Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinMap 1.0 is back!  (Read 989 times)
simpic (OP)

Activity: 1237
Merit: 789

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 07:01:17 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2022, 09:35:03 AM by simpic
Merited by malevolent (5), suchmoon (4), OmegaStarScream (3), joniboini (2), eternalgloom (2), layer1gfx (1), Piggy (1)

CoinMap 1.0 is back!

CoinMap.it

Here is what's the difference with CoinMap 2.0:

Contributors are welcome: https://github.com/smartm0use/coinmap

ENJOY IT!

Thanks to @stick for his original source code and for letting me sharing this.
For CoinMap 2.0 go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175900.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
layer1gfx
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1109

Graphic Design & Translation - BTC accepted here!

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 09:53:54 PM

good to see it is still alive Smiley

so you would be the person to maintain the coinmap 1.0 project?

or are you just doing a bit of promotion?

more infos please Wink
simpic (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 07:28:35 AM

I have just restored the old version and its source code repository of about 4 years ago.
I will keep update the project as I can and I hope we can enhance it, to make it better usable by mobile devices.

Contributors, fixes and new features are welcome Smiley

layer1gfx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2019, 05:34:44 PM

I have just restored the old version and its source code repository of about 4 years ago.
I will keep update the project as I can and I hope we can enhance it, to make it better usable by mobile devices.

Contributors, fixes and new features are welcome Smiley

nice.
personally i would like to see a bitcoin atm feature, maybe with a special icon.
not sure how easy it is to introduce that, but it would be great.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:29:01 AM

Awesome. I didn´t have any idea that Brazil has so many venues that accept Bitcoin. And there is many that I know that accept but is not there. Congrats on bringing back this site. It is easy to find places and very informative.
KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 05:26:41 AM

You say here you allow venues that are online or not physical. But on the website you ask people to not add venues unlessthey have physical presence?

I really like this website though, with some promotion, it could become the goto website to check places that accept bitcoin.

Maybe you could add a feature to sort places by category for example? As in some custome search?

Beep boop beep boop
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 06:13:41 AM

nice, this looks good, i'm having a look now at the map close by where i live and there quite a bit of shops  Smiley

As suggested by KingZee, would be better to have a way to filter the shops on the map.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:13:18 AM

Nice! I actually prefer the 1.0 version over the 2.0, just because you can choose different map styles.
Besides, I don't really see the point of using this to look for businesses that only operate online, so 2.0 doesn't offer anything special for me anyway.

simpic (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:55:31 PM

nice.
personally i would like to see a bitcoin atm feature, maybe with a special icon.
not sure how easy it is to introduce that, but it would be great.
I have added a filter. Now you can choose what to see on the map: venues, ATMs or both.
Is it what you are looking for?

Awesome. I didn´t have any idea that Brazil has so many venues that accept Bitcoin. And there is many that I know that accept but is not there. Congrats on bringing back this site. It is easy to find places and very informative.
Thanks for sharing your feedback. I really appreciate it.

You say here you allow venues that are online or not physical. But on the website you ask people to not add venues unlessthey have physical presence?

I really like this website though, with some promotion, it could become the goto website to check places that accept bitcoin.

Maybe you could add a feature to sort places by category for example? As in some custome search?
Maybe you are confused about the version. Online or not physical venues add is allowed on Coinmap 2.0. This is Coinmap 1.0.
Regarding sorting places by category it should be easy to implement, but I am afraid it could be hard to apply due the lack of a category tag in most of OpenStreetMap places.

nice, this looks good, i'm having a look now at the map close by where i live and there quite a bit of shops  Smiley

As suggested by KingZee, would be better to have a way to filter the shops on the map.
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you find out several shops around you.
About the filter, as I said above, it could be not applicable.

Nice! I actually prefer the 1.0 version over the 2.0, just because you can choose different map styles.
Besides, I don't really see the point of using this to look for businesses that only operate online, so 2.0 doesn't offer anything special for me anyway.
I totally agree with you. This move me to bring Coinmap 1.0 back!

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:47:03 PM

I don't even think there is any map like this, I just found this site https://coinatmradar.com/ to find bitcoin ATM in the near place I lived.

But I found another one to know some venue that accept bitcoin or cryptocurrency in my country especially in the city I live in.

Awesome I like this map, it's really nice.
layer1gfx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 07:35:18 PM

I have added a filter. Now you can choose what to see on the map: venues, ATMs or both.
Is it what you are looking for?

yes! fantastic. now if we could get the data from coinatmradar.com included...
not sure, are they also on osm or do they use a different map system?
edit: it says "© Stadia Maps, © OpenMapTiles, © OpenStreetMap contributors"...

i found their website and map quite useful when traveling in asia - especially in countries who are not officially accepting bitcoin as a payment but still allow bitcoin ATMs to be installed and used (like for instance in vietnam).

if it is difficult to get the data from coinatmradar included i may volunteer to add some ATMs in my area.

thanks for reanimating this tool!

cheers

layer1gfx
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1781

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:36:10 PM

Glad to have stumbled upon this Ann.
Great tool and will definitely be of much help to me.
Cheers

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
simpic (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:56:58 PM

yes! fantastic. now if we could get the data from coinatmradar.com included...
not sure, are they also on osm or do they use a different map system?
edit: it says "© Stadia Maps, © OpenMapTiles, © OpenStreetMap contributors"...

i found their website and map quite useful when traveling in asia - especially in countries who are not officially accepting bitcoin as a payment but still allow bitcoin ATMs to be installed and used (like for instance in vietnam).

if it is difficult to get the data from coinatmradar included i may volunteer to add some ATMs in my area.

thanks for reanimating this tool!

cheers

layer1gfx
I prefer to keep OpenStreetMap as the one source for data on Coinmap. It is the open-source alternative to Google Maps, so it is reliable and there is no risk that it will disappear at any moment.
Anyway, you could add Bitcoin ATMs of your area on OpenStreetMap website and then you will see them on Coinmap.

Glad to have stumbled upon this Ann.
Great tool and will definitely be of much help to me.
Cheers
Thank you for your comment Wink

layer1gfx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 09:50:08 PM

I prefer to keep OpenStreetMap as the one source for data on Coinmap. It is the open-source alternative to Google Maps, so it is reliable and there is no risk that it will disappear at any moment.
Anyway, you could add Bitcoin ATMs of your area on OpenStreetMap website and then you will see them on Coinmap.

i am familiar with that procedure, i helped many real businesses to add their location on open street map and coinmap via bitcoin accepted = yes .
so i guess i will just keep going the same way as i have been doing before.
BTC atm icons - could we get something like that sorted?
i know google maps allowed your own graphics for markers on the map.
do you know if open street maps is allowing locally hosted custom map pins/markers etc?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:59:29 PM

I have to disagree there. The look of the map and the functionality to change the look is like a very good update for me in terms of user interface and usability. You see that venue update? That is like so much better than the version 1. The physical locations are replaced by even venues that is a huge thing for the community.
simpic (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 11:27:06 AM

i am familiar with that procedure, i helped many real businesses to add their location on open street map and coinmap via bitcoin accepted = yes .
do you know if open street maps is allowing locally hosted custom map pins/markers etc?
Glad to see you are an OpenStreetMap user Smiley
As you can see by the source code LeafletJS is used for rendering pins/markers on the map. Yes, is possible to use custom icons, didn't you see different icons for Bitcoin ATMs and some venues categories?

I have to disagree there. The look of the map and the functionality to change the look is like a very good update for me in terms of user interface and usability. You see that venue update? That is like so much better than the version 1. The physical locations are replaced by even venues that is a huge thing for the community.
Maybe you misunderstand @eternalgloom's post. Again, this is Coinmap 1.0, in which you can choose different map styles, and both you and @eternalglooms are agree with this Smiley
What is your opinion about adding only physical veneus (Coinmap 1.0) versus physical venues and online shops/any website (Coinmap 2.0)?

layer1gfx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 07:22:44 PM

Glad to see you are an OpenStreetMap user Smiley
As you can see by the source code LeafletJS is used for rendering pins/markers on the map. Yes, is possible to use custom icons, didn't you see different icons for Bitcoin ATMs and some venues categories?

ah now i spotted the BTC ATM symbol! alright, i would try to add some more missing ATMs in my area. the coinatmradar map would be a guide if needed...
keep it going...  Cool
simpic (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2019, 01:02:59 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2019, 07:31:19 PM by simpic

As you maybe have seen from the Github commits I have made some changes:
- added "locate me" button (instead of ask for position at every site open)
- added permalink handler, so you can get from the address bar the URL corrisponding to the position on the map you moved to
- fixed search feature, in which you can search venues and ATMs by name
- added CoinMap logo back on loading page

layer1gfx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2019, 08:48:01 PM

As you maybe have seen from the Github commits I have made some changes:
- added "locate me" button (instead of ask for position at every site open)
- added permalink handler, so you can get from the address bar the URL corrisponding to the position on the map you moved to
- fixed search feature, in which you can search venues and ATMs by name
- added CoinMap logo back on loading page

great improvements, i noticed the logo it looks better this way.
i will play a bit more with the map and get back to you if i have questions.
keep bitcoin mapped !
simpic (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 05:37:22 PM

Did you have a look at this project?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1266752

It is an Android app based on the same data used by Coinmap 1.0.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: