Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:58:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Aphrodite Coin [APH] boost of Cyprus economy - Coinmarketcap position 5 !  (Read 83168 times)
dresdenk

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

I have been lurking on the bitcointalk forums for a while, and made an account just to respond to this.

Until this morning I was contributing 10% of the entire hash rate of this network myself. That was, until both thelanhouse and deadly-silence shut down. I think the former was a ... well, without trying to sound disrespectful, it sounds like that was a personal problem between the operator and his/her ISP. In other words, not an Aphroditecoin problem. Deadly-silence and the wallet issue they posted about, well, I don't know them and I have no idea if there's a problem with the code. I haven't looked into it myself. But, that leaves one pool for this coin. I like the charity pool's premise, but I'm turned off mining it for a while until some progress is made on public relations for this coin.

But I will offer some advice that I hope you at least consider.

This coin, as others that are somewhat on the same premise, requires that the mining/crypto community trusts what the development team/person is doing. There have been some comments on here that I'd like to hear a thoughtful response to. I'd put more effort into professionalism, availability, and presence. Put an email address up on the website and monitor it, for starters.

If there is a problem with the wallet, don't get into an argument with the people bringing it up; just fix it. Admit there was a problem, post a solution, and move on. I have no idea if there _is_ a problem, but the response seemed childish to me. Not what you want to do to convince people that you're legit.

You need to release _verifiable_ details about your 'airdrop'. The sooner this happens, the sooner people will buy in. I'm sure this is no small task, but without it, there's no 'hook'.

Finally, if you include a legit translation in Greek, Turkish, or Armenian, that will increase your credibility.

I do honestly hope your project succeeds. It's the promise of things like this that inspire people into cryptocurrencies, because they offer real people an improvement in their lives that will likely not come from larger institutions. And, I offer this all respectfully; I know launching a coin isn't easy, but if you work with the community, you'll find more people will offer their collaborative help.

Best of luck as this moves forward. I believe in you.
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:50:23 PM

Dresden K, great response. You are correct that some more needs to be done by the dev to gain the trust of others. I really like the premise of the coin and think if it is legit that it is a great thing for everyone including the community as a whole.

I personally haven't had a great deal of time to investigate issues that are described and that said my pool will remain open until they're is some proof of an issue.

What I did see however is a very large deficit in the pool liquid_assets but this is attributed to the high confirmation times and long block times for maturity. When I add up the totals for unconfirmed and confirmed everything does appear legit. The one thing I did notice that was a little strange is that the blocks vary in block rewards from 10 to 10.5 but nothing less then what was promised. So that said we may be getting a fraction of a coin more in some blocks, not less.

This was simply a very quick analysis, tonight I will have a look at the source code and see if anything looks out of wack.

Hopefully that sheds a bit of light, can't confirm at this time of there is an issue or not so please mine with caution until things can be confirmed either way.

For what is worth, the dev did PM me within minutes of the silent pool shutdown asking if I saw any issues that were described to see if the problem was global. As stated nothing confirmed yet, but that alone imo, may show that the dev is not aware of any issues if there are even some.

Cheers,
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:26:23 AM

Aphrodite dev should work with Bittrex !

Let's get Aphrodite on Bittrex!

We're actually ready to go;  I've got the wallet compiled and market teed up, but I want to understand if there is a problem with the wallet or not.  Are there any other pools having problems?  Given that we don't have any balance or test coins, we can't confirm or negate any problems.

Thanks
Richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
ArcticWolfie

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:04:26 AM

Both getbalance "" and getbalance give the same results (with unconfirmed blocks), which is wrong.
and thus liquid assets will still negative (at least for a VERY) long time. I tried circumventing this by modifying the MPOS code with help from the MPOS dev (shorty), but the liquid assets kept creeping from positive to negative. Till the coin dev solves this issue my pool will stay shut.  (other pools can have fun  Wink )
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:27:13 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 12:27:24 PM by HardwarePal

I was going to personally release a "Cyprus Coin". I have held back and only slowly progressed on the idea to strategise exactly how to execute it for a good launch as new crapcoins come out each day.

I have spoken with multiple devs , people that have helped launch successful coins , I am trusted in the mining circles, aswell as a SEO/SEM with a big portfolio of large sized clients, have an established website and quite a few connections and backers in the tech blogosphere.

Im not saying if I launched it would become the next Bitcoin but theres more to it then just copy pasting Aurora, Maza, Spain Coin etc etc.

My opinion on Aphrodite coin (no pun intended btw)

1.The 75% premine is outrageous.

Miners do not like greedy people , they pay for hardware , electricity and dedicate alot of time to get setup and running. They have to make money back or network hashrate will drop like a rock, if you even get it high enough to make a difference.

2.The airdrop has no logic behind it.

I have surveyed Cypriots young and old and they have a hard time realizing how to cashout and what this whole "new craze" is. (a good example being Neo and Neo-Bee which is running multiple offline and online campaigns in Cyprus as a Bitcoin payment processor (similar to JCC).

3.The Cyprus Goverment is corrupt. You will probably be flamed or not given any attention for your "so called" currency. Iceland has a public database of peoples ID's. Cyprus doesn't have anything like that and your going to have a pretty hard time getting that info , if ever.

4. Do you actually have a big enough hashrate to secure the network ?

5. Do you know how to set buy and sell walls so prices don't tank ?

6. Have you thought of how to counteract against deflation, as well as multipools pump and dumping the coin to death ?

7.Going against the EU and stating your name and phone number will probably get you killed pretty fast.(BEWARE)

I have another 100 things to say but theres no point.

BTW.
I spoke with Jackson Palmer ( The guy behind DogeCoin) and gave him interesting food for thought on a idea I had on how to push DOGE to the mass public and the moon at the same time.

Aphroditecoin (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:20:34 AM

I personally haven't had a great deal of time to investigate issues that are described and that said my pool will remain open until they're is some proof of an issue.

What I did see however is a very large deficit in the pool liquid_assets but this is attributed to the high confirmation times and long block times for maturity. When I add up the totals for unconfirmed and confirmed everything does appear legit. The one thing I did notice that was a little strange is that the blocks vary in block rewards from 10 to 10.5 but nothing less then what was promised. So that said we may be getting a fraction of a coin more in some blocks, not less.

This was simply a very quick analysis, tonight I will have a look at the source code and see if anything looks out of wack.

Hopefully that sheds a bit of light, can't confirm at this time of there is an issue or not so please mine with caution until things can be confirmed either way.

For what is worth, the dev did PM me within minutes of the silent pool shutdown asking if I saw any issues that were described to see if the problem was global. As stated nothing confirmed yet, but that alone imo, may show that the dev is not aware of any issues if there are even some.

Cheers,
CharityMiningPools

Thank you.
We did check the wallet and we didn't find any problems. Also solo mining is fine...
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:51:22 AM

I was looking forward to mining this but it looks like it has problems already.

I lived in Cyprus for a long time before returning to the UK and im kind of fanatical about anything Cypriot, especialy KEO Brandy!

Anyone fancy sending me a bottle, I'd be happy to pay BTC!

Rgds

Ratters
coinader

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:10:09 AM

Aphrodite Coin on Coinader Exchange!

https://www.coinader.com/?cur=APH&ccur=BTC
thekekk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:15:57 AM

what is wrong with you try to scam more people? wallet has flaw
Both getbalance "" and getbalance give the same results (with unconfirmed blocks)

BTC: 1AqwCAprjKRniThdxvCDx1TMPUYsqd8ig7
EAC: eYqPmqv3AiB12Z5b2MMpNm1vXtVPnp5PPX
e-token: e4ViTyRpJF9whLiKtLaAranijfeoTrww4u
Trinibits

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:16:04 AM

Nice. Well whoever gets their coin on there first needs to set a a good price to set the trend  Smiley
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:23:38 AM

Modded p2pool for APH, you can point your miner to
-o http://pools.hashwell.de:8337 -u payoutAddress -p x

Don't forget to decrease your Intensity a bit for p2pool, my 7950 threw errors at 19, mining fine at 18.

You can setup your own p2pool too, i put it on github - setup nodes around the world to increase hashrate Smiley

https://github.com/Sykh/p2pool-aphrodite

Code:
--net AphroditeCoin

BOUNTY DETECTIVE