Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO reached hard cap - 50 MILLION- not listed in an exchange - SCAM?  (Read 795 times)
jeromix (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:05:49 AM

I have join a project to which it claims that the team was able to collect 50M in USD but until now they could not be able to list the token in an exchange. Their reason was the team were preparing the platform for almost 3 mos. now. I am starting to believe it when they show something great after sponsoring a certain event to which the name of the project was being flashed in the screen. Is it possible that the team is telling the truth? They want to bring a project with demand so that the token will not be undervalued. What do you think of this project scam or not? I could not name the project for now to protect their reputation.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:14:26 AM

You didn't even give links to check, how is people supposed to give you an answer?

shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:14:43 AM

It is hard to tell whether the project is scam by reading your post. Listing in an exchange take time, I believe 3 months is still alright. In this bear market, many projects are wary to list coins in exchanges since most coins depreciate in values.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 10:19:46 AM

On another perspective, I think it's a good strategy. You know what happens when there's no product and you list your token on the market? Straight dump. Instead of demanding to list on exchange asap, you should demand them to work on their product and see the progress. There's no need to rush listing on any exchange when the demand for the token is nonexistent. On top of that, I believe some people will eventually cry when they see the price fell really hard because of dumpers.

I can name a few if you want: Arround, XBASE, Essentia, etc.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:30:55 AM

If the project has really collected the stated amount of funds, then I guess you should not worry. Entering the current market will necessarily be accompanied by a fall in the price of the token, which means this will affect the finances of the project. However, you did not give any additional information in order to be able to answer in more detail.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:33:39 AM

I have join a project to which it claims that the team was able to collect 50M in USD but until now they could not be able to list the token in an exchange. Their reason was the team were preparing the platform for almost 3 mos. now. I am starting to believe it when they show something great after sponsoring a certain event to which the name of the project was being flashed in the screen. Is it possible that the team is telling the truth? They want to bring a project with demand so that the token will not be undervalued. What do you think of this project scam or not? I could not name the project for now to protect their reputation.

alot of projects are refraining from listing on exchanges in this bearish condition of the market, so if you want us to help check if the project is functional, you can provide their website link, or telegram link.

Then chat up the admins, after verifying their roadmap.
we cannot help you by just reading your  comments, so give a link soon
beehimneff

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:39:17 AM

It is difficult to say for sure, we can only assume. Perhaps the team is telling the truth and the token is slowly being prepared for the bear market. But it is possible that the project team blatantly lying and just stalling.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:48:40 AM

When a project not listed on exchanges for long term doesn't mean they were scammers if they are keep developing their project and keep updating to the investors.
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:52:34 AM

Usually what i do is just check Etherscan with the project token name and check how many holders they got . Even sometimes check the holders wallets , if there is some tokens in wallet allong with Ethereum then its possible thats the investor . If there is just project tokens you was searching for and no history in wallet , then probably thats a trick to attract investors by telling they are close to hardcap and that you got few hours to invest =] First thing to do is check contract adress , how many ETH they collected . If they trying to hide contract adress , then probably its fishy project Smiley
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:00:40 AM

With the market condition, some ICOs take a long time to list on exchanges. We cannot get an idea about that ICO is a scam or not with it. You have to check out the team is legit or not before invest that ICO. You can check out future updates about that project and ask about exchange listing from the team.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:17:26 AM

I think that would be a scam if it didn't match their whitepaper. however, if it is one of the roadmaps they make, it is normal. sometimes they develop the project first, and do various kinds of tests before putting it in the market so that everyone who has the token feels the function of the tokens they have. but if this has been for months, I think you should suspect it and keep monitoring the project.
herfianto

Activity: 672

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 11:20:32 AM

If you can, which ICO project do you mean?
maybe that is the strategy of the ICO project itself. Doing a listing is currently very risky for a project, their prices will dump quickly depend current market situation .

JuggSlash

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:31:30 AM

I can expect if they were on the period where they cannot take a risk of dump on their tokens once they hit an exchange. Most probably they were submitting to exchange once crypto goin' to a bullish pattern.
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 12:07:59 PM

Maybe it's best to provide more info about the project you have mentioned in your post so that everyone can decide whether it's scam or not. Having reached the hardcap in a project was already an achievement and you should be proud because you are part of that success.

darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:11:00 PM

Definitely. Since October 2018 I have participated in a few bounties of some projects, They have completed and reach hardcap from $ 30-40 million but until now they are still silent and not listed at any wherever, all become scam
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:21:03 PM

You should not protect their reputation because they are not doing the right thing of listing their coins in the market, so investors can see and trade right away this is one of the reasons why investors are losing interest because of too long waiting to get it in the market.
I hope you can edit your post and name the ICO.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:21:13 PM

do not rush to determine a decision and even accuse the project of being a scam project. maybe their roadmap has determined the time for their coins to be listed on an exchanger, or maybe the exchanger hasn't approved the coin listing on their exchanger. therefore it would be better if you gather information and evidence about the clarity of the project.
via telegram group, ANN, bounty Manager or their other social media accounts to support your suspicion.
baigreen

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:50:45 PM

I think I know what project is being discussed. But let's look from the other side. Now the market is very bad. And no one wants to take part in it. All projects are pulled with the exchange. It is a fact. Everyone wants to make a profit. If they come to the market now and do not give a price to them, there will also be many questions. I think this is not a scam. Just a strategy.
caffu chino

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 12:55:10 PM

not all projects that don't have a market are scams. want each development team to have their own ways to make the project grow. some are more focused on developing and some want to market their tokens.

as long as the project does have a good progress in the development phase, I don't think it's a problem for the tokens they have the market or not. at present many projects are directly listing their tokens but the price is destroyed. maybe that is one of the considerations, why is the team not too focused on listing tokens.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 01:09:08 PM

Due to the highest listing now in the exchange, it is normal if the ICO finished only 3 month, if you have any question, better to join their official telegram and ask about the question.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: