Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency?  (Read 42370 times)
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:39:46 AM

Borrowing altcoin is very dangerous and unsafe. It is not reliable because you don't know if you can use it or you might lose it. There is also some hidden collateral in the process of borrowing altcoin and altcoin changes its value every now and then. It is not really safe so I won't do it but if you're willing to take the risk then go.

Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 11:44:34 AM

I wont advice anyone to do such because the volatility of the crypto market is too much.If u wish to borrow,do so in terms of the dollar value. I have seen cases when this causes strife between friends. As at when the BTC was borrowed it was worth 400 dollars fast forward a 6 month down the line the dollar value was 3k dolars and it became impossible for the borrower to pay. I advice when lending crypto do so in terms of dollar value so as to avoid conflict.

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 11:50:20 AM

I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?
I will try to borrow on it, if the token I will be supporting have a good development team and have a better plans for the future of their project, not just on the beginning so that we users can assure consistency to our funds to gain profits, instead of borrowing without any assurance. I am not saying that we will not engage on it but make a decision/s and take the risk.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
toydoll

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 12:01:45 PM

If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?
I am afraid of borrowing and try not to take them,and especially would not do it in cryptocurrency.it is not too stable and risky,took one amount,and will have to return another.
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 12:21:55 PM

No i won't borrow in cryptocurrency unless my crypto is stucked somewhere. It is very volatile and i don't want to end up having 5x debt than original.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
maxitdev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 12:34:28 PM

If the price will be predictable. Would you change your mind?

Our White paper answer many questions, which cames out here.
Read it:
https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 01:02:50 PM

If not please tell why?

Well, it's two ways. As you have said, it can work or not in your end.

But personally, I don't like to borrow specially in crypto. We are here to make money and borrowing might be a burden for some. If will just give pressure on yourself so that you will be able to repay that money.

Just stick to the basics, and make a wise decision.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:40:53 PM

I once borrowed cryptocurrency from a friend precisely DGTX. But it wasn't a good experience. I borrowed the coin last year when the price was just 3 cents. But I regrettably paid back at 7 cent rate as it was the current price during payback time which was a great loss to me.
See the repayment? It's so big, everybody can borrow money from anybody in crypto and there were sites that offers that service. But that exactly why I don't want to borrow in crypto.
Mikell556

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 02:42:07 PM

If not please tell why?

Do you mean loans? So earlier, many people took loans in order to buy them cryptocurrency. And it used to work while prices rose. However, then many regretted their actions when prices began to fall sharply down and they received losses instead of profits.
Therefore, in cryptocurrencies need to be careful about borrowing. It is very risky.
airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:03:50 PM

never using money on situation that you can't handle like buying cryptocurrency
if you plan on that , better if you cancel it. do bounty or some airdrop . if you lucky enough you can save some penny and it will be growing if you keep doing that

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 03:35:43 PM

I guess I would totally "borrow" crypto currency but who would lend me crypto that is the question. There used to be places where people could borrow money and others lend them money but people are smart they increased their trust ratings by getting money and repaying countless times and than after a while increasing the amount making it suspicious and yet paid those back to and eventually after a while they just decided not to pay back if the number gets big enough.

That is the level of shady business goes on in bitcoin world when lending is mentioned and there is a lending page here on bitcointalk where you can see people lose money lending others more than they make money so it makes no sense to lend anyone crypto. That is why "borrowing" is quite easy to answer but lending is impossible.
maxitdev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:41:10 PM

I guess I would totally "borrow" crypto currency but who would lend me crypto that is the question. There used to be places where people could borrow money and others lend them money but people are smart they increased their trust ratings by getting money and repaying countless times and than after a while increasing the amount making it suspicious and yet paid those back to and eventually after a while they just decided not to pay back if the number gets big enough.

That is the level of shady business goes on in bitcoin world when lending is mentioned and there is a lending page here on bitcointalk where you can see people lose money lending others more than they make money so it makes no sense to lend anyone crypto. That is why "borrowing" is quite easy to answer but lending is impossible.

With a well functioning credit score system, the risk of lending can be minimized.
Check MaxiCredits White paper:
https://www.maxicreditcompany.com/whitepaper.pdf
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 05:30:33 PM

if you plan on that , better if you cancel it. do bounty or some airdrop . if you lucky enough you can save some penny and it will be growing if you keep doing that
Always and everywhere users of cryptocurrency sound such theses that imply advice to use for the cryptocurrency market only those funds that you do not mind losing. But it seems to me that only a beginner who has little experience or does not possess enough information can afford such an approach to business. To a professional and work on a large scale and In confirmation of my words, we can pay attention to any cryptocurrency exchanges and orders for sale and purchase of the highest-rated cryptocurrency.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:45:03 AM

Why not I think is the person does not have money they can invest and trade with borrow money but it is hard to get or to borrow the entire bitcoin as no one will be agree to give his bitcoin which it is already so hard to obtain, no one will be agree to lend their bitcoin as it takes so long time for the price recovery and it takes time to make profit.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:50:38 AM

If not please tell why?
Borrowing in online world including cryptocurrency is really risky though. If a cryptocurrency have a low price volatility, i rather to buy it by my own money, not from borrow other people. It's better to spend money that you can't afford to lose. You know right anything can happen in crypto world.
Deylandra

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:52:50 AM

I would only borrow if it's in dentacoin.
Annalise24
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

Atronocom

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 08:17:21 AM

As a matter of fact borrowing is not good...borrowing is emptying tomorrow in today.
Do not borrow to invest in cryptocurrency because of the riskiness of the business.
I used to think that it was a nice idea not until I borrowed last year and invested in a coin and I lost a huge percentage of my funds.

ATRONOCOM  ]   BUILT FOR YOU ANDYOUR CRYPTO LIFESTYLE
| ❱  bitcointalk  ◽  WP  ❰ |    ❨❪  JOIN CROWDSALE  ❫❩
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ twitter
[/quote
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 08:21:55 AM

For now nobody seems to do that. Borrowing in cryptocurrency. Because what I know now is lending money online. Because, now there are many developments in the online world. Therefore there are many places to borrow money online. I have never seen borrowing in the world of cryptocurrency.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 08:56:06 AM

If not please tell why?
I would not. The reason is that the money I need to owe if I borrow an altcoin/Bitcoin to a person could become larger compare the the value that I borrowed it in the first place. This can make me suffer in owing that person since I wouldn't borrow a money if I have savings either in my bank account, wallet, or even in cryptocurrency.
setialovers

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 09:42:29 AM

If not please tell why?

I think i am will not borrow cryptocurrency. Beside the price always fluctuating, its because there is no regulation about this. Many people think cryptocurrency is speculation asset and its better borrowing fiat than crypto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: