Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency?  (Read 42370 times)
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 02:59:18 PM

Cryptocurrency is a high risk investment, borrowing in Cryptocurrency should be for the learned and very experienced, a lot of persons have burnt up their capital in crypto and if one is very naive and have very little knowledge about this space, such is likely to happen. Personally, I have never done such despite how long I have spent here and the it is similar reason I avoid margin trading in bitmex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 02:59:26 PM

I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

I don't like to borrow in cryptocurrencies even in low prices. I prefer on my own ability rather than borrow for any crypto investment. I have small capital and i depend on it.

globalpain

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:02:32 PM

If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

Whenever I never borrow any crypto and Bitcoin in this business industry. It is too risky if you do it here, they will ask for sure a collateral
from you which is not good. So if I were you don't you ever try do it, due to it can wreck you in the end believe me on that things mate.
I agree, I am also not interested in making a loan in cryptocurrency because it is too risky, I also do not recommend doing it because each loan definitely needs collateral, think again if you want to make a loan because one day it could be a loss for you, better invest when you have more funds

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 03:24:44 PM

If the price volatility is actually very low and is almost stable in price, then yeah I guess people won't hesitate to borrow funds using crypto currencies. In fact its going to be extremely easy for them to borrow money in terms of crypto currencies. Just few clicks and it's done. I know trust would be an issue over here, but then again, involving a third party institution means you will be sacrificing financial freedom.
The case would be different if the prices were extremely volatile. The complexity of giving loans would increase.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:16:47 PM

If not please tell why?

Whenever I never borrow any crypto and Bitcoin in this business industry. It is too risky if you do it here, they will ask for sure a collateral
from you which is not good. So if I were you don't you ever try do it, due to it can wreck you in the end believe me on that things mate.
I think it is not that bad if you are getting profit for it, if you will borrow some of your bitcoin it will be profit able business but you can also keep holding it by your own self, so it seems hard to take this decision but it is not impossible as some people use to do this, they borrow it and make worldwide business.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 07:24:36 PM

Borrowing itself is pretty risky but as a gambler and lender for it i can tell it can go pretty ugly for both sides on an upward trend in price. For example i had a total of 1000 usd taken as loan which at the 19990 ath was around 30000 usd.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:16:03 PM

If not please tell why?
there is no need for me till you like the situation is happening but no one will say I don't want money everyone needs money but but the the position and his normal life mein der person to borrow the cryptocurrency.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:26:22 PM

Crypto is an asset that tends to go up in value. When you borrow something that increases in value you have to pay back more interest.

That doesn't make borrowing crypto to spend it on things you need like cars and houses a good idea but it's still a good idea if you're using it to get more crypto.
There are also great moves like borrowing a shitcoin that goes down in value and using it to buy a better one.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:37:36 PM

Crypto is not unpredictable in short term, so if you would like to borrow, then better to look for s long term like a year or two.
Before borrowing, think of it that the money you will use for buying crypto can swing from time to time. And as much as possible, not just a long term like around those years but you should be able to understand on what you are buying.

You mitigate the risk and you are dedicated with that decision because once the market dip, you may never know on how long you need to wait and when it will start to recover. These are the few points before borrowing and actually there are plenty of it.

Fluctuation risks could be at least somewhat mitigated by borrowing in a stablecoin or a basket of stablecoins. Maybe stablecoins are the future for cryptobanking. Who knows.
Yeah you can mitigate it that way but we are all in crypto because of the volatility, usage and the potential profit that we may get from accepting the risk of being volatile.

What would be the purpose of investing with borrowed or your very own money if you will just by stable coins? their value never change and you are likely to get exact amount with what you invested.
I don't see any good reason taking the risk without any expected outcome benefits, most of us if not everyone are aiming for potential profits so it's really about making money with your investment or even with the lend money that you will be investing inside this market, if you really believe and you have passions to learn more about this industry, borrowing money for the sake of much better results can be performed.

Well, lets just think about borrowing in for instance BTC, you invest that borrowed amount in fiat account, BTC drops, you buy back BTC at lower price and pocket the profit.
KrakenZ

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:38:19 PM

As long as I join a crypto currency, I have not heard that there are parties offering loans in crypto currencies. If indeed there are parties who offer loans in crypto currency then this is a great breakthrough because it can provide capital to those who have financial limitations. If indeed there is borrowing in the form of crypto currency then I am one of those who will take advantage of this convenience. Besides that, I hope there are also those who offer crypto currency insurance. In this very volatile crypto currency, insurance is an option to guarantee our crypto currency.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 08:42:38 PM

As long as I join a crypto currency, I have not heard that there are parties offering loans in crypto currencies. If indeed there are parties who offer loans in crypto currency then this is a great breakthrough because it can provide capital to those who have financial limitations. If indeed there is borrowing in the form of crypto currency then I am one of those who will take advantage of this convenience. Besides that, I hope there are also those who offer crypto currency insurance. In this very volatile crypto currency, insurance is an option to guarantee our crypto currency.

What cryptocurrencies would be best suited for such an business? Or would it even matter if you were to borrow in BTC, LTC, ETH or any of the bigger cryptos out there.
maxitdev (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:00:41 PM

What cryptocurrencies would be best suited for such an business? Or would it even matter if you were to borrow in BTC, LTC, ETH or any of the bigger cryptos out there.

Read about MaxiCredit and Maxit:
https://maxicreditcompany.com

ra_pl

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:26:30 PM

I don't think crypto is a good loan business with the current market situation. Getting to business with loan is risky and building a business with a crypto loan is very risky too.
Denton

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:27:55 PM

Such platforms are quite interesting because they will find their users anyway. I think that many people would like to use crypto borrowing, so I support such projects.

MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 09:29:01 PM

I don't think crypto is a good loan business with the current market situation. Getting to business with loan is risky and building a business with a crypto loan is very risky too.
Every business is risky and without risks everyone would get into this because the profit would be guaranteed. The thing is loan business is definitely more riskier that most businesses because this is the area where companies lose a lot of money. But as long as you are well organized and know how to manage your clients I don't see why this wouldn't work.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:34:46 PM

Every business is risky and without risks everyone would get into this because the profit would be guaranteed. The thing is loan business is definitely more riskier that most businesses because this is the area where companies lose a lot of money. But as long as you are well organized and know how to manage your clients I don't see why this wouldn't work.
Every business has its up and downs and more than 90% of new business lost its reputation in a 3 year. Loan business is risky too and taking into consideration the online scamming cases it is possible to lose initial mount faster than a year.
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2019, 09:50:30 PM

Borrowing in cryptocurrency is something that will not be profitable because when they you will be ask to pay back, it may not be at your convenient time.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:24:33 PM

Borrowing in cryptocurrency is a very bad idea and I cannot do it, it is the same thing as borrowing to invest. This is wrong because you are not in control of the price of any coin or tokens you want to invest in and if any unforeseen circumstances happens then you are doomed. And also when the payback period of the loan or money borrowed is due, you might have not made returns from the money borrowed which will make you to start sourcing for other means to repay the money back.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:52:07 PM

Borrowing in cryptocurrency is a very bad idea and I cannot do it, it is the same thing as borrowing to invest. This is wrong because you are not in control of the price of any coin or tokens you want to invest in and if any unforeseen circumstances happens then you are doomed. And also when the payback period of the loan or money borrowed is due, you might have not made returns from the money borrowed which will make you to start sourcing for other means to repay the money back.
exactly... for example, we borrow 1 Bitcoin when Bitcoin is priced at $ 2000 then the price of Bitcoin rises to the price of $ 5000, indeed our debt is only 1 Bitcoin but the value is far different, so I think borrowing in cryptocurrency is a bad idea.

louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 10:56:42 PM

If not please tell why?

Cryptocurrency borrowing has long existed. Many exchanges are ready to give you leverage in trading. However, this is a very risky event. In case of unsuccessful trades, you lose both your money and those that the exchange gave you.
Therefore, it is better not to risk and not take credit money. It is better to slowly increase your capital in trading or investing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: