think that KYC will not solve the problem of fraud completely. I like the idea that was expressed by people above that the KYC be useful to developers of the project. But if we try to make KYC for everyone, it will not lead to anything good. Because people are here because of decentralization and anonymity.
We will not be able to completely do in cryptocurrency without anonymity, or without certain rules in it. Need a golden mean. KYC checks cannot be applied to everyone, otherwise it will do more harm than good. KYC checks, for example, are meaningless for bounty hunters and small investors.
At the same time, the rules are needed here, otherwise hackers and scammers will rule here, and the state will never legalize cryptocurrency.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
ucok456

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:28:13 AM

Regulations and Anonymity have their respective places. If you talk about Blockchain, anonymity is the best thing. But if you talk about ICO, then regulations are things that need to be considered so that there is no fraud.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:44:07 AM

We are already increasingly convinced that without the introduction of certain rules in the activities of the ICO, their regulation by the state, this activity is increasingly at an impasse due to the very high level of fraud in it. In addition to restoring the cryptocurrency market, only such regulation can revive this activity. I hope that this year many states will regulate the activities of the ICO in order to protect the rights of participants in the cryptocurrency market without affecting the fundamental principles of this type of activity.
gensol

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:05:03 AM

People believe the only way out for crypto as it is currently is regulation. Regulations is good but then it's against everything Satoshi stood for when he was developing the bitcoin network. But to help safeguard investors money regulations is needed especially in areas of ICOs.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 10:51:20 AM

I choose  regulation as this is the  key to global acceptance of  the cryptocurrency industry, also with regulations and  policy formulation through government involvement, scammers  in the space will be eliminated, this is the future of  cryptocurrency development.
ElenaN

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:45:34 AM

I do not think that regulation will help in any way; fraud will also be possible in this situation, because a person will always find an opportunity to benefit!
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:00:26 PM

I choose  regulation as this is the  key to global acceptance of  the cryptocurrency industry, also with regulations and  policy formulation through government involvement, scammers  in the space will be eliminated, this is the future of  cryptocurrency development.

We can very well do with both. It's going to be difficult to stick to just either of the two since anonymity is a feature that sets crypto aside from controlled fiat. It gives power to the people over their money and transactions while regulation is essential to patch the holes in security for this market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:51:03 PM

I agree that the regulation will lead us to the more rapid adoption of cryptocurrency in the world, but I do not think that it will help to eliminate scammers

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Kelvinikke

Activity: 350

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:11:25 PM

Regulations in the crypto space is actually not a bad idea as it would help with the regulations of scam projects in the crypto community but the fear that most crypto enthusiasts have is the fact that how safe are their data going to be stored on some platforms. We heard recently off the data breach that occured at Facebook. I believe strongly nobody wants his private information sold to anybody and so this is why some people really think crypto activities should be fully based on anonymity.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
takngantuk

Activity: 1024
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:22:52 PM

These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.

I personally want a regulation because this can accelerate mass adoption. but for some people anonymity is very important and this is the attraction of crypto.

so why don't we combine them.,  crypto which has regulations but does not eliminate the function of its anonymity. that way a person will agree and want to use crypto.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:55:59 PM

I do not think that regulation will help in any way; fraud will also be possible in this situation, because a person will always find an opportunity to benefit!
Yes, but regulation will help us make cryptocurrencies more open to people. many investors now do not trust to cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:04:30 PM

I am for anonymity, let it be more difficult with it, more scam, more risks and deception, however I am my own boss and I am responsible for the safety of my funds, this is a crypto currency, which means everything should be anonymous.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 06:25:28 PM

I believe that the lack of anonymity in cryptocurrencies kills the whole point of their use. For me, anonymity is one of the main advantages of cryptocurrency. In my opinion, the regulation should concern only the ICO, but investors should be able not to disclose their identity.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:35:58 PM

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
Anonymous is the main advantage of crypto currencies but in blockchain there is not fully anonymous,the data stored in the blocka can be viewed by anyone but there can't able to make any changes on that blocks.Regulations will not be related to this and it is impossible to do that even.Many countries having regulations for crypto currency usage but no one can regulate what we need to use and not on cryptos.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 06:38:59 PM

It is hard to say which one choice is better for cryptocurrency future.
If we decide about anonymity, more scams will be cerated.
If we decide about regulations, this market will not be free anymore.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: