Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Knowing when to sell off your crypto investment  (Read 17820 times)
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 07:58:19 PM

Not soon that is for sure. I cannot even think to sell my investments at this point or anywhere under 20k$ / bitcoin so patience is actually the winner in this long race. I saw posts with people who already sold at this mini burst of bitcoin and now they regret it but with no mistakes you cannot learn anything.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 11:37:09 PM

The best time to get out of a trade is when you achieve your trading goals for that specific coin.
Profit taking is very important, this is why you should not be greedy and and always stick to your trading plan.
newdevices

Activity: 1048
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 11:57:45 PM

Finding bottoms and tops is not the best strategy and even you are good in it, look on average profit of crypto holder and you will find out that holding cryptocurrencies in a long time period is more profitable and risk is much lower.
If you are good at finding the bottom and top then you can be one of the most richest person in the world so don't deny that it is a best strategy but it is impossible to find on the crypto currencies since the prices are just moving on its own basis and doesn't following any charts at all.
we can only speculate, we cannot possibly determine the lower and upper points of crypto prices, the charts move according to the conditions of demand and supply that occur in the market, no one can set prices, if you want to sell coins then sell when you have profit from the coin
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 12:25:30 AM

It depends of your decision or you must have a target of how many percent are you gonna sell your crypto to earn enough profit, do not let your emotion dectate to you because after that you will get regret and turning yourself down.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 05:07:00 AM

Finding bottoms and tops is not the best strategy and even you are good in it, look on average profit of crypto holder and you will find out that holding cryptocurrencies in a long time period is more profitable and risk is much lower.
If you are good at finding the bottom and top then you can be one of the most richest person in the world so don't deny that it is a best strategy but it is impossible to find on the crypto currencies since the prices are just moving on its own basis and doesn't following any charts at all.
we can only speculate, we cannot possibly determine the lower and upper points of crypto prices, the charts move according to the conditions of demand and supply that occur in the market, no one can set prices, if you want to sell coins then sell when you have profit from the coin
I am also mentioned the same thing,no one can find the real bottom or top until it become happened.Maybe there are some exceptional people like having the super power of finding what will happen in the future can use this strategy to maximize their profits. Cheesy

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 06:46:51 AM

The best time to get out of a trade is when you achieve your trading goals for that specific coin.
Profit taking is very important, this is why you should not be greedy and and always stick to your trading plan.

Many people after achieving their goals feel satisfied and then look for new challenges, but in trading they will continue to try to get more profits and find the right time to manage it. Crypto is unpredictable but will still be useful when we are good at reading the right situation.

Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 06:54:27 AM

This question of selling and investing in exact time is very cumbersome because no-one can say you an exact time of exit from a crypto or entering in a investment. But, You should be calm & quite in the crypto market and wait for the volatile come less or neutral in the both situation of Bull and bear market. Definitely you yourself must get a indication of exit from the coin or enter into a investment. For exa; in recent time it is a clear indication of buying opportunity as the bear is running and almost all the coins are in the ground level also the volatile is decreased.
Krismanto

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 06:57:44 AM

If you are already on Crypto and invest. I think you have to be able to play totally and not give up. If you panic, it will only make you confused and after that, you will make the wrong decision. Better to stay afloat and not get out of Crypto because this industry is still very promising.

Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:09:47 AM

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

Welcome to the forum dear friend, Cryptocurrency market is like bed of roses when we make the profit we feel the smooth petals on our body & when we make losses we get the feeling of thorns on our body. As you said you have been already involved in crypto world before joining forum & used to follow the news that is good practice but you need to look after the other things as well which can help you to make decision of exiting your current investment. The price of every altcoins depends on the price of the Bitcoin, this has been prooven many times and in recent small pump when Bitcoin crossed 5000$ after 5months. Whenever you invest in news based altcoins for example X Coin/ Token announcing huge partneship, Testnet/Mainnet launch, node integration etc invest early when you get the news and exit 1 week before the deadline of that event. Don't be gr greedy at that movement just take out whatever profit you make whether its 5% or 50%. Crypto market runs on the hype and news you just need to take advantage of this hype before its gets over.

bestpikka

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:25:42 AM

so that you do not fall into serious losses you should have a benchmark of how far you have to hold your investment. so you won't be stuck in a dump market condition. do not be afraid to take the risk of selling a little loss, because if we are late in making a big loss decision we will get it.
Spotlessvillian

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:12:10 AM

It is really depends on the situation. First things first we should know when to sell your investment.. know if it will become profitable or not.. losses is a big mistake but investing is really taking risk.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:58:14 AM

My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?.
It's simple. If you think you have gathered the profit you wanted then it's safe to say that it is time for you to sell your crypto.

Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.
Actually it's up for the person to do long term trades and it's also up to him to pursue a short term trade. I think I can hit the panic button when the trade loss was 30% or something? That's when I cut loss.

OP, you need to read news about the coin you are trading in, since crypto coins are based on events also. It might help you to decide which is which.
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 01:36:57 PM

This is actually my first topic on the bitcointalk forum, been in the crypto eco-sphere for some time now but didn't really feel the need to join this forum until lately. As a trader/ investor the market has taught me some pretty tough lessons and am currently in search of solutions. My question is when does one get out of a trade or sell off a crypto investment?. I used to be a sucker for the hold gang but recent experience has taught me that sometimes you just need to sell off some cryptocurrency even at loss and move on with your life. Examples of such include dragon chain. I bought at the top a year ago and because of the fact that i noticed they were constantly having meetups and news on their social media, i felt sooner or later the market will correct and it will escalate in price. Fast forward to today am rekt and my investment is almost 92 percent gone.
I think its important to throw this question open to the public because a lot of noobs are coming through and although this happens to be the best time to join the crypto space, people need to be educated that it won't be always rossy, you might need to get out of some trades before it gets you down the rabbit hole and into wretchedness.
So blockchain experts and crypto enthusiast when do you say is the best time to get out of a trade? or Dump a long term cryptocurrency you invested in? What level of loss can you take before you hit the panic button?.

Sometimes we have to sell some of the coins we have with losses or you could say we sell them to cut bigger losses, but I think 92% is not cutting losses because you could say the coins are worthless and we really need to observe and analyze the coins we have to determine our steps in the future, hold it or sell it to cut losses if we think the coin will be difficult to continue to increase.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 07:57:16 PM

Selling is always depend on the movement or maybe the volume of the coin. I beleive that selling in a low price is a loss, so selling is always on a high price, but i believe that it is also depend on the volume of the coin because we dont even know about the coin status if it will fall or rise up high so i think we also need to see the volume.
Aside the volume for me, I also consider the project itself, if it’s a project I am not so sure of its future and the value too is gradually depreciating, I sell then off quickly even when I have made little loss to buy bitcoin, because I know that no matter how, now that we are just at the beginning of Bull, Bitcoin will definitely give me such loss back, so there was no point holding such coin.

But for BTC, I am in to for a long term and not a short term, I don’t do short term trading, so it will be much more easier for me to decide when to sell off which will be based on the percentage increase of my coin, anything that can give me 200% increase on my investment, is quite ok for me, fare better than just keeping the fund in my traditional bank without any profit on it.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 08:02:34 PM

I am also mentioned the same thing,no one can find the real bottom or top until it become happened.Maybe there are some exceptional people like having the super power of finding what will happen in the future can use this strategy to maximize their profits. Cheesy
That’s why better to make your own analization and trust your own research because no one is perfectly able to predict the market movement, if you are satisfied with your prediction you better take part in campaigns where you can get better option regarding all this, you only need to leave your journey whenever you find yourself earning enough.
fortelen

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 08:08:45 PM

Exit Crypto when there is a very long decrease. As happened in 2018 that this is a very bad decline and you can get out of the market. Your coins are better for long-term investments. And to return to the Crypto market when the market conditions are now. All market prices go up and it's time to sell coins.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:21:46 PM

You have to really do an indebt study of crypto trading before you start. A friend once gave me a book with hundreds of pages on trading. It's very risky and requires a strong mind as well.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 09:40:11 PM

As long as I believe in hard work of developers of a particular project, there is no need to panic at this moment. Sure, it was crazy after the burst of the bubble in early 2018, but you would be in loss no matter which coin (except stablecoins) was your black horse. Now, we can see several huge deals which can mean a wider adoption between not savvy blockchain geeks. Selling should be connected with cash outs that are set before an investment, so you will be in a safer position even in a case of another breakdown.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Xalata

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2019, 10:39:13 PM

I have invested in a couple of ICOs and selling your holdings actually depends on so many factors. First of them is to see the price of the coin 30% above ICO price when listed on exchanges. If it's for project that has a very promising future then you might want to sell some and save some for the future good.

GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:30:49 PM

It depends of your decision or you must have a target of how many percent are you gonna sell your crypto to earn enough profit, do not let your emotion dectate to you because after that you will get regret and turning yourself down.
That decision is quite very tough to make sometimes mate, I have once been in a situation in that past during the last bull run where I set a target to be 20%, I actually got my target which I followed strictly and made my profit, but unfortunately, little did I know that the coin I sold had the tendency of increasing by 200%, I couldn’t take it when I saw it, I was filled with regrets of why I didn’t wait longer, it could have been a major breakthrough and lifetime opportunity if I had waited a little longer, so right now mate, what I strictly do is not to set value, I make sure I invest in projects that I am sure that even if I wait for 10 years, it will be worth the wait, right now, my target is ATH, and will wait no matter how long it takes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: