Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC SHOULD BE STOPPED FOR BOUNTY HUNTERS  (Read 55958 times)
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 03:52:39 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

This is just an example of what is happening.

What do you all really think about kyc for bounty hunters?
I completely agree with your reasoning. Bounty hunters cannot be considered clients of ICO projects, since we do not invest our own money in them. It should not be forgotten that the main task of KYC verification is prevention in the laundering of dirty money and countering the financing of terrorism. From this it follows that only investors must pass the KYC check. However, there should be a minimum amount for them, below which investors should pass this test.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 03:54:45 PM

BITCOIN and cryptocurrency was created to be unknown and have a freedom in making a profit
this was designed for people and their freedom to have it. KYC must not be implemented! there is no room for that!

Skyshark

Activity: 505
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 03:58:46 PM

Unfortunately, there are some ICOs that require them by law to execute KYC for bounty participants so the latter has no choice but to obey to get their reward.  

You were so right. I've encountered some ICO's that posted the need of KYC at the very start of their campaigns. They leave the decision to us if we're willing to participate or not. So really there was no room for resentment or grievances for would be investors and bounty hunters in the end.

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:00:01 PM

Applying kyc can reduce the number of bounty abusers but participants must be notified first before or when they register. So that those who reluctance to the policy will not continue to participate. I think it can give a win win solution for both hunter and developer.

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:05:17 PM

There cannot be any uniform rules about KYC for bounty hunters. It will vary with every ICO and the regulations of tits home country that it is trying to follow. Instead of KYC, some bounty campaigns forbid citizens of certain countries to participate in the bounty. Therefore, it is important to check the rules carefully beforehand or ask the bounty manager when not clear.
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:15:36 PM

I think for bounty hunters, the only solution it offers is to checkmate dubious bounty hunters with multiple accounts. But asides that, kyc effect is totally useless since they are not buying the coins

chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:37:22 PM

Kyc is not really necessary for bounty hunter, we are not buying tokens, I believe that kyc is God for investors only because they are the buyers, kyc means know your customer, that is why we need to passed a requirement for our identity. But in me part I strongly believe that kyc is not really important to bounty hunter it is more important for investors.

Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:52:10 PM

Applying kyc can reduce the number of bounty abusers but participants must be notified first before or when they register. So that those who reluctance to the policy will not continue to participate. I think it can give a win win solution for both hunter and developer.
yes i agree, applying for bounty campaign can reduce people from cheating bounty campaign, because so much cheater are cheating bounty and make very detrimental to bounty hunters who work honestly

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 04:59:45 PM

THIS MUST BE STOPPED! as loong as i know this currency WAS creted to be anonymous i everyting and that is the main reason then.
though we cant over protect our selves right:// but p-lease stop this non sense KYC!
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 05:01:44 PM

KYC should be do by investors, but for bounty hunter it is definitely not necessary, but how can we achieve this ?
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 05:16:10 PM

What is KYC? It means knowing your customer. In KYC some requirements are required such as: Full Name, Residence address, Citizenship, Birth date, Photo of government issued ID (Driver’s License, Passport, ID card),
Social Security number or Tax Identification, Bank Statement, Utility Bill, Photo of bank card .

I honestly think kyc should be stopped for bounty hunters, reason being that we are not buying the token of the project ,rather we are rendering services  to create awareness for the project. Which ought to be paid for.

In another view, if a bounty hunter has to go through KYC ,then it should be at the start of the bounty, during registration, if accepted or passed, then you go on with the bounty.

I did a bounty which i passed, and earned some amount of the token, but i failed kyc and my effort was gone just like that, after rendering my services to them by promoting the project. I got really pained.

Why would you ever stop their KYC procedures? I think it will depend on the country where the project belongs! it may differ if they need to validate their hunters and that matters. So please just join those without KYC if you don't like it.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 05:44:00 PM

I think KYC is good to protect multiple entries of the same hunter. Having a KYC requirement helps preventing imminent dumping from bounty hunters. Also, not all project demands KYC. So, if you're not agreed, simply do not join that bounty.
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:59:59 AM

yeah, Kyc Must me be not a requirements for bounty to claim the rewards of the bounty hunter, because we didnt invest money. only time and effort
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:02:42 AM

But now many of the teams are doing a rule quickly. like when their division immediately announces the previous campaign, the team has no information about the Kyc, but now it is just the opposite

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 11:37:22 AM

Since spamming and cheating rate is alarming now I guess the only way to stop it is through KYC implementation so I don't see anything wrong with that but one ,how safe is our identity? Its the only problem I've got with KYC

harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:49:06 AM

I do not mind doing KYC as long as the project I am following is paying well, it is risky but KYC also helps minimize fraud committed by prize takers.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:52:44 AM

I completely agree with your reasoning. Bounty hunters cannot be considered clients of ICO projects, since we do not invest our own money in them. It should not be forgotten that the main task of KYC verification is prevention in the laundering of dirty money and countering the financing of terrorism. From this it follows that only investors must pass the KYC check. However, there should be a minimum amount for them, below which investors should pass this test.
You all say it right.At the forum it was discussed many times. And what is the use of this?As it was necessary to pass this procedure to participants of a bounty so everything and remained on former places.If anyone is afraid for their personal data simply do not participate in these companies.There are no grounds for refusing to participate in the KYC procedure.If the project team conducting the ICO wants you to go through KYC, it will be so.The participants of the bounty simply do not have leverage.

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:04:34 PM

I am agree to stop issuing KYC for bounty participants. KYC means Know Your Customer, we all know that bounty hunters are just promoters of the ICO project/s and they are not a customer but there are also times that bounty hunters are also a investors.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:05:24 PM

I think that KYC process has to be reverted.. DEVS and TEAM have to pass a public KYC so that investors can be safer, not bounty hunters...
tranthiky

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:10:42 PM

When you join a bounty campaign and it forces participants to pass KYC. The first thing you should do is pass their identity verification program. If you fail, you should not join this campaign. You should ask them why your identity verification process was rejected.

You should accept their rules before joining any program.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: