Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are altcoins useless?  (Read 21928 times)
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 06:33:25 PM

I don't think that altcoins are useless. Beside Bitcoin every coin is a altcoin. I know many of the altcoins are scam or failed to conquer this ecosystem. Many of them not so active after ICO stage. But many of them are really do some hard work and want to establish the blockchain technology to the world. Through altcoin many new concept come to this the real world. So I always adore altcoins. And I also think that altcoins and also new ideas are very essential for this ecosystem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sergei1703

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 07:06:59 PM

No, there are a lot of altcoins that have a great usability not only in a cryptocurrency sphere, but also in a real business, for example, Ethereum foundation!
harsi123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 07:48:16 PM

No, there are a lot of altcoins that have a great usability not only in a cryptocurrency sphere, but also in a real business, for example, Ethereum foundation!
I also think that 500 coins that have real value are a very small amount. Soon the market will be thousands of different new projects and coins.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:44:33 PM

Now days we have more than 1 000 altcoins on the market. The question is, are people really using them?
Only long term investors will ask such question, because they want a good return of their investment in terms of profit, after waiting for so many years. A regular trader or short term investor will not ask such question, because he is only after profit and not concerned whether the product reaches its finished stage or not. This most times is what some developers do. They issue coins that will never have real usecase. So very few will fit in properly for long term.
Snowworker

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:19:22 PM

Alt mints are the better! And your largely probable to create a profits of alts than you are on bitcoin unless you get sufficiency cash to purchase a infrequent bitcoins.
Ghost_1957

Activity: 181
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 03:21:54 PM

It's free to read your text. but i disagree with you that alt useless. they have good ideas and are developing them. If one day alts are put into practice, that's a great thing
Marilis

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:17:32 PM

As well other to add altcoins are discarded. We are yet in the stage of trailblazers or other parents. When we move to other more than half stage, you buoy already tracheophyte away the vain ones.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:20:49 PM

As a Bitcoin maximalist I am afraid that all of altcoins are useless. We have a cryptocurrency (bitcoin) and thanks to second layer solutions we could upgrade it and adjust it to anything you need.

igor.vanyutin.83

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 05:26:58 PM

A lot of them are useless for sure, but there are a lot of true diamonds as well. Altcoins have a much bigger perspective than BTC, because they are much faster, cheaper and have more real value as the main crypto currency.
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 26, 2019, 11:59:06 PM

An altcoin that gives one profit might not be seen as being useless, which i feel might be a general notion.
Logically, if the coin has no real usage, then it is useless, because such coin tend not to last long and will not contribute anything meaningful.
Absolutep

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 12:01:13 AM

To me altcoins are not useless, there are so many altcoins that can be very profitable, we just need to select carefully.
Aalu

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 27, 2019, 07:25:37 AM

I am also wondering why there are so much coins. Does the market need still more coins? is the number of coins the market already has not enough for the people across the globe? But I think the fact is that there is a free market and anyone can do the business meeting the requirements. We should not worry much about such a large number of coins as they will be filtered from the market over time.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
https://sessia.com/
NibleyIt

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:17:57 PM

I differ whether the altcoin is not worthy as until instantly indeed altcoin has a plenty of large superiority and it each conditional on on you how to be capable to cope with it so that it buoy advantage and furthermore keep off large hazard
Ballalar

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 02:22:33 PM

That is right that we get plenty of altcoin in crypto place instantly with plenty of vain service surrounded by them on the other hand still we yet get plenty many that has a extremely meaningful worthy production which presents delight at remain so I desire instruction everybody to appropriate cautiously whatever alts they wish to put in in earlier swing your method representing security cause.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:09:24 PM

Not all altcoins are useless. Any cryptocurrency other bitcoin is an altcoin, so many altcoin exists such Ethereum, Grin, Dash and BAT all of these have their uses too.
  Not everything the same as we know 5 fingers are not the same, so this way not talk altcoins are the same, some are surely not worth investing but some are actual future making coins that we should invest our money in, like bitcoin, ETH and ripple are the coin that has good potential and it makes good profit.
abs350

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 08:11:50 PM

As for me, a very stupid question because there are useless altcoins and some useful altcoins, which are very useful for me, to draw useless for a very good profit, of course, it’s better not to work with them.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Ss4sukE

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 08:16:10 PM

completely I don't think altcoin is useless. altcoin which has great potential and strong users will certainly get good results for investment. but if altcoin has absolutely no further price developments, it is one of the useless altcoins.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
abs350

Activity: 481

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 08:19:00 PM

There are a lot of coins on the market that are really good to invest in.  And there is a group of coins that are really dermovy and they should not be on the market, they are just copies.  We really need regulators that will clean this whole thing. But this is all in the future, as I understand it. Projects can really be found. I believe in this.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 10:47:33 PM

Exactly. We cannot generalize that all altcoins are useless, when in fact, there are some which are quite beneficial to the mainstream world. Ethereum, is a good example of this, when it can be used for the development and interaction of decentralized applications, as well as, tokens (either fungible or non-fungible for gaming). On the other hand, altcoins like Zcash and Monero can be used for privacy where hiding transactions for prying eyes is a must.

Of course, the winner here will still be Bitcoin for a long time. But, I believe that the altcoins mentioned have a good chance of surviving in the mainstream world for a few years from now. What really determines if an altcoin is useful or not, is if the same has mainstream adoption, and active development. As a crypto enthusiast, you should do your own research about specific cryptocurrencies in order to determine which one(s) is/are best for your everyday needs.

Nonetheless, the introduction of Bitcoin's Lightning Network may render many altcoins useless in the long term. Still, only a few will remain in the market as diversity is key for the success of Blockchain technology. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Impaler

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 11:37:43 PM

I don't think that altcoins are useless. Even in this market without Bitcoin most of the coin is a altcoin. And with altcoin the new ideas come with it. I know for last few months the ICO market was not going well. In the market ICO creators scammed people very hard. Most of the icos were took people money and disappeared. Some of them are successful at ICO stage and then failed at development stage. So investors are kind of Afraid of the whole thing. But now the market is reborn again and many good projects becomes thhlrough ieos. So this fundraising market is very important for the whole crypto ecosystem.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: