Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins: to Mine or to Buy? That is the Question  (Read 4423 times)
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 09:55:32 PM

If you consider individuals who mine cryptocurrencies the greater part of them tell that it isn't beneficial, however not all.
Some of individuals still do this and even use it like the asset of warming for their homes, yet there are not all that numerous individuals. I don't think about purchasing coins. It is likewise the open inquiry concerning the benefit. It is extremely harder these days to acquire especially consistently on purchasing.
Buying coins off the market and holding is still the smartest option in my opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2019, 09:56:44 PM

If you have a very good mining rig then please by all means dont let it go to waste but if what you have can bearly afford it i will suggest you set your pc aside for mining and just go into trading man

H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 03:33:26 AM

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware

PoS is a good option if you don't want to deal with mining equipments and heavy working hardwares.
I personally prefer to staking coin or running masternode than mining coin because it can save your time without setting the mining rigs.

prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2019, 06:22:14 AM

I definitely buy Altcoins now. Most of the coins fell in price by 50% in relation to Bitcoin and now is a very good price, you need not to miss the opportunity to buy Altcoins.

rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 06:58:07 AM

I definitely buy Altcoins now. Most of the coins fell in price by 50% in relation to Bitcoin and now is a very good price, you need not to miss the opportunity to buy Altcoins.
It's good for now but you might struggle to choose the best coins in the future. Sometimes, mining give more certainty about income while trading is more risky and full of uncertainty. So, it depends on personal ability to manage everything.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ryan992

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 07:06:07 AM

I don't have experience for mining, so I would like do buy coin in ICO etc if we invest in good coin we can get mo profit, or do some bounty campaign for altcoin.
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 07:30:24 AM

Analized my experience in cryptocurrency since 2014 year I made a conclusion that PoW mining is less profitable than just buying coins ever. With several exclusions that just confirmed the rule.
So what is your experience?
Cons and pros of both methods to make money in cryptoworld?

Now I prefer holding coins, PoS mining and other methods without noisy and hot hardware
I personally mine more than I buy. but I didn't buy an altcoin, which in my opinion has good potential in the future. so mining is good but buying is also good when there are profitable opportunities.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:18:55 AM

I have a mining experience in 2012-2013 and I think hodl strategy is more convenient and ease for a regular user. You just buy and hodl. And in mining need always to keep rigs live, make tuning and prophylactics, pay for expensive electricity, etc. It takes much time.
Honestly mining is really not that worth it sometimes, if you consider the money to set up these mining and even maintain the mining operation, I would rather use it to invest in promising coins even if they are smaller in value, I have seen a situation whereby someone invested just $50 and got about $600k back in return, what more does one need to have again.

So rather than facing all the stress in mining with the noise the machines produced coupled with the so much expensive electricity bill depending on the country it is being situated, I think it doesn’t pay that much for me.
babicena14

Activity: 780
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 11:37:41 AM

My experience tells me that the best way to make money on cryptocurrencies is passive hold. There is nothing easier, you just buy cryptocurrency on the bear market and wait for its price to reach its maximum. Another profitable way is to launch a masternode of a little-known cryptocurrency with huge prospects, but such projects require very careful analysis.

Nuxxorcoin

Activity: 332
Merit: 22

Turkish Translator

View Profile
May 21, 2019, 12:09:51 PM

Actually, there's another option. Besides, PoW wants a lot of quality CPU and GPU. So it comes to me as an old-fashioned system. You can choose PoS instead. There are projects where you can earn plenty of money just by leaving your wallet open. I prefer this one now, Veil.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:27:58 AM

I don't have experience for mining, so I would like do buy coin in ICO etc if we invest in good coin we can get mo profit, or do some bounty campaign for altcoin.
I don’t also see anything that special in mining mate, I think mining Is just being over exaggerated, just like the way they usually blow pre ico out of proportion and many people rush to buy it, and then you realize that you will still get the price far cheaper in post ico.

I think we should just buy and hold some of these coins, although someone has to mine, because if they don’t mine, how can we get supply, so everyone cannot just be a buyer, but for those who would want to buy, I think it is far more profitable to buy some of these coins than hold considering the cost of even setting up the mining farm.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 09:56:41 PM

Mining can be profitable as well, but it is not meant for everyone. The complexity, cost intensive and sophisticated equipment, not just anybody can handle it. Even the so call cpu mining for me is too much. While not just stick with buying, selling, holding, airdrop, bounty etc, which are quite easy to maneuver and earn as long as some key principles are adhered to. I go with anything apart from mining in this space to make profit.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 10:42:36 PM

Mining can be profitable in cryptocurrency but its not meant for everyone. If you want a long term investment then I suggest the buying.

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 12:19:10 AM

Mining can be worthwhile if a project has a strong development team, represents long term viability, and has adequate profitability and liquidity, but if it's not generating a decent ROI then its far better to invest, especially when any alternative asset is under its average mining costs and then wait until the market uptrend results in its appreciation

btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 02:55:47 AM

It's a complicated thing that you can't choose the option without experiments. In my case, I prefer PoW mining, because it doesn't require me putting more money in anything new if I have mining equipment. Also, most PoW coin holds its price uptrend for a long time. On the other hand, PoS mining requires to buy coins at their new arrival, obviously, they fall faster than I could imagine. Users dump them to get the ROI. I hate this game, so PoW is the winner.
Janna_MaMa

Activity: 295
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:24:09 AM

Both are beneficial when you keep it long term. Exploiting need large capital to invest in machinery, so choose potential and great value coins. I only recommend. When the coin price is reasonable or has made a profit, sell it
newgal2017

Activity: 337
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:24:51 AM

Today? It's buying or trading. I think mining is really expensive today from the mining equipment you're about to use, the electricity you're going to consume to run your hardware, rigs on where you're going to put your equipment, maintenance of it and you need to wait for a long time to recover your investment rather than trading or buying in a matter of time you might have a profit on your pocket but you may lost a little too in just a matter of time.
uralcryptocoin (OP)

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 08:21:34 PM

Well the summer begins and I begin my experiment.

Mining vs. Buying Challenge

The inintial conditions are as follows:
  • 2000$ is spent for mining equipment
  • 2000$ is spent for buying coins

Now I put my rig to Nicehash
Mining profitability is calculated as I posted earlier:

While waiting of BTX price consolidation I estimated my mining costs.
My rig is about 1-1.1 kW power from outlet. For simplify lets consider 1 kW. At 0.05 cents per kWh the rig consumes 0.05 * 24 = 1.2 USD
Also it should calculate hardware ammortization. I think in 3 years the harware will lost 75% of it's current price. Also for simplifying lets consider linear price reduction.
So it will be as follows:
2000 USD * 75% = 1500 USD then
1500 USD / (3 years = 3*365 days = 1095) ≈ 1.37 USD

Total costs for the mining will be: -1.57 USD

At current mining profitablitiy for the config of 5-5.5 USD per day the pure profit is 3.5-4 USD (not so great but also not so bad)

P.S. in nest several days I will prepare pre-analytics for both mining and holding (plots, tables, etc)

My coins portfolio looks as follows:

I used coinmarketcap data for BTC\USD price calculation
My BTC I've put for 4.08% Annual interest at freebitco.in resource to get additional satoshis)

P.S. The results of next week I will post at Sat\Sun

P.P.S. Further I will update the OP of the thread and create plots to make this challenge info more usable

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:21:25 AM

In my view, everyone has different ways and mindsets, but basically everyone is looking for profit. If you want to get a big profit, I think the capital you have to have must be big,
example:
- Mining (the greater the capital to build a mining rig, the greater the profit that will be obtained, with a note that a miner has experience in their field)
- Investment by buying tokens that have good prospects, The more capital we have, the more tokens we can have and if we sell at a good price. The more results obtained.

However, if we buy tokens the process will be easier than having to build a mining rig,
(this is my opinion Smiley)
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 12:29:20 AM

In my view, everyone has different ways and mindsets, but basically everyone is looking for profit. If you want to get a big profit, I think the capital you have to have must be big,
You can still earn big with or without big capital but as long you know what you are doing  . You know the coins that you are going to invest and you are in control of situation whenever there is a crisis in the crypto market .

example:
- Mining (the greater the capital to build a mining rig, the greater the profit that will be obtained, with a note that a miner has experience in their field)
Big capital is not enough . You must also inspect your sorroundings like for example if your electric bills is cheap or you have a large space and good temperature at your area  because this will have an impact on your mining business   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: