Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:30:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto as a payment method for goods: what to expect in 2019  (Read 17310 times)
56 nights (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 05:42:39 AM

Hi guys.
I'm wondering what's your opinion on the goods purchased in currencies other than euros or dollars, say crypto. I'm aware it's being used as a regular currency in various fields now. There are, for instance, lots of successfully run marketplaces based on crypto out there. 
Over the past year, the market capitalization within crypto soared to the Moon.  Unfortunately, it's been a bear trend for a while now and no one can say for sure when it's gone. However, I am still thinking there's some light at the end of the tunnel - new market, pretty few competitors, great potential. So it's high time to become an active user.

So that begs the questions: Your thoughts on crypto as a payment method? Any progress achieved in the upcoming year?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 06:51:44 AM

Sure, many payment projects now are close to integrating crypto-fiat payments in shops. It depends on the progress of Lightning Network actually whether BTC is the main movers or not. From what I see, LN wouldn't be ready in 2019. Therefore, this is the year for altcoins to overtake BTC as payment tools.

BTC would stay strong to be the internet gold. Crypto-exchanges would still anchor BTC for trading pairs, but not for buying goods from stores.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinForAll

Activity: 401
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:22:57 AM

The bearish trend has really crippled the desire to keep the assets in the crypt and increase them, so the capitalization this year will definitely sink. as for the prospects, it is not yet clear whether the presence of cryptocurrencies will increase in everyday life.
In any case, the experience of many successful projects shows that moving in this direction is not the worst idea.
Greenwinter

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:36:06 AM

I think now is not the best time to enter the market. many will say that the best time than panic sell and can not think of, but I'm not a supporter of this position. despite this, it is safe to say that even in the current not the most positive situation, the use of the crypt will be found for anyone, a question of needs.
blackberry_pie

Activity: 425

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:46:04 AM

I read recently that many Chinese investors of the crypto went to gold instead of the crypto. This fact alerted me. And then I thought that this is a normal market situation and the departure of investors in another matter is a regular situation.Left-old will come new. I think the influx of new investors will definitely be that will increase the performance of the crypt. And such projects as the purchase of goods for the crypto currency will definitely develop, because while there is a market, there will be a need for the turnover and sale of the crypto currency.
desioner

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:52:06 AM

Hi guys.
I'm wondering what's your opinion on the goods purchased in currencies other than euros or dollars, say crypto. I'm aware it's being used as a regular currency in various fields now. There are, for instance, lots of successfully run marketplaces based on crypto out there. 
Over the past year, the market capitalization within crypto soared to the Moon.  Unfortunately, it's been a bear trend for a while now and no one can say for sure when it's gone. However, I am still thinking there's some light at the end of the tunnel - new market, pretty few competitors, great potential. So it's high time to become an active user.

So that begs the questions: Your thoughts on crypto as a payment method? Any progress achieved in the upcoming year?

I have no insight into what 2019 holds in terms of overall payments made with bitcoin. But I have for the past 3 years happily been accepting bitcoin for my goods & services. My clients have bene happy with that so they continue to use me even if they have hesitations to get into bitcoin! I'm always glad to help out the noobies with things like that.
OrangePotato

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 07:56:26 AM

I wonder what markets have you heard of? I recently found MT, now studying. I have a feeling this is going to take off. I decided that while there is time it is necessary to get acquainted with this market.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:26:57 AM

It isn't tackled anymore about Bakkt and Fidelity but I think it will give a certain force that will drive more people and businesses to adopt crypto as a means of payment. The market is speculative and people doesn't want to take risk without assurance of what they are entering.

Many of them are scared that this bear won't end but rest assured, crypto as a payment method has been always a success. There's no certain measurement on how successful it was but take this forum as an example of its success. And for that progress that you've been asking, it's too early to say.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:31:54 AM

Just wait for it but I don't think it is going to get much progress in 2019 as a payment system since the prices fell too much so firstly the prices need to recover and then it convinces people to invest more and then it maybe considered as a payment system looks like a longer process for me.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:45:50 AM

As mentioned crypto payments were getting integrated with large scale businesses. This starts from even small shops located on rural part of the nation. Right now these stores weren't generating big revenue through bitcoin acceptance. Slowly this will change with more and more revenue being generated through crypto services.
bitcoin_hunter

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:49:38 AM

How many people so much and of views. Someone stopped believing in the crypt and transferred their assets. The other part, on the contrary, believes in it and invests literally the last. The same second part of people is actively studying marketplaces, where they pay with crypt. And the reviews of these people are only positive.
YellowZapdos

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:26:27 AM

The potential of the crypto market is already foolish to deny. For Example: Beatify, Purse.io, MT. We live, everything changes, after some time the crypt will become an alternative currency. And who refused the crypt not long ago going to be sorry. See what results they show. These sites are free to compete with conventional marketplaces
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:36:24 AM

Pressures coming from people and businesses who already cater bitcoin or crypto adoptions will bring more light to this question, few days ago I saw threads about members who enjoyed visiting asian country and use his bitcoin as payment process, if that can be implemented from that specific place and more people will learned about that, for sure it will bring more additions to businesses that will ride with the popularity of this industry.

We just need to be calm while waiting for the mass adoptions that we are all hoping to happen, bringing this industry to whole world and be successful
from the field that it was really intended to be used.
AlbinoBlue

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:52:55 AM

I do not understand why any unstable dynamics in the crypto market is considered as a quick death? Guys, it's the same market, it's also unstable from time to time. if you take the whole crypto movement - it's only positive way. Projects are interesting. Take the same visio with MT cryptomarket. There's more advantages than the similar projects. 1.Assortment 2. There is a private exchanger, with a good rate of 3.The theme of the auction,fans of a freebie
BBjoe

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:20:30 AM

Wait or enter the world of crypto now or later, the question of each person. I believe that now is not the time to immerse yourself in it completely. As for the purchase of goods for the crypt-it's different. Especially for those who already have a crypt. I think the purchase of goods on crypto markets is one of the ways to study this market. If you are interested in this topic,the study 21 Market, OpenBazaar, and the MT stuff is really good
DoNotTouchMyTraLaLa

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:53:27 AM

I'm more interested in whether there are projects that are not related to markets, but also based on the payment of goods and services for the crypt?
Flex_Master

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:10:36 AM

To say that there is no competition - it's stupid, you've mentioned a couple of markets. After all, they function and there are at least 5 of them, in this case, the question of competition is open.
Matthias K.

Activity: 33

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:17:56 AM

Any progress achieved in the upcoming year?

I hope that LN will get a boom. A wide use. Then we can start using for real Bitcoin as a payment method.
And I think that it's enough that even some web wallet providers offer LN channels and some bold merchants do the same.
Bear_Cub

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:29:30 AM

I think as long as one is the most competitive market is MT, Yes relatively young. But the potential is good. I have not heard any negative reviews
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:34:32 AM

To achieve a goal, of course there will be many things that we encounter during the journey, as well as crypto currencies where in the current year are going through difficult times where I see public confidence in the crypto currency starting to decline due to the many phenomena that occur the last time, but in my opinion in the coming year crypto currencies will enter a period of recovery and investors will again increase even more than last year.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: