Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:17:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins useless?  (Read 21930 times)
Chinsmokers

Activity: 403
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:17:17 AM

There are lots of projects that have been launch not all types of projects are what you say that are useless. because until now there are still so many projects that can be trusted. So we have not to think that the projects will not be successful at their ICO period dates because it has not happened, we must think more positively.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 04:00:38 AM

Not all of them were useless,you can actually by something with altcoins and bitcoins in countries like Japan ad it has value as well so you can convert it into fiat and can buy anything you want to buy.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:41:35 AM

The main question is: Do we really need altcoins?

First of all, it was quite difficult to read your.. text. You should learn to format it, really.

Now, altcoins are not useless. They are at least a wonderful training ground for new ideas. Some of those ideas are incorporated into Bitcoin, some of those coins become used by themselves.
Maybe you know that Ethereum or Monero were not the first altcoins. Monero was not even the first cryptonote coin!

Also you are wrong about only BTC-ETH-XMR being accepted. There are other altcoins accepted here and there. Not so many, I know, still, more than nothing. So we have to give them a chance (of course, I talk here about the legit new coins, not about the useless forks or clones).

I think the main factor that determines if you can altcoins are useless is because, there are way too many altcoins nowadays, and to consider, there are altcoins that don't really have a value at this moment, in my opinion, that is only the altcoins that we can consider irrelevant or useless in some sense.

maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2019, 06:10:12 AM

while to be connected to a real market, or economy, there is no point because the altcoin has not been used as any payment. but as an investment asset in the digital world, altcoin is very useful.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 06:25:39 AM

Altcoins are needed in any quantity. And I do not mean speculation, but the fact that competition is the engine of progress. If the altcoins disappear, the developers of basic cryptocurrencies will make less effort to improve their developments.

anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:56:17 PM

Billion of money already deposited in lot of altcoins so its not useless for me. But many of tokens and altcoins that have been not have any volume is already useless for me and people not buying them anymore.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:23:38 PM

No, I do not think that this is the right idea, because there are great opportunities for using these tokens. Probably the main problem is that today many teams that are still trying to develop all the same very slowly or not to lead it at all, that is, to deceive people.
Catmurs

Activity: 518
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:29:33 PM

Altcoins cannot be termed as useless. They have helped people awareness. Every Altcoin has a lively community contributing to the overall cryptocurrency market. Useless Altcoins would vanish off the market sooner or later. There are some Altcoins which perform against the Bitcoin usually.
I agree , there are many good altcoins , just need to monitor those who are developing very well , I think there's a great future to earn tembolee if you look at the eos tron xlm eth

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
3core

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 03:34:03 PM

Not all altcoins are useless. there are so many altcoins almost as good like bitcoin. it depend on the project and usage of the coin.

ceteris paribus
/ˌkɛtərɪs ˈparɪbʊs/
evenotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:57:24 PM

most of the Altcoins in fact do not need much, and maximum -  money is spent on the hype, both by the creators of the project and by the traders.
Only a few Alts have good practices and a community, they move all cryptocurrency to the masses.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:32:20 PM

Not all altcoins are useless. there are so many altcoins almost as good like bitcoin. it depend on the project and usage of the coin.

Yes, there are altcoins that are used in daily basis. So, not all altcoins are useless but indeed there are so many coins that are worthless and can be called as dead coins because lack of development and support from the community.

DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:57:19 PM

Yes, there are altcoins that are used in daily basis. So, not all altcoins are useless but indeed there are so many coins that are worthless and can be called as dead coins because lack of development and support from the community.
this all depends on the type of altcoin we have. we know that there are so many types of altcoins nowadays with different objectives. when you see that the potential of an altcoin does not have benefits, you should avoid that, because right now there are still so many altcoins that have the benefits people need.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:09:37 PM

No. Most of the altcoins are useless, but some of that were not useless as the most. Some of them can bring crypto more popular, famous, etc.

The guys, who made much money on the pump of some shitcoins will not agree with you. They are not useless when you use them at the right time. Later, you can sell these tokens and buy better stable altcoins.
MirclIX

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:15:26 PM

I do not think that the Altcoins are useless.
Of course there are coins that cost nothing from the start and will not cost anything in the future.
But there are also coins that will bring you profit and even be able to multiply it if you choose the right strategy for investing.

[ Z ] ZooomEx◾ 0%  trading  FEE    CRYPTO EXCHANGE
███████ (❪ https://www.zooomex.com/ ❫) ███████
pics4crypto

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:23:59 PM

Now a very large number of coins.  And among them there really is useless.  But I do not say that they are all useless.  Just because you can create an incurable coinage.  Create such that no one needs.  But only fraudsters need.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
elmariachi-s

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:26:31 PM

In the closed telegram channels they write that in the new algorithm of Monero, to which they recently switched, a hole was found that allows them to steal coins from the wallets created after the fork. Knowledgeable people reconfigured because of the possible sharp drop in the rate. But this is a secret !
Nitori_m

Activity: 346

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:37:10 PM

I think it is rediculus to call altcoin useless. So many alts have potentials and use cases but only taking baby steps. However when the market becomes favourable these coins will probably offer their full utilities and then you will have a different topic to post 
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 07:49:30 PM

Not all altcoins are good and also not all altcoins ate good, some a completely scam while some are legit. Just some level of carefulness will help you.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:00:44 PM

All i see is that they will all be used some days, and those are for the real projects most of them all just starting on like the bitcoin and Co.
Altcoins have really done good than bad, I'm sure if not of altcoins someone like you and me won't be here today talking about crypto.
Globen
Copper Member

Activity: 138
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 08:06:57 PM

Altcoin can't be said to be useless, even though some are worthless now, with time when the crypto world is balanced, their values will increase, most of them have good use case. So I say they are not  useless, traders make huge earnings trading altcoin.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: