Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Trader Brutally Tortured  (Read 1468 times)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 06:23:40 PM

Its really painful such things are happening. The truth is we don't know the mind of people, thus we have to be very mindful of who we tell we posse Bitcoins. There are people who will go the extra mile to extra our bitcoin details from us. We just have to be careful out there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2019, 06:58:18 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

This is really bad. I advise if you have much bitcoin dont ever say in it public

No one is stupid enough to say that they own a certain number of Bitcoins in the public. But the tax regulations and laws in certain countries requires you to divulge about your crypto holdings to the authorities. And once your information is loaded to the public servers, normally it won't take much time for that data to end up in the hands of shady people.
Alpinat

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 07:44:41 PM

This is very alarming to all people who trade cryptocurrency out there. Do not share your personal profit amount and always secure your private keys. Sharing to other people that you are in trading is not advisable. This news will represent a warning to all of us who trades crypto.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 16, 2019, 08:01:52 PM

This is really bad. I advise if you have much bitcoin dont ever say in it public
That's what we all should be ready to do if we want to avoid what happen to guy. Some person will always say much of what they have and owe, even the one they did't. Sometime is better to be secretive than be open to dangers with friends.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 04:20:47 AM

KYC must be banned to all cryptocurrency it can be a way for us to have another victim again.

I wonder whose this trader is, for sure he/she has an account here in BCT.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 04:40:02 AM

No one is stupid enough to say that they own a certain number of Bitcoins in the public. But the tax regulations and laws in certain countries requires you to divulge about your crypto holdings to the authorities. And once your information is loaded to the public servers, normally it won't take much time for that data to end up in the hands of shady people.

hacking tax authority servers just to rob crypto traders? that sounds a bit elaborate.

plenty of people are stupid enough to boast about their crypto holdings in public---this isn't the first time this type of thing has happened. like others have mentioned, this is why i am very discreet in public about my involvement with bitcoin and primarily only discuss it with trusted friends/family.

bitcoin=electronic cash, so obviously if violent criminals know you have access to bitcoin, you have a target on your back. plan accordingly and maybe don't go around flashing hardware wallets or slapping bitcoin stickers on your laptop.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:21:25 AM

A crypto trader from the Netherlands had been brutally tortured in front of his 4-year-old daughter, by 3 suspects disguised as police.  The investigator suspected that the criminals stole some private keys, passwords that transferred the victim's fund to the suspect's wallet. How could the criminal know his a trader and identity, location? Could this be an inside job?

More information here:
Even initially i dint think about that but how these people get to know about his wallet address . There is a chances of somebidy close to him might give information . Now onwards i never share my crypto holding details to anyone . Even publicly i dont give my wallet addresses.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 12:07:31 PM

This is the main reason why I don't say to anyone what I'm doing with regards to cryptocurrency. I don't want this to happen to me.

Maybe this trader shared some information on the internet like personal information, how he is earning in trading etc. I suggest not to share any information regarding this to social media platforms because you don't know what can happen to you after doing it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
proTECH77

Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:13:24 PM

KYC must be banned to all cryptocurrency it can be a way for us to have another victim again.

I wonder whose this trader is, for sure he/she has an account here in BCT.

Don't believe the victim has an account with Bitcointalk.org. There is a clear indication that the victim boast of his/her portfolios in Bitcoin. Never speak out of your portfolios to your neighbors becasue they might be your enemies. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Indamuck

Merit: 554

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:31:07 PM

Quite the opposite, there are a ton of public crypto figures that are boasting about their wealth.  Same thing goes for anyone rich, people love to show off.  The chance of getting physically tortured is still very small but people like to make it seem more likely than it really is.
thirdlight

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:46:37 PM

Quite the opposite, there are a ton of public crypto figures that are boasting about their wealth.  Same thing goes for anyone rich, people love to show off.  The chance of getting physically tortured is still very small but people like to make it seem more likely than it really is.
I agree.  People are such creatures that they want to appear better than others.  And that they have more than others because they boast.  And then from the same tolerate.

GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 12:50:15 PM

Of course, you all are right in saying that need to talk less about cryptocurrency earnings. But on the other hand, how can we spread the word about crypto for its large-scale adoption if we are silent?
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 04:12:04 PM

Of course, you all are right in saying that need to talk less about cryptocurrency earnings. But on the other hand, how can we spread the word about crypto for its large-scale adoption if we are silent?

In order to spread awareness about the crypto-currency, you need to talk about its advantages and merits. Why do you think that you need to talk about how many coins you own, for this purpose? You can give examples of users who became rich after investing in crypto, but there is no need to give absolute numbers.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 02:46:23 AM

In order to spread awareness about the crypto-currency, you need to talk about its advantages and merits. Why do you think that you need to talk about how many coins you own, for this purpose? You can give examples of users who became rich after investing in crypto, but there is no need to give absolute numbers.

showing some numbers or showing some proof (ex. your reciept ) can make you look more believable than explaining bitcoin alone but you should be careful on which person you are talking to  . only do this method to someone that you fully trusted or recognize ( ex. your close friend or family ) so that you can be safe from theft and being tortured like what happen on the story of the op  .
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 03:11:25 AM

This is quite sad. This is the exact reason why i disagree with the idea of KYC presented by most crypto exchange platforms. Your identity can be easily stolen and people can easily harm you with your stolen identity. Once these platforms securities are broken, identities are easily stolen.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 04:23:10 AM

A crypto trader from the Netherlands had been brutally tortured in front of his 4-year-old daughter, by 3 suspects disguised as police.  The investigator suspected that the criminals stole some private keys, passwords that transferred the victim's fund to the suspect's wallet. How could the criminal know his a trader and identity, location? Could this be an inside job?

More information here:

This is why you have to seperate our wallet into pieces if we have a big amount of cryptocurrency in it.
The criminals will aim the big wallet and track every transaction made and will get our information in real life. Stay careful.
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 18, 2019, 04:49:14 AM

in my opinion it is the actions of insiders namely people who already know the daily activities of victims or you can also get information about the victim's identity from KYC. so we should always be careful. and it's best if we work in cryptocurrency we don't use attributes or clothing that says bitcoin or cryptocurrency. it will make us the target of evil people.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
MonsterV
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 10:53:33 PM

There are so many possibilities that can occur in this case, they can know each other through social media or community, or they are family or close friends. In my opinion, the police must be able to find the perpetrators and find out the motives for the murder of the perpetrators as soon as possible.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
     ▄▀█▀█ █████████████▄▄
   ▄██ █ █▄████████████████▄
  ██ █ ██▀█ █████████████████
 █▀█▄█▄▀█▄██▄█████████████████
██ █ ██ ██ ██▄▀████████████████
███▀█▀██ ███▀███▀██████████████
███▄██ ██▄▀██▄███▄█████████████
 ███▄▀██▀██▄▀██▄▀██▄▀▀████████
  █████▀█▄█▀█▄▀▀██▄▀▀██▄▄▀█▀█
   ▀████▄███▄█▀█▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄█▀█▀
     ▀▀████▄▀██▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▀▀
         ▀▀▀██▄▄███▀▀▀
......1xBit.com..BENEFIT ..SEASON........
       ▄▄███████████▄▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████████████████
██████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████
        █    █▄   █
        ▀▀▄    ▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
           ▀▀▄    ▀▀▄▄█      ▄▀
              ▀▀▄     █▀▀▄▄  █
                 ▀▀▄  █   ▄█▀
                    ▀▀█▄▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 03:14:56 AM

This is indeed an inside job either from one of his friends or one of the sites where he use KYC and they use this information in order to find him.If its one of his friends then pretty sure it is caused by jealous if he is a big trader and earning good amounts or just have bad intention to him

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 03:36:41 AM

This is indeed an inside job either from one of his friends or one of the sites where he use KYC and they use this information in order to find him.If its one of his friends then pretty sure it is caused by jealous if he is a big trader and earning good amounts or just have bad intention to him
That could be one of the main reason why the bitcoin trader gets tortured, money is the root of all evil and that is why we should avoid spitting some of our personal information like our income to our friends or even family members because jealousy can hit them and it might turn into some evil thing that will cost you life.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print