Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:10:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Macron to deploy French army against yellow vest protests  (Read 457 times)
TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 11:08:14 AM

So you are really doubling down and arguing that Macron is calling in the military to stop already dying protests? If that was the truth, wouldn't that actually be something that could make the protests WORSE? I am very truly sorry you lack basic abilities for critical thought and are so totally ignorant of the happenings going on around you in your own nation.
First Macron is NOT calling the military to stop the protests, stop spreading lies.
Second, Macron is using the military to be able to use all the police of Paris to completely block and finish the protests. He couldn't do that 3 months earlier because the number of policemen wasn't high enough to suppress 200k people. But they successfully did for 40k. No damage this Saturday.
Your link says nothing about the source of your numbers. Additionally you have tried to source these numbers before, and they were all from either the police or the government, both which have a direct vested interest in downplaying the protests. It is time for all little boys and girls to put on their big boy/girl pants and take a good hard look at what is going on around you instead of just parroting what the media tells you. You have to earn the truth, lies are distributed freely for all. Go earn it little boy.

No. You're confusing Unions and police I'm very sorry for your brain.
I've given you about 6 different sources and you refused them all for very various reasons. Because you don't care for facts.

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/gilets-jaunes-des-tensions-a-nice-montpellier-lyon-et-toulouse_2069048.html
http://www.francesoir.fr/politique-france/quel-est-le-nombre-de-manifestants-gilets-jaunes-pour-cet-acte-14
https://www.europe1.fr/societe/gilets-jaunes-39300-manifestants-samedi-en-france-dont-4000-a-paris-3866825
https://actu.orange.fr/france/gilets-jaunes-39-300-manifestants-samedi-en-france-dont-4-000-a-paris-CNT000001dpNKe.html
https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2019/03/02/gilets-jaunes-plusieurs-milliers-de-manifestants-pour-l-acte-xvi_5430620_3224.html

I can give you hundreds of those but you simply refuse them without any reason.

And most of all, you're denying the field experience. I was there in December. I was there two weeks ago. The protests are completely dead compared to what they were.

3 months ago, we blocked more than 40 roads inside Paris, 10 different subway station (central ones).

Last protest there was 2 roads blocked and one station.

3 months ago, the damages done were in millions every week

Last protest nothing got destroyed at all.

3 mlonths ago there was 400 arrests every week and more thatn 300 policemen hurt

Last protest 20 arrests and one policeman had an heart attack

You deny reality, that's your problem. It doesn't change reality.

I see, so he says that is what they are for, and Macron is trustworthy right? Obviously he is so trustworthy these people are all calling for his removal, he wouldn't lie to the people who want him removed right? I looked through each of your sources and I don't even see any mention of unions. I do however in every one of your sources see the numbers referenced by The Ministry of Interior, and again the government has vested interest in downplaying the real numbers.

https://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/societe/gilets-jaunes-des-tensions-a-nice-montpellier-lyon-et-toulouse_2069048.html

"the Minister of the Interior announced the assessment of 40,500 demonstrators yellow vests throughout France, including 5000 in Paris."

http://www.francesoir.fr/politique-france/quel-est-le-nombre-de-manifestants-gilets-jaunes-pour-cet-acte-14

"However, the figures circulating in the media remain those of the Ministry of the Interior since the yellow vests do not officially communicate any number, need a centralized counting system. For this Saturday, 16, the Ministry of the Interior announced that at 14h, the number of demonstrators identified was 10,200. A figure down from last week (12,100). In Paris, the event gathered 3,000 people, according to official figures that must remain questionable. The police prefecture also added that 16 people were arrested at 17h.

On social networks, government estimates are widely defeated and challenged. On one of the Facebook pages entitled "The yellow number" ( see here ), sympathizers of the movement propose to count the number of demonstrators by trying in particular to trace information from the field, including in small towns where movements do not bring together a few dozen people. And the numbers are very different from those of the Ministry of the Interior. For Act 13 on Saturday, February 9, the Facebook page estimated that the number of demonstrators amounted to at least 118,222 yellow vests, listed in 215 municipalities. That is almost ten times the number of the Ministry of the Interior."

https://www.europe1.fr/societe/gilets-jaunes-39300-manifestants-samedi-en-france-dont-4000-a-paris-3866825

"The "yellow vests" were 39,300 to parade throughout France, according to the Ministry of the Interior."

https://actu.orange.fr/france/gilets-jaunes-39-300-manifestants-samedi-en-france-dont-4-000-a-paris-CNT000001dpNKe.html

"About 39,300 "yellow vests" have demonstrated throughout France, including 4,000 in Paris, according to the figures of the Ministry of the Interior provided at the end of the sixteenth Saturday of mobilization of this social movement, marked by some clashes in the regions."

https://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2019/03/02/gilets-jaunes-plusieurs-milliers-de-manifestants-pour-l-acte-xvi_5430620_3224.html

"According to the Ministry of the Interior, there were some 39,300 in France, including 4,000 in Paris."

So as you can see all of your sources are getting their numbers from the same place with the same incentive to lie about it. Also your own sources note the actual number is under dispute. Additionally they do in fact confirm the military has been deployed to deal with the yellow vest protests

https://www.lemonde.fr/police-justice/article/2019/03/20/les-militaires-de-sentinelle-seront-mobilises-pour-l-acte-xix-des-gilets-jaunes_5438862_1653578.html

In summary, what I said was accurate, and your conclusions are based on flawed information. Also your presence on 2 occasions is irrelevant because not only does that not represent the entire national turn out, I highly doubt you spent the time to count, even if you could figure out how to count that high.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 12:30:54 PM

Can't do anything against such bad faith.

Keep your beliefs that currently French are in revolution and Macron sent the army in.

Continue to deny reality.

Already sent you union's numbers. You refused them.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 01:02:06 PM

Can't do anything against such bad faith.

Keep your beliefs that currently French are in revolution and Macron sent the army in.

Continue to deny reality.

Already sent you union's numbers. You refused them.

You mean police union numbers? There is no motivation for them to lie  either right?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2019, 01:08:53 PM

You mean police union numbers? There is no motivation for them to lie  either right?

Nope there is no motivation for them to lie, if there is any motivation to lie it's to increase the number.

What's the goal of a police union?

-Obtain better treatments for policemen
-Obtain more ressources, better equipment and better conditions for police forces
-Obtain more money for policemen

They are always in conflict with government because of that. What is better for them?
-To give the vision of small protests that can be more easily taken care of, taking the risk to show how innefficient police is if they don't manage to take care of it
-To increase the number or give a fair number of protests so that they can negotiate with government to get more ressources and better treatments as they have extra work. Plus obtain from government ot have more lenient conditions as the policemen are under so much pressure.

I don't know what unions look like in your countries but in France union = trying to defend the workers. Here the workers are policemen and boss is the government so there is no reason to defend the view of the government...

And if you believe that soldiers have been used to suppress protests, you're even more guillible than what I thought. What do you think? That saturday we had the French army marching on the protests?

Edit: the most stupid thing is that the numbers in themselves are irrelevant, we're talking about their EVOLUTION not about their absolute value.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 05:36:59 PM

You mean police union numbers? There is no motivation for them to lie  either right?

Nope there is no motivation for them to lie, if there is any motivation to lie it's to increase the number.

What's the goal of a police union?

-Obtain better treatments for policemen
-Obtain more ressources, better equipment and better conditions for police forces
-Obtain more money for policemen

They are always in conflict with government because of that. What is better for them?
-To give the vision of small protests that can be more easily taken care of, taking the risk to show how innefficient police is if they don't manage to take care of it
-To increase the number or give a fair number of protests so that they can negotiate with government to get more ressources and better treatments as they have extra work. Plus obtain from government ot have more lenient conditions as the policemen are under so much pressure.

I don't know what unions look like in your countries but in France union = trying to defend the workers. Here the workers are policemen and boss is the government so there is no reason to defend the view of the government...

And if you believe that soldiers have been used to suppress protests, you're even more guillible than what I thought. What do you think? That saturday we had the French army marching on the protests?

Edit: the most stupid thing is that the numbers in themselves are irrelevant, we're talking about their EVOLUTION not about their absolute value.

The police have inherent interest to play down the size of the protest in order to attempt to get the protestors to give up and go home. This is not a complicated concept. This would best serve the police and the government.

https://www.lemonde.fr/police-justice/article/2019/03/20/les-militaires-de-sentinelle-seront-mobilises-pour-l-acte-xix-des-gilets-jaunes_5438862_1653578.html

Sure looks like they deployed the military to suppress the protest to me...
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:40:02 AM

The police have inherent interest to play down the size of the protest in order to attempt to get the protestors to give up and go home. This is not a complicated concept. This would best serve the police and the government.
Yeah confusing the police union and the police is completely ok  Roll Eyes
Is it because you can't read French? It is perfectly ok if that's the case and I understand that there can be misunderstandings because most sources are in French.

Soldiers will replace normal police forces on official buildings surveillance, buildings that are not on the path of the protests. Then those policemen will be able to go help their colleagues to suppress the protest. Those soldiers have been patrolling and guarding buildings since the begining of terrorist strikes in Europe.

Now of course it's completely unnacceptable that government is using full police forces to suppress it's own population and the use of soldiers will tend to limit the outbreaks of the protest (because there will be soldiers around the protest, far away but all around). It's completely dictatorial to see government putting soldiers not far away from its own population, saying "now try to revolt you peasants".

I just want you to stop giving misleading informations, the army isn't used against yellow vests, or at least not directly. Soldiers are used as a far away threat and to be sure Macron can put all the police forces in the battle.

But he's not sending soldiers against the population. Yet.

Now is France a dictatorship? Sure thing.
Is Macron an asshole feeling that he's a king in his country? Sure thing.
Am I happy to see the people trying to fight that? Sure thing.

Are the people failing to revolt and are the protests dying? Sadly yes.

We're in the same side here I believe, as incredible as it can be. But I just want to state what's really happening not what I would like to see hapenning Smiley

And if you have an idea on how to shake this up I'm all ears.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 09:47:16 AM

Yeah confusing the police union and the police is completely ok  Roll Eyes
Is it because you can't read French? It is perfectly ok if that's the case and I understand that there can be misunderstandings because most sources are in French.

Soldiers will replace normal police forces on official buildings surveillance, buildings that are not on the path of the protests. Then those policemen will be able to go help their colleagues to suppress the protest. Those soldiers have been patrolling and guarding buildings since the begining of terrorist strikes in Europe.

Now of course it's completely unnacceptable that government is using full police forces to suppress it's own population and the use of soldiers will tend to limit the outbreaks of the protest (because there will be soldiers around the protest, far away but all around). It's completely dictatorial to see government putting soldiers not far away from its own population, saying "now try to revolt you peasants".

I just want you to stop giving misleading informations, the army isn't used against yellow vests, or at least not directly. Soldiers are used as a far away threat and to be sure Macron can put all the police forces in the battle.

But he's not sending soldiers against the population. Yet.

Now is France a dictatorship? Sure thing.

Are the people failing to revolt and are the protests dying? Sadly yes.

We're in the same side here I believe, as incredible as it can be. But I just want to state what's really happening not what I would like to see hapenning Smiley

And if you have an idea on how to shake this up I'm all ears.

The police union is composed of the police, hence they will tend to have the same goals... not sure what your point is. I just find it asinine that you believe all these things:

"Now is France a dictatorship? Sure thing.

Are the people failing to revolt and are the protests dying? Sadly yes."

and yet you still are not willing to accept that your government is lying to you. This is the crux of these issues world wide. You see all the corruption, but then you turn right around, pull down your pants, and bend over again and again for the same people who are responsible never once seeing the connection between the two.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 09:56:36 AM

The police union is composed of the police, hence they will tend to have the same goals... not sure what your point is. I just find it asinine that you believe all these things:

and yet you still are not willing to accept that your government is lying to you. This is the crux of these issues world wide. You see all the corruption, but then you turn right around, pull down your pants, and bend over again and again for the same people who are responsible never once seeing the connection between the two.

Oh no don't worry I believe this strongly! We've seen... Terrible things last years under Macron. True mafia at work. They don't even hide it anymore.

I just want to say that on those 2 subjects they don't have to lie because sadly the protests are dying and they don't even have to use the soldiers directly.

And contrary to tons of people, I haven't bent over and voted Macron. I don't like extreme conservatives and I think protectionnists are wrong, but they certainly can't be worse than those globalists. Nothing can be worse than that.

I wish both extremists understood that their common ennemy is worse that their opposite extreme. Globalists and banks are worse than pretty much anything. Better Le Pen than Macron, better Trump than Hillary. But also better Melanchon than Macron and better Senders than Hillary. See what I mean?

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 01:45:55 PM

Oh no don't worry I believe this strongly! We've seen... Terrible things last years under Macron. True mafia at work. They don't even hide it anymore.

I just want to say that on those 2 subjects they don't have to lie because sadly the protests are dying and they don't even have to use the soldiers directly.

And contrary to tons of people, I haven't bent over and voted Macron. I don't like extreme conservatives and I think protectionnists are wrong, but they certainly can't be worse than those globalists. Nothing can be worse than that.

I wish both extremists understood that their common ennemy is worse that their opposite extreme. Globalists and banks are worse than pretty much anything. Better Le Pen than Macron, better Trump than Hillary. But also better Melanchon than Macron and better Senders than Hillary. See what I mean?

I think again you are missing my point. Why do you believe a single syllable from the mouths of these people? You have agreed they have clearly established themselves as having no reputability regarding the common wealth of the people of France, yet you are still willing to accept their statistics and their "pinky promise" to not use the troops directly on the protestors. Misdirection and disinformation is a primary if not THE primary strategy of warfare, and whether you are willing to admit it or not, war is what you have there, albeit in the earliest stages. Combine this with the roll out of European internet censorship, and you should be able to feel the rope around your neck tightening with a little critical thought. The idea that they have no reason to lie and do not fear a populist revolt is absurd, it is the ONE THING these people do fear, a unified revolt. You even acknowledge their divide and conquer strategy. Why would they use this if it was not something for them to fear? I am of the opinion that you are being carefully lulled into a false sense of security before the floor drops out and there are much harder choices to make.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:51:29 PM

I think again you are missing my point. Why do you believe a single syllable from the mouths of these people? You have agreed they have clearly established themselves as having no reputability regarding the common wealth of the people of France, yet you are still willing to accept their statistics and their "pinky promise" to not use the troops directly on the protestors.
No, I believe it because no one in Saturday's protests has seens a soldier. That's all.
Misdirection and disinformation is a primary if not THE primary strategy of warfare, and whether you are willing to admit it or not, war is what you have there, albeit in the earliest stages. Combine this with the roll out of European internet censorship, and you should be able to feel the rope around your neck tightening with a little critical thought. I am of the opinion that you are being carefully lulled into a false sense of security before the floor drops out and there are much harder choices to make.
That worse is coming doesn't change the fact that they haven't used soldiers against the protest Saturday.

Of course the problem is more that the president has the right to do so rather than him doing so.

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 01:54:07 PM

I think again you are missing my point. Why do you believe a single syllable from the mouths of these people? You have agreed they have clearly established themselves as having no reputability regarding the common wealth of the people of France, yet you are still willing to accept their statistics and their "pinky promise" to not use the troops directly on the protestors.
No, I believe it because no one in Saturday's protests has seens a soldier. That's all.
Misdirection and disinformation is a primary if not THE primary strategy of warfare, and whether you are willing to admit it or not, war is what you have there, albeit in the earliest stages. Combine this with the roll out of European internet censorship, and you should be able to feel the rope around your neck tightening with a little critical thought. I am of the opinion that you are being carefully lulled into a false sense of security before the floor drops out and there are much harder choices to make.
That worse is coming doesn't change the fact that they haven't used soldiers against the protest Saturday.

Of course the problem is more that the president has the right to do so rather than him doing so.

And exactly what has you convinced that they wont do this?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 01:58:51 PM

Oh I've never said such thing!

They can definitely do this. They just haven't done it yet that's all I'm saying.

And I don't think that they will because recent political events showed us that they had a civilian mafia working for them so I don't see why they would send soldiers when they have civilians that can do the same. But that's not really better honestly...

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 02:29:51 PM

They can definitely do this. They just haven't done it yet that's all I'm saying.

And I don't think that they will because recent political events showed us that they had a civilian mafia working for them so I don't see why they would send soldiers when they have civilians that can do the same. But that's not really better honestly...

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 02:39:26 PM

Ahahah xD

Well I do have the hope that the use of the army would lit the fire of the revolution. But what do I know?

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 02:43:44 PM

Ahahah xD

Well I do have the hope that the use of the army would lit the fire of the revolution. But what do I know?

And what better time to take control of a nation than when it is experiencing chaos and bloodshed?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:04:30 PM

Ahahah xD

And what better time to take control of a nation than when it is experiencing chaos and bloodshed?

Who would take this control?

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 03:10:48 PM

Ahahah xD

Who would take this control?

Very good question. The problem is no one can be sure. Is that a game of Russian roulette you want to play?
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:30:53 PM

Very good question. The problem is no one can be sure. Is that a game of Russian roulette you want to play?

Honestly I think so.
I mean clearly current state of things means certain doom.
With a russian roulette game at least you're supposed to have a chance.
I'd rather take a chance over certain doom.

Just hope my chances are high xD

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2019, 03:31:56 PM

Honestly I think so.
I mean clearly current state of things means certain doom.
With a russian roulette game at least you're supposed to have a chance.
I'd rather take a chance over certain doom.

Just hope my chances are high xD

Or you know, find alternatives to revolution...
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2019, 03:32:48 PM

Or you know, find alternatives to revolution...

Hey I'm all ok for an alternative. I just haven't found any.

What do you have in mind?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: