Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:20:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the end near for ripple ?  (Read 1197 times)
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:20:54 AM

I don't think any ripple coins are ignored by any bank because they have worked together so there is no need to be afraid to leave, JPMorgan's head issued a stable coin but that doesn't guarantee like a ripple.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:22:44 AM

For me that will not be a problem ripple will still gets its marketshare, just like from 3000 plus coins each coin has got its volume some low some high similarly if more projects like ripple come ripple will retain its market.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:23:43 AM

Since I came on this forum, I have tried to read and understand the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap
But today I want to talk about ripple

I have believed ripple to be a banks token, and they have couple of agreements with banks too
Making good progress.

But with JPMorgan creating a stable coin to be used internally for banking purposes and faster transactions; what happens to ripple ?

Anyone can enlighten me further the consequences of banks creating their own Blockchain, ignoring ripple??

Obviously JPMorgan's thing will be centralized even more than XRP. So maybe some companies will choose exactly XRP for more freedom or just create own coin  Cheesy

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:32:11 AM

JPM token is not the only one, every large company will have own coin.

GMO Internet, a Japanese IT giant, has revealed that it plans to develop its stablecoin based on yen (JPY).
https://www.blockchain24.co/stablecoin-in-japan/ .

And the next no cost project, xrp type
https://www.vakt.com/

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:36:14 AM

JPM coin is not a cryptocurrency, so I do not understand why so many people are afraid about this "coin".

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:40:27 AM

Ripple is good for banks that don't have the means to create their own token. This is why ripple is used in smaller banks where they don't have enough highly skilled staff to use the blockchain. Big players like JPM will simply make their own token

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:41:59 AM

Is the end near for ripple?  As long as they continue to be seated next to members of the IMF at international conventions, I DOUBT IT.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:42:51 AM

I think the basic for fear for ripple is when other banks decides to create their own ecosystem just like JPMorgan and control their Blockchain themselves

I’m eager to see the next step ripple takes, regarding their partners
Wipangga

Activity: 600
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:48:09 AM

no, I think it's a good time for rising ripple prices, because ripples also have promising potential in the future and also now many people are investing in ripples, so I'm sure the development of ripple prices is now getting better
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:58:24 AM

JPM Coin can become a direct competitor to Ripple, as it focuses on cross-border payments on the blockchain in the banking and corporate sectors! The new token will be based on the same principle as stable coins. Each JPM coin will be backed by a dollar and may become a more attractive asset for investors. The future will show
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:02:21 AM

shitcoins are all going to end, centralized shitcoins on the other hand will resist their inevitable end. that is why coins such as ripple are staying around for a much longer time that they are supposed to. mainly it is the centralized money that is being injected into their systems to keep them alive while their pump and dumps and premines are sustaining the profit for them.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:06:51 AM

As you have said JPMorgan is having their own private coin for internal purposes only, so there's no effect on Ripple whatsoever.

Ripple is crypto, so people can invest on it unlike those private coins that coming up like the JPMorgan. Would banks rather create their own when there is already a working model like Ripple that they can used?

I think common sense will tell us that they don't have to create their own token, used Ripple and they're good.

So I don't think that there will be competition between JPMorgan token and Ripple.
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:17:34 AM

Banks used xrp just to try blockchain, but believe me, bank entities won't accept XRP as a main currency, all of them will create own crypto currencies, it is obvious for me!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:30:45 AM

I don't like ripple as it is a banker product. But, I don't think ripple will end in near future. Ripple has a great team, many partners and have much support from trader or investors.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:34:27 AM

it is true that ripples are part of one of the top 10 coins in the marketcap and ripples are bank coins, but after jpmargon creates a coin for vank, it will affect the ripple.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:38:52 AM

Can some one provide a "Cost breakdown analysis" for xrp?

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:02:36 PM

Since I came on this forum, I have tried to read and understand the top 10 tokens on coinmarketcap

I have believed ripple to be a banks token, and they have couple of agreements with banks too
Making good progress.

But with JPMorgan creating a stable coin to be used internally for banking purposes and faster transactions; what happens to ripple ?

Anyone can enlighten me further the consequences of banks creating their own Blockchain, ignoring ripple??

The JPM coin is just an internal token. It is absolutely irrelevant to the wider crypto market. If you create a blockchain, that by itself doesn't mean anything - you need much more substantial tech. Look at ETH for example, it's not just a blockchain, it's a well-developed smart contract platform. Similarly XRP is a token that sits within the wider hugely advance Ripple tech.

JPM coin is just a publicity stunt. Whereas XRP on the other hand is a real project with a lot of good, highly-developed tech, a real-world use case, and Ripple have years of experience in building platforms and solutions, and some of the best devs around.

There is absolutely no comparison whatsoever between JPM coin and XRP. It would be like if I created a new coin and called it 'real bitcoin' - that would be about as much threat to BTC as JPM coin is to XRP, i.e. zero.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:12:24 PM

that has always been the biggest problem with the centralized altcoins in my opinion. for example a coin like ripple that is centralized is being controlled by an unknown company that nobody cares about so no matter how much they try they will not ever going to be able to compete with big guys like Jp morgan which is a gigantic bank!!! so they are bound to be replaced by that kind of centralized against centralized action.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:16:31 PM

Making good progress.

We can't even say for now of what of could possibly happen with Ripple since the effect isn't visual to us. Maybe we could see it in few months and look for Ripple's market trend if it could made them fall just like of the other coins. But we know Ripple have gains trust from investors at it is really a big fight for them.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
pemantaubtt
Copper Member

Activity: 316
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 12:35:44 PM

Making good progress.

I do not think we can conclude that because in the world of crypto anything can happen and ripples are not a bad project, ripples have a great team and also a lot of ripples that circulate, I think there are many XPR holders in the world.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: