Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary member gregofdoom ban - moderators please help.  (Read 650 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 04:45:42 PM

You're great. Drain a man who has been on bitcointalk for over 5 years because he has pasted a post.

Date Registered:   February 09, 2014  !!

Once again, my intention was not to assign someone else's text. I thought it was worth re-publishing in another thread and I did it.

Gentlemen ... it's best to burn me on the pile right away.

To support many projects, I have released a few BTCs without wanting in return, and that does not count as well?

I can list many accounts of the legendary, people I work with and help with, and that also counts?

Sick!

All legends should just be given the opportunity to lose their sigs for a few years rather than perm ban.

If you have been here 5 years like the OP this is not an late 2017er turned up for a quick bot spam session.

This person is observably part of lots of alt communities or has been.

All legends that are not extreme financially motivated shit posters and have not been part of any communities or contributed fuck all... should just be auto sig banned for couple of years with a note of final and last warning. Next time perm ban.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto-DesignService
Copper Member

Activity: 208
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 05:13:20 PM

<...>
theymos already set a rule for temp. Ban which I think is just since he gives any rank a chance to prove themselves to be an asset around the forum not just to consider someone base on their ranks or how long they have been around.

If OP thinks he only deserve a temporary ban he has a chance to prove he's a great contributor around the forum.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 04, 2019, 05:49:39 PM

<...>
theymos already set a rule for temp. Ban which I think is just since he gives any rank a chance to prove themselves to be an asset around the forum not just to consider someone base on their ranks or how long they have been around.

If OP thinks he only deserve a temporary ban he has a chance to prove he's a great contributor around the forum.

Well that is good news...then let him present his case and hear what Theymos says about it.

I think if you can prove to theymos you love the idea of crypto and will try your best to push this entire movement forward then he will spare your account or give you one more chance. Although don't make a long post because they are not glady received. Then again he is busy and has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. So not much spare time.

I would advise Greg..... to not try to excuse the actions (some were not plagiarism but some look like they may be financially motivated) but just say i am sorry, it was a mistake, i will gladly forget having sigs, I will become a great member here and redeem myself. Then never do it again.

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 12:24:27 PM

Clearly , the punishment does NOT fit the crime. Greg simply copied and pasted his own work once. The system picked it up, and banned him. Greg has been a great contributor over the years, and deserves his account reinstated. This was a simple mistake.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2019, 01:04:06 PM

Rules are Rules and the Source Link is missing there !
I don't think this kind of post is called plagiarism. I wrote about plagiarism, and methods to avoid plagiarism there:
[TIPS] to avoid plagiarism
There are some acceptable methods, including leaving original information inside quote block, even you don't remember exactly where is a source of it.
leaving original contents or typing what you remember that someone else wrote somewhere else
_gregofdoom_

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 07:57:58 AM

Bitcointalk administrators, once again, please restore my account.
I love crypto and this account is my identity.

I promise that I will attention to what I write and that it will be in accordance with the regulations.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 12:42:40 PM

Bitcointalk administrators, once again, please restore my account.
I love crypto and this account is my identity.

I promise that I will attention to what I write and that it will be in accordance with the regulations.

Ban evasion is not helping your case.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
May 04, 2019, 04:04:40 PM

Like what most have stated, ignorance of the law excuses no one. If the forum moderator were to accept your alibi, that would be prejudicial to all previous users who got banned due to the same offence since retroactivity would apply here.

Since you copy-pasted a document, modified, and posted here in the forum without giving credit, you suffer the consequence of getting permanently banned. Just move on and learn from your mistake OP.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x