Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins useless?  (Read 21937 times)
integrity42

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 09:40:17 AM

Some of the altokoin on the market are really useless, but there are working and correct altcoins that make sense. 

Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:43:57 AM

Wrong, in my opinion there are lots of altcoins that are good and worthy of being used to replace cash transactions, I'm sure because the government's closed crypto closed attitude makes development difficult.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:56:07 AM

I think an electronic money market is not just for big altcoins. A true market will always be competitive and that makes the market become more diversified and create more choices for investors.
Our world has more than 7 billion people and let creativity be developed. someday, there will be someone good enough to be able to overthrow ETH or even it is Bitcoin Wink

darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:58:53 AM

Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

Your assertions are not entirely true because not all altcoins are useless. Some are more technically advanced in architecture and utility than others and I have bought services using xlm on seomarket  before.
yobo2020

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:00:47 AM

I strongly disagree with you, not all altcoin is useless because there are  still some altcoin that is a great  investment for when you have in your pofolio, the current price may not be encourage now but with time it will looks as if you won lottery when it moon.
concitta

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:45:07 AM

I strongly disagree with you, not all altcoin is useless because there are  still some altcoin that is a great  investment for when you have in your pofolio, the current price may not be encourage now but with time it will looks as if you won lottery when it moon.
Not all Altcoin are useless, there are still many Altcoin that can benefit us all, if we can manage well so we have good opportunities.
many of us can get good results from Altcoin, and they can get rich because they get it.
so it depends on what coin, and we have to choose the right one and not choose the wrong one.

BTC Bitway BTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
✦ ────────  Discord Instagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook    ──────── ✦
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 10:54:43 AM

Not all Altcoin are useless, there are still many Altcoin that can benefit us all, if we can manage well so we have good opportunities.
many of us can get good results from Altcoin, and they can get rich because they get it.
so it depends on what coin, and we have to choose the right one and not choose the wrong one.
altcoin amount in cryptocurrency market was very much.and it could make us in trouble when we want choose one of them.need special skills to analize it and our experience will taje a role in this,
centhiniz

Activity: 292

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:41:22 AM

I think some altcoins are really useless but, some of them can still be used well and the best also now the increase in some altcoins makes a lot of people happy about the altcoin because, they think it's very useful later there will be many projects that use altcoin therefore altcoin isn't completely useless.

Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:00:51 PM

I don't think that altcoins are useless. Cause without bit coin every coin in the market is a altcoins. I know there is lots of altcoins which is nothing but a scam or failed project. But there is a lots of project which came with some great ideas. And they are portraying it very carefully. So I think that in this market there is a lots of project which is good and making this space better. And if you think it about investment then they are also good. Cause in bullrun alts  give really good profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Marcus yoyo

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:15:16 PM

Altcoin is still useful but not all is useful because most altcoins are not much different from previous altcoins. Many altcoins don't display their innovations. Therefore, I can predict that not everyone uses all of these altcoins. Only potential coins, especially top 10 coins that are truly beneficial in the long run. We really need altcoins, but potential altcoins. Not all of our altcoins are needed. If there is already an all-round altcoin, then there is no need for another altcoin.
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:36:10 PM

No, they are not. Some have better use cases, real life applications and more scalable than bitcoin. Even the most recognised altcoin called ethereum is an accepted form of payment alongside bitcoin on Coinbase

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
calya

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:39:08 PM

No, they are not. Some have better use cases, real life applications and more scalable than bitcoin. Even the most recognised altcoin called ethereum is an accepted form of payment alongside bitcoin on Coinbase
maybe its only less than 5 percents from total altcoin in cryptocurrency market.and most of them useless, their have no plann about adoption for their tokens / coins.personally i will not buy this coins.
prasad87

Activity: 242
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:41:58 PM

They used to be useless when they were copy+paste from Bitcoin with no original functionality, and Bitcoin itself was stable for transacting. Litecoin is an example of such shitcoin that made it for more than half a decade, the rest are not being mined.
Nowadays alts provide more utility than Bitcoin, and Bitcoin is stuttering when there's many people trying to use it.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 12:46:59 PM

Altcoin is still useful but not all is useful because most altcoins are not much different from previous altcoins. Many altcoins don't display their innovations. Therefore, I can predict that not everyone uses all of these altcoins. Only potential coins, especially top 10 coins that are truly beneficial in the long run. We really need altcoins, but potential altcoins. Not all of our altcoins are needed. If there is already an all-round altcoin, then there is no need for another altcoin.

Unfortunately until now there are no clear and strict rules regarding crypto usage, this makes crypto difficult to use for transactions directly such as cash or debit cards, I hope regulation will be realized soon.
andrejka

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:05:46 PM

Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them? Frankly speaking only bitcoin, ethereum and monero are used for P2P payments. All others are used mainly for speculation purposes. Is it worth buying altcoins now days? I guess no, because all of them excluding tether are following bitcoin price chart.  I mean if bitcoin is going up or down, altcoins are doing same. (Tether is connected to US dollar rate and used mainly for arbitrage trading purposes) So do we really need altcoins? Regarding platforms, only ethereum is mainly used, and mostly for creating ERC tokens. All others, like waves, neo, etc are used very rarely. Monero is used mosly for shady deals because it is untraceable. (I doubt about that, because one dude who opened a shop on a dark web for selling drugs was cached by police last week. For communication he used 3 level protected VPN and was accepting payments only in monero) https://www.wired.com/story/monero-privacy/ You can read about dark web here. https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/internet/dark-web-3593569/ days. The main question is: Do we really need altcoins? Or Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero are enough for crypto comunity this days?

You're right but only partially because many of the altcoins have value as utility tokens. And some gives you profit and dividends like security tokens. Every type of these altcoins do have a value for the owner. The only question is the level of this value, in some cases it is more in others it is less. Personally I have a lot of altcoins (ERC-20) in my portfolio because I do believe that when the market growth begins in 2019-2020 these coins will give me maximum profit as they already did in 2017.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
M O B U  ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future   
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
fianaindriati

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:14:01 PM

Wrong, in my opinion there are lots of altcoins that are good and worthy of being used to replace cash transactions, I'm sure because the government's closed crypto closed attitude makes development difficult.

for me the altcoin still has a bright future. although the altcoin news is still so bad now. we must believe that the altcoin market will continue to grow. so don't give up on current developments that have happened for quite a long time. so it's better that we have to have a good view of the development of altcoins.
avarnet

Activity: 896

Enterapp

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:25:11 PM

if there are people who say altcoin is useless it is wrong because with the altcoin we can get income if bitcoin experiences a decline and to find income is difficult. so the altcoin is very useful for traders and investors

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:26:40 PM

Most altcoins look useless, there are no products in real and just like collections, but I'm happy because a lot of devs. who want to make altcoins useful for direct use such as debit or credit card.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:29:08 PM

I think main purpose of altcoins is not their use anywhere but these are used as asset value like any other stock. An altcoin is the reflection of any project If a project goes well value of that altcoin is supposed to increase. Also an altcoin is a way to discounted price on its parent website/app service, rest not all altcoins are accepted at retail counters. Investors invest in any project with the hope to increase his investment and that is the main purpose of altcoin existence, any new project can perform well and its coin value can increase many folds.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 01:36:37 PM

Most altcoins look useless, there are no products in real and just like collections, but I'm happy because a lot of devs. who want to make altcoins useful for direct use such as debit or credit card.
It will be a challenge to attract developers of user crypto on the real world. We know there is not even any one country in the world whose citizens 100% using crypto. so far we only know the extent of the community fight crypto only.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: