Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:04:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can New Projects compete with the established ones?  (Read 948 times)
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:48:10 AM

That depends with the team members if they are serious enough to develop the project, build stronger partnerships, giving trust with their community and how they promote the project. There are thousands of altcoins existing already in the crypto space and most of them can be considered as trash so if they will be able to avoid those negative footsteps from established altcoins then they can definitely compete with the older ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:56:40 AM

I think that it's very hard to compete to consolidated and old project for new ICO.... the main  problem is the lack of trust that investors actually have...so even if a project has good ideas it's not easy to make them spread in crypto community.
Ellionise

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:39:51 PM

Why not ... I think it is quite possible if new projects bring any new ideas that investors and society can appreciate!
Well now there are many examples, eos tron are those coins that came out that year and capitalization even overtake the old coins ! I think compete of course can but it depends on the product!

VECAP ▬ next generation of smart home
https://vecap.io/
Phonexy
Copper Member

Activity: 157
Merit: 0

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 09:14:26 PM

I do not think a new coin can every take over Bitcoin or Ethereum but I think that new coins have the potential to reach the top 10 in the market cap, there are some new projects with so much prospects lately and many of them still coming.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:44:26 PM

Of course, there may be new projects that will be able to compete with top projects. But these projects should offer something new, unique.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 09:56:35 PM

Most of the new coins at this time cannot successfully compete with the established one especially at this time when things are not going well with crypto market. Many of them do not even make it to exchanges let alone competition.  Few that make it quickly drop in ICO price because of massive dump.  As a result of these and some other factors, it will be difficult for new projects to compete with the existing ones.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:10:11 PM

Why not? New ideas are always good. Without new ideas there will be monopoly and there will be no progress. If the new ideas coming up are having a more advanced and more different features than the existing one, then maybe that will be the next big thing that is going to rise that would match the cryptocurrency king.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 10:21:25 PM

New projects can compete with established ones
They just need to have a good working prototype and product that would invite investors and partners
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:25:33 PM

There is no doubt about it, that some coins are already established, so those that are just coming up need to do a lot, in terms of development.
Every coin is looking and working towards mass adoption. So if the new coin has been able to gain mass adoption, there will be little tasks left to compete favourably with those that have been well established.
AnimeKingman (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:12:31 AM

I think here the answer is clear - can compete and even quite successfully, provided that the idea of the project is new and really advanced, and not another clone of the popular project

But how do you feel about Nauticus? They're another exchange but they'll be doing Securities and FIAT onboarding as well as BNB token economics with their NTS token

And I know people grill GRIN for being an experimental coin but I think it's got potential too
djuragan

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:20:46 AM

Hi everyone; as I'm sure you're all aware new projects continue to flood into the crypto space at a regular pace; (my newest favorite being GRIN and Nauticus) however I am wondering if these can compete with the established projects like BTC and BNB?

https://grin-tech.org/

I feel like Grin is a much more fair playing ground than Bitcoin; with no premine and no ICO etc; and much stronger privacy (maybe better compared to monero?)

https://nauticus.exchange/

Much like Binances BNB due to trade fee reduction; but with FIAT onramping and Securities incoming.

Can newer projects make big enough waves to usurp their much older larger brethren?
It is possible for a new project to be even better than any existing project.
Every project has the chance of success, but the way towards that point would be to make the project to be the best possible outcome that everyone wanting so much from a project.

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▐▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▐▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▐▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▓▓▓▌    ▀▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌        ▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓              ▐▓▓▓
      ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▌      ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▐▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       ▓▓▓▌       ▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   ▐▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
.Money Transfer and Investment.
...Instagramhugeb Facebook hugeb Twitter hugeb Youtube ...

█▄                                     ▄▄▌
     ██▄██▄▄                                ▄███▄█
     ▀▀█▄█▄██▌▀▄                       ▄▄█▀█ ▄███▀
     ▐█▄█▀▀█▀██▄█▀▄                 ▄█▀█▄██▐▀▀█▄▄█
       ▀▀█████▀█████▄              ██▌███▀█████▀▀
      ██▀█████████ ██▄▄▄▄██▄▄█▄█▄▄█████▄▄▀█▄█████▀
     ▐████ ▄▄██████▐███▀▀▀████▀▀▀███▄██████▄▄▀████
       ▀ ███▄█████████▐▄▀▀   ▐█▀▐▐██████▀█▄███▀▀▀      ▌
       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▐█▀█▄ ▀  █▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
          ▄██▐█▀ █▀██▄██▌      ██ ▄█▄▐█ ▀█▐█▄
              ▄█▐ ▀▀▀▐ █ ▌█▀█▌▌▐██ ▀▀ ▀▐█▄
                      ▀▐ █ █▄▄▌▐
                       ▄ ▄██▐█
                    ▄██▌▄  ▄  ▀▄▀██
                     ▄████ ▌███▀██
                       ██▌█▌█▌██▌   
                          ▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JOIN OUR VISION TODAY
FOR A BETTER WORLD TOMORROW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
     █   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ██████
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
     █  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
     █              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
     █                      █
     █  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
     █                      █
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AnimeKingman (OP)

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:34:35 AM

There is no doubt about it, that some coins are already established, so those that are just coming up need to do a lot, in terms of development.
Every coin is looking and working towards mass adoption. So if the new coin has been able to gain mass adoption, there will be little tasks left to compete favourably with those that have been well established.

What do you think the factors that lead to mass adoption are?
Mwhitlatch

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:35:41 AM

Hi everyone; as I'm sure you're all aware new projects continue to flood into the crypto space at a regular pace; (my newest favorite being GRIN and Nauticus) however I am wondering if these can compete with the established projects like BTC and BNB?

https://grin-tech.org/

I feel like Grin is a much more fair playing ground than Bitcoin; with no premine and no ICO etc; and much stronger privacy (maybe better compared to monero?)

https://nauticus.exchange/

Much like Binances BNB due to trade fee reduction; but with FIAT onramping and Securities incoming.

Can newer projects make big enough waves to usurp their much older larger brethren?
It is possible for a new project to be even better than any existing project.
Every project has the chance of success, but the way towards that point would be to make the project to be the best possible outcome that everyone wanting so much from a project.

Nauticus seems to be doing that with their marketing and roadmap planning, listening to people and giving them what they want.

GRIN needs work. Theres no proof of receipt yet.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:59:25 AM

Of course, there may be new projects that will be able to compete with top projects. But these projects should offer something new, unique.
yes, of course it can. even though the project is similar, they can still survive. sometimes new projects, offer something different, and it becomes their superiority compared to existing projects. well, I saw a project like that several times.
Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:28:05 AM

I think we should always keep an eye on new projects. Because they are already trying to avoid the mistakes of the previous ones. And sometimes it is better to re-create something than to redo it. Therefore, I always follow new directions.

fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:04:00 PM

Depends on the project and the size really. If you can build a product that is wanted by everyone, then it will sell.

If you build a coin that is really good and idea is loved by everyone, execution is great, team behind it is great, they have funds to market it vastly and everywhere, then they will get the funding they deserve from the ICO and afterwards with their good idea and good execution and good team and good marketing, well you understand where I am going. Established also depends on what the rank you are talking about.

There are coins that is 5+ years old which is beneath a thousand coins, dead and burred however there are coins that are top ranked like btc,eth,xrp as well. So, if you mean if a new coin can get into top 20, yes it can, if you mean a new coin can get into top 10? it could, a bit harder, but if you mean a coin going into top 3 ? That's really hard to achieve.
Nuxxorcoin

Activity: 332
Merit: 22

Turkish Translator

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:32:51 PM

Yes of course. There is always a competition on the market. No matter what product is. The blockchain is really a new project. Its only 10 years old and new projects will come day by day. And the best ones will challenge.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:22:07 PM

I have no doubts that the new coins are going to show their potential on the upcoming bearish market. They have not experienced any bullish trend and we will see who will win this battle, but I am almost sure that new coins are going to be better.

BULVRDapp
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 08:50:04 PM

Innovation doesn't care about who came first.
Halmater

Activity: 896
Merit: 630

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:01:21 PM

If the project is enough good to attract attention or interest of investors and there is a known and strong team behind this project. It is likely this could happpen. This is not something that rarely happens and there are already many real examples of this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: