Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:55:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you still hodling that shitcoin?  (Read 50288 times)
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1178

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:04:02 AM

There are some shitcoins in my wallet. Main reasons why I'm holding them are:
1) I'm a bit lazy to search where I can trade them.
2) If we speak about Ethereum tokens (I think the OP under shitcoins meant any crap, token or coin), network fees are high. Sending tokens cost more than the total price you sell them for.
3) Those who buy 1 sat coins (for example lots of cheap coins are available on crex24), simply dont remember what they sell and where exactly they hold them.

Using mobile app (like blockfolio or delta) not always helps, as they dont support all the crap coins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chikator

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:08:36 AM

There are some tokens in my ethereum wallet that have lost value to the extent I don't think they can ever recover even if the bull market starts tomorrow due to the level of competition in the altcoin market. I also bought some coins but can't remember the password or name of exchange i bought them on (thinking it was cryptopia) I didn't bother transferring it off the exchange and most of them were bought around 1satoshi.

Back to my ethereum wallet, each time I see those worthless token I just laugh and continue with what I login my wallet to do. If you ask me why I'm still holding does tokens in my wallet I can't give a reply. Why are you still holding those shitcoins sorry altcoin

I hold unto some of mine because why not really. I think we all fell for that shitcoin hype back in 2017, maybe for the memories or we couldnt be bothered to get rid of them.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:11:00 AM

Shitcoins are project that are abandoned, no more team activities or any updates, if you are holding a coin that keeps dumping in price and team still continue working on the project there is a chance that the project will recover soon or later

Untomabur

Activity: 669
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:20:41 AM

I think you should keep discounted tokens in the hope of their growth in the future. No one knows what can happen and quite possibly these tokens will sometime profits in the future.
if you have a lot of money, maybe you should buy coins that are still cheap, lots of potential coins, not tokens, try to see Credit, KYDC, and GBX. this coin have a great potential for to the moon

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
celemoore

Activity: 30
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:29:47 AM

What is the point of selling a shitcoin, you will spend more money on gas fees and you won't be able to withdraw from exchange as the value is so low. It can just remain in the wallet and ifsome sort of miracle happens, it may revive in value again....
Jamalmg

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:35:24 AM

Do not underestimate shitcoins, if they are completely dead well that's the end probably but if development is still ongoing they can bring better results in future, keep them in your wallet and enjoy how things works out
You know and everyone know when any project dead then this is called shit coin as well and i think some shit coin can stand with good team, but almost 80% shit coin just for garbage i am buying some shit coin from yobit exchange, and still hold..   
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:31:29 PM

There are some tokens in my ethereum wallet that have lost value to the extent I don't think they can ever recover even if the bull market starts tomorrow due to the level of competition in the altcoin market. I also bought some coins but can't remember the password or name of exchange i bought them on (thinking it was cryptopia) I didn't bother transferring it off the exchange and most of them were bought around 1satoshi.

Back to my ethereum wallet, each time I see those worthless token I just laugh and continue with what I login my wallet to do. If you ask me why I'm still holding does tokens in my wallet I can't give a reply. Why are you still holding those shitcoins sorry altcoin

Well, to me not all decorative coins are completely shit.  There are some of them that can still become something in the future.  I got some altcoins as far back as 2018.  Since then, there was neither news about the development nor the listing of that coin. In fact, the project's telegram channel has been taken over by the spammers and scammers.  All of a suddenly this year, I just heard that the coin was listed.  Guess what! I realised close to $200 on that coin, at least it's something.  Not all of them are shitcoins especially in this period of time.  Let's just exercise some patience more, we never can tell if something good can come out of their Nazareth.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:37:25 PM

Well most of my shitcoins are worth literally 0 because they aren't listed anywhere so i can't sell them even if i wanted to.
Some others are in the 5-10$ region and to be honest that's to little to register on a small exchange just to get rid of them because thats the only exchange that they are still listed.
Bossfidelity
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:31:33 PM

The major reason why I still hold many worthless token is because they don't have a market, some others are not even worth the gas fee, considering the quantity in the wallet. Its best to just allow it lie there hoping that something may change in the future for the project and one could profit from it.
maruf01788

Activity: 938
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 07:31:37 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2020, 07:29:08 PM by maruf01788

I bought many shitcoins from coinexchange. When this exchange closed i transfer them in my Myetherwallet. I try yo sell sell them but it's valueless or not Listed any exchange. I research google, telegram but i can't any update.  So I send this shitcoin their contract address.  Grin        
Rikotin

Activity: 296
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 08:06:19 PM

If it is listed on the market and the price is good then I will sell it, so, there is no other choice but to hold it for a period of time. Because in a bull run even coins that are deemed dead or not on anyone's radar for the last two years are getting up for some reason. the unknown. instead of trying your luck.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2002
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 08:27:24 PM

It shitting can't be exchange with another, so just holding to eternity. There is no market where anything like shitcoins can be exchange, some of these coins are dead and will remains dead in the wallet. Remember that anything dead in the wallet can't be discarded but to remain as numbers in wallet. Though there are handful of my coins awaiting listing into good cryptocurrency exchange, those types am still holding too.

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2020, 08:50:21 PM

To put it simply, we have no other options, because this coin does not have any value. We can only hope that when the market is in a bullish trend, some of these coins might appreciate in value in the future. but to be honest I'm not focused on some of these altcoins.
It can happen on some coins that have still an active team and project but on most of the shitcoin that is abandoned, It's rare for them to rise up the value even if bull run happens. I personally have shitcoins that lost its value over time and I don't really expect some changes into them, I do check prices of them sometimes but it doesn't show any movement at all and most of it doesn't have exchange anymore. I accepted into myself that their purpose now is they are acting as my comemorative coin for many fail trading attempts I did before.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 09:07:01 PM

From my own point of view, My shitcoins are No longer tradable. Most has been delisted from Exchanges and the team behind the projects has abandoned it. some are not trad-able while the rest are to tiny that i will loose real funds just to transfer shit tokens to exchange due to high fees so the best option is to leave it there.

ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 09:26:55 PM

The reason is only one, the token is not listed on any exchange so what else can we do, does not exist. So obviously I think, while the tokens are still tradable even though the price is low, at least they are still good and sell them only to be converted to better altcoins in the future.
That's extremely right, that's no choice than to hold your shit token. I have so many unlisted and no value coins in my portfolio but I didn't mind it because I know someday it will have a good value. Well, I am just hoping that I will still sell my token someday when there is the value.

Some on my coins that listed in a good exchange, I bid it on a high price that I have my profit when someone will buy, once the price will go up high, it is automatically sold out for sure.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 11:37:04 PM

The reason is that shitcoin is very low price and if we are going to sell it we only get penny or a very small amount of profit the worst thing is if we buy that altcoin in a high price and end up all into shitcoin, thats considered as loss. The only solution for that matter is selling even if we got loss as long as we can sell it even in a low price we need to sell it and change it to good altcoin for good.
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2020, 11:50:25 PM

Imagine buying tokens for like $200 and then it all went down to shit coin and is now like 25$ I think by that time you just hold and remember how ridicious buying those coins was

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 09:05:50 AM

I am still holding plenty of them, a ton of tokens that haven't been listed on any exchange despite being created years ago and tokens of failed investments as a bitter reminder of not chasing the hype and stick to already established projects, stuff like Atonomi, Hero Node, Open Protocol etc.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 09:34:13 AM

The reason is only one, the token is not listed on any exchange so what else can we do, does not exist. So obviously I think, while the tokens are still tradable even though the price is low, at least they are still good and sell them only to be converted to better altcoins in the future.

and also for now the fee for sending the token is quite high, so it is better to leave it in the wallet instead of having to send it and pay for a token which is worthless.I also have some tokens in my wallet, and I remember that it was the result of some bounties that I joined first.
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 10:24:32 AM

I have probably 65 shitcoin im sorry altcoin in my etherscan to lot of them has no value anymore and may it cant be sale and no one accept that altcoin from fail project but not scam project
The coin still have value to sell maybe only a few and if it count only 20$ all of it
I will pay a lot to pay the gas just to got 2 or 3$ and thats not worthed
So i decided to let the coin in there maybe it will become an antique coin in past 20 year later we dont know hahaha

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: