Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:32:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012  (Read 1070068 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:04:06 PM

What files do I need for a backup? Only wallet.bin?

I'm backuping the whole set of wallets' files - just in case.  Cheesy

I tried restoring from the key file and it sort of worked, but it lost (and did not restore once syncing to the block chain) the record of which outputs had been spent. Trying to send coins after that caused a failure due to double spend.

Not good. Back up your entire wallet, not just the keys.

matej krkic

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:06:45 PM

I tried restoring from the key file and it sort of worked, but it lost (and did not restore once syncing to the block chain) the record of which outputs had been spent. Trying to send coins after that caused a failure due to double spend.

Before restoring from the key file you should delete wallet.bin from the folder. Did you?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:07:25 PM

Before restoring from the key file you should delete wallet.bin from the folder. Did you?

Yes, I moved it somewhere else.

Recommend anyone reading this to not delete it.

matej krkic

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:13:40 PM

Hmm..Very strange. I had no problems during restoring. Thanks for the info!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:18:35 PM

Have you done a lot of transactions? I've traded quite a few coins, so my wallet has a lot of activity. Something in the code is not getting the restore process quite right.
matej krkic

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:21:17 PM

I'm backuping the whole set of wallets' files - just in case.  Cheesy

Have you done a lot of transactions? I've traded quite a few coins, so my wallet has a lot of activity. Something in the code is not getting the restore process quite right.

For about 20 transactions. I dont know is it much or not.

BTW

Comkort's news:

"
New coins will be added in next 24 hours.

The list of coins:

BCN Bytecoin
RAP Rap-eCoin
ULT UltimateCoin
PCC Polishcoin
ENC EntropyCoin
EUC Eurocoin
"

Congratulations!
Naka

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:46:32 PM

BTW

Comkort's news:

"

The list of coins:

BCN Bytecoin
RAP Rap-eCoin
ULT UltimateCoin
PCC Polishcoin
ENC EntropyCoin
EUC Eurocoin
"

Congratulations!

I would guess they'll end up adding ByteCoin (BTE)
Adding ByteCoin (BCN) requires more work than most other coins, it's a different protocol.
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:55:40 PM

BTW

Comkort's news:

"

The list of coins:

BCN Bytecoin
RAP Rap-eCoin
ULT UltimateCoin
PCC Polishcoin
ENC EntropyCoin
EUC Eurocoin
"

Congratulations!

I would guess they'll end up adding ByteCoin (BTE)
Adding ByteCoin (BCN) requires more work than most other coins, it's a different protocol.
why would it matter that its a different protocol to the exchange, the exchange is just moving coins around, they don't care about the protocol.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
pozmu

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:31:03 AM

why would it matter that its a different protocol to the exchange, the exchange is just moving coins around, they don't care about the protocol.

But to move coins around they have to run the daemon and use its API etc - lots of work.
Anyway this is very strange... Looks like the whales/ "community" want to dump their coins.
IMHO dedicated BCN/BTC exchange would be better option right now.

Fredz91

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 02:41:50 AM

Can't find BCN on comkort.com   Sad

as it has won it should be there, right?!  when why can't I find it ? Am I the only one with this problem?
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 03:28:12 AM

as it has won it should be there, right?!  when why can't I find it ? Am I the only one with this problem?

they said after its voted then it will be added later Sunday or Monday.

so its just not up yet is my guess.  give it a little while.

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
ShitHappens

Activity: 74

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:57:34 AM

Silly question but where did you get the info about the quantity of premined coins?

Looking through the thread I have read two or more comments about it's fairness of distribution and didn't understand where did you get the numbers?

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
Fredz91

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:11:44 AM

I got it. Thanks a lot for answering so fast.
Looking forward to get some more coins.  Believe this is a breakthrough in cryptocurrency as it has a valid proof of work and completely new  high quality algorithm.
Bcn has lots of advantages but one little minus - it's name. Sometimes I read info about another bytecoin and all the info in my head have mixed and has led to confusion.
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:36:58 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 06:26:25 AM by eizh

Silly question but where did you get the info about the quantity of premined coins?

Looking through the thread I have read two or more comments about it's fairness of distribution and didn't understand where did you get the numbers?

You need to calculate it based on the protocol's formula and parameters. Below is some pseudocode that would output the numbers (it's actually MATLAB, if you have that). Currently there are 154.01 billion BCN and the max supply is 184.46 billion. So the "premine" (mining in the deepweb) is 154.01/184.46 = 83.49%. Actually it's a little bit less than that since we noticed this coin about a month ago so some of those are ours here on the clearweb.

Because of the "premine" and some other things, there's a fork called Bitmonero [BMR]. thankful_for_today is the dev and the coin supply and mining schedule has been changed to be close to Bitcoin (~18 million total coins, mining goes on for decades). You can check it out here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0

Pesudocode:
MSupply = 2^64 - 1;
A = 0;
Now = 944250/2;         % this is the number of minutes since July 4, 2012 5:00 divided by two (because block time = 2 min)

for i = 1:1:Now
    BaseReward = (MSupply - A)/2^18;        % this is equivalent to the >>18 (right bit shift) in 2's complement described in the white paper
    A = A + BaseReward;
end

output = A/10^8        % this is the number of BCN in circulation (because each coin is divisible by 8 decimal places).
JPSelzer

Activity: 689
Merit: 14

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:18:41 AM

I got it. Thanks a lot for answering so fast.
Looking forward to get some more coins.  Believe this is a breakthrough in cryptocurrency as it has a valid proof of work and completely new  high quality algorithm.
Bcn has lots of advantages but one little minus - it's name. Sometimes I read info about another bytecoin and all the info in my head have mixed and has led to confusion.

You can get them using Goolge Doc Exchange if you're so eager to try it out. Smiley

shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:19:58 AM

You need to calculate it based on the protocol's formula and parameters. Below is some pseudocode that would output the numbers (it's actually MATLAB, if you have that). Currently there are 154.01 billion BCN and the max supply is 184.46 billion. So the "premine" (mining in the deepweb) is 154.01/184.46 = 83.49%. Actually it's a little bit less than that since we noticed this coin about a month ago so some of those are ours here on the clearweb.

Because of the "premine" and some other things, there's a fork called Bitmonero [BMR]. thankful_for_today is the dev and the coin supply and mining schedule has been changed to be close to Bitcoin (~18 million total coins, mining goes on for decades). You can check it out here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0

Pesudocode:
MSupply = 2^64 - 1;
A = 0;
Now = 944250/2;         % this is the number of minutes since July 4, 2012 5:00 divided by two (because block time = 2 min)

for i = 1:1:Now
    BaseReward = (MSupply - A)/2^18;        % this is equivalent to the >>18 (right bit shift) in 2's complement described in the white paper
    A = A + BaseReward;
end

output = A/10^8        % this is the number of BCN in circulation (because each coin is divisible by 8 decimal places).

I find it difficult to support a clone of Bytecoin that didn't even build a GUI wallet program to release it.
Anyone want to do it better?  PM me.
eizh

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:38:30 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 11:11:29 AM by eizh

I find it difficult to support a clone of Bytecoin that didn't even build a GUI wallet program to release it.
Anyone want to do it better?  PM me.

It will have a GUI wallet, probably sooner than another clone. However, good luck with your clone. Such is the nature of the altcoin clown show. Wink Hopefully eventually there will be hundreds of CryptoNote clones a la BTC. It will be an affirmation of the protocol's success.
Patejl

Activity: 532

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:40:59 AM

How to continue with solo mining on same machine after OS reinstall?
i'm getting this error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "xeon1.bin"

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

eizh

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:45:25 AM

How to continue with solo mining on same machine after OS reinstall?
i'm getting this error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "xeon1.bin"

So you backed up your wallet .bin and .bin.keys files, copied them to the new install, and then got this error?
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:47:25 AM

Anyone want to do it better?  PM me.

It will have a GUI wallet, probably sooner than another clone. However, good luck with your clone. Such is the nature of the altcoin clown show. Wink
Perhaps more important that a GUI is source code that compiles on OSX...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: