Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070031 times)
Rytir_fik

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:01:50 PM

After reading last 2 pages I did not find any useful information.. My feeling is that Monero guys are maybe afraid that people will go from Monero to Bytecoin (price increase, difficulty as well). Is not it reason why you are trolling here? ... only teasing. Cool

I like Bytecoin (BCN). BYTECOIN.ORG the best to mine with MinerGate

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThePatient

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:08:59 PM

I just dont understand why devs choose such shitty names. Ducknote? Monero? Come on...

Anyway, I'm just happy I bought BCN starting at 4 sats.  Cool

Also, I don't think i got a respose (maybe i missed it)....is IRC #BCN  our channel? or is that something totally different?

I registered a #bytecoinBCN.

Keyboard-Mash

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:13:11 PM

It’s just silly to augment to the tune of Monero Devs and heavy bag holders that frequent this thread to ask silly questions and say they have gotten no answers. It isn’t that you have received no answers but rather you refuse to acknowledge the answers you have been given. So this vicious cycle with continue; DRK to Monero, Monero to Bytecoin and so on, But why? Why would the creator of something, the true innovation not defend itself? Because quite honestly it has nothing to really defend. They have no needs to gain such that of other coins like Dark and Monero, etc. Price of the coin doesn’t matter, their code is not in question, and the only thing in question is the misuse of words to facilitate your false meaning. Monero chooses to be a dictator of sorts and create this all powerful meaning and put so much faith on being a fair release with (as you guys say) no "premine". There is a Monero presence in every crypotnote coin thread(Ducknote, MTN, QCN). All quite negative.

I agree with you. I'm not asking Bytecoin devs to defend themselves, none of my questions were targeted at them or their closed community. I've asked them before, and they rightly ignore me .. so I've taken to respecting their privacy. In fact, let me make it clear that I don't think it's a premine. I think it's a closed economy, much like china was until the 1970s or so. I'm trying to make sense of why people, like myself, continue to come to this thread every single day. What is here? Is this a currency, a mystery, or a sad mistake? I think it's a mystery, and am very open to taking every answer that has been given to me at face value. When you say there's nothing to defend, do you mean literally that there's nothing here worthwhile to put into someone's pocket so let them do whatever .. or what? I don't see it as a financial tool, I see it as a priceless mystery -- but that's me and I've been in this thread since a few days after the BCN thread was even made. What is BCN to you?

Quote from: sorryforthat
This is the point where you move from sound question to low blows, a cheap shot at everyone in this thread. I have no need to be part of some secret community, nor do I strive to do so. Let’s stay on track now.
You think I think only the people in this thread think that? Hell, just because I said it doesn't mean I'm alone in hoping for it Wink I've spent enough time waiting for a mystery message that's never going to pop out of thin air .. it was tough but I moved on. It's why I'm back now, asking the same questions I asked of myself for weeks before giving up.

Quote from: sorryforthat
I don’t think that you guys need to really do things like this. I am a supporter of both. I have been with both since they were introduced in this thread, one of the first Monero miners and a heavy holder of XMR and BCN. My intent is not to fame one more than the other, it’s to end this useless banter that is really fading the image that I have of Monero and its team. It all seems desperate and you guys are far better than this. Soon you will be no different than DRK with a string of fanboys at your side.

Bullshit this isn't you vs. me, or Monero vs. Bytecoin when I ask these questions. If you think that then I'll just delete my profile again because you people seem way too obsessed with an ego you've attributed to a profile and people's post-dicks.

It seems more and more every day like nothing can get done right unless people know nothing about each other.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:20:54 PM

Bullshit this isn't you vs. me, or Monero vs. Bytecoin when I ask these questions. If you think that then I'll just delete my profile again because you people seem way too obsessed with an ego you've attributed to a profile and people's post-dicks.

It seems more and more every day like nothing can get done right unless people know nothing about each other.

The last portion was more geared toward the Monero teams that are always here with bad intentions.

It seems maybe I have misconstrued your general message and I am sorry if it seemed as if I was attacking you personally. I suppose I am after much the same but my life goes on regardless.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:31:29 PM

The last portion was more geared toward the Monero teams that are always here with bad intentions.

Perhaps that is directed at me and if so I can tell you I have no "bad intentions." I hold a lot of BCN after mining a ridiculous amount when it surfaced here. I don't know the exact market values right now but I might hold more BCN than XMR. Being part of the Monero core team has not given me any special "stash" of Monero (there was no pre-mine, IPO, instamine, or other way I would have gotten free or cheap coins).

If anything, mining BCN was much easier because the difficulty started out implausibly low given the alleged economy that supposedly existed, and also because the difficulty did not take off rapidly the way XMR's did.

I ask questions and challenge implausible claims only because I seek the truth and I don't like seeing potential frauds allowed to continue unchallenged.

If I were simply acting out of self-interest I would probably never say anything negative about BCN and I'd be here pumping it the way other people do. I guess if they're part of the 150 billion coin "earlier adopter" (aka premine, testnet, etc.) group they might hold more than I do though.

Timerondsc

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:36:48 PM

Given a clean relaunch that is approved by the inventors of the technology without an 80% premine, I really can't see why anyone would choose the 80% premine version.

Your mom had 80% premine too before you were born.

No offences, but you are funny Smiley.
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:38:12 PM

Your mom had 80% premine too before you were born.

Well played Sir.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:02:00 PM

Given a clean relaunch that is approved by the inventors of the technology without an 80% premine, I really can't see why anyone would choose the 80% premine version.

Invetors of the technology? Your coin isnt build on cryptonote alone my friend. Regardless of what cryptonote has done, dont foreshadow the fact that your coin would be nothing without Bytecoin development.

c18machine

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

Invetors of the technology? Your coin isnt build on cryptonote alone my friend. Regardless of what cryptonote has done, dont foreshadow the fact that your coin would be nothing without Bytecoin development.

sorryforthat end this monero joke coin right now. srybigbro Cheesy
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:18:38 PM

What do you guys think happened between Bytecoin and Cryptonote? Why the schism ? According to their forums, they had different views.

My theory : Bytecoin wanted to profit from the external world (hence 80% premine) whereas Cryptonote wanted to create something valuable for the external world (hence open source).

What's yours ?
Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:33:46 PM

What do you guys think happened between Bytecoin and Cryptonote? Why the schism ? According to their forums, they had different views.

My theory : Bytecoin wanted to profit from the external world (hence 80% premine) whereas Cryptonote wanted to create something valuable for the external world (hence open source).

What's yours ?

I feel a little differently. I think CN mentions that Bytecoin has its own "long history". This makes me think its not a premine and they don't want the money (currently or ever). I feel like it's still used for something. I don't think that hinges on my or anyone's using it besides that community. This doesn't rule out the 'scam' that it's claimed to be necessarily .. just that there's not enough information other than history repeating itself to justify either one.

But if one were to take the 'all lies' claim .. the current CN website and Bytecoin websites could just be ripoffs of the original source names from the original onion site that said cryptonote instead of bytecoin even though the site layouts were the exact same. That name that was in one of the readmes .. Cybernote i think? What if the blockchain was really forged and there's some alpha project out there called cybernote and that's the real original blockchain?

Who knows? I sure don't. That's why I've been taking the story for mostly what CN/Bytecoin claim, because otherwise there's an endless slurry of questions. I think they've alluded to that being amusing as well in one of their posts on this forum as user cryptonote

Fun to play guesswork though .. just not something that I can ever use to transact with.

I do want to hear more from CN though, could some of you guys go and post on their forum? I've lost my passwords, but I post there a few times w/ a different name .. hoping for discussion. I feel like talking more on that forum will be better for everyone.

darlidada

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:41:06 PM

U are right, maybe they wanted a close economy. This simple fact could create a schism as cryptonote team members have massive adoption as their ultimate goal.
Keyboard-Mash

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

Actually, that brings up a good point that I didn't think about.

There's people here who actively support Bytecoin .. what do any of you think or make of cryptonote?

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

I mean there was a disagreement between the two communities .. as a supporter of one do you still have interest in the other?

Like if you feel that you support Bytecoin .. do you feel animosity toward CryptoNote (either direct or indirect)?

edit:

What I mean is that before I posted that people should go to CN, but I didn't consider that people supporting Bytecoin might not like CN at all .. and it would have been offensive when I wasn't trying to be. Sorry if I was.
c18machine

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:45:33 PM

There's people here who actively support Bytecoin .. what do any of you think or make of cryptonote?

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

I mean there was a disagreement between the two communities .. as a supporter of one do you still have interest in the other?

Like if you feel that you support Bytecoin .. do you feel animosity toward CryptoNote (either direct or indirect)?

I support whoever made this code. Thats all.
darlidada

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:49:16 PM

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

then by extension you should support the goal of whoever made that code right?
c18machine

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:53:00 PM

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

If the goal is to take down banks, yes.
darlidada

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:04:34 AM

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

The ultimate goal of cryptonote team members is massive adoption of their technology. I dont see a massive adoption of a premine coin such as Bytecoin happen anytime soon. TBH, the market has already decided that MRO is cryptonote coin that matters for now. It is also the most technologically relevant today as most of its update comes from MRO.

c18machine

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:07:10 AM

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

The ultimate goal of cryptonote team members is massive adoption of their technology. I dont see a massive adoption of a premine coin such as Bytecoin happen anytime soon. TBH, the market has already decided that MRO is cryptonote coin that matters for now. It is also the most technologically relevant today as most of its update comes from MRO.

Dont take that for granted, things can change anytime.
graphfox

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:39:03 AM

Good guys/bad guys .. ?

Massive giveaway = massive adoption. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of measures preventing the mining teams from keeping any for themselves to dump.
Billyboy402

Activity: 599

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:28:57 AM

we need a pool with GPU support

this coin it been 80% solo

best pool atm is 80kh/s but the newwork is 600kh/s

THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACK > SORRY FOR ANY ONE THAT HAS DEALT WITH THIS ACCOUNT.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: