Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins useless?  (Read 21930 times)
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 01:19:37 PM

No, many altcoins have good abilities. Many altcoin developers support their coin development.
But when compared to the total outstanding, there are still a lot of shitcoin and coins that are not valuable.
We only need to choose the right coin to make an investment. Investing in Altcoin has good potential to make a profit.
I know that there are many projects and altcoin being a scam, but don't generalize that every altcoin is worthless and shit. you're right, many of them have reliable developers, with good and innovative projects. many altcoins have potential, don't turn your blind eye just because some altcoins are scams..
wall101

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:34:05 PM

If altcoins are useless why does people making an big investment for these kind of coins?
For sure lot of people always earning and lossing in altcoins but it will depends on their experience to make some money.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:48:55 PM

There are not enough arguments to think about the profitability of investments on altcoins. Altcoins are made by the projects in order to keep running the system and fill the gaps with this tokens.
LegendOF45

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 02:54:32 PM

It can be said that there are too many altcoins that are useless, I'm sure because competition that is too tight makes many altcoins die, there are no real products that certainly make altcoins prone to be a scam.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:06:29 PM

More people are using altcoins than you ever imagined. Try getting into a group of crypto traders, you will realize that most of their trades are on altcoins and not bitcoin. Bitcoin is mainly an investment for long term.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 02:02:16 AM

Large global corporations create their own blockchains to regulate their internal processes, which means that all blockchains we currently have may be of little interest to one degree or another in the future.

That's certainly true, mate. At one extent, most altcoins will become useless in the future as they'll be unable to meet with usability for the mainstream world. Nowadays, it's possible to test and deploy private Blockchain solutions for businesses and companies. There will be no need for most altcoins because of this. With hundreds of them available across the market, it's impossible to keep track of each one of them.

As such, only a select few altcoins are useful for the mainstream world. Among those altcoins we have Ethereum, Monero, and Litecoin. Ethereum is extremely useful for token issuance, and decentralized applications. On the other hand, Monero is useful for hardened privacy over one's transactions. And lastly, Litecoin is useful as a cryptocurrency for quick, and inexpensive payments.

Nonetheless, many altcoins come and go, but only those which are capable of being active in development and innovation will most likely succeed in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 03:11:13 AM

Not all of the altcoins are worthless or useless, some of them have new improvement and can be used more fast regarding confirmations, but despite of the improvement they have, the price does not fit to it.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 03:12:57 AM

Not all of the altcoins are worthless or useless, some of them have new improvement and can be used more fast regarding confirmations, but despite of the improvement they have, the price does not fit to it.

Well, altcoins may have different technologies and features one from the other. However, most of them are useless since their purpose is nearly identical from other cryptocurrencies on the market. Right now, there are lots of smart contract platforms and DAG-based cryptocurrencies. While diversity is good to keep up with the competition, only a select few altcoins will be able to survive in a highly competitive market.

No matter how fast or cheap a cryptocurrency is in terms of fees, if it's not usable it'll be completely worthless. That's the case with most altcoins which become abandoned by their developers after a certain period. Other altcoins remain active in development and innovation, but they're not as highly adopted as other cryptocurrencies.

Still though, while most altcoins are useless there are some of them which are useful for micropayments and free transfers around the world. You just need to do your own research in order to determine which altcoin is the best for daily use.

Nonetheless, Bitcoin's Lightning Network may threaten the existence of most altcoins as we know it. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Janna_MaMa

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 04:57:41 AM

I do not think so. alt was created to serve different areas. Building structure should be different alt. alt creators to compete with each other to promote development and creativity in blockchan
babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 06:10:58 AM

In the first place altcoins is not useless, it is very helpful to all community in crypto business, whether the market was bull or not, crypto can still able to give profit to any people or traders here. In fact, Crypto is like an opportunity when the price goes up it gives profit then when it goes down its gives savings for the future if you choose a good and potential altcoins.
mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2019, 06:45:08 AM

of course we still need Altcoin in investment because Altcoin is still feasible to use and many people benefit from it. now the market conditions have improved and we need Altcoin or Bitcoin, Ethereum or Monero and there are still many other good coins for us to buy today. In essence, we will always always need Altcoin as additional income in trade or investment.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Clearstream

Activity: 378
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 11:55:18 AM

i think they are useful. they are a test for the development of encryption. in the near future. A lot of good altcoins will work with many different industries. it is a process of gradual improvement.
Coffeehot

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:08:37 PM

a lot of alt is just a simple repetition. they duplicate the code for Bitcoin. they bring many new people to the world of encryption. they are good for the market. but, i like to have truly innovative coins. they will drive the development of encryption.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 11, 2019, 12:16:09 PM

a lot of alt is just a simple repetition. they duplicate the code for Bitcoin.

yes they do  .that is the reason why they call altcoins because they are only alternative for bitcoin use  but did you know that altcoins are verry useful ? they are cheap and we can afford lots of them if our goal is for investment of for trading  .

that simply means we can earn tons of cash when thier value pump not unlike to bitcoins where you can only buy some due to its expensive value  . there is still lots of reasons on why alts are important  .
Dicage

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 10:55:18 AM

Every currency get its have marketplace hat and trading on dissimilar transforms which is ascent the amount with big up and downs day-by-day. And each the altcoins are handsome various utility and propose to the crypto planet representing existent in the marketplace. So we buoy not neglect the altcoins and altcoins is dominant role of crypto, just one bitcoin buoy not amble the crypto planet.
Sanitough

Activity: 2842
Merit: 673

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 11:30:21 AM

a lot of alt is just a simple repetition. they duplicate the code for Bitcoin. they bring many new people to the world of encryption. they are good for the market. but, i like to have truly innovative coins. they will drive the development of encryption.

In this market it doesn't matter if one will copy or duplicate the market, what's important is who will win in the competition.
We don't complain when there's more project with similar platform because with great competition, they will serve us better.
So, I believe they are not worthless if they are serious with their vision to contribute in the growth of the market.
gocomcoin

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 11:48:27 AM

Through open source, Altcoin comes out and various ideas are included, so it is an open source

I don't blame it for duplicating.

I believe that you need to deal with and experience cryptography for your applications.

There are a number of problems that can be caused by the indiscriminate overflow of Altcoins. But I think it's natural, and it's natural to be in harmony with each other.

I think open source is the evolution of nature similar.

There's a bitcoin that you see from the top.
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 12:28:41 PM

If proper screening is done for all alternative cryptocurrency just few will pass because few have real world use case, i think majority of altcoins have whitepaper use case only.
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 01:22:40 PM

not all but there are many useless altcoins. what i noticed is that a lot of project are offering to do same thing which has opened up opportunity for different new projects to copy old project. it takes huge time for project development this is part of what is slowing down adoption. only few of this altcoins are good and unique.
nutella_11

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 14, 2019, 05:01:46 PM

I need to disagree with you. This market is full of promising altcoins. I believe that many of them would grow a lot in the near future. If you are looking for rapidly developing ones I would recommend FuroCoin and Dash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: